9 Lives Gone in One Go

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"I should have expected this. And no I don't just drag in people to bed I am a bit more kind." Andrew was playing cooler than he should have been. It almost freaked him out that he was acting this way. "Can you at least let me get on pants on." Andrew got up put on some pants then petted Kastra on her back trying to keep her calm. Andrew moved in front of her and started to walk toward the two. Then with a swift move he went in for the attack.

The man reacted as quick as Andrew, grabbing his arm and pinning him against the wall with more strength than his lanky body should have been able to do. As that man did that, Kastra lept forward with a pissed yowl, clamping a jaw around his leg so hard that her teeth broke fabric and skin.

"Yo! Anthony! Calm. She'll take yer leg off if ye hurt the human. No need in woundin' you if she's that protective of it," the woman said, hands going up. "And you, we weren't going to attack unless you refused to release the girl. We just wanted to have her released from whatever captivity it is you have going on here."

"She's not my captive for one. Secondly you can't exactly barge in and ask for her. It's her decision." Andrew pulled his arm away from Anthony and stood behind Kastra looking at the woman. "So I suggest you start making some sort of deals here." Andrew folded his arms over. He obviously was not going to give Kastra away at this point. He'd go down in a heartbeat for her.

"Call her off," the woman said, pointing to where Kastra still had the man's leg in her teeth. It wasn't until Andrew was behind the shifter that she backed up and released the leg. Licking her lips, Kastra watched the woman until she sighed. "Change back please. I don't deal talking with humans well."

Kastra watched both of them before she shifted. This was slow, showing the control she had over her changes before she stood there with arms crossed over her chest and her tail wrapped around her waist to provide a small bit of cover. "You attacked Andrew. Why should I go with you?"

"Because he is human. What else would you want to do?" the man asked, unable to take his eyes off the bare flesh.

Kastra raised an eyebrow. "Yes," she drawled. "He is a human. So what?"

Andrew pulled the blanket from the bed and wrapped it around her covering her up and also warming her body. "I may be human but that doesn't mean that I am nothing to the situation." Andrew moved around to Kastra's side and stared at the two. With his hands still crossed he shook his head. If it was the government was this all they sent? If so, they must not care about people like Kastra. "I won't be letting her go."

"Humans are the bane of us. They capture, test, force us into situations that we were never meant to be in. You have no say in this because your kind can never understand us," the man snapped as he bent down to inspect his leg. Twisting in front of them the man changed right there into the body of a lynx, licking the wound carefully.

Kastra had cuddled close under the blanket, gratefully before she inhaled sharply. "You can shift?!" she asked in surprise.

"Yes. We can. AS can the rest of the coven that is near here," the woman said. "We came to save you."

"Who said I wanted saving?" Kastra inquired.

"Who wouldn't?" the woman returned.

"So you aren't the government?" Andrew shifted a bit looking at the two. They both were shifters, so that made three in all. He felt almost inferior, because they were shifters. His bland humanness made him feel like there was nothing to him. It was like he was alone. These people meant business and he didn't really know what to do. Then he thought about their human sides. If they didn't have that he would have no idea how to relate. Andrew put his hand on Kastra's shoulder and looked at the two. "If this concerns Kastra it concerns me."

Kastra looked over at Andrew and leaned up, kissing his cheek before looking back at the two shifters. "He is right. He is more than a human to me and if you don't talk to him nicely I might have to take off a leg the next time," Kastra warned.

"He's just a--" the girl said before getting cut off by a growl from Kastra.

"He's my human. My l-lover." Kastra snapped. This seemed to shut the woman up quickly enough.

Andrew nodded and put his arms around Kastra just to prove the point. "It doesn't matter if I am human are not, we work as a team. Now, tell us your intentions of being here or else I will throw you off the property." Andrew held Kastra close feeling the warmth of her body through the blanket. He breathed slowly being at ease now that the situation was being handled.

The woman watched the two with a deeper frown. "Our intentions," she said softly, bending down to rest a hand on the lynx's back. "Was to take her away from captivity and offer her a chance to join her own kind. You would never be able to keep up with her at a run; you cannot appreciate when she changes. As time goes by you'll think of her only as a guard cat each time she goes for a run. We offer her a chance to be among her kind and to fall for someone that could keep up with her And protection."

