A girl with dark secrets

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Ryder this stuff is meant for killing my kind."

She said.

"What about your kind?"

A voice suddenly asked.

Nika froze and looked in the direction of the voice. Two people stood in the doorway that they had come through that looked just like Ryder. She knew these had to be his parents.

Ryder jumped slightly his parents always had a way with scaring pople, he pulled nika close to him and then looked at the room to his parents and then at nika

" mom, dad this is my..erm..girlfriend and we were touring the house, her kind um she ment the cheerleaders, cu..cuz there scary"

He had a hard time coomming up with lies under pressure

"and what is this?"

He waited for his parents to answer him

His father shook his head as Nika glanced at him.

Cheerleader? That's the best you could come up with?

She thought. She looked back at his parents.

"Really Ryder that's one of your worst ones yet. Don't play dumb with us. We know what she is."

He said, taking a few steps forward.

Nika froze, watching him as he grabbed a stake and tossed it to Ryder.

"We were going to wait to tell you till you were ready, but it seems things don't wait anymore."

Ryder caught the stake out of reflex he stared at the stake and then he looked up at his mom who had no expression on her face and then at his dad who looked calm as always

" what the hell are you talking about? What are you?"

He dropped the stake and it clanked to the floor

im gonna get you out of here

He though as he backed up with her.

With both of us alive I hope.

She thought, still pressed up against him.

"Breaking the laws already. Being a hunter, you aren't allowed to protect their kind."

Ryder's father waved a hand at Nika.

"It weakens the order of things and our power. So."

He bent down and picked up the stake again, handing it to Ryder.

"Let's try this again."

Ryder took the stake and stared at his stake and then his dad, he clenched the stake and looked at the halllway from where they had came

" i thought i make my own dicissions and i dont want to hurt her..i jut cant"

He shoved his father back and watched him stuble he ran past his mom pulling nika along with him he ran out the room and reached the stairs

go you have to get out of here

Don't I know it. She muttered, but she didn't move. Come with me. Please. She asked, though it was more of a statement then a question. Please Ryder. She thought, hearing heavy footsteps behind them. They weren't running, but they were walking fast.

Ryder had no time to think instead he just took her hand and lead her fown the stairs and grabbed two bags, he opened the door and ran to his car opeing the doors he tossed the bags in the back and got in waiting for nika

ok lets get out of here

She got in and closed the passenger door, glancing over at him.

Ryder...I'm...really sorry about all of this.

She thought as she strapped herself in. She herself didn't really need to buckle up like humans had to, but she did anyway.

He drove for awhile collecting his thoughs as he pulled into a paint shop they were changing the color he looked at her

" its fine its not your fault, its my partes and your council and basically the law in general, im chaging the car color just incase and theres a rented out hotel a few miles from here , lot of civilian"

He reached and kissed her forehead

She gave Ryder a small smile and got out with him.

They can still track our scent you know.

She told him.

Besides, changing the paint on the car isn't a one day job...

She looked over at him.

What are we gunna do while they repaint your car?

She wondered as they entered the main office.

He lauged silently and the lady gave them a key, he nodded and took her hand leading them to their room, it was nice, a king size bed, nice tv, bathroom, and a small kitchen area

" the paint will take a day not that long"

He walked tword the bed and layed down exausted

"I think I'm going to shower."

She said, and headed to the bathroom. It was all white with a huge medicine cabnite. The bright light stung her eyes a little and she blinked several times until her eyes adjusted. She shut the bathroom door and grabbed a towel to dry off with when she was done. She stripped down out of her dirty clothes and got the shower running and stepped it, letting the hot water wash the dirt away help relax her tense muscles. After a few minutes in the shower she turned it off and dried herself off before getting back into her dirty clothes. She ran her fingers through her hair several times, trying to get the tangles out as best as she could. She washed her face, getting the makeup off and finally went and laid down with Ryder, letting out a long sigh. She looked over at him.

Thanks for not leaving me.

She thought to him.

And for not killing me.

Ryder smiled and kissed her softly, and he got up handing her a bag

" its full of clothes, they'll probubly fit you cause you seem the same height and size as my friend"

he took the other bag and pulled out his shorts and he walked into the bathroom pulling off his dirty clothes he steped into the shower and cleaned himself up, he felt relax which is what he needed, atfer the shower he steped out and put on his boxers and shorts, he dried his hair and walked out

how long have you gone without blood? and i would never hurt you.

She smiled a little, though it was sad and tired. By the time Ryder had stepped out of the bathroom, she had changed into fresh clothing. She froze at his question.

I hope you aren't suggesting that I feed from you. But the answer to your question is about a day. Maybe a day and a half.

She thought, a bit uncomfterable in the men's clothing. She kept her undergarments on, refusing to change into men's.

He lauged breifly

" there girl clothes"

He walked into the kitched and took a smal balde brining it to his neck he cut it and the blood came out, he winced in pain

" you have to drink"

She backed away from him until she fell back on the bed, looking horrified. She shook her head.

"No...Ryder please...Not from you."

She looked at the cut on his neck as he walked up to her and she felt her fangs extend all the way out.

I could kill you!

She thought.

He walked over to her and pulled her into his arms wraping his arms around her, he knew it was dangerous bu they could come at anytime and she needed the energy

"itll be fine if you go to far ill stop you"

drink

He thought to her

How can you stop me if you end up dead?

She thought. She knew she was being stubborn, but she just couldn't bring herself to possibly hurt him, though a part of her knew she needed and wanted his blood. She squirmed a little in his hold, and sighed when she finally knew she wasn't getting out of it this time. She leaned forward and licked at the blood. Once getting another taste, she bit down, sinking her fangs into the soft flesh of his neck and started to drink.

He allowed her to drink for a moment and he pulled away from her and looked at her

" okay thats enough"

He saw her moth full with his blood and then thought it wasnt a bright idea after all