9 Lives Gone in One Go

Andrew took his chance. He put down five of his fingers leaving his right hand free and he put it down on the floor. "Man, you got me on that one. Never have I ever seen such beautiful eyes." Andrew looked into her eyes with a rather suave look. While he did looked into her eyes he slowly moved his hand toward hers. His pinky moved slowly to move his hand towards hers until he finally reached it. The little pinky wrapped itself around her pinky trying to get closer to her. "Your turn."

Kastra's eyes widened as her cheeks became a bright red before they flicked down to where she felt his pinky touch hers. Her heart sped up at the thought of what might happen and she shifted a bit forward, not taking her hand away. "Um, N-Never have I ever--" she started before freezing for a moment. "Never have I ever have I been blackmailed and then asked on a date by the same person."

Andrew smiled then giggled a little. He interlocked his fingers with hers and moved closer to her. His heart started to beat faster and faster. "That's a good one. "Never have I ever gotten so close to someone as beautiful as you." He moved closer to her and looked into her eyes. Andrew was getting close to his goal. He felt the feeling he had before, of complete devotion and love.

Kastra's heart leapt and she felt herself shift closer to Andrew as their eyes locked together again. "You are flattering me Andrew," She said with a soft giggle before she bit her bottom lip. "Hm, let us see. Never have I ever met such a man that was taking such a long time to simply kiss the girl except for in the Little Mermaid." Her eyes were sparkling with a laughter she was holding in as she smiled at him, wondering if that would get him to act first. She had nothing against being the forward one, but it would be nice if they wouldn't make her do everything first in this relationship.

Andrew smiled at her. "It's hard not to be cliche." He leaned into her and closed his eyes. Then he kissed her. Slowly he put passion and love into the sweet kiss between him and her. He put his other hand behind her back holding her close to him as they kept kissing. It reminded him of a teen movie, rather cliche, but it made sense and it was nice. He rubbed her hand with his and continued with the kiss. He slowly finished the kissed and held her hand in his. "So, I'm Prince Eric now?"

Kastra had shifted so that her body was pressed lightly against his, her free hand resting on his shoulder. Even iff it had been rather cliche, it had been great for her. She had never been courted in such a sweet and innocent way before and it was a nice change from the darker, more mature way that some men hit on her. She couldn't help but laugh outright though at his question about Eric. "Only if I get to be Ariel," she teased gently before she slowly looked down at the bikini she still sat in. "Was your plan to just get me into a bathing suit to help your seduction along or was that just a bonus?""

"You get to decide that." He held her hand closely and kept looking at her. "It's getting late, I'm going to head back home." He looked rather sad that he was but he was going to be a gentlemen, and it was only the first date. "Thanks for the evening, Kastra." He stood up and took his pencil and his book, but he left one small paper. "Have a good night." The paper on the table was another drawing but instead of a picture of her it was dark feline eyes and her name in beautiful cursive. He went home that night alone, but he did it to benefit him later. That night his roommate did not return once again.

Kastra watched him go from the small window next to the door, feline eyes allowibg her to watch for even longer than most others would have. When she finally turned away she saw the picture of her name and the cat eyes. Blushing with delight she took it and placed it next to her bed so that she could look and see it when she woke up and know that what had happened hadn't just been some wonderfully dangerous dream. And it was dangerous. If anyone found out about what they were doijg she could lose her job or worse be discovered for what she was. But why ruin a good evening with those thoughts? Instead she changed into a better sleeping outfit and crawled into bed, the last thing she remembered was the cat eyes on the drawing glowing an eery red.

Andrew went to sleep that night. It was getting weirder and weirder that his roommate wasn't showing up, but again he didn't care. All that mattered now was Kastra. He did his best when he was with her or thinking about her. It's like a classic love story, but he still can't just push her into a relationship. Plus he doesn't know that much about her anyway. If his parents would meet her then he would totally be cut off. He woke up the next morning with a heavy heart, he was happy he was with her but he didn't know how her other side would act. Was there more like her? Was she ever captures and experimented on? His mind kept wrapping itself up in questions until he stopped. This is what happened with his parents and his future, they know what he wanted to do, but they didn't like it. It was Saturday so he had a day or so until school. All he thought about was Kastra, her mystery, her beauty, and her fierce attitude.

Andrew pulled out a small notebook and did what he did best. He began to draw again. Not of him or her but of something else. He knew that there would be the place that everything will truly fall into place. After an hour of so he finished the picture and hid it under his couch. Later that day he went over to Kastra's house. He knocked on the door and waited for her.

The young shifter had awoken early the next day and found herself for the first time completely contant with her small place. She'd spent the rest of the morning searching the woods near her apartment for pray. Long ago she had realized that she could cheaply eat if she just hunted as a panther.

