⌠2nd Xplorer⌡

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Whatever you say, Aivery," Lento smirked, before directing his red-eyed gaze towards the pathway before them. "Let's continue on, yeah?"

And, with that, he began to walk forwards, taking light, careful steps.

Lento's next step was so light that he felt something strange. It was like... he was pressing a boob with his foot. BOOM. A huge hole cracks the roof, a stall falls down with some barrels and fruits. BUMP. Lento feels a huge pressure when he finally open his eyes: a massive man was unconcious above him.

The man that had fallen, groaned wearily in his unconscious state. But remained unmoving, aside from his hand tightening around the greataxe that was in his hand. It took a few moments, but he shook his head, and looked up, "Useless, architects..." He muttered, as he tried to push himself off the ground. As he stood up, he looked down at who he had landed on. He went wide eyed, as he looked down. Despite being well versed in common, he was still not very bright, or perceptive. He seemed to panic slightly, as he stared at what he thought was a lifeless corpse. "No, no...why?" He muttered in anger, and distress. It seemed the giant of a man, was easily fooled in this case.

It was less light and more...soft? As he took the first step and felt the floor give away a bit, the archer thought that he had somehow stepped into a trap. Indeed, soon afterwards, an explosion was heard above him, and the archer was instantly flattened by...

He could hear an unfamiliar voice sounding, a booming, loud, deep, masculine voice muttering. Fucking fatass piece of shit. His arrows better still be alright after this. Lento felt like his ribs were bruised, and that his back was sore, but outside of that, it felt like he was still alive. A surprise, considering how the man that had fell on him looked like he belonged in one of those circus shows, featuring strongmen who lifted up benches full of people.

"Oi, mind getting off me before you write me off as dead?" He spoke in a surly tone, obviously displeased with the misfortune constantly thrown in his direction.

The giant tower of flesh, and muscle looked down at the man, and seemed suddenly excited. He stood up, but in the process, wrapped the guy up in a hug. He seemed more than delighted to have not slaughtered another person, that wasn't trying to kill him. "I didn't kill you! That's the first time I fell on someone, and didn't shatter their neck, or spine!" He said happily, before releasing the other.

He paused a moment to think, which for the barbarian was at times, a hard thing to do. "I am Hallbjörn, of the Rassmussen clan." He said more seriously, as he held his great axe with both hands now. "I can repay you, for crushing you. I will fight for you." He offered proudly, while a tad blindly, and stupidly. "I crush, all who oppose me, and are not you."

Aivery stood in shock of the whole event. Where Lento was a second ago was now occupied by a much bigger man. Actually was it a man? He was much larger than all the other humans he has seen before. Well regardless, that wasn't the important part right now. Snapping back to his senses, he ran towards Lento.

"Hey, are you alright?" The halfling asked. He could always heal him after all if something was wrong.

It didn't seem like we was too badly injured, but it was better to be safe than sorry. Suddenly, a wave of annoyance washed over him. He just cleaned Lento, and now he was dirty again!

"Why did you have to go off and get all dirty again!?" Aivery then turned to the barbarian.

"Why don't you repay me for all the magic I spent making him nice and clean!?" The priest squawked.

Hallbjörn shrugged as he was questioned, on how he would repay the bird halfling. He didn't know the answer, but he pushed his great axe forward a bit to present it. Moments later he pulled back close to him, "I will pay with my blade. Just the same as I do, for man I crush." He explained simply, yet proudly. He purposefully took the time, to flex his arms, showing off his primary talent. Which was, unmatched strength.

"Please, this a cave. Let me fight for you. This is a dangerous place, whole town say so. I will let you take whatever we find." Hallbjörn made his final, and defining offer. As he stood with his axe in hand, a slight grin on his face. He seemed more than formidable as a warrior, and his posture showed that he was not one to ever give in, or break a promise. He was a fighter, a stupid, and easily manipulated one. But still a fighter. It was just good luck, he had fallen on these two, rather than something else in the cave.

