9 Lives Gone in One Go

Andrew breathed afraid of that fact. If the government knew about her then that means there were many others like her that would be in the same situation. That feeling of many others like her either being tortured, or just being controlled. He didn't like that all. Again he held her closer, only wanting her to be safe and sound. "I'm sorry to hear that." Andrew couldn't say much at all in this situation. He always had something to say because he was rather cocky. Slowly, his mind began to drift seeing them in a small park, with no one there. It was tranquil and it was only them. They sat under a tree while Andrew held her in his arms. Both of them were face to face looking into each other's eyes. The sun was setting behind them and it was passing behind the trees so fast. As the light finally drifted away they kissed holding the moment longer than it would. Night cloaked the park and men and dogs swarmed the park. They had guns and cuffs to take her in. She was gone in a matter of seconds...

Andrew snapped out of it looking down at her. "I'm sorry I'm not saying much", Andrew admitted. "I really don't know how to respond to your past." He felt his heart beat with hers as his mind began to drift again.

The young woman shuddered and rested against him as she thought about her own past before he brought her back to it. She grinned and shook her head. "You don't have to say anything. It's what happened plain and simple. The less I think about it the better in truth," she said and was about to say something else when there was an ominous pounding at the door. She blinked and looked at it as a male voice called:

"Miss McLinin, please open up, we have official business to speak to you about."

Her heart slammed into overdrive as she slipped from Andrew's arms and rolled onto the floor, landing like a cat before she pushed herself up and cautiously peeked out the window near the door. "Andrew, go to my bedroom all right? I don't--I don't want them to know you know," she said as she went to the door, waiting for him to hide before she would open the door. "Hold on, I'm getting dressed," she shouted as they started to bang again.

Andrew snapped out of his day dream and saw her get up, in panic. He heard her words and headed for her room looking for a way out. He saw the window but it would be to risky to run out that way. Andrew rolled under the bed which laid on his face. His heart was probably beating as fast as him. He waited for her to open the door and he sat quietly. This was like his daydream... would it end like it did...

Kastra opened the door just a tad before it was pushed in violently by two men, both with the words government all but tattooed across their forehead. She rolled back, tail, ears, fangs and claws out in an instant. "What the hell do you want?" She snarled.

"We need you to come with us for three days. It's time for your yearly check," one of the men said.

"Screw you bud. I went in six months ago. Get out unless you got a better lie to tell," Kastra snarled.

"It seems you still don't know what obedience means," came a third voice as an older gentlemen walked in. If Kastra had been in her other form she would have bristled to two times her size. "Perhaps we should get a cage again and make you live in that. I don't think the college would miss a professor such as your standing for a few months."

Kastra staggered back at the threat before she bared her fangs again. "Back off, I'm not going to be caged again. I have a life. You swore that you would leave me alone except for check ups once a year if my family never learned. Well they didn't so go away."

"I'm sick of your games Kastra. Why do you need to stay here? It isn't as if you have anyone to hold on to."

The verbal slap was enough to make Kastra's eyes widen and fall silent for a moment before she shook her head. "Go away. I have stuff to hold onto. I know people here. I have friends! I have someone--" she cut herself off quickly, biting her tongue as she saw the man's eyes light up in interest.

"Someone?" he prodded. "You couldn't have possibly found someone that would love you or be interested in a creature such as yourself. The only reason they'd see you as interesting is to show you off to the world as a freak."

Andrew's heart began to beat faster. He laid their, like prey under a panther. There were three of them and sadly only one of him. Andrew felt it, pain, anger, and hell grabbing him from under. This was his final choice. From leading a normal life, or saving her. This time, he was going to have to be Prince Eric. He slipped from under the bed and jumped out the window and ran around to the front.

