⌠2nd Xplorer⌡

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tch." It was a bad move on his part, huh? Lento grinned bitterly as he drew three arrows out of his quiver, grasping two of them in the palm of his hand while aiming with the third. Sounded like there were a lot of insects in the sewers. Hopefully he had enough arrows to spare for the hordes.

"There, I think I see an exit!" Nathalia pointed to the opposite direction, a ill-lit corridor exactly like the one they where in.

A new type of insect appears: the winged. When the group tries the other direction, this new insect rushes through them with a big needle pointed from its abdomen to Lento's face.

What the fuck's with all these crits? As this new, flying freak reared it's ugly ass towards Lento, the archer decided that the best option at this point would be to jump backwards, towards Rina and Ron. Hopefully, they'd intercept the bee-like insect for him, yeah? Or maybe his backstep would be enough to evade it entirely.

As Lento's jump back a new eye phases through the faraway wall in the end of the corridor; everyone notices it.

"Rina, that way!" Ron orders, and Rina jump at her target without a second thought.

... but she's blocked! Nathalia keeps her distance and Ron readies himself in case of the other insects come too near.

Good, he dodged it. Feet skidding against the slimy rock floor, Lento readied his bow once more, aiming for the flying insect that would cause the swordsmen in the group no small amount of grief. Sparing three seconds to read the pattern of that monster's movement, he loosed an arrow, hoping to at least clip one of its wings.

Lento's arrow pierces not the wing but all his target, from head to tail. Nathalia rushes forward.

Finally, all of Aivery's offensive magic had been charged just long enough for a fight. By the time he payed attention to whats around him however, it seemed the battle had started already. He noticed two things, a giant shadow of what seemed to be multiple insects headed his way, and a phased wall to potentially run away to.

Needless to say, he ran towards the phased wall while firing a laser into the mass of shadows.

Aivery's beam of light hit some of the insects but they don't seem to slow down. Nathalia follows the bird priest and both find themselves in an empty room. The walls looked cleaner.

Ron and Rina choose the other way, going into the corner and throwing grenades at the shadow.

Right as the flying insect reared in for another attack, Lento's arrow struck true, skewering it and causing it to drop dead at his feet. With a quick pull, he wrestled his arrow free from the carapace of the dead insect, before turning around to see how the others were doing.

Oh. Shit.

They were splitting up?

While Ron and Rina, their trusty swordsmen of the frontline, rushed at some odd shadowy figure in the corner to the left, Aivery and Nathalia turned left and jumping through an illusionary wall. Man, this party really isn't good at vocalizing their plans, huh? Running after them, the blond archer decided that he wanted a piece of that shadow-monster as well. Through the smoke of the grenades that Ron and Rina tossed, the young man shot the same arrow that he killed the insect with at the shadowy being, hoping for a hit.

And hey, if the insects WERE giant bacteria, perhaps he'd even get a blight!

Lento's arrow hit true, destroying a full globe of shadow at the big monster's side. It retreated fast, travelling all the corridor in blinks-of-the-eye. A few moments of peace?

"Hey, there's more here!" Rina screams, coming back with a black Ron right after her. It looked like the man had sprung an oil trap.

"Wh-what should we do, Priest Aivery?"

The elf posed a good question. They could stay and hope the monsters go by, or continue on with the others and finish this quest faster. Actually, only one of those things sounded like the right answer.

"We go help them out of course! Just stick by me or Lento so you don't get hurt!"

He grabbed Nathalia's sleeve and headed towards the swordsmen.

A big, shit-eating grin was on Lento's face as part of the shadow-monster pretty much exploded from the force of the arrow. Was this thing made out of paper? Or was Lento simply this good? Clearly, it was the latter. Filled with confidence from that beautiful shot, the archer readied another, intent on slaying the beast...when it disappeared in the blink of an eye, melting into the shadows of the sewer.

Aivery and Nathalia were back though, and, as Lento fired another arrow, this time towards the insects, he shouted, "What was in there anyways?"

Lento's arrow flew fast and skewered other insect that was a few centimeters from Ron's head. Aivery and Nathalia seen the insect being killed right after crossing the phase wall.

"Whew, that's hard! I can only use this baby because reasons, but this is insane!" Raged Rina, sitting on the musky floor. "We couldn't walk even a few meters before this trap comes and hug Ron!"

"Calm down a little." Rejoiced Ron. "Are you all fine? Good. We have to choose the next step..."

"Woah, nice hit Lento!" Aivery cheered.

It seemed the bugs from before left too, which was a great thing for them. Although now he was a little worried about what they left to go do.

"Well with my last decision, I'd say it would be safe for you guys to decide."

He wouldn't want to drag them into another empty room by accident. Or even worse, a room filled with enemies.

"Trap magnet Ron, eh," Lento said, a bemused smile on his face. He was feeling rather good at the moment, having gotten two kills in just three arrows. Much better than his track record yesterday. Perhaps Aivery's pastries were lucky or something?

Shaking out his hand, he suggested, pointing towards the direction that the shadow-monster had retreated towards, "I think we should go straight forwards. Don't know what that shadow thing was about, but I want to kill it before it recuperates from its injuries."

"Then it's decided. Aivery, can you please do something about this?" Ron approaches the bird halfling.

"Also, don't touch the traps!" Rina laughs, dragging her greatsword with the blade pointed forwards.

"Don't you worry, I'll have you as clean as can be!" Aivery boasted.

With his book flipping to the right page via magic, he concentrated on one of the more cleanlier spells he had for use on people.

"Bubble Scrub!" The Halfling shouted.

Bubbles shot out from under the priest's wings. They quickly floated over and covered Lento, absorbing all the dirt that was on his clothes and under them. Finished with the quick wash, they floated a good distance away before popping.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oi," Lento said, a displeased expression on his face. "You realize that Ron's the one that fell into the oil trap, right?"

Clearly, his spell didn't go the right way.

"I-I meant to do that, your stench just made me think you were in the more dire need of cleaning!" He squawked to defend himself.

Face tinged a slight red, he tried to cast the spell again.

"Bubble... Scrub!" He cast again.

Bubbles shot out from under the priest's wings. They quickly floated over and covered Ron, absorbing all the dirt that was on his clothes and under them. Finished with the quick wash, they floated a good distance away before popping.

Status
Not open for further replies.