A Doll's Destiny

"Well, it is Sunday so it's a good day to just relax and not do much," Clara replied. "I mean, I have work tomorrow so it's nice to just have a break and do whatever. Though that's not really the same for you right now." He was free, for the most part, to do whatever he wanted everyday right now while he didn't have a job. She went on to eat her breakfast and when she finished, she started to clean up and wash the dishes she used.

"I have to admit, it feels a little weird having all this free time," Aiden remarked. "Gonna be even weirder if I actually get a job."

"Yeah, it can definitely feel that way and when you get a job, it's most definitely going to be a big change," Clara replied. "Your best bet would be to give yourself a schedule instead of just doing nothing at all every day. You can set specific hours for job searching, then add in some other stuff, like those hobbies you wanted to try out. Other people will add in exercise and the like but I don't think that's something you have to worry about."

"Yeah, I could try that. Refresh my memory...what other hobbies did I say I wanted to try?" Aiden said.

"I don't know. I just listed off a few and you said you wanted to try some of them. I remember you doing some drawing, but I don't remember the other hobbies that seemed to get your attention," Clara replied. She wasn't really sure how she was supposed to remember what someone else wanted to do. "I did mention photography I think, that could be one. I said something about music too. There's a lot you could do about that."

"Oh yes, I defintely enjoy drawing, very relaxing," Aiden said.

Clara nodded. "You'll just have to do some of your own research and find hobbies that you are interested in. i mean, I guess I can think of a few others like gardening, painting, woodworking, golfing, writing. But you can always look it up on the internet. You are bound to find a list if you google it," she said. They would probably be a lot more suggestions on there than what she could make and he would be able to find something that fit him.

"I think I'll stick to drawing and gaming for now. There are plenty of things within those two that can keep me occupied," Aiden said.

"That's true," Clara replied. "There is a lot more to play in the games you got and of course there are many more you could buy at some point too. I'm not really a gamer myself, but I at least know that there are a ton of different ones to play." She at least knew about them since they were so popular. There were even advertisements on TV for them.

"Yeah, I think I'll stay in the E-rated territory. So far, not much into the blood and gore," Aiden said with a light laugh.

"That's fine. There's plenty of those to keep you busy for a long time," Clara replied. If he wasn't into something, then he wasn't into it. He didn't have to get a game he didn't like. That was the beauty of having all those choices. He could find something else he enjoyed while someone else could play those ones. She finished cleaning up after her breakfast and she went to sit down on the couch.

"Oh, believe me, I most certainly will," Aiden laughed.

Clara nodded with a smile. She picked up another book because she wanted to do more reading. "Well, feel free to do whatever you want now. I'm just going to do some reading for a while," she commented. With all the chores done yesterday, they didn't need to worry about anything. So, they were both free to do whatever they wanted with their time. For Clara, that was doing some reading because that was one of her most favorite things to do.

Aiden returned his attention to the documentary, which was now explaining the various kangaroo species, from red kangaroos to tree kangaroos.

Clara was pretty good at drowning things out so she could focus on her book, which was something she was doing since he had the TV on. She didn't mind. It was easy for her. And she wanted him to enjoy his Sunday as well. If that meant having the TV on and watching something, then he was allowed to do that. It was an interesting change though, since before he was apart of her home, she was always by herself.

The documentary concluded, and Aiden switched to playing more of CTR: Nitro Fueled, using the same character he used previously.
After finished his tenth race in second place, afternoon rolled around.

Clara continued to read until it was time for her to eat lunch. She put her bookmark in and sat the book down and then headed for the kitchen. She decided to make herself a sandwich because she didn't want to spend a lot of time and effort into making something. Once it was made, she grabbed something to drink and then sat down to eat. She watched Aiden. "It seems like you are getting better at that game," she commented.

"Yeah. Apparently, this is a remake of the original," Aiden said. "I never played that one, but the folks who made this knocked it out of the park."

"Well, as long as you are enjoying it, I think that's the only thing that really matters," Clara replied. He really couldn't compare if he had never played the original one, but the most important thing was that he was having fun and he liked playing it. That was all that mattered. She continued to eat her lunch and once she was finished, she cleaned up afterwards. She then came to sit back on the couch, debating if she wanted to continue to read again.

"Definitely," Aiden said.
Evening rolled around, and the toy was now watched Full House.