A Doll's Destiny

Clara continued to do her job after Aiden left. She would help out any customer that needed her, but for the most part she would just check them out so they could pay for their books and leave. When there was no customer to help out, she spent the time watching videos or looking up other things on her laptop.

Three hours and seven establishments later, Aiden returned to the book store, waving at Clara as he entered. "Hey, thought I'll stay here until you shift is up. How have things been?"

"Things have been going fine here, nothing of note to mention. How about you?" Clara replied when she saw that Aiden had returned. She stopped looking at her laptop and put her full attention onto Aiden. She was almost finished with her day, but she couldn't leave yet. She was curious to know if everything went well for Aiden. It seemed like he wasn't in a bad mood, which to her sounded like a good sign.

"Good. I went into a few more places. Some were fine with me, some weren't, which I've come to slowly accept," Aiden said.

She was a little worried when he said that some people weren't okay with him, but it seemed like it didn't get to him too much. "Just know that even other people can't be liked by everyone. That's just the way it is," she replied. Chances were that someone just wasn't going to accept him and that was just the way it was. People were like that. She was sure there was someone in the past she had met that probably didn't really like her for whatever reason as well.

"I know," he simply replied, returning to the chair he was in earlier.

"Well, did you visit any places that you really liked?" she asked him. Clara wasn't sure what places he actually went to so she didn't know anything about his journey. She wasn't sure if they were all shops or if he looked at places that were attractions or just nice viewing stops. There were a few local landmarks too, but she wasn't sure if he checked any of those out either.

"Well, despite me being unable to eat, I really enjoyed visiting the bakery," Aiden said. "Seriously...the smell of those cinnamon buns..."

"Ah, yeah. They do have a really great smell. And I know you can't eat, but I will say they are also very delicious too," Clara replied. She did like to stop there every now and then to get a baked good. It was one of the best places in town to get cakes and other baked good from. Everyone liked to go there. "Anywhere else that caught your fancy?"

"Um...oh, a small bike shop," Aiden replied. He gasped, a thought occurring to him. "We gotta check and see if my bike has come."

Clara smiled at him when she heard his comment. "Don't worry, I'll get an email when your bike comes in," she commented. "I haven't gotten one yet so it'll probably take a few more days. But you'll be getting it and your other stuff soon so you'll have a lot of new stuff to try out soon. I hope you are ready."

"Most definitely," Aiden nodded. "I'll finally have a good moad of transportation and a place to sleep in. Not that I don't mind the couch, though."

Clara nodded with a smile. "Yeah, an actual bed would be much better. Oh, but you know, we're going to have to figure out where to put it," she commented. She wasn't sure where in the house might be the best place for him, though they might be able to make a whole room for him if he wanted, where he could put all of his stuff in.

"You don't suppose you have any spare rooms?" Aiden inquired with a tilt of his furry head.

"Well, not necessarily just spare, but we can rearrange some things to make you a room if you want one of your own," Clara replied. There were some items that could be moved to other areas of the house. And she figured he probably didn't need a really large one, so a smaller room could work. Her house did have a smaller room that most would call an office though she tended to use it for a lot of junk. It could be cleared out.

"Thanks, Clara," Aiden replied with an appreciative smile.

She smiled back. "No problem, but we'll have to do some cleaning before we can make it your room. I kind of use the place for a bunch of junk so we'll have to spend some time going through it and seeing what we can move or get rid of so we can make space for you," she commented. She figured he could help her with that. He might be smaller than an average person, but he could still go through boxes and other items with her.

"I could help with that no problem," the doll offered.

"That's good. I really wouldn't want to do that all by myself. I know it's my stuff, but it is for you after all," Clara replied. After that, a few more customers came into the bookstore and bought some books, then it was finally time for her to head home. "Are you ready to go home?" She packed up her things and waited for Aiden.

"Yeah, I'm ready," Aiden smiled, climbing down off the chair and headed to the exit.