A Doll's Destiny

Clara was busy making herself some breakfast, scrambling some eggs and toasting some bread, when Aiden arrived into the living fully dressed up to go outside. "You're going to get hot if you sit in here wearing all of that, well, if you can get hot I suppose," she commented with a smile. Technically speaking, he probably wouldn't, but it definitely looked hot to her. She wouldn't be able to sit in all of those for a while. She was glad to see his enthusiasm though. She figured judging by his outfit he planned to try out the snow. "You're free to go out if you'd like unless you are waiting for me."

"I can get hot, I just can't sweat. I just figured I'd already be ready. It's lovely out there. I'm assuming the store's closed?" Aiden said, climbing into a chair.

"Well, if you can get hot then I suggest to be careful how long you are sitting inside with all those clothes on because you could make yourself too hot," she commented. Then she nodded. "Yeah. With the snow on the ground and roads, most people aren't going to go out in it anyway. It's safer to keep it closed." She finished making her breakfast and sat down to start eating it.

"Not too sure about my job, though, since it's work from home," Aiden appeared slightly worried. "Ooh boy...hope I'm not doing anything wrong."

"I would take a look at your emails and see if you got anything about it," Clara replied. "Though, I'm sure you're fine. Even if you do have to work, you can always go out into the snow later. It's not going to melt away instantly. You can always get your work done and then go out. But it's best to find out."

Nodding, Aiden moved to Clara's laptop, logged in, and opened his email. The company left a message, containing more data. He laughed lightly. "Well, guess things are up and running. Come to think of it...I doubt work from home jobs have off days, considering everything's, well, at home."

"Well, not necessarily," Clara replied. "Maybe not for weather all the time, unless it's something that they know people couldn't work in such as a hurricane or something else that could cause major damage or power outages. And I'm sure not all at the company work from home so if they had to close the main offices, I'm sure they wouldn't need people from home working either. But since this wasn't a whole bunch of snow, they probably figured things were fine. Though, you would have normal off days. No where is going to expect you to work every single day for the rest of your life."

"Oh, good to know. Anyhow, let me enter this stuff and send the spreadsheet over. This isn't much, so I don't think it'll take long," selecting a section of data, Aiden reopened his excel spreadsheet and pastedit into the correct sells. He repeated his actions with the rest of the data.

While he was working, she ate her breakfast so she could join him outside in the snow. She didn't want him to try it out by himself. She wanted to know what he thought of it as he was experiencing it for the first time. "It's always important to check your emails or whatever way they plan to communicate with you everyday to make sure," she commented.

"Diddo," Aiden agreed. After pasting the last of the data in the spreadsheet and sending it to his boss, he closed the laptop and faced Clara with a smile. "Well, my lovely, I'm ready when you are."

While he finished up his work, she finished her meal. Then she got everything cleaned up afterwards. "Alright, let me just get some warmer clothes on," she commented with a smile in response to him. She went off to her room and layered up, then got her heavy coat and everything else she needed to go out in the snow. She returned to him. "I'm ready."

"Awesome!" sliding off the chair, Aiden scampered towards and opened the door. Carefully, he descended the porch steps, booted feet making soft thuds in the snow. "It's gorgeous out here!"

She was glad to see him excited. She followed him out in the snow. "To be honest, I haven't really gone out to really just enjoy snow like this is a while. You do when you are a kid, or when you have kids, but when you get older, the idea sounds odd. But it's nice to be able to just enjoy it again," she responded. "And yes, it is very beautiful." Cold was worth it when snow was involved.

"Guess that makes sense," Aiden started forward, albeit slowly so as not to fall. "When you're a kid, you don't realize how hard snow is to shovel or how dangerous it can be. Then again, I'm a child at heart, so there's that."

"Well, it's just also that most people don't really play in snow once you are an adult unless you have a kid to play with or an animal like a dog that enjoys it. Usually, an adult just finds it tedious because you have to clean it off of things and shovel it," she commented. "But yeah, it's also true that a kid doesn't really have to deal with any of that. They can just enjoy it. But I don't see anything wrong with trying to enjoy it right now either, especially when it's your first time."

"True," grinning mischievously, Aiden gathered some snow in his hands, balled it up, and tossed it into a nearby tree, laughing when it splatted against the trunk. "Yes! Bullseye!"

Clara smiled, glad to see him enjoy it. "You can also make a snowman too. Have you heard of them?" she asked him. "Basically you make three balls of snow of different sizes. The biggest one is the bottom, then a medium for his middle, and a smaller one for his head. And then you add in stuff to make his face and sticks for arms."

"Yeah,I've watched people build them on kids shows, but I'm not in the mood for making one right now. Thanks, though," Aiden said, tossing another snowball at the tree.

"Alright, I was just mentioning it," Clara commented. He was free to do whatever he wanted to do in the snow. If he was enjoying throwing snowballs at the tree, then that was all that mattered. But if he wanted to do something else, she also wouldn't mind helping him out with it, as she hadn't done any of this in the long time. While he was busy enjoying the snow, she did start cleaning the walkway off so that way she could get from the door to the sidewalk more easily.

After one more toss, Aiden lay on his back and did a snow angel.