When he knocked on her door she was coming up behind hi. Had she been alone she would have changed quickly and then gone inside without anyone seeing. She hung back for a few moments as she watched him, ears and tail up and alert for any trouble. When none showed itself, she padded quietly up to him and pushed her head into his hand as a greeting before she turned and knocked over the plotted plant next to her door to reveal a key which she nudged towards him before sitting and looking up as if to say 'well are you going to open my door or not?'

He looked and saw Kastra in her other form. He nodded to her as she touched the potted plant. Andrew took the key from the plant and unlocked the door. As he walked in he set his coat on the couch and sat down. "I'll wait here while you change." Andrew didn't seem to be bothered by the fact that she was in her other form. It was like he was comfortable with it. He looked around the small apartment and began to walk around while Kastra changed. Andrew looked into her room for a moment and saw his picture, then he smiled. Then he sat down again and waited for her.

The panther trotted in and disappeared behind the changing screen and slowly she lifted up so that her head popped up over the top of it, grinning as she stretched her naked body as it finished popping back into place before she disappeared again, pulling on a pair of over sized pajama pants and a simple tank. Stepping out from behind the screen she looked at Andrew, then, blushing, she turned away towards the refrigerator. "Would you like anything to drink Andrew? I'm sad to say that I don't have anything to eat here. I keep most of my food in my office," she called as she pulled out a sports drink and waited for his answer.

"I'm fine", Andrew replied. He relaxed in his spot and waited for her to sit down. His posture was poor and he looked like he had a heavy load to bear. Only this time it wasn't his past. He set his hands on his chest and looked up at the ceiling. For a moment he popped his neck and looked at her as she sat down. "I want to talk about ourselves, I barely know you at all." He looked at her then laid back against the arm rest, signalling her to lay with him. "What do you think we should talk about first?"

Kastra blinked a few times before she slowly shifted onto the couch. Looking at him as he relaxed, she then laid back with him. Because of how small the couch was, she had to more or less push her body against his to keep from falling off. She even went as far as to grab his shirt as insurance against falling. "Um, well, I suppose favorites would be a good place to start. You can learn a lot about a person by what their favorite things are. Why don't you start?"

He could tell she was uncomfortable but he liked the feel of his skin against hers. Andrew began to think about his favorite things in his life. Art, movies, T.V., plenty of things. "Well I like Noir type movies, art, poker." He went on to talk about some other things that weren't really relevant or really that interesting. He shifted a bit to make Kastra more comfortable and put his arms around her. "So, how about you?"

Kastra listened and then started to relax as she felt the arms wrap around her. A bright smile lit her face before she looked down, resting her cheek against his chest. "Poker's fun. I prefer Texas Hold 'Em myself. I love running in my other form. To fly over land at speeds that won't be matched by any human and just feeling all my senses move about, it is impressive to say the least,"she said before she started on about other favorites like he did, just rambling him off as she relaxed. Pulling herself to a stop finally she looked at him and blushed. "Was that too much?"

Andrew listened intently on what she was saying. It was so interesting to hear something so odd. She had lived a completely different life from anyone he had met. She was a panther, yet she had a human likeness. Andrew had discovered the most beautiful thing in the world. Not even the seven wonders of the world would match up to her. The part that put down his thoughts, is who else knew. Andrew put his chin on top of is head and closed his eyes not ever wanting this moment to pass. After she asked him if that's enough he interlocked his fingers on top of her stomach. "That's about it", Andrew said smiling. "Tell me about your past." Andrew swallowed hard unknowing of how she would react.

"My ... past?" she asked, blinking a few times before looking up at him with a surprised expression. Averting her gaze she thought about those two words and what they entailed. Quickly she came up with an answer. "I-I suppose it would be important to start with that. Um, I'm the daughter of a shift like me and a human mother. At least that's what I could find out. Pa took me when they found out I could shift and I was raised by him until I was about ten-ish. He-He got shot by a hunter while we were playing in the woods one day. I spent the next couple of years floating around until I figured out what I wanted to do. I ended up being a child under care of the government for about a year and a half before I esca-was given to a foster family who brought me up as their own and then I got to school and learned I wanted to teach and here I am. My past."

Andrew held her close, not anything to come between them. It was strange, he had never been so close and loving to any other of his girlfriends. He treated them as items, or toys. He didn't even know how he got so many at one point. Andrew cheated, stole, and did things a person shouldn't do. "I'm sorry", Andrew said this not knowing what else to say. All he wanted to do is go the rest of his life like this. Sadly, he needed to know more before he could continue. "I lost contact with my parents a while back, haven't talked to them since." He really couldn't relate to Kastra other than with those words. Andrew never knew what it was like to be a foster child, or have a parent die. "You said something about being caged up, who else knows about you?"

The woman flinched from the question before biting her bottom lip. "The government is aware of my abilities. They kept me for a time and did a little of this and a little of that before I was given to the family on the condition that I never let them know what happened or what I was. If I could pull that off then I was allowed to go free after I turned eighteen but I have no doubt they still know where I am," she said with a small shrug of her shoulders. "Other than the handlers I had during my stay under the government no one but you knows."