⌠2nd Xplorer⌡

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I go, where you go. I will not be able to fight well though, I don't feel well after that encounter. I am already at loss for my hand axe, and only have my great axe now." Hallbjörn replied, as he finally set down the man he had been carrying all this way. "Try not to get stabbed in the leg anymore, will you?"

Checking out the chest, Aivery didn't see anything wrong with it. But that didn't mean there wasn't something bad inside.

"I'd say lets open this, but I'm not so sure. I don't want it to be a tentacle monster in disguise or something."

Turning towards Hallbjörn, Aivery gave him a smile. He cracked his knuckles as he began to recharge his magic.

"Don't you worry, I'm sure I have a spell or two that could heal you up... probably, if you want that is." Aivery suggested.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Really, you think I would deny healing? I'm probably dying." Hallbjörn replied with a slight chuckle. He pulled his axe off his back. "Here, let me check that chest. I heard legend, of chests that would turn into monsters, and attack. Least I can do, if I am going to die, is make sure that if it is a monster, I can hold it off long enough for you to live."

A simple wooden chest, nothing would happen... And nothing did happened. Hall is greeted by the sight of a few gold coins scattered in the chest. If the muscle wizard touchs the coins he'll find some valuable gems, adding more to the treasure overall.

"Well, we can deal with that soon... What do you think, Rina?" Ron looked to his companion, waiting for a favorable response in an 'I already heard that story before' tone.

"Well, I can't say I have seen one of those monsters before but I've heard a rumour about a monster that feeds on pain of its victims. If that one is a 'tentacled pain' then it is high probable that it wants to make the girl lasts more; even if it impales or cut her vocal cords, it can regenerate the damage to keep the girl alive." Rina explained like a high schooler repeating what she heard in class.

"What are the chances of we encountering more of those maidens?" "Ah... Hmm... 85%?" "Great..."

Hallbjörn looked at the treasure, and gave a sigh. Finally, something that wasn't trying to kill him! Reaching down he took a large handful of coins, and gems, putting in a small coin purse he had on his hip. He left the rest however, for the rest of the party to take, he didn't count how many he took, but considering the size of his hand, it was likely a lot more than anyone else could manage.

"Well if they feed off pain, then you just need to remove, and or kill the victim, sadly. Which was my intention, but sadly I failed. Our best bet now, is to avoid them. If we don't, well, you can have fun getting tossed around like I did. I'm not doing that again."

"That's the trick: it claims the nearest humanoid as its new victim." Rina crosses her arms behind her head. "Then you yourself would be a new toy to it."

Wow. The one time they open a door normally, they get a chest that actually has loot in it.

But why the hell was there loot in sewers? Geez, this is getting weirder by the second. Taking his share of gems and coins as well, which was to say, everything that he could fit in his coin pouch, Lento stroked his non-existent beard as he listened to Rina's little lesson on the monster that they had just encountered.

"Actually, how DOES that thing heal its victims? It doesn't seem to know magic, and I'd imagine that it'd be rather useful for us if we can exploit that healing ability of its..."

Aivery's eyes lit up at the shiny coins and gems. Besides the fact that it wasn't something bad, this also meant they could afford cleaner places to stay at! Well, they would have to escape here alive first of course, but after that it would be smooth, clean sailing. But first thing's first, he had to heal Hallbjörn up!

"Alright, here comes the healing!"

Doing a little bit of stretching first, he then extended both arms towards Hallbjörn. He began saying something, but they came out more as sounds a bird would make than actual human speech.

Hallbjörn laughed a bit at Rina's remark, thinking back to his tribe, "Trust me, wouldn't be the first time I had to spend time getting abused, and injured. You should have met the woman I was supposed to marry. She was nice, for the most part...it was when you went to bed, that things got strange." He said with a slight laugh. "I'm sure I would have been fine."

"Uhm... do anyone have any kind of detection magic... for those gems?" Nathalia shyly remarks. "Once a group got hold of a handful of gems and they all exploded some time later... They didn't had a mage..."

"Use that?" Rina pffts. "Right, right, I didn't knew you swinged that way too, mighty archer." Then she proceeds to poke Lento's belly. "A tentacle monster like that have chemicals that induce addictness and mind control; that girl there probably have a mind strong enough to avoid being controlled, but she is also feeling all the pleasure inibitors working in her body. Imagine dozens of little worms and spiders crawling inside your body and you completely incapable of screaming..." Rina looks to the roof and sighs. "Tough times."

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.