9 Lives Gone in One Go

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I'm staying with you. I insisted in fact." Andrew looked down at her. "If I want to keep you safe I will be the one watching over you." Too bad there is only one bed." Andrew giggled a little then hugged her closer than ever before. "If you have a problem about that I understand." Andrew got up and went to go prepare something for dinner. Out from his suit pocket fell a piece of drawing paper. It floated until it reached Kastra. She opened it and was amazed. It was her and her panther between a piece of glass breaking through it slowly. Andrew must have put a lot of work into it because it was his best yet. He cared for Kastra that much.

Kastra's eyes widened two-fold before she looked after him and suddenly grew sad. The picture of her name was still in her apartment, waiting for her to fall asleep looking at it again. Nibbling her bottom lip, she stood and silently slipped into the bedroom and placed it on a table next to the bed and then walked back out, heading to the kitchen. Slipping behind him,she wrapped her arms around his waist and rested her forehead against his back. "I don't mind if you stay," she answered before she released him and stepped towards the door and then stopped. "Andrew, will there be any unusual guests coming by? Any ex-girlfriends I should be wary of, or staff that might come to clean? I don't want to be half-changed if-if there are going to be others here."

"None of the maids know this is here. Only mom and dad know this is here. So, basically this is our own house." He turned to her and hugged her. "You should go get some rest. I'll make something to eat, and probably change out of my suit." Andrew walked around and started setting up the table. After he did that he pulled out some pots and pans and started to cook. Andrew knew he had no idea how to cook but he tried to do it anyway because he wanted to impress Kastra. He stuck some pasta into boiling water and waited for an hour or so. The tired young man sat on the couch and slowly fell asleep, after a couple of moment he could smell the burning of pasta. Andrew got up and threw the pasta out the window as well as the bowl. "Well, that's not going to work." So, Andrew did the one thing college life taught him, order pizza. He picked up the phone and told one of the servants to order a pizza and deliver it to the cottage.

Andrew went back to the couch and laid down, taking off his jacket. This would most likely be the longest amount of sleep he would have in a while.

Kastra had lain down for a few moments before listening to him attempt to cook. It made her giggle softly when he burned the spaghetti. She raised after she heard him order pizza and get up once sound had ceased from the other room. Entering the kitchen, she began to make a dough and then garlic breadsticks. She was surprised at how well prepared this kitchen was. Everything was stocked and made of the best foods money could buy. In the end by the time the servant had brought the pizza to the cottage, she had made garlic breadsticks to go with the pizza and small cinnamon breadsticks for desert. She was at the door before the knock could get out and took the pizza quietly, giving the servant a kind smile as she motioned tot he sleeping Andrew.

Closing the door she peaked in on him to see if he was close to waking before she simply put the pizza in the oven to keep it warm. Grabbing a blanket, she went towards the couch and draped it over him to keep him warm before curling up on the floor next to him, resting her cheek against the couch as she waited comfortably for him to awaken.

Andrew got up after she laid next to him on the ground. He felt angry that he let her sleep on the floor. Slowly, he got up and picked her up, bringing her to the next room. He carried her not to wake her up then set her on the bed. After pulling some blankets he covered her up and put a couple pillows under her head. Andrew noticed that she made bread and felt even more terrible. Not to the fact she had made it, but that he most likely wouldn't be able to do stuff like that for her. He sleeplessly walked until he came to the bed. She looked so tranquil and peaceful, and Andrew couldn't help but get into the king size bed with her. He pulled her close to her feeling the warmth of her body join with his. "Whatever it takes, it's all for you." Andrew fell asleep with her for the first time, feeling satisfied with what he had.

The young woman hadn't meant to fall asleep. She'd just meant to rest her eyes while she awaited for him to wake up so that they could eat. But because of the things that had happened she'd ended up falling fast asleep with joyousness in her hear for just being safe and alive. When he pulled her close that evening she turned in her sleep and pressed her face into his chest in a sort of nuzzle as she slept. She gave a soft huff as she tried to get comfortable before she fell silent and asleep. She slept all the way to the next morning snuggled into the warmth of his arms, her ears and tails making their way out so that she lay there, half-cat girl in his arms.

Andrew completely forgot about the pizza in the oven. As he woke up he smelled the faint aroma of burnt pizza. He felt Kastra's ears on his chest, and it was a good feeling. Andrew got up and got dressed. He put on some jeans and a T-shirt, then he brushed his teeth. After looking around for the odd pizza smell he realized that the burnt pizza was in the oven. He pulled it out and threw it out the window, noticing the pasta from the day before. After he did that he turned off the oven and set the garlic, that Kastra made, into the refrigerator. He walked into the bedroom and got into the bed again. Andrew laid next to her then kissed her to wake her up. "You should get ready, we are going to do stuff today."

Kastra had curled tightly into a ball as her source of heat left he. Hr ears had bristled until they were three times their normal size to show her sleepy displeasure at having the warm body taken from her but she had not truly awoken until she felt his lips touch hers. Groaning gentle, Kastra looked over at him with groggy eyes. "What? I thought we were in hiding? Arent you going to make me stay here?" She asked. It was a testiment that she was not truly a morning person that she had said this as she'd closed her eyes and curl up tighter against his side.

