A Game of Cat and Mouse (potassiumboron w/ Blooming Bismuth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I get hungry," she muttered, snatching his card off him and forcefully shoved it into his wallet, instead snatching out a few notes from her pocket to pay for everything... and leaving a pretty hefty tip for the man, along with her number, before sharing out the bags and taking her lot to carry out. "Come on, we can walk, if we hurry. You're strong, you can manage the bags~"​

"Do you really think I'm strong?" He snorted. He didn't have a problem with the weight of the bags, no... It was moret he fact that he couldn't hold his hands out to ensure him from hitting anyone. Nope, instead he had some goddamn plastic bags on his hands, holding him down and refusing to let him balance himself. "You're an asshole, you know that?"

"Yup, but you're one too, so meh. Though I really don't care for your opinion, so insult me all you'd like," she cooed, though her actions did somewhat betray her claim that she hated him a lot - she was close to him so he at least knew where to walk and whatnot. "Likewise, when I insult you, I highly doubt you care either."​

"I care," He huffed, "It sucks, especially when I tell Xander. He gets all flustered and mad and stuff, but I tell him it's fine. Seriously, you should be thankful that I'm more laid back. If I wasn't, he'd probably be pissed at you a lot more.."

"Meh, if I have to suffer Xander yelling at me, I will. I'm not being nice to you for anything," she admitted, humming to herself once out in the fresh air... before doing something completely out of character and moved to take the bags out of one of his hands. It meant more pressure on her, but she was a demon and could cope with it. "Look, I don't want Xander yelling at me, but if he does, I can handle it."​

Trudging along the sidewalk, with Sofia's help that is, he awkwardly grew quiet. There was nothing left to say to this woman, and he certianly didn't want to make small talk. Simply trailing along the other's side, wherever she tugged him, he only spoke once appearing back at his boyfriend's home.

"You're really strange, Sofia..." He suddenly murmured, placing the bags down once entering the door. "I don't understand you, nor will I ever. You're weird."

"And likewise, I'm never going to understand someone who takes comfort from murder, so looks like we're both left not understanding one another, hm?" She murmured, moving immediately to place the food in the fridge and freezer to keep cool, humming loudly to herself now she was home - she saw herself having more authority over him given it was her home more than it was his. At least, she believed as such. "Kaz? Babe? Go scuttle into your room for the day~"​

"Don't treat me like some child," He huffed, though did as told nonetheless. He cared and needed for Xander far too much to go against the feline, so simply obeying her was probably in his best interest for now. Slipping into Xander and his shared room, he locked it shut before sitting on their bed. As he did so, he held out his hand where a pair of working eyes formed, taking in the messy room. He tugged out the box of small machines, deciding to at least fill his time with something productive.

"Oi. Oi, asshole, you'd better not be up to anything in there," she hissed through the door, albeit hours later around two in the afternoon, and not having seen him since that point where they'd gone shopping had given her cause for concern... as had the fact she could, with her hearing, hear Xander about a few feet from the door to the apartment, and frankly, just to save him from discovering anything, had opted to warn Kaz. "Xander's home, hm?"​

Easily getting rid of the pair of eyes, that of which had ventured throughout his body to focus on his work. Of course, once hearing the feline, he nudged his gadgets under the bed and hurried out with only his normal, rather useless eyes. "Good! I was getting worried... What time is it? I'm starving... Must mean it's FAR past lunch!"

"I... something bad... ngh..." Xander mumbled, bypassing Sofia understandably, and taking solace in his boyfriend's arms, whimpering as he physically struggled to hold back tears if his shaking was anything to go by. Sniffling uncontrollably until finally seeing to gain himself together from the mini panic-attack, he pulled away in embarrassment, dabbing his eyes with a nervous giggle. "...M... My boss gave the c-case to someone else, Kaz. Said I can only deal with... burglaries a-and menial s-stuff."​

Rubbing the shorter man's back affectionately, he led him carefully to the sofa to flop onto, tugging Xander down with him to practically engulf him in an assortment of hugs, gentle touches, and kisses on the forehead. Anything to cheer the other up, especially from the obvious shaking the other was doing.

