49th Hunger Games

Eric stepped into the arena and watched the other tributes practice. He saw some girl throwing knives, a girl and a boy practicing archery, and some girl clumsily holding a sword. Eric scanned and decided to head to the girl near the swords. He could tell she would be easy prey, but his conscience was screaming at him. He didn't look a hero, more like a hoodlum if you saw him on the streets, but he was a good person inside. He sighed and resigned himself to the fact that he WOULD help the girl, and she most likely WOULD slow him down, but.... he didn't care. He stepped forwards, flashing a halfhearted grin. 'Hey.... You're going to stab yourself if you hold your blade that way." He cursed himself as soon as the words left his mouth. He had never had good social skills and this wouldn't help. She'd probably think he was crazy. Despite this he stepped closer, and moved her hands to the way they were supposed to be. He then turned to the rack and picked out a promising looking sword. He hefted it and swung it a few times. District 11 wasn't known for anything like axes or something, but he'd always had fascination with blades, especially swords. From hard farm work, he had developed a strong upper body. Using farm implements he'd taught himself how to use a spear (A broken hoe handle) and a sword (a rusty sickle). He scratched his scraggly beard and peered at the young blonde girl. He turned quickly and looked at the other tributes again. He saw two guys at a station and he KNEW he should've gone to another person. But she looked so vulnerable. He sighed again. He was stuck with her, and who knows? She might know a thing or two. His mother had always taught him not to underestimate anyone.

Farren:
Farren turned around and saw a dummy. It wasn't that close to her, a little far, actually. She hefted the axe, and looked at the dummy. She brought her arm back, then threw the axe at the dummy with moderate precision. She didn't expect to cut the dummy's arm completely off, as she stared at it with complete surprise. I can do that?! Maybe it was because of the hunting she did back at home with a bow and arrows which caused her to hit the dummy with somewhat precision. She didn't realise she was that strong either. She didn't look strong at all, but looks can be deceiving, no?

Vee:

Vee didn't want to be too cocky, so she walked to the knot-tying station.

Alexandra:

Alex looked up at him in shock. She honestly hadn't expected to get THIS much attention, or help. "How should I hold it then?" She asked, looking down at the smooth steel that rested in her palm

"Well... First, we should get a swrod that isn't too... um, big for you." He plucked a smaller, lighter sword from the rack. "Try this. Give it a few swings. Tell me how it feels. It should be comfortable and light enough for you to but not too light hat you swing it and goes flying, know what I mean?"

Alexandra:

Alex nodded, and placed the sword in the now empty spot on the rack, picking the new one up. She gave it a light swing, away from the male tribute of course. "Why are you helping me?" She asked, and looked up at him

Eric looked down to the young girl. He knew he would feel horrible if he left her to die. "I'm helping you because... because you need help. It's the right thing to do, no? " He grinned. "Someone's got to be the Underdog team that shocks the world, right?"

She seemed a bit shocked at this, but slowly nodded. "I...I think we can do it then..." She said, and looked over at Dice. "I...I will be right back..." She said, and walked over to Dice

Eric was confused and stared after her. I shouldn't have come to her. Looks like she already has an ally. He shrugged and began practicing his swordmanship on a dummy, striking the head and neck. He thrusted and swung, with amazing strength and reflexes.

Skylar

Skylar walks into the training room, she knew she was late but didn't care. She ignores everyone in the room, walking confidently through them without so much as a glance.
In her own district this behavior was completely unthinkable when connected to Skylar. She was a friendly, loving, gentle girl and was always trying to make friends.
Skylar's attitude had changed, she was not here to make friends. She knew there was absolutely no reason to befriend these people. In a few days she'd be hunting them.
Skylar knew she shouldn't show off her best talents, so she heads over to the knot tying station and selects a simple bit of rope.

Jack

Jack was starting to get thirsty so he ran to get a water bottle. He was distracted by the others who trained and accidentally trips over one of the weights and slams into one of the tables that was in the Knot section in front of Skylar. " ouch" He says holding his head as he stands back up " sorry about that"

Vee:

Vee started to tie a lnot, which she wasn't bad at, when Skylar came up to the knot tying station. She ignored her, knowing she would be alone in the Games she didn't even try to make friends anymore.

Farren:
After her astonishment had passed, she picked up the axe and put it back on the shelf. She looked around at the stations, and saw that their was a station where you learned to build fires. Building fires was easy, when the wood wasn't damp. She decided to go to the memorization station. She had to not only train herself mentally, but also physically. She could not underestimate her opponents.

Ronin:
Ronin had been one of the first down with his district partner Breanne, but spent most of the time sitting off to the side, still tired from not being able to sleep last night. He looked around, trying to choose a station to start with. Eventually his eyes settled on the parkour station. He'd seen one of the older tributes at the station earlier, running through the course with a spear and decided he'd try it. He stood at the starting line and bolted through, managing to vault and slide through almost every obstacle without breaking stride, coming to a rest on one of the upper platforms, panting slightly as a slight smile came across his face. "That was fun" he thought.

Jack
Jack watches as another girl walks up the station , He watches as she begins to work on a Knot " you think your gonna need knots in the games? " he says trying to start a conversation.

Dice
Mean while dice was at the sword station holding two swords and standing in front one of the training dummy's. He begins to slash away , He begins to smile as he begins to move faster before doing a spin and slicing the dummy's head off. He kicks the head into the air and flings his sword to pin it to a near by wall.​

Vee

Vee glances over at Jack "Well, if I'm in a tree I want to be able to tie my self securely to it." She says and continues to tie.

Jack
He nods his head " i see" Jack holds out his hand " my names jack " he says with a smile.​

Vee
Vee hesitates but finally shakes his hand. "Vee." She says.

Jack

Jack smirks when Vee hesitates to shake his hand . "dont worry vee , i dont bite" he say chuckling. " i saw you over at the daggers earlier , your pretty good "​

Vee

She smiles. "Thank you, you're pretty good at hand-to hand combat yourself."