"Doesn't mean we can walk around the backyard?" Andrew said this knowing that there was more land behind them. "OK, we can stay in bed then." Andrew cuddled up next to her and placed his arms around her. "Then I guess this is how we will spend our day." He put his head on top of hers then began to fall asleep again. Soon he felt his sleep go away and he woke having Kastra in his arms. He moved down to her and looked at her while she was sleeping. It maybe was an hour or so later since she didn't want to get up. So, in order to get her up he began to kiss her neck. Slowly one on each side. Slowly he moved down lower until she woke up.

Kastra slowly uncurled as the kisses brought her awake. A small kitten like purr left her lips as she moved her head to the side to allow him more space before her eyes snapped open in surprise. "A-Andrew," she said softly, pulling away with a pair of bright red cheeks, embarrassed not by what he had done but that she had so openly accepted it. Then she looked around and blinked a few times. "When did we get to the bedroom? Is it morning? I thought--The pizza!" she squeaked in alarm, scrambling out of his grasp to go and attempt to save the pizza only to realize that everything was clean and taken care of. Their desert was even safe. Her ears lowered and she looked at him mournfully. "I'm sorry. I was going to wake you but you looked so sleepy so I was going to rest for a tad before waking you for dinner last night."

Andrew walked up behind her and put her arm around here. "I cleaned everything, and got things done. Some time last night I moved you to the bed, you don't deserve to sleep on the floor." He walked her until they got to the couch. "We can do whatever you want today. I want it to just be me and you. It doesn't matter if it costs money, or you want to do something insane. All I want to do is spend the day with you." Andrew wanted to protect her but he also wanted to let her have some freedom for how ever long she was to be kept a secret.

Her eyes widened before she smiled and nodded. "I see. Well, then, would you like to take a walk? I love walking, you might find that out soon," she said as she turned in his arms to rest against him. "You are too good to be true, kind Prince Eric. A father that is famous, a home that I swear was the one that I saw as a kid and wished that I could live in someday, and other perfect things. You are trying to save me from a life of horribleness with the government."

Andrew smiled at her and nodded. "I'm not as perfect as you think. I mean... Yes, I will save you from the lords m'lady." Andrew took her hand and they walked outside. He breathed in the fresh air slowly as the door opened, with the smell he smelled the daisies and a faint smell of burnt pizza. He held her hand and they began to walk around the back yard. Slowly, they came to a small forest that had a stone path. The trees reached to the heavens, but they blocked out most of the light. All of the grass and stone had become together as they kept walking. They walked until they came to a small patch of grass that was rather soft. He let go of her hand and laid down in the grass. "This feels so good." Andrew looked over at a couple of trees, one had grown through one another. "I love this forest, I only came here a couple of times but never appreciated it."

Kastra was breathless as she twirled, trying to take in everything at once. Her more animalistic side was throwing her for a loop as she spun, trying to bring her to change and run around. When he laid himself down on the ground, she giggled and quickly followed suit, sighing at the feeling of real grass on her skin. "It is so beautiful here Andrew. It's so dream like I don't know if I'll ever want to leave."

Andrew put his arm around her and looked up at the branches. He put her close to him and then he looked around. The spot he had picked is where he usually sat before. The scenic area was one of his biggest inspiration for his work, other than Kastra. He would come out here for quiet and peace when he needed it. Andrew turned over to his side and kept looking around. "It's beautiful." Andrew looked straight at Kastra as he said that.

Kastra looked over at him to agree and stopped, her breath being taken away as she realized just what he was saying. Blushing a bit she leaned in and rested her forehead against his. "I'd say it's more handsome than beautiful."

Andrew smiled at her and looked down at her. "We won't be able to stay here forever." He looked up at the trees knowing that they would not be safe. "I know there is more of you out there, and I want to know what is happening to them." Slowly he ran his fingers through her hair. "I don't want to put you in any harm, so you are OK to stay here. I don't know why I feel I have to do this but I have made a commitment, and I must complete it to the fullest." Andrew took in the air around him, which smelled of pine trees and grass.

Kastra blinked and listened to him before nodding. "I know we can't stay. I wouldn't dream of putting your family in risk. I hate doing it now already. "Just tell me, you aren't going to fight them about it. I don't want you making an enemy of the government. They didn't see your face. THey won't put it together until it's too late. If I leave I can keep them off your scent Andrew. I-I can't let any of you get hurt."

Andrew couldn't stand it, he knew that he had to protect her but something bothered him. There was more people like her, and Andrew couldn't stand that. "It's not going to work like that, you are staying with me. I won't let anything happen to you." Andrew looked down at her and put his hands into hers. "Even if they don't know me they will still make connections, find your students, who you work with. There is no turning back for me Kastra, I have made my decision and I'm sticking to it until my heart stops beating." Andrew hugged her close then felt like an idiot for saying such a cheesy line, but it was to make her feel safe.

The woman's eyes closed tightly for a few homes as she curled into him, sighing softly. "You--You make it so hard to try and leave to protect you," she said with a weak smile. "I just want to protect you and--and I don't even know how to figure out how to find others like me. I just don't."