A Game of Cat and Mouse (potassiumboron w/ Blooming Bismuth)

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xander's breath hitched at hearing his boyfriend speak like that, not having ever witnessed him being anything but his likeable, cheerful self, so seeing his face void of happiness and stance tense was a new thing to witness. Though he didn't really find it confusing. He was defending them both, and given Xander struggled with it, he pressed in to kiss his cheek gratefully... even if Bryan didn't appreciate that either.

"Show some respect to the guy who keeps your damn city under control," he muttered pretentiously, rolling his eyes as he collected the files. "You're just some little weed, and I'm a real man. i could stamp you out if I wanted."​

"Oh, really then?" He laughed, though it was cold. "I'd like to see you try. I'm German, we're not known as a War language for nothing. How would it feel to know that you were taken down by a blind man, hm? Pathetic, right? Maybe you'd start treating my boyfriend with the respect he deserves, at least he cares about his job. And besides, you say you're keeping this city under control? Then why is there such a high crime rate?"

"Because you're loser of a boyfriend has failed to catch the biggest serial killer in our city's history," he reminded, that instantly bringing down Xander's mood -which had risen at seeing Kaz in his element- and causing the warlock to carefully help him retrieve the files.

"I... just... I was almost there. I suspect Matthew--"

"Matt? Matt the hairdresser's son? Don't be an idiot, Xander. He's got as much to do with the murders as you have. Nothing. Now let me handle it, and solve it, and you both owe me a huge apology afterwards~"​

"And if you don't find out? How about this, if you don't find the killer within a month, you owe both of us. And by owe us, I mean actually owe us money. Because you claim to be the best detective in your group, but if you fail..." He scoffed, taking Xander's hand to help him to his feet. "He can pick it up himself, Xander."

"He doesn't have to give us money," he sighed as he obediently stood, gripping onto his arm being the only evidence of how nervous this Bryan man made him. "...That's not fair. If he fails, then all I want is... to be reinstated on the case again. I want back in on it."​

"No, it's hurting you..." He whispered, easing up once hearing his boyfriend to hold close. "I don't want your health to fail because of some person out there, you deserve to be happy and healthy."

"You... don't understand it means a lot to me," he whispered back, fiddling with his boyfriend's hair in little care for the soft snort Bryan gave in response. Well, maybe he did care, but having seen how tough Kaz could sound, he was pretty confident having him at his side. "I need to be back on it, Kaz."​

"But why? Can't you just be put on literally any other case?" He whispered, holding his cheeks gently in his hands. "I told you, I want you to be happy and healthy. You clearly aren't that when on this case... So I say no. Even if I can't actually control what you do."

"Because... I've spent ages on this one..." He whined, only really showing tears the moment Bryan left, though not before another teasing remark aimed towards the both. "Isn't he an a-asshole? He... belittles me so much, Kaz. At work, in front of the chief... ugh..."​

"I was serious, I'll kick his ass. Just because I can't see doesn't mean I can't fight for the people I care about and love. Seriously, if it weren't for the fact that you love this job so much, I'd punch him straight in the fucking face." He growled,

"...What's wrong with you today? You're very violent in tone.It's sorta hot-- scrap that, it's bloody attractive~" He beamed shyly, his arms slipping around him in both an effort to calm him, and to indicate just how cute he found it all. Normally, his 'type' was Kaz normally - kin, adorably sweet and somewhat energetic and dorky.

So to be attracted suddenly to the cussing and the threats was new to him, but mostly he enjoyed it because it was a new side to Kaz, and something he had hardly expected. Why would he?

"Aha, look, Bry can be a nice guy, sometimes. Like, when I got punched in the face by this robber, he got me ice packs and was kind to me. He's... well, he just plays up this pretentious, 'I'm-better-than-you' act, but... he can be alright. Everybody has good and bad in them, right? Yin and yang and all that. A balance. I... I can handle him if I understand that."​

Offering the other a quick peck, he pressed his forehead against his lovers. "S... Sorry. I don't like to get mad, you know? But... he was a jerk! And I'm completely and 110 percent serious. I WILL fight that guy if he steps in this apartment again. I love you, so much, and I refuse to let some fuckwad bother you."

"What are the chances you actually... beat him though? You can't see him, he's a big guy," he sighed heavily, not entirely holding that much confidence in the other, but at Bryan's size and intimidation, he did tend to have more belief in his abilities than anything.​

"You just need to trust me," He replied, offering a wicked grin as he snaked his arms around the other's shoulders. "I'm big and tough, even if I don't seem like it. And when it comes to seeing him? I've got really good senses. "

"Yet you trip over constantly and have me worrying like a fool," he huffed, albeit playfully as he, completely uncharacteristically, thrust his hips and chest close, lips now placed inches from the other's now - if Kaz had a threatening side to him that had been noticed that day, then Xander seemingly had a rather flirty, confident side he hadn't revealed, much unlike his usually clumsy and energetic self.​

Feeling the sudden closeness of their bodies, Kaz almost instantly grew a blush. He shyly turned away, a nervous laugh passing his lips as his fingers manuevered their way to curl in the warlock's hair. "You're acting surprisingly flirty all of a sudden..."

"Yes, well, you surprised me, I'm entitled to surprise my brave boyfriend, aren't I~?" He cooed playfully, ignoring the presence of Sofia who, with the twirling of her tail, was probably watching and ready to tease him about it when in human form at some point tomorrow or later. "...Can we go back to the bedroom?"​

"I-I mean, sure! Aha..." He whispered, offering a bashful smile to the other as he clung to him to lead them back. "I didn't think you were this FRISKY, Xander... I-I would have never guessed, I suppose.." He babbled on quietly, his flustered state causing him to stutter and occasionally slip to his native tongue

"I'm not frisky, I mean... I just... don't show you I love you a lot, especially in recent days," he murmured in clear guilt for that, easily collapsing onto the bed and kicked off a few several display cushions with a sigh. "I'm an awful boyfriend sometimes, so this is sorta an apology? We're just kissing though! Aha..."​

Flopping on top of the other, he immediately held him. "If that's okay with you, then it's okay with me... Though I WOULD like to spend time doing other things, you know? We should take a shower together, honestly. It's hard to bathe in your shower, to be honest."

Status
Not open for further replies.