Andrew went back in and walked back up to her place and stood behind the two guys that were outside the door. Swiftly, he came up behind them. It was like a movie, he moved their heads together until they collided. Both of them fell on the ground unconscious. Andrew felt like he was moving in slow-motion. The world around him was paused, but yet it kept spinning. He bull rushed the guy in front of Kastra and knocked him over. Andrew pointed to the window and held out his hand.

Kastra's eyes widened beyond what they had ever before but she grabbed his hand and took off running, pulling him behind her as she led him to the forest. At the edge she released his hand, and gasped for breath as she leaned against the nearest tree and stared at him. "That was--was so incredibly brave and stupid, and gods are you okay? They didn't hurt you?" She asked, stepping forward to run searching hands over his body to make sure he was safe.

"I... I'm fine." Andrew put his hands around her and kissed her ever so passionately. "I've made my decision, now I have to make some calls. I bet those guys don't know where I live so we need to meet somewhere." Andrew puts his hands in his pocket and pulled out his phone. He sent a text to someone but it was unknown who. "Meet me behind Damicio's, hide behind the dumpsters and I'll meet you there. All that matters now is that you are safe." He smiled at her then nodded. "Let's hope we see each other again." Andrew ran his fastest to his apartment. The three men weren't there because they never saw his face so he was OK. He went in not seeing his roommate again, so he was probably dead by now. Andrew picked up a couple things and put it into a large suitcase.

As he was packing he looked if he needed anything else, then he remembered the picture. He pulled it out and tucked it into his jacket. The last thing he needed to get was in his closet. Andrew opened the door and smiled at the engine that could and took everything to his car. His heart was beating really fast, for a moment he thought he was having a heart attack, but he knew it was beating for Kastra. He drove to Little Damicio's and parked by the dumpsters. Andrew got out of the car and knocked on the dumpsters to see if she was there.

Kastra had stood there for a few moments, staring after him before she'd heard crashing and curses coming from the direction of her apartment. Blinking she took off, shifting mid leap so that her clothing ripped, leaving tatters of it behind. She ran as fast as her panther legs could carry her, becoming nothing but a blur until she got behind the dumpsters. There she sat, heart pounding, begging that it wasn't some kind of set up to catch her as a panther. When she heard the knocking, she poked her head out from behind the dumpster and then padded out when she saw Andrew and only Andrew. As she walked over she shifted right there, pressing her nude body against his as she hugged him. "Andrew. You don't have to do this. I can take care of myself. Please. I don't want you in trouble with Them, or the government," she said, eyes wide as she trembled against him.

Andrew saw her as she came up to him. He was surprised that she just came up to him nude. Her embrace was all that he needed to keep him going. He pulled her along to the back and put a blanket over her looking around for anyone. No one was there so he opened the right side door and put her in. It was now his mission to protect her. All the books he read, the T.V he watched, the black and white movies. Nothing had matched up to this. Andrew closed up the car and started to drive toward the city lines. He looked at her without expression and began to speak. "Nothing matters now, I've made my decision. I could have hid under the bed and I would have for the rest of my life. I decided that from now I will always protect you. The future is the only thing that matters." He moved his right hand and interlocked it with hers while his left hand was on the wheel.

"We're heading to the only place I know where to head when I'm in trouble." The rest of the night he drove and made it past city lines. They made it past state lines and headed for a hotel. Instead of sleeping in it they just parked there and slept in the car. Kastra woke up seeing Andrew throwing away his wallet and placing some things into a new one.

Kastra shivered a bit and looked at the man that was taking her away from the hell. "Andrew, what are you doing?" she asked when she saw him replacing his wallet. "Don't you need that? It's important isn't it?" She had no wallet, no id, no credit cards or cash or clothes. All she had was the blanket she had wrapped around herself in a desperate attempt to remain decent in front of him. She stretched and yawned as she woke up, being sure to keep the lovely blanket tight around her.

