A Doll's Destiny

Clara nodded. "I agree," she commented. Whatever he chose to do would be his choice in the end. She would suggest and recommend, but he needed to make the decisions in his life. Though, she was very glad he was being smart about it right now. Besides, he just got the job so why should he bother trying to find a different one. And he was happy to get some money. But it definitely was going to take a while to save up for a place of his own. "Well, in the end, just know that you are free to stay here, so don't get too worked up about trying to find an apartment right away."

Aiden smiled sincerely. "I know I sound like a broken record when I say this, dear, but I really do appreciate all your hospitality. I'll have to think of how to repay you."

"There's no need to repay me," Clara replied. "Remember what I said before, it's just what friends do. It's not like I'm going to kick you out or leave you to fend for yourself, especially as I'm the one who got you from that store in the first place. That just wouldn't be right." She returned a smile then headed into the kitchen to get something to snack on.

Aiden grinned. "Oh, that's right, you did buy me, so technically...I'm all yours!"

Clara let out a little laugh at his commented. "Well, you are your own person now, so that doesn't really matter," she replied. "But anyway, I wouldn't leave you out on your own. I don't think I would even if I wasn't the one who bought you. If I met you in another circumstance I would be treating you the same way."

"I know, I just thought I should add a bit of comity there," he grinned back.

"I know, but I also wanted to let you know that I would still be here for you either way," Clara replied. She gave him a smile. She went into the refrigerator and grabbed her snack and then went to sit down on the couch to relax. Since it was Friday and that meant she was starting her weekend, she wanted to relax and not do much. "So, it's your first weekend while you have a job now. What do you plan to do with it because you'll be back to work on Monday?"

"Thanks, hon," Aiden returned the smile. "I think it's supposed to snow tomorrow, I think they'll just be house days."

Clara nodded as she ate her snack. "Ah, I understand that. Though, if there's any time you want to try going out in the snow, just let me know. I'm sure we can figure something out," she replied. Sure, snow was wet and she understood that he probably didn't want to get wet, but she was sure they could figure out a way to keep him dry or as dry as possible if he wanted to see what snow was really like.

"I'll definitely consider it. Although, I doubt they sell snow pants in my size," Aiden replied.

"You don't really need specific snow pants to stay dry," Clara replied. "I don't have any snow pants. You just simply have to layer and where some boots. Only some of your outside clothing get wet at that point, and the clothes you have on underneath those are still completely dry. Then you just take off the outside clothes and dry them off in the dryer."

"True. Well, I do have some extra clothes, so depending on how much we get, I could go out and give it a go. I think I even might have a hat and gloves," Aiden said.

Clara nodded. "Yeah, you can always try the snow when there isn't too much of them ground. A larger amount would definitely make it harder for you since you are shorter to begin with, but if it's a smaller amount I don't see us really having a problem with just layering you up to keep you dry," she responded. A couple inches would probably be find for him. They would just have to see how much snow they actually end up getting and if he was interested in experiencing it.

"Well, we'll just have to wait and see how much we get, but yeah, I'll give it a shot," Aiden said.

Clara smiled and nodded in agreement. "Well, either way, I will say snow is very pretty to watch come down so you should at least enjoy that part," she commented. "And that can be done just by looking out the window so you don't have to worry about being outside or feeling cold at all. Though, seeing it at night is a bit harder than if it's snowing in the day, so hopefully we'll get some that we can see during the day."

"Well, I'll take a look at what I could wear before I go to bed. I think I have some mini boots and gloves," the doll said.

Clara nodded again. She finished off her snack and then got a glass of water, then returned to her seat. "So, it's your first Friday where you are starting your first off weekend," she commented. "What do you plan to do with it?" She wondered if he had thought of anything that he wanted to do on his Friday night. Some people did while others liked to just use the night to relax.

"I think I'll just relax. Work can get hectic even from home," the toy laughed lightly.

"I can understand, and of course it can, it's still work," Clara replied. "Even if you are working from home, that doesn't make it any less of a job. You still had to spend that time focusing on it and putting in the effort, so I completely understand." She gave him a smile. She would want to as well, even if she worked from home. And he probably worked hard. After all, he seemed like the type to give it his all, especially since he was excited about finally getting a job.

"Thanks for understanding, darling," Aiden said, returning the smile.
The rest of the day went smoothly, Aiden seated on the sofa, watching a show on Animal Planet. He turned at around nidnight, snug in his little doll bed.
Morning came. Aiden gently pulled up the shade and peered outside...and grinned. A blanket of snow covered the ground. Moving to his wardrobe, he briefly browsed through it, then stripped himself of his PJs and deposited them in the small hamper. He dressed in two shirts, pants, pants, pairs of socks, cks, the Santa hat, red gloves, green heavy coat, and black snow boots. Satisfied, he headed into the living room and climbed onto the sofa, boots clicking against the wood floor.