A Doll's Destiny

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Clara was going through another box when he brought up some of the items he was picking out. "A what? I don't have one of those," she commented. She glanced over at it. She had no idea why that was even there. She never even used one before in her life. Perhaps someone had given it to her for some stupid reason and it ended up in the pile of junk. It could have been a prank from someone as well. "I've never once used that by the way. I don't even know how it's even here in the first place."

"Oh, well," he tossed it in the junk pile. "Down the trash chute it goes."
Aiden retrieved a makeup and held it up. "You still want to use this?"

Clara continued to go through the boxes near her, placing items into the pile she wanted to place them in. When Aiden asked her a question, she stopped and looked at the makeup in question. "No, that can be gotten rid of," she told him. "I have other stuff and I think that's gotten too old anyway. It's probably dried out. It's been sitting in here so I haven't needed it anyway." Since it was all sitting in boxes in the room not really used, changes were that most of it was going to end up not being needed.

"Okay," Aiden added the kit to the junk pile, in addition to some clothing. "I think it's safe to say I won't be in need of most of this stuff."

Clara nodded in agreement as she saw him adding some other items to the junk pile. This continued on for a while, picking something from the boxes and placing them into piles. As the piles started to get bigger, Clara left to get a trash bag for the pile of junk. She started to throw those items into it so she could get rid of them. As for the other stuff, she would have to find a different place to store them. "What other types of stuff are you going to want it your room?" she asked him.

"Um...mybe my own computer once I start earning cash," Aiden said, dropping an empty printer cartridge into the trash bag.

Clara nodded. "Makes sense, but do you want a laptop or a computer?" Depending which one he wanted would mean they needed different types of furniture. If he wanted one that needed a desk to permanently sit on then they were going to have to find a desk that worked for him as well as a chair. A laptop could be used anywhere, and really didn't need to stay specifically in his room, but could if he really wanted.

"Um...I think a laptop would do best," Aiden said after some thought. "They're compact, and everything's there."

"Yeah, that's what I like about them," Clara replied. She liked that she could move them around and have them wherever she wanted, like when she took it to the bookstore. "Do you want anything else that's more specific for your bedroom?" Considering a laptop wasn't really something that needed a specific place in his room.

"Hmmmm, perhaps we could go out and get me my own fake tree?" Aiden asked. The holidays were just around the bend, so he figured it'd be b==best to purchase one before they were out of stock.

"Well, I thought we already planned to do one for the living room, unless you want your own specific one," Clara replied. "But if that was the case, then I'm not getting two of them. If we were to get two of them, you'd have to pay for your own, but you're not there yet." She couldn't go buying to fake trees, especially depending on their sizes.

"Right. Okay, never mind that for now. When I get enough money, I'll buy my own tree and decorations," Aiden said.

"Alright, very well," Clara replied. She hoped he would be able to get a job soon so he could get his own money and get the items he wanted. She went back to finishing their clean-up and eventually they were finished. She stood up and stretched. "Alright, I think that about does it for today. I think we've done enough work." She didn't want to spend the whole day cleaning, that wasn't very fun.

Aiden nodded, tossing an old, worn out pair of pants into the junk pile and letting out a short sigh. "So, what next?"

"Whatever you want. I think we've done enough cleaning, so you are free to spend the rest of the day how you want," Clara replied. She didn't still have to keep an eye on the laundry, but that wasn't hard to do and could be done between other things. But for him, he was free to go about his day, doing whatever he really wanted to do. "I might get a snack after all this cleaning."

"Hmmmm," Aiden thought for a moment. "Maybe I'll go back to my online chatting."

"Online chatting? Who have you been chatting with and what are you using to do that?" Clara replied. She was just curious, not necessarily trying to pry into his personal life. But it was always good to be careful when on the internet as well. You never know who you might run into and since he was a living doll, she didn't want him to accidentally end up getting the attention of unwanted people.

"I'm on Reddit. Don't worry, it's good stuff. No one knows what I am, and I'm learning quite a lot," the doll replied.

"Alright then, just continue to make sure you are careful. And don't get too sucked into that. I've heard some things sometimes. Anyone who gets sucked into the internet can run into problems," Clara replied. She just wanted to make sure he would be fine. Sometimes the internet could be harsh on people's mental state.

"Will do," Aiden replied. Heading back into the den, the toy sat before the coffee table, logged back into Clara's laptop, and commented on a Reddit post someone made on their favorite plush dog.