40k The Sisk Incident OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
A fucking water landing? Really?

Damnit. Gonna have to get creative to get Zero out of this one..

Since I cut my post shorter than it could have been I will explain what happened to save some confusion.

A tech priests robes are waterproof, meant to keep chemicals and oils from staining. The mechadendrites held the oversized robe while another used that tank of pressurized air from life support to inflate it. From there they floated to the surface like some creepy red thing from the abyss and with the help of the dendrites like tentacles swam/floated to shore.

Water. In 40k.

I've never recalled a situation with an ocean or something in this setting. Ork subs and battleships, I've seen models of. But not this.

Edit: if anyone wants to use the floating tech priest for a raft they're welcome to grab a dangling dendrite and float along. Just don't go overboard with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The closest thing I can come up with is the end of Ciaphas Cain: The Traitor's Hand. He lands on a giant ship meant to dredge up minerals at the bottom of a sea, though aside from it's location, it has little to do with the water.

Also, a note on the posting: there is no posting order, I just want you guys to post at least once in between my posts.

The closest thing I can come up with is the end of Ciaphas Cain: The Traitor's Hand. He lands on a giant ship meant to dredge up minerals at the bottom of a sea, though aside from it's location, it has little to do with the water.

Also, a note on the posting: there is no posting order, I just want you guys to post at least once in between my posts.
That's it! From the Cain novel. The same one where he kills a astartes and everyone hails him as a hero.

Yeah, he faces two World Eaters Marines (on different occasions), the first gets wrecked by Jurgen and his meltagun, but everyone chalks up the kill to Cain. The second was on the dredger ship. The World Eater was almost dead and Cain managed to stab him in an already exposed weak spot.

That's also the book where he becomes the patron saint to a fringe sect of Tallarns.

Reactions: Windsong
Just going by my knowledge of real world gyro jet firearms and actual guns a broken firing pin couldn't create a grenade. Just a misfire.

Even if it misfired all it would do is eject the round like normal. A bolter doesn't fire bullets. It fires miniature rockets that accelerate outside of the barrel, usually reaching peak speed and maximum penetrating power at a certain range, unlike bullets that begin slowing down as soon as they leave the barrel.

Shut up, I'm super tired today.

• Love
Reactions: Mako Torriblaidd
Just going by my knowledge of real world gyro jet firearms and actual guns a broken firing pin couldn't create a grenade. Just a misfire.

Even if it misfired all it would do is eject the round like normal. A bolter doesn't fire bullets. It fires miniature rockets that accelerate outside of the barrel, usually reaching peak speed and maximum penetrating power at a certain range, unlike bullets that begin slowing down as soon as they leave the barrel.

Shut up, I'm super tired today.
Ya I realized that after I had posted but was hoping no one would notice, though I have to ask why you added that last comment to your reply, it seems a bit unneeded.

It's his nature, don't take it as an offence. It's really an apology.

• Thank You
Reactions: Windsong
It's his nature, don't take it as an offence. It's really an apology.
Alright, it almost got out of hand, like I had a page and a half written due to stuff like that being said to people here where I am being a big offense because it sounds like you are talking down to them when people only have that right if you are said persons parent but I digress it was a good thing I chilled out and thought about the situation for a second.

On a unrelated note has anyone tried the mango lays chips, the taste is weird as hell.

I felt this a decent read. Fitting since Adrian was a Commissar for Krieg.

6r5739.png

• Thank You
Reactions: Dakota K5
I'm just shitpoating that I have 687 points of an IG army! Woooooooo

Are we going to fight chaos space marines?

tumblr_nkt3vl1dL71u19hiso1_400.jpg

tumblr_mmp13fVtUY1rji3x6o1_400.jpg

As for CSM, probably not. I'll post tomorrow.

The fact the Emperor of Mankind is Turkish.

The fact the Emperor of Mankind is Turkish.
Genetically he's likely Caucasoid, since all borders have likely since ceased to exit. Government is on a planetary scale. Wonder if specific countries even exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.