"Isn't that good?" He whispered, pouting. "I mean, it means you won't be too stressed. Not to mention you still get to keep your job, just not THIS job. I don't know who your boss is, but I'm glad they placed you on a different mission. It was hurting you."

"But i-if I solved it, people wouldn't bully us anymore, Kaz!" He squeaked quickly - his mind had examined the undoubted positives of being let off the case. He could spend more time with his boyfriend, not worry about the case, relax ad not stress, and most importantly, not starve himself with worry.

But then there was the niggling thought that he could have solved a puzzle and brought justice to so many families. That was most important, and now he did feel crap in irrationally feeling it had just let them all down. "Ugh, I... I'm not up for being talked out of crying about it, y-you know me... I like a good cry, haha..."​

"I'm not going to tell you to stop crying silly." He whispered, rubbing his back. "How about we just do a ton of things you like tomorrow, that'll definitely cheer you up right? Sofia and I bought some of your favorite food, actually! I can't cook, but I know you're excellent... Plus, you can make it the way you like! Just, don't worry okay? I don't want you to be too bummed about it."

He had to force himself to stop crying, despite what the other reassured, and curled up quietly against the only slightly taller man, smiling quietly to himself at the luck he thought himself to have. Who else would have such a nice boyfriend, after all? "...I'll cook us up a meal, alright? And tomorrow, I want to go to a cafe. Just a nice little cafe, have breakfast, and then go hang out in the library. It's my favourite place, you know. It'll be nice to take the day off, I guess. It's not like I have any big cases on the go now, hm?"​

"That sounds perfect! We could head to that cute metaphysical shop you like, too. I love smelling the candles there... And I remember you saying you needed some new herbs for the winter. We can end the day in bed, if you want, just snuggling. Or maybe a nice bath.... Whatever you want."

"...A bath and snuggling would be nice," he admitted, quietly pulling his jacket off and moving in closer, rather happy to just lay beside him and try and rid the stress off his shoulders, even if the paper-covered floor was a constant reminder that all his hard work had been for nothing - he wasn't going to bother helping the person who was given the case.

For one thing, he was forbidden from having any involvement whatsoever; secondly, the man the case was handed to had openly told the warlock not to give any of the notes over, and that he'd make his own, and thirdly... Xander was too bitter to even offer his help to the man who both took the job from him, and took enjoyment in just teasing Xander over his sexuality.

As such, the warlock who was usually the first to offer help in any situation opted to just leave the man get on with it.

"I just want to take the week off, and just laze around, I suppose. I have potions to work on, and my sisters are visiting," he grumbled, his tone less than happy at the moment. "So it'll be hectic anyway."​

"I'd love to help you," He insisted, "I love collecting stuff for your potions, it's fun! I mean, touching those thistles wasn't... But hey, it wasn't the worst feeling I've ever had. Plus you needed them! We can stop by the beach if you wanted to, I was serious about that... We could go now! Now, please... How about we do something right now, okay? Do you want a bath? Or...?" He babbled, evident panic in his voice to make his boyfriend at least a bit happier.

"I'm happy to just relax, honestly. You don't need to panic, I'm okay," he murmured, taking his hand tightly to get that across to him given smiles couldn't translate brilliantly. Moving to take his cheeks an give him a quick peck on the lips, he simply chose to rest back again with a heavy sigh. "We'll go to the beach after lunch, alright? We'll grab a sandwich and go collect some shells, it'd be nice to get away from town for a bit, I suppose."​

"Sounds perfect!" He whispered, easily pressing his chin into the other's neck to simply cradle him close. "I love you, you know, and I'm not letting any silly jerk at your job bum you out. I'll do anything to cheer you up about this, okay? I'll even try to cook, but I might set the apartment on fire... It's okay, though."

Status
Not open for further replies.