A girl with dark secrets

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
She grunted. Yeah. Sure. She thought. She watched Edmund, who was still starring at his burnt finger.

Edmund turned to her and stiffened. "This presents quite an oppertunity. Very well. If either of you two don't kill each other within a few months, we do the job for you." Edmund turned his attention to Nika's captor. "Let her go." He ordered, and she rubbed her wrists as the cuffs were taken off. Edmund pointed to the door. "Now get out." He commanded.

Nika sighed and greatfully left, the cut on her neck still bleeding. She gathered up all of her school things and left. It was dark out, and it was quite late.

Wonderful. She thought. Now I am an exile. A wanted vampire with a bounty on her head. She looked back at her home and then set forward, unsure of where to go.

Ryder continued to walked and stop a few blocks from his house his body was acking with painn, his wrist still bleeding and it was making him lightheaded and the bandage from the bite nika gave bleed through, he walked and then slumped to the floor leaning on a near wall

this is just great.

At school the next day, Nika felt like hell, though it looked as if nothing had happened the night before. The cut on her cheek and neck where gone. She walked into her first class and didn't even look at Ryder when he walked in. She thought about calling in sick but she couldn't. The members from the council were watching her like a hawk. They had even followed her to school in their black car with tinted black windows.

Ryder walked in and sat in the back he still had a bandged wraped around his neck and his wrist, he was tired of everyone asking what happened, all he was thinking about was what happened lastine, how wyrd died, nika chained and the accusion of him being a hunter..it was all to much for him and he didn't know how to deal with it, he tapped his desk rapidly.

By the time lunch came around, Nika hadn't even bothered with a tray full of food. She knew the two members of the council were watching her. Her and Ryder. She looked for them but she couldn't spot them. She sat at a table that was furthest from everyone, not having spoken all day.

Ryder walked into the lunch room and sat down at the table with his friends he just blanked out not really paying attention to his friends conversation, he eyes darted around the room and stoped abruptly as he spotted nika, he looked away quickly, he couldnt take it he got up from the table and walked out the lunch room to thr main office

" exusse me but i need the resign papers"

She looked at him for a long moment

" were gonna need a parents signiture

He thought about it for a breif moment

" okay'

The rest of the day passed by slowly. Nika still refused to look at Ryder as he entered English. She knew why they had killed Wyrd. Through out the day, a coldness crept into her eyes that wasn't there before. It was an emotionless coldness, like ice. She still hadn't spoken to anyone, not even talking to Ryder with her thoughts.

Ryder sat through his last class after this he probubly wouldnt be comming back, things changed dramatically and he didnt see reason he looked at nika and sighed

please say something

She finally looked at him, though she wasn't really looking at him.

Like what?

She snapped.

Ryder bit his tounge holding back from saying what he really wanted to say outloud

mabey about the other day adn stop acting like it never happened!? Nika it happened! now you act like im the enemy, but its fine its funny how people change, i know you cared for wyrd i dont kjnow how it feels but damn

She bared her fangs at him.

I'm not acting like you're the enemy. She snapped. And what do you want me to say about last night? Hm? I'm not acting like it didn't happen. She gathered up her books and stalked out of the classroom, slamming the door shut with everyone starring at her.

Ryder got out and walked out after her he grabed nika's arm putting her against a locker and looked at her

" whats with you? look if you want me gone just say so, i know your mad about what happened"

She sighed.

I don't want you to go...

She looked up at him.

But you have no idea how I feel about what happened.

She touched his cheek gently.

He felt her hands against his cheek and he pulled her close to him

" i want to understand, let me be there for you"

She buried her head against his chest, hearing and feeling his heart beat and his breath.

I don't think you'll ever understand.

She thought.

I'm going home...

She paused then, realizing she didn't have a home any more.

Er...to a hotel...

She thought. There was a local hotel that she could get a room to stay.

He wraped his arms around her and rubbed her back slowly

" stay with me"

He waited to hear her answer

She looked up at him.

"Are you sure? I can stay at the hotel..."

She said, her voice no more then a whisper. She didn't want to be any more of a burden on him then she already was.

He kissed her forehead and smiled slightly

" im positive, no more questions your welcomed to my home"

She returned the smile.

Thanks.

She thought, then her smile faded.

By the way...they...er...want us to kill each other.

She looked up at him.

And if we don't do it within a few months, they'll come after us and kill us.

Ryder smiled for a moment then his smile fadded he looked at her for a moment

wait why? and a few months?