9 Lives Gone in One Go

Andrew drove the rest of the night letting Kastra sleep until it was around twelve A.M. Jackson wasn't that far away from the college he attended in Idaho. Once it was twelve he parked his car in a gas station an covered Kastra with the blanket she covered herself with before. He did not know if he would live to see the rest of his life but he didn't care. Kastra was all he could think about now. He needed to keep her safe, and save those who were like her. Andrew watched over her for the night. Even though they stopped he would sleep then wake up to see if she was OK. He finally drifted off into sleep dreaming about the next day...

Kastra woke early and looked about before seeing the gas station where they were parked. Starving she shifted quietly around in the car until she got to his wallet and pulled out a few bills before leaving the car as silently as she could. Quickly she went inside, smiled at the cashier and got enough coffee for the two of them and then a good gas station breakfast before walking back out to the car and knocking on the door as her arms were filled. "Andrew?" she called, trying to wake up.

Andrew slowly woke up seeing that she had food. "Great you got something to eat." He got up and helped her put some things into the car. It was different this time, he was close to her but there was tension. "We're close to where we need to be." Andrew put a new shirt on and got into the car. Kastra meeting his dad would be odd but it was one of the only ways to keep her safe. He knew that his dad had plenty of connections to be able to help them get to a safe place, but he didn't know if they would accept. Andrew got into the car and started it up. He looked at Kastra seeing her red hair, and his clothes still on. "You look great in anything you know." He drove for his fathers house, which was only an hour or so away.

Kastra grinned and shook her head. "No. I'm better in skirts and dresses and maybe the girlish outfits I wore to classes," she denied before falling silent as she fell upon the food near her, stomach starving for food now that her flight or fight responses had tuned down. She couldn't believe how much time had flown by, or how little. Really it had been less than a week since Andrew had found her in her office without control over her shift and now they were on the run from the government that wanted to harness her.

Andrew ate something from the pile and kept driving for his Pa's house. He looked at while he was driving seeing what she was doing. Andrew really didn't have much to do for the drive. So, he continued to drive non-stop...

An hour or so past and they finally arrived to a small neighborhood. There was only a couple of house until they drove over a small hill. A large manor sat below them. Was his dad a millionaire? Did he work for the government? For now that was a mystery. Andrew drove up and waited at the gate.

"Name and business," a man said from the guard post. "Andrew Ford, I need to speak with my dad," Andrew said. The gate opened for him and they both drove in. He parked the car and put the keys into his pocket. "Pa's gonna be happy to see me." He got out of the car and put his hand through his hair. Andrew walked to the door and knocked three times.

You'd expect some sort of business man, and he didn't want to own his dad's business. Maybe some sort of heir to a large amount of money and didn't care about anyone in his family. That's what you would expect. An older man came to the door with a plaid blue shirt and jeans then answered the door. He had a cow boy's hat on and he looked at Andrew. "So you've finally come back." The voice seemed rather familiar. It was something that was known but you couldn't match a face to the voice.

"Look Pa, I need help," Andrew said to his Pa. "Well as they say... Harrison Ford can do anything," the man answered.

Kastra had gotten out of the car and been staring around, taking in the place. "A-Andrew I think this is the place I--Oh my!" she called, having done a three-sixty turn until she had ended up just behind Andrew, her eyes landing finally on the man that Andrew was addressing. She completely froze under the look of the man, remembering suddenly that she was in men's clothes with no bra and bright red hair under a baseball-cap--completely unpresentably to a man of Mr. Ford's standing. She shyly slipped further behind Andrew and peeked out around him. "You could have told me!" she squeaked at Andrew as a hand gripped a sleeve of Andrew's in both fear and embarrassment.

Andrew looked back and her and nodded. "It's OK, you look fine." Andrew looked back at his dad and scratched the back of his head. "I'm in trouble again dad, can you help?"

Harrison looked at his son, who he would have disowned by now if it weren't for his love for him. "Yes I'll get out the contact book and some brandy. The maids will have your room ready in an hour or so." He took off his hat and laid it on the table. "Andrew, what type of trouble is it? Money, women, the police?" Harrison looked at his head and shook his head guessing it had to deal with the woman behind him.

Andrew shook his head. "This time it's the government. So, the book might not help this time." Andrew looked back at Kastra making sure she wasn't embarrassed but she obviously was. "They want her dad, that's why I'm here." Andew pulled Kastra to his side and put his arm around her. "This is her."

Harrison put his hands into his pockets and nodded. "The normal room is always ready. Make sure you put your towels in the hamper. I'll get to work." Harrison waked into another room and closed the doors behind him.

Andrew walked up stairs and set his things down on the bed then jumped onto it. He didn't know how this would end, but above all it was for her.

Kastra tried very hard to blend into Andrew's side, suddenly very shy and not all that sure what was going to happen to her now. She followed the young man to the room and then stood near the doorway, shifting uncomfortably. "You are that man's son Andrew?" she squeaked after he'd laid down. "And he-he might be able to help me?" She wasn't sure what she'd done to deserve all this but whatever it was, it was spooking her like nothing else. She felt wrong and out of place in this large manor. "I don't--I won't get you into trouble with your father will I? I don't want that."

"My father is Harrison Ford, I think he can handle it. For now we just need to relax." He moved some things aside and set a place for her to lay down. Andrew got up and closed the door taking off his shirt and laying down. He put his hands behind his head and looked over at her. "I understand my father is doing a lot but he's doing it for me. I'll repay him later like I always do, for now all that matters is that you are safe." He looked over and her then put his hands on his stomach starting to drift into sleep. "If you are looking for some better clothes you can ask mom for some. She knows how to dress." Andrew began to fall asleep. The day definitely wasn't over.