"Didn't even ask for the cleaning though," Lento said, smirking at Aivery. Getting up and brushing off some rubble, the archer looked over Hallbjorn with an appraising eye. The man definitely looked like he was lacking in the brains and common sense department, but still, as someone who needed meatshields in order to be the most effective, the blond was happy with the party's latest acquisition.

"Welp, works for me, if everyone else is fine with it. Looks like you got some competition, eh, Ron?"

And with that, he motioned the three swordsmen in their party to lead the way. Lento's had enough with derping about and getting randomly squashed.

Ron scratched his cheek and gave a looong look at Rina, both exchanging thougths without words. "So... Hall... something, isn't?" He asked to the muscle-man.

"Well, I guess you can help us out." Aivery said while turning his back away, arms crossed.

He was actually really glad to have him on board, but was still mad about the whole dirtying Lento thing. Now there were three melee fighters to protect him. But then again, that was three melee attackers to try to keep alive, plus Lento and Nathalia. Partly satisfied, he went back to the group's rear. He would clean them, but they would probably find some way to get dirty again.

Hallbjörn turned to face the two, looking curious, "Yes, puny ones? I am Hallbjörn." He asked calmly what they wanted, and also gave his name, as he stood there. He seemed to give no shits, about the current situation, nor if he upset the two. He just stood proudly holding his great axe, waiting for something to happen. "Can we please go? My axe demands something to slash, or crush."

"Oh shit," Lento exclaimed, facepalming when he realized that he missed such an important point, "What are we going to do about this giant ass opening to the sewer now? You know, maybe we shouldn't give a massive entrance for those insects to hop out of?"

Nathalia steps forward, looking to the huge hole with a pained expression. "Maybe someone noticed and is in his way to cover that hole with... something?"

Ron smirks at Hall's courage and points to the way everyone was proceeding. "That way, Hallbjörn." His smirk felt like a hunter that finally found his most prized game.

"Simple solution to hole problem. Kill all the insects that are here. Then there is no more insect problem." Hallbjörn remarked calmly. To him the plan sounded genius, but that was just because he got to kill things. Yet as he was ordered to lead the way, he shrugged, and began walking as he was told to do. After all, he had given his services to the group, he was going to follow them, and their orders like a dog. Except a very giant dog, with a giant axe, and giant muscles. "So what is the problem down here? Just bugs, or are there other thing?"

From the back of the party line, Aivery responded.

"Yah, more or less. Buggy sort of looking things that may be bacteria I guess?"

He actually didn't understand a word what the other two were talking about when they where at the inn. All he knew was that he was helping them, and by helping them innocent people wouldn't have to be sacrificed.

"Oh! Be careful of their though. More importantly, their attacks to your clothes." He warned the barbarian with a red face, remembering his first fight. "They uh... like to rip them."

Hallbjörn roared with laughter when the mention of clothing was brought up. He couldn't believe that was the one thing he would have to worry about, "I only wear armor, I should be fine!" He said proudly, as he gestured to his chest piece, and then to his kilt. "This kilt is maid of chainmail. The fur is only their to keep my legs, and other parts warm. Should they rip through chainmail, then I would be worried." He explained, still laughing every now and then as he did. However he did calm down after a short while. Finally his laughing ceasing for the most part.

"We will be fine, that I am sure off. Besides, things are replaceable. People are not." He said wisely. Of course no one else would know, but he only said that from memory, of what his great grandfather had told him. Unlike his great grandfather though, he was dull as could be. The sharpest thing he had, was his blade, not his wits.

Proceeding with the exploration, the group find themselves in another corridor. Two bifurcations could be seen from afar, some eyes still lingered through the sewer.

"So, which way?" Rina was right behind Ron, Nathalia at her side.

"Well what choice do we have, other than forward?" Hallbjörn asked, as he started walking down the only direction there was available. Which was south, down the hallway. He showed no fear, as he walked into the unknown. Ready for both battle, and whatever other hell could be thrown his way.

Because his careslesness, Hallbjörn sprung two traps: a sewing blade and a sudden pit.

(Roll your Class Dice)

Hallbjörn heard the sounds as he sprung two different traps at once. In panic, he did his best to try and avoid them. Attempting at the very least, to leap out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.