A Game of Cat and Mouse (potassiumboron w/ Blooming Bismuth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"...She made you pay for everything?" He grimaced to himself, noticing the fact the feline had made a swift exit in anticipation that she would just be in trouble - noting that for later, he simply moved to wrap his arms around the other again. "Jeez... look, I like scented candles anyway. Cinnamon! It reminds me of Christmas."​

"I prefer pine myself," He commented, lightly pulling him from the embrace. "Oo... pink, rose scented candles."

Reactions: potassiumboron
"Yes, but you said it's my massage, so I pick the scents," he cooed playfully, nuzzling inward with a tired yawn. All he wanted was to use the least amount of energy possible, and taking a shower, while desirable, wasn't something he had the energy for. Crying took it out of him daily. "Let's just sleep, please?"​

"That sounds good too," He laughed, clinging to the other to be led carefully back to their shared room. They hadn't done anything sexual, but they both did love each other. With Kaz's lack of fear on his body, he didn't mind pressing close to the other without any awkwardness.

Collapsing immediately on their double bed -he was saving up for something more extravagant, though- the warlock moved to cling onto the other in return. Normally, their roles were mostly merged - there wasn't an openly prominent dominant figure in their relationship. It mostly depended on who was up for it more, and right now, Xander was pretty much opposing that as he moved to press his head in quietly. "Kaz? What's your family like? Out of curiosity. You never chat about them like I do mine, aha..."​

"...I don't really talk to them anymore." He admitted softly, running his hands through the other's hair slowly. "They still wire me money so I don't die..."

"Ugh, same. I don't talk to mine since they went all crazy and killed a bunch of people, hm?" He huffed, even if the mere memory had him stiffen, golden-rimmed eyes glassing over in his typically sensitive display, sniffling as the sounding evidence for it. "But my sisters are alright, and... yeah. It's nice having them. Do you have any siblings or... anything? I mean, you can't just not talk to your family for no reason, Kaz."​

"I have an older brother and sister." He admitted, his legs wrapping around the other tight. "They forced me to leave the country... Their own family, forced me onto a plane."

"What the fuck? Why?" He squeaked, the use of expletives rare and seldom used, indicating just how shocked he was to let go of the hold over what he said, eyes suddenly locking on the other and took to holding his cheeks. "Kaz, that's awful. I'm never gonna get rid of you, like... never. Unless you wanted to dump me, in which case... I'd accept it, obviously. I-I'm not a psycho stalker type person."​

"I don't know. It was really sudden, you know? Like, one day I'm sitting in the livingroom listening to the latest nedical drama, the next they were putting their blind son on a plane to a country he had never been. I had never been on a plane before, the airport was far more terrifyinf."

"If they try to come near you, I'll make it that their hair falls out and... they get spots and boils and warts and whatever, okay? I'm not gonna stand for someone hurting my super cute and awesome boyfriend now, am I? I might not be muscled and this mega powerful police detective, but I'm a pretty decent warlock, and that's... more powerful than strength or status," he decided calmly, coming to that conclusion at least helping him come to terms with his demotion from the case.

He still wanted to be a police detective, it was what he loved now, and had devoted so much of himself towards, but he could always do with focusing on his potions and magic too.

"I wanna open up a shop," he murmured suddenly, eyes glimmering hopefully as he pressed inward eagerly. "We both could, I mean... we could move! Further downtown, where the Chinese herbal stores are, and the candle stores, herbal remedy and metaphysical stuff. W-We'd fit in, right? And... and you'd have something to do while I'm at the office."​

Furrowing his brow from the words, he had to focus on what some of it meant. What the hell did "metaphysical" mean? Was that what those odd stores Xander liked? Letting out a smile once finally making the connection, he gently took his chin for a peck. "You know, you're always coming up with good ideas, but you never pull through... But I think that could really work. A small shop that you could design, and I could try to help with! I might not be the best, though, but I could try."

"It'll be, like, totally epic!" He grinned, and from that simple expression, it was somewhat clear just why he wasn't take that seriously at work. He was a bundle of energy, and while being 25, turning 26 that year, he was constantly acting like a teenager, with his words and with the amount of 'immaturity' he apparently possessed. He claimed it was just how he was, but his fellow workers begged differently.

"Honestly, we could sell my potions, and our living space above the shop would be neater, so you won't go falling and I won't panic and then we can be a proper couple, and make love and go on cutesy dates without people judging," he gushed, easily getting carried away from that pinpointed idea that was blossoming continuously in his mind due to excitement. "Oh, it'll be lush, you watch."​

"Oi, calm down. Don't give yourself another panic attack like you did the last time you got this excited..." He reminded, rubbing his back soothingly- one reason they matched so well was definitely because of Kaz's usually laid back personality. He was hyper once in awhile, but he often kept calm and cool to counter Xander. "How about we start looking for office space, hm? Take it one step at a time."

"But... huh, fine. Slow, one step at a time... the sensible way," he snorted. If he had it his way, it was probably common knowledge that he'd gather all his savings, splash out on the first space he saw and be stuck if it wasn't perfect, whereas the best approach was to do it sensibly.

Though sensibility and Xander were two totally juxtaposed things.

"Honestly, don't you ever wanna be spontaneous? I left my village, and lived on the street. It wasn't smart - I got beat up a lot and had to fight back, and you know I hate violence, but it was what I wanted so I did it. Not homelessness, but coming to the big city. I want a shop. I say we just go buy one now."​

"But you can't just buy any old shop, Xander. You need to do research, find out somewhere that's affordable with the income we have. I can ask my family for extra money, but I'll only get so much... plus I want money for us to fall back on if it doesn't do well. I want to be spontanious, but I want us to both be able to live comfortably too."

"Bor~ ing~" He cooed in that typically sing-song tone, rolling his eyes as he flopped against his chest, deciding to use flirtation to get his way, even if he was also intelligent enough to know Kaz was right and he would stick to his guns on the decision of doing things the proper, sensible way. "Honestly, fine. We'll do it all your way, but it's on you if we end up in a tinsy little grotto."​

He huffed, "Oi, don't get so bitter. I'm just trying to keep us safe, okay? I don't want to stress you out any more, you've got far too stressed and this might just make it worse. I want you to be a happy cutie, one that doesn't cry. I want to hear you giggling and happy again..."

"Hey, I am happy and giggly and whatever," he sighed, blatantly lying to himself at realising his latest crying fit was only a half hour ago, and wearily buried his head into his neck, only to then wrap his arms around the other dominantly- a perfect example of their shared roles. "Now I'm off the case, I-I'll focus on you-- on us, hm? I... I don't care about finding the murderer, not now."​

"Good..." He whispered, taking the other's cheek in his hand affectionately as his cloudy eyes seemed to lock on to him. "But hey, no matter what you do, I still love you and I'll support you as much as I can! So will Sofia. We both love you... Now hmph, how about we talk about something else, okay? What sorts of potions would you sell?"

Status
Not open for further replies.