40k The Sisk Incident OOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all means, welcome! There's plenty of room for more.

If anyone here has a sense of humor I highly suggest reading through this thread.

Try to keep a straight face.
I fucking dare you.

15rfura.png

Our favorite tech priest is going to end up hating Adrian by the end of the RP I can feel it.

Our only tech priest is going to end up hating Adrian by the end of the RP I can feel it.
Fixed that for ya'!

Besides, where's the fun of a story without some drama and internal conflict?

The pilot is going to be hated soon enough... When he makes a lasgun into a melta bomb...

The pilot is going to be hated soon enough... When he makes a lasgun into a melta bomb...
There is no possible way you can turn a las weapon into a melta bomb, simply by virtue of 'Las ≠ Melta' (you cannot convert the power of las cells to produce the superheated properties of a melta weapon). A generic energy bomb on the other hand....

tumblr_mgh6uhrajt1rue4a1o1_500.jpg

*Grabs popKhorne and waits*

Sorry for the late post. I was hampered by a case of the lazies/procrastination/minor writer's block.

Funny. I was literally just looking at the threads in case I missed an alert.

Edit: Zero wasn't helping the commissar out of inability. They just felt folks with actual military training are better suited to handling prisoners.

All these stereotypes :c

Poor Zero.

@Dakota K. , only going to make a comment on this once. So don't get your standard issue trousers in a bunch.

Split up your wall of text into paragraphs, reading a wall of text is difficult enough, trying to sift it out into something we can reply to is a bit harder.

I know loads of people that use asterisks to denote action, but it doesn't have place in the rest of your writing. Simply breaking the sentence and adding; Adrian turns to speak to Ray. "Blah blah blam blah blah." Is a bit more proper and keeps your posts from looking slapped together.

Maybe it's just me but Adrian's comment and slight hostility towards Zero seem completely unwarranted, unless he can somehow read their inner thoughts or face beneath a robe and metallic mask. In an RPG we call that meta-gaming, where you use your knowledge and put it into your characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dakota K. , only going to make a comment on this once. So don't get your standard issue trousers in a bunch.

Split up your wall of text into paragraphs, reading a wall of text is difficult enough, trying to sift it out into something we can reply to is a bit harder.

I know loads of people that use asterisks to denote action, but it doesn't have place in the rest of your writing. Simply breaking the sentence and adding; Adrian turns to speak to Ray. "Blah blah blam blah blah." Is a bit more proper and keeps your posts from looking slapped together.
Ok, why are you just now saying something about it now and say not when I first started writing? It's fine and all I don't care how I write so I will start splinting them up if you all would prefer it but laziness is a real strong reason I didn't in the first place. It's part of the whole "Act like not a commissar thing" I was going with as a commissar wouldn't have open hostility to anyone unless the were a traitor/coward and also don't "talk" to me like I am ignorant and don't understand these things.

Last edited:
Ok, why are you just now saying something about it now and say not when I first started writing? It's fine and all I don't care how I write so I will start splinting them up if you all would prefer it but laziness is a real strong reason I didn't in the first place.
I added a bit more when you were posting. Give it a glance before I respond.

Ok, why are you just now saying something about it now and say not when I first started writing? It's fine and all I don't care how I write so I will start splinting them up if you all would prefer it but laziness is a real strong reason I didn't in the first place. It's part of the whole "Act like not a commissar thing" I was going with as a commissar wouldn't have open hostility to anyone unless the were a traitor/coward and also don't "talk" to me like I am ignorant and don't understand these things.
Because I was being polite and expecting you to adapt to how the rest of us were posting, that's why. Benefit of the doubt.

At least you're honest, but so am I. Being lazy is a really stupid excuse. I'm lazy but I still want my writing to be good and fun to read by those reading them. Maybe I don't speak for everyone else but very few people will tolerate someone being purposefully lazy with their writing. If you were an RP partner of mine I would've cut it off unless something changed.

I'm not "talking" to you, I'm talking to you like I would anyone else. None of my comments suggested anywhere you were ignorant, only pointing out what I felt it was.

There's no reason to be hostile about criticism. I'm sure we'd all be more than happy to help make it constructive and better you as a writer and roleplayer.

Because I was being polite and expecting you to adapt to how the rest of us were posting, that's why. Benefit of the doubt.

At least you're honest, but so am I. Being lazy is a really stupid excuse. I'm lazy but I still want my writing to be good and fun to read by those reading them. Maybe I don't speak for everyone else but very few people will tolerate someone being purposefully lazy with their writing. If you were an RP partner of mine I would've cut it off unless something changed.

I'm not "talking" to you, I'm talking to you like I would anyone else. None of my comments suggested anywhere you were ignorant, only pointing out what I felt it was.

There's no reason to be hostile about criticism. I'm sure we'd all be more than happy to help make it constructive and better you as a writer and roleplayer.
I understand that some of the things I said sounded hostile and please do understand they were not meant that way I hate arguing with people and I said "talking" like that due to it sounding childish (in my head anyway) to say "don't type to me like I am ignorant." Plus the way I read the sentence you typed sounded in my head like it was condescending and for the life of me I don't know why I get that vibe when reading you posts addressed to me here and like I said I have no damn clue why as I don't get that vibe from anyone else I've met on here even the people who are condescending assholes on this site. Most RPers I have been in never said anything about the structure of my writing so I guess it's also formed into a habit and no one corrected it. I am not trying to start anything, always understand that when I post on our OCC page here that it's never in anger of frustration.

Status
Not open for further replies.