Kastra blinked a few times and bit her bottom lip. That wasn't true. Andrew could keep up with her. He'd proven that when he'd taken them away from the college. "You are wrong."

Andrew fully agreed with Kastra. How could some person just walk in and tell him like it is. Why did it matter if she wasn't, "with her own kind." Andrew furrowed his brow and looked at the two of them. He didn't really know what to do. The fact that they were here meant that his hiding place was compromised. The government would soon be there with plenty of people, and most likely guns. This made him feel uneasy. Andrew shifted looking over at Kastra then to them.

"She doesn't want to go, respect her decision."

The young woman was watching them carefully. Slowly she sighed and pulled out a sheet of paper and held it out. "This is a map to where we are. Know that we will hunt you down if non-shifters visit and kill you for betraying us. Otherwise, you are welcome should you need shelter at any point," she said as Kastra very slowly stepped forward and took the map before the two left, giving the shifter girl a backward glance.

Andrew went to the bed and sat down. He put his hands on the back of his neck and he slowly laid back until his body reached the bed. It became apparent to him that they weren't safe there, at all. He knew that they had to leave soon. Why did all of this have to happen. He wanted to live in peace with Kastra but it wouldn't happen. This story would either end with him running forever or dying. His heart began to beat faster as he thought about this. Andrew's eyes drifted over toward Kastra and he shrugged. "So, when should we leave?"

Kastra watched him before biting her lip. She walked over to him and curled up at his side, slipping the blanket over both of them for warmth. "We don't have to. They aren't connected to the government, maybe they just saw us earlier and figured that you had taken me captive," she suggested. She loved this place already, even if his mother was less than ideal.

Andrew put his arms around her body remembering she was naked. He pulled the blanket around him and her and he looked into her eyes. "I don't want anything to happen to you. If they know we are here, the government knows we are here. Honestly, if they can get in most anyone can." Andrew shook his head then sighed. It was obvious he knew that it would come to this. "I understand you like it here, but there are many other places out there."

Kastra watched him, cat ears slowly lowering in sadness. She hid her face in his side and stayed like that for a little bit. "I know a place we can go. No one ever found us there, me and pa," she offered. "It's in the middle of the forest and the only way in is over a mountain. I could run us through with you on my back in half an hour to an hour tops depending on the weather. And it's fully stocked. Not good as this place but--well. It'll give us privacy, protection... Ranges of meadows that are filled with beautiful flowers and saplings."

"I'll go where ever you want me to go," Andrew admitted. His mind was wrapped around this idea of running away. Would he survive? Could he escape? Then he thought about what he had said earlier. There were countless others who were like Kastra. Men, women, and children all in this situation. He felt there was something he should do but he couldn't do. Andrew kissed Kastra and sighed. "We are leaving, but that is not what we are going to do the rest of our lives. Once we are safe, we are helping others like you."

Kastra looked up at him before she bit her bottom lip. "I hate making you have to hide Andrew. You could make such great works of art if you were just without me to saddle you with my problems," she said softly, reaching up to stroke the side of his face. "Please, you don't have to throw everything away for me. You-You could say that I was forcing you to help me or something."

Andrew smiled at the gesture. He put his hand on her side then put his head on hers. "I have done something that I'd never thought I'd do. Something that no normal person would do. Maybe I was reckless sure, but I did it for a reason. When my dad gave me the box I looked in it and there was nothing. He told me that the best things in the world aren't bought nor are they given. They are found in the world. Luckily, I found you. I'm going to stay with you no matter what. We are going to stick together until the end, because I love you." Andrew leaned in and kissed her. "I'm staying with you."

Kastra looked at him and then smiled, returning the kiss. "If you are sure Andrew," she whispered, stroking his cheek gently before she curled in against him. "Mm, it's been so long since I've been able to relax, and the trip to the safe house'll be a long one. Can we stay two more days? Just two more days of relaxing and not worrying?"