"Well first, Gregor isn't my last name. My name is Andrew, but my last name is Ford." He looked back at her and pointed to the trunk. "There is some clothes in the trunk, put them on." He took off of his jacket and put it in the front seat. Andrew seemed tense but he was holding his own. "I have a couple fake ID's, including Andrew Gregor. So, they will have no idea where to find us." He pulled out some hair dyes from under the front seat and set them on the top of the car. One was red and one was black. "You get first pick." Andrew kept working on getting everything ready for the trip. He sat in the front seat and waited for her to get ready.

Kastra's eyes flicked to him, suddenly becoming very wary. "You are too prepared," she said, slowly getting out of the car and backing up, ready to fly at any time he made a wrong movie. There was only a certain amount that one could take before they got wary of those trying to help her. "And what do you mean your name is Ford? Who are you?"

"I'm still the same person just with a different last name." Andrew set his hands on his chest and laid back. "My real name is Andrew Ford. I just wanted to go to a smaller school farther away from Wyoming." He looked back at her. "Honestly my past isn't that normal, my father is an A-list actor. I had to get away from it all, I really don't like attention." He shifted in his seat and looked at the dashboard. "I'm only trying to protect you, so we are heading to the one place I know we'll be safe. Jackson, Wyoming."

"W-Wyoming?" She stammered, shivering a bit as she looked at him relaxing there in the seat. She flushed a bit and turned away, going to the trunk and pulling out some clothes. Looking around the parking lot she pulled out some men's clothes and pulled them on, doing her best to stay covered as she could. When she finally was dressed she walked around to the hair color and snatched up the red. "I look too pale as a black haired person," She said with a blush as she held the box close to her. "You have some explaining while you take me there Andrew. You got into some serious trouble taking those men out and I need to know everything in order to protect you from them."

Andrew looked at her and nodded. "I'll take the black then." He stood up and put it under his arm. "I will explain everything to you soon, but for now we need to get to a safe haven." He walked to the boys bathroom and started dyeing his hair. Andrew came out with a new look, some of his hair was cut and brushed back. He sat on the car waiting for her to return.

Kastra remained in the restroom a bit longer due to her longer hair. When she returned, she had a baseball cap she'd found, pulled onto her head with her hair pulled back into a sharp ponytail that stuck out the back of the cap. Slipping into the car, she looked over at him and then bit her bottom lip. "Don't laugh. I look so tomboyish a tomboy would be jealous," she said with a small half-laugh.

"You still look beautiful." Andrew could still see the old her in the midst of her disguise. She was the one he was doing all this for. He couldn't help but move his hand toward hers and interlock it. "I don't know how this will end but I know I'll do whatever it takes to get you safe. Pa has a great number of resources he could use to help you. For now, all we have to do is get to Wyoming and then we are safe." Andrew shut the car up and started up the car. "Are you sure you want me to help you?"

Kastra shivered at his words and then looked at their interlaced hands. Nibbling her bottom lip she shifted over and kissed his cheek. When she pulled back she smiled at him. "Jackson, Wyoming, huh?" she asked as she settled down. "I ran through that part of Wyoming when I was a kid with dad. There was this really big, fancy house that I stopped behind. I was about eight or so. It was so beautiful sitting there with it's manicured lawn and beautiful terraces. I always thought of that when people asked where I wanted to end up in the future."

"Well you'll find out soon enough who my Pa is." He pulled out from the hotel parking lot and started to drive toward the next city. Andrew would be the one driving all night. He let Kastra sleep and do whatever she wanted. "So, let me actually tell me about myself. I'm Andrew Ford, I went to the school because I didn't want attention and to chase my art degree. I have a mom and a dad, no brothers or sisters. I was born in Jackson, that's about it." He looked at her for her input.

Kastra watched him as he explained and then nodded. "All right. That works for me. I just hope I'm not getting any of you into trouble. If I did I wouldn't be able to forgive myself," she said softly, with a shake of her head before curling up in the seat, staring out the window though her hand never really let go of Andrews unless he had to turn the car sharply. She needed an anchor because her world was destroyed. THey'd hunt her til the end of her days.