A Doll's Destiny

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Clara let out a little giggle at his comment. "Only if you want to be. But seriously, it's nice to be able to change it up. I'm surprised you aren't already tired of wearing the same thing," she responded. "Not that your outfit doesn't work perfectly for you, but I could still see you getting tired of wearing it or seeing yourself in it every day especially when everyone else around you is always changing into something different."

"I've always been fine like this, but I definitely wouldn't mind switching things up," Aiden said.

Clara nodded. She could understand. "It doesn't hurt to have a few different options, right?" she replied to him. "So that way when you want to you could wear something different. Obviously, you could always come back to the one you have on. That's how outfits work after all. You are allowed to wear them again especially if they are your favorite."

"Touche, my dear, touche," Aiden grinned. "Oh, also, Santa hats. They should have their stuff up soon, I assume."

"Ah, yes, there is a lot of Christmas stuff coming out now, isn't there?" Clara replied. "I suppose it's time for us to start thinking about it as well. What would you like to do for the holiday? What types of things do you want to do around this time. People all have different ways of celebrating, so what kind of interests do you have?"

"Well, what happens around here during the holidays?" Aiden asked, eyes round with curiosity.

"Traditional stuff really. People decorate for Christmas. There's a tree that's put up in the town square and there's a lighting ceremony for it. Sometimes there's other events. Then there's whatever you want to do really," Clara responded. "I like to decorate the store and my home. Plus, I also enjoy watching a lot of the Christmas movies and listen to the music. Is there anything you've heard of that you've always wanted to try?"

"I'm all in for seeing the tree and doing some home decorating," Aiden saie.

"Sounds good to me," Clara replied. She wasn't sure if he had ever gotten to celebrate the holidays before in the past, so she wanted to make sure he could get the chance to enjoy the things he wanted to. She also had no idea what types of celebrations he's seen or heard though. "If you ever get any ideas, don't be afraid to bring them up. We can always try to do them."

"Oh, don't worry, I will," Aiden laughed. "Could we go all out with decorating this year: lights, inflatables, music, everything?"

Clara heard his comment and thought about it for a moment. "Well, I don't have any inflatable so we would have to buy some first, but I do have everything else so sure," she commented. If that was what he wanted, then she would give it to him. She wanted him to be able to celebrate the holiday how he really wanted to considering he probably couldn't when he was stuck just pretending to be a doll that wasn't alive. He was most likely stuck doing nothing or only what was around him.

"Awesome!" Aiden bounced in his seat. "Though, please feel free to let me know if I go overboard."

"I will because it also has to do with my pocketbook too. I mean, sometimes the inflatables can get expensive but we can probably buy one or two if we're careful about it," Clara replied. She wasn't rich after all. But sometimes there were sales and they might be able to get a good deal on a few of them, so she was willing to try it out and see what they could get. She already knew she would be able to handle the rest though because she already had some at home.

"If we can't, that's fine. Oh, I'd also love the house to smell like cinnamon," Aiden said. "It's one of my all time favorite scents."

"Cinnamon is easy. We can do that," Clara replied. There were plenty of easy ways for a house to smell like cinnamon. She could just buy a plug-in air freshener or get a few sticks of cinnamon. They were pretty strong and would most likely be able to cover most of the house for him. There were some other ideas that were cheap and could be easily done. "Anything else?"

"Well, a tree, and a tall, full one with plenty of lights," Aiden added.

"We can get a tree but it's size is going to have to be able to fit in the house and depends on the price as well," Clara replied. "But yeah, we can make it work and add a lot of lights and other decorations to it. Just mention anything and we can see what we can do." She already had some lights and ornaments from the past that were boxed away in the attic, so she would just have to pull them out and let him go through them to pick ones he liked.

"True, but I do wonder how people can afford those gigantic trees and not blow fuses," Aiden said. "I mean, five to eight feet is plenty, but over ten feet..."

(OOC: On a side note, I grew up with 12ft trees so that's kind of funny.)

Clara let out a little laugh and smiled. "I don't think I could afford one that size either to be honest. They can get pricey when you go up in size and I don't think it would fit in the house. But we'll find a good one that we both like the look and size up and then decorate as we want." Although she had to admit that the nice, big trees were very pretty to look at. She enjoyed being able to see them on the tv and at other places.

(OOC: That's impressive. The one we have now is 7.5 feet, but the tree topper makes it either almost or over eight feet.)
"That's fine, just as long as it fits and is well-made. I think I heard of people who ordered trees online that ended up getting horrible ones, instead of what was in the picture," Aiden replied.