A Game of Cat and Mouse (potassiumboron w/ Blooming Bismuth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You should hear what he says though, Kaz! H-He... he's such a homophobe, gosh," he muttered, though the fact his tone began to babble and become rushed like the other's was thankfully indicative that he was at least getting over what had happened. Slowly, but attempting to, anyway. "Like I'm letting you cook, silly. You'll burn stuff, and if there's a fire, I'll have to use magic to sort it, and honestly, it's a total pain sometimes. You just lay here, look all cute and I'll cook us something later, alright~?"​

"Should I pose for a sensual painting?" He teased, dramatically laying back on the bed. "I bet I would look awful as an art model... Hey, maybe I should do that to get some extra money. I mean, I'm not shy about my body, and it's apparently great money so..."

"I... don't think I' really like you being naked in font of other people," he admitted openly, frowning to himself deeply at the thought as he moved to absently run his hands through his hair. "I mean, I know you'd never cheat on me, and I know it's all innocent, that people just draw for their passion, but... you're my boyfriend... meh... if you wanted to, you totally could. I'd just feel awkward."​

"Okay, art modeling is a no then." He replied, his fingers shaking absently. "I just wanna help out around here, and I need to do things. I'm not good at just laying around doing nothing all day, you know? Absolutely horrid. I need to entertain myself with stuff and I just thought it would be something interesting."

"...I... If you want to do it, go do it. I'm secure enough to know it's totally innocent, and as long as you get someone to draw me a few pictures, I'll be fine~" He grinned, deciding it was somewhat selfish to refuse it if the other wanted to get out, earn some money and feel he had a use, which he definitely did for Xander, but he could see how... boring staying in all day was. Sure, Sofia did it, but she was normally in cat form and so was able to just wander about and sleep most the day.​

"Are you sure?" He frowned, "I don't want to like, make you any more stressed than you already are. Sofia told me about how you've been neglecting yourself, and I couldn't bear to make that any worse than it already is. So... If you have ANY reservations, tell me now okay?"

"Sofia told you that?" He squeaked in clear disarray, shooting an accusing glare to the cat once she wandered in both out of curiousness, and to check up on her best friend, but Xander eventually chose not to mention her appearance in fear that it'd cause his boyfriend to become uncomfortable, so shushed her purring by leaning to stroke her quietly. "Oh well, I'll be fine. You go do what you want, hm? I haven't intentionally neglected myself, aha..."​

"But you still have, and you can't deny it. N-Now please, let's lay down properly? In bed? I want you to tell me about the jerk who kicked you out. Does he look like a jerk?"

"...He's such a jerk, honestly," he grimaced, leaning back into his arms again, even if he also hoisted up Sofia to allow her to rest by his side. "Like, he's this guy who paid his way up the ladder with his dad's money, and he's all tanned from going to these vacations he doesn't shut up about. I wouldn't care usually, I'd be amazed b-because I wanna travel, but he rubs it in my face, like, 'you'd just get teased if you go here because you're gay', blah blah," he huffed, having always complained about how much of a homophobe he had been, so it wasn't necessarily a surprise.​

"I bet he'll get skin cancer." He commented, having a habit of helping Xander when he became bitter like this by fueling his opinions. "I bet he looks gross, too. I hate people who simply use money to get to where they want, it's obnoxious and put people below just because they didn't have an easy upbringing.''

"Mm, me too. I worked my way up the ranks, and... and I was homeless for a year! I had nothing, seriously. Only Sofia and... and I worked so hard, yet guys like that can j-just buy themselves their status, and... ugh, it annoys me. I'm the winner, anyway. He's a bachelor who can't find a girlfriend, and I have a best friend and a boyfriend rolled into one, so," he grinned to himself as he nuzzled in affectionately towards him, leaning in to peck his cheek quickly.​

He gave a rather goofy grin, his arms wrapping around the other before picking the other up and getting to his feet. "Hmph! See, you've gotten so thin. I can pick you up, and I can't carry much stuff."

"H-Hey," he squeaked immediately, paling at the sudden lift, not really used to it in total honesty... though did give a typically characteristic giggle to himself. "Oh, put me down, I'm not that thin. You're just surprisingly... strong."​

Setting him down onto his feet carefully, he offered to flex his muscles jokingly. "I've been working out, using grocery bags as my Wright's." He explained with a gruff, accent heavy voice.

"You're such a dork," he grinned quietly, wrapping his arms around his neck automatically, just to be closer to him which he usually did prefer. "You did go shopping then? Ooh, did you get steak~?"​

"I did~! Sofia helped me out with a lot of the stuff, though. I'm not the main mastermind~!" He cooed into his boyfriend's ear, burying his head in the other's hair

"Ah, she knows me well," he grinned, eyeing the cat lazing nearby gratefully, and moved to simply revel in the affection - something he hadn't been able to do efficiently with the stress of the job, and while it was a relief to be able to do so... he would do anything to get back onto the case. He had worked his backside off for it, and to have gotten so close (he thought so, at least) without success was horrible... not that he'd admit to that, though.​

"Let's take a shower, okay?" He whispered to the other, offering a smile. "And we can eat that big meal after, how does that sound? I could even give you a world famous massage."

"...You're the best thing to happen to me since leaving my village, you know," he murmured. It may have only been two months, but it was two months of what he saw to be sheer bliss. "Mm, a massage sounds lovely, honestly. A proper one? With candles? Scented ones, so you can get involved too."​

"Oi, I don't need them to be scented. This is about you, remember?" He reminded, "I'm not the one who's bumming. If Sofia didn't take all of the extra cash I had in my wallet, I can either pay for one, or I could give you one myself."

Status
Not open for further replies.