Esper, Magician or Neither?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so we can add any object we want to our characters after the CS is accepted, as long as we have some sort of IC explanation for it? Cool.

That being said, why is the Yata no Kagami capable of reflecting esper abilities? I was under the assumption that esper and magic abilities had a habit of not working well in regards to each other? And doesn't the existence of Laevateinn mean that you can screw over any magician simply by, I don't know, walking into their Opila rune?

Ah, so we can add any object we want to our characters after the CS is accepted, as long as we have some sort of IC explanation for it? Cool.
That's fine I guess i'll update IC tommorrow since today is Easter.

Well, the Yata no Kagami is a japanese legendary item, one of the three Imperial Regalia said to be used by the gods themselves. Traditionally in Japanese legend, mirrors were supposed to be able to tell the true nature of something, since they reflected exactly what they saw. I decided that this meant that any Idol Theory'd mirror would be able to break illusions to some extent (a really weak version of Imagine Breaker). With the Yata no Kagami being a super relic version of a mirror, I decided to up that strength a bit. Since magical shields are capable of blocking esper powers and esper abilities allow them to avoid magical attacks I thought it seemed reasonable. I mean it proves that they can interact with each other. If they couldn't then world war 3 would be ultimately rather pointless :D

As for Laevateinn, the staff requires that the user knows exactly how the entire spell works, so only people who know every spell in existence can use it. Normally this would be only Index. The mirror allows Haruka to see the spells as their base code rather than their normal appearance, so she can read that code and figure out exactly how the spell works. Essentially the only people currently alive who can use it are Index and Haruka, the latter of whom will be conveniently misplacing the staff as soon as we get to an appropriate point in the story. For now it's just a way for her to draw the attention of the other characters and initiate some conversation. I mean its not every day someone walks into town holding a red-hot chunk of metal as if it were a typical stick.

But when Accelerator tried reflecting a magical attack, it sorta...fizzled out and exploded instead. I was likening Yata no Kagami to Accelerator's ability more than the Imagine Breaker, really. XD

Wasn't the Third World War something that was fought more by AC's technology (hypersonic bombers, Equip Dark Matter) than their actual Espers? Like, there was Mugino going about on a rampage, and Accelerator going off into Russia to help Last Order, but I don't recall any other Espers actively participating in the War.

Ssh I havent read it yet :D No spoilers :D Accelerator works by changing vectors though. Magic doesn't need to obey normal physics, but when he figured out that Dark Matter doesn't, then he could begin reflecting that. the mirror is magic based rather than science based so it doesn't need to obey physics. It's like Index's redirect ability and it changes the parameters of the spell. Abilities work in the same way, using parameters, so the mirror can reflect those too. Either way though it's broken ATM so it can't reflect anything :D She uses it to hand-craft spells that will 100% negate another spell, instead of having to use spells that might not work on that one. Similar to general antibiotics and specific antibiotics.

Even though I am a huge fan of the Certain Magical series and the LN etc. Keep calm. Another season will pop out soon.

Anyhow. I think I'll be making an esper!!! or a magic user...... >.<

Reactions: Kes
I am wondering, is there a plot in this RP?

Looks sandbox-y at the moment, imo.

Its been like 5 years since the last season of Index though right? I'm not getting my hopes up.

Well, JC Staff is showing that they haven't forgotten about Index. Maybe it's secretly been under production for a long-ass time. XD

I'm personally fine with the Light Novels though. I doubt they'd do any justice to Accelerator's GROUP shenanigans.

Eh I'd like there to be an anime adaption though. It's a pain reading all those words. I used to read a lot but the discovery of anime and manga made me really lazy so now I can't be bothered reading huge pages of text.

But the anime skimps out on so few things in the light novels! I mean, really, did you understand anything in regards to the final arc of Index II, with Tsuchimikado? I sure didn't.

Heck, did they even have the fake Aleister pop up in the anime? Or the psychopath from Angel Fall?

I have quite a bunch of LNs piling here and there for me to read. Index is in the middle of the list and I don't think I caught up that hard enough. My comrades from the other site feed me info and stuff just in case I feel lazy.

Speaking of LNs of the Dengeki variety, there are tonnes of Season 3s and 2s I await.

Yeah I'm willing to read them, I'm just saying it'll take me a long time to get round to it :D not to mention I have to find where to get them in the first place. The internet seems to have decided they're incredibly expensive.

I only watched the anime adaption of Index lol.

Weak. You can't have an Index RP without learning about the gloriousness of Thor and Othinus.

But yeah, that DOES bring up a question: when is this set? Post-WWIII? Post-GREMLIN? Pre-God's Right Hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.