Kastra looked at him as he fell asleep before she slipped out of the room and looked around, arms folding around her carefully. Deciding that the best thing to do was simply wander about until she found his 'mom', she stepped towards the right and looked about until she ran into a maid. She asked as best she could which was she could find Mrs. Ford and was shown towards the living room easily enough. "Excuse?" she said to the woman there. "Are-Are you Andrew's mother?"

"No, No, No meees." The Hispanic maid looked at her and shook her head. "Me no mees Ford. Me is the maid." She bowed and then ran away. Kastra continued to roam the halls until she came to a room. On the door it said Library, she walked in and saw a somewhat older woman reading a book. She looked up from her book and nodded at her. "You must be one of Andrew's girls am I correct? If you are looking for some other clothes I have some in my room on the top floor. If you need anything to eat, ask Consuayla for a meal. Otherwise I'll expect you to be leaving in a week." She looked at her dully as she flipped through the pages of the book.

Kastra went up and put on some new clothes and began roaming the hallways again, until she bumped into Harrison.

"You look nice."

Kastra stumbled back, having been deep in thought of the way that his mother had treated her and what it might mean for her in general. Biting her bottom lip she backed a few more steps politely and did a hasty bow. "Th-Thank you sir," she said. "Thank you for the ho-hospitality and any help you can give. I-I didn't mean to get him into any trouble though. I really didn't. I-I'll try to stay out of your hair as much as possible."

"It's fine," Harrison looked at her as she walked away. Kastra walked around for a little more until she got lost. It was like a maze in this house. You'd expect that from Harrison Ford. She walked around till she came to a single hallway. There were no other doors except one at the end. The white door stared at her as she walked toward it. As she opened the door she saw a man in a chair, it was turned toward a large window that looked over the back yard. The chair turned around and the man looked at Kastra. His sleek black hair was pulled back and he was wearing a suit. The wore a small pair of reading glasses that were black and he took them off. "Well you look nice." Andrew set down his book and walked around his desk. He pulled the seat out from the front of the desk and let her sit in it. "So, what do you think?"

Kastra stared at him for a few moments, stunned at the change from college boy to a man in a suit with glasses. "E-Everyone's saying that," she said, shifting a bit in the clothes before she took the few steps forward to sit in the chair, looking at the ground, unable to bring herself to look at this fancier Andrew. She felt, for all the splendid outfit she wore, small, dirty, and most of all a pain in the rear. She wouldn't be surprised if her cheeks were as red as her hair. She nibbled her lip for a few moments before looking up into his face. "I-I shouldn't be here Andrew. I'm just going to get you and your family in trouble and-and I can survive on my own. I did for a time as a kid; I can do it again. I should be bothering you." She stood from the chair and bit her lower lip harder. "I-I don't think your family likes me either."

"Look if it's my mother I understand, she is into the whole one time thing. She found dad by waiting, she wanted me to wait and I didn't. She is more or less proud of me. Dad on the other hand understands my way of life." He grabbed her hands and looked into her eyes. "I've made my decision, after I hit those men I knew it was my duty to protect you." Andrew put one hand into his pocket and pulled out a small box, it was black and had something written on it."My dad gave me this when I was younger, I don't know what it is but he said I would know when I'm older."He tucked the box into his pocket and grabbed her other hand again. "I understand if you feel out of place, but that doesn't matter. All that matters is that you and I are going to be safe." Andrew looked at her in the eyes like he always had before and waited for her to say something.

Kastra's lower lip trembled for a moment and she was on the verge of crying right there but instead she pulled her hands slowly away and looked down, stepping closer to rest her forehead against his chest. She was quiet for a time, not trusting herself to speak right away. When she looked up she smiled weakly and shrugged. "I-I'm just not used to this. It's too much. I feel like I-I don't belong here is all. Are you sure there isn't somewhere smaller I could stay?"

Andrew smiled. "There is a place that I was going to put us, but I wasn't sure if you would like how small it was." Andrew pressed a button on top of a small pedestal and a secret entrance opened. He walked her down until they entered the backyard. They walked for a bit until they came to a wooded area with a small cottage in it. He opened the door and it had a kitchen, a bathroom, a bedroom and a living room. "This is where I lived for a while. It helped me get better at my artwork." He brought her to the couch, which was larger than her couch and he sat down with her. Andrew looked into her eyes then pulled her in close and put his head by hers. "My job now it to protect you, and I'll do whatever it takes to protect you. I'm your Prince Eric, and you are my Little Mermaid. I will die trying to protect you Kastra." Andrew closed his eyes as he held her to keep the moment lasting.

Kastra gasped at the beautiful lawn and was looking back at the house having a deja vu moment from when she was a kid. No doubt, this was where she'd stopped and decided she wanted to live one day no matter what. When she was sat down on the cottage's couch, she blushed a bit and looked over at him, feeling much more comfortable in this area than she had been in the big house. "You are-" she said before she was pulled in. The moment caught her by surprise and before she knew it, she pulled herself tightly against him and curled up, taking a shuddering breath. "I-Thank you Andrew."

"All that matters is you." Andrew looked at her and smiled. "Dad is making a couple of calls now, so this will all be over soon." He looked at her holding his arms around her still and kissed her. This kiss was unlike any of the other ones he had given her. This one he held for as long as he could. He held it until he couldn't breathe anymore, then he stopped at her held her close again. Over the course of a week so much had changed for him. First it was finishing college now it was saving her. "You don't ever have to repay me."

Kastra was grateful for not only the kiss but the warm arms that pulled her against him. She curled up against him and closed her eyes for a moment. "Where will you be staying? Up in the manor with your parents?" she asked softly, suddenly wondering just how much freedom she would have in this house--if she was going to have to worry about being caged in a fancy cottage.