Esper, Magician or Neither?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love your character's ability @Crow, but how do you explain the composition of the miniature stars? It's a science based system so the composition would just be whatever the gravity pulled in. Given the atmosphere is around 70% nitrogen you're more likely to just get a ball of super hot nitrogen. Also, I assume they're not quite the temperature of a real star? If it was it'd incinerate everyone within a mile radius. Even Accelerator and Imagine Breaker couldn't block that.

All things considered, Accelerator probably could block it, because there's nothing particularly...gimmicky about it? I think the only times Accelerator failed to completely block something was when it was related to magic, because vector manipulation couldn't deal with whatever the hell magic was. On the other hand, these miniature stars are simply collections of raw power/heat/whatever. It'd be pretty easy for him to deal with, really. I mean, he casually strode in lava caused by AC's hypersonic bombers' plasma beams, and I'm pretty sure that there was a quote somewhere that stated that Accelerator would survive a thermonuclear explosion, provided that he didn't die from lack of oxygen.

For reference...

Center of the Sun is 15 million degrees Kelvin.
Thermonuclear explosions are tens to hundreds of millions degrees Kelvin.

That being said...

Her primary offense is to create what appear to be spherical structures that have about the same composition ratio as our sun, or at times, a theoried star, at smaller levels of course. These stars are still pretty hot, a small one being about 40 degrees Celsius, and a 1-metre diameter one being the boiling point of water. Charging the attack for a second makes them have a 10cm diameter. Charging them for 10 seconds give them a 20cm diameter. Charging them for a minute gives them a 1 metre diameter. Charging them for ten minutes gives them a 5 metre diameter. Charging them for an hour gives them a 10 metre diameter. After that, the sphere remains the same size and any more charging is insignificant. She calls these 'Tamaboshi' for some reason. Upon collision with a target, they will explode if the opposing force is greater, or will continue to move forward if the target is about the same size, or exerts a smaller opposing force. These 'Tamaboshi' have a minor extent of gravitational pull which has been made even more insignificant due to the Earth's gravity. Depending on size, they explode after travelling a certain distance, and produce different levels of impacts. Before explosion, they absorb some extent of matter before doing so, thus resulting in punctured walls and ripped clothing, and for much bigger ones, half-eaten vehicles. They can be weakened before they begin devastating things.
Don't see where Crow stated that her fireballs were as hot as the sun.

Also, I'll be making a magician. Every Kanzaki needs a Stiyl, after all~

Ah, whoops I must have misread then :D at 40 degrees they're pretty much just really dense projectiles so I have no complaints anymore.

I'm guessing it's already sunday for you? cos like 3 hours isn't particularly fair :D It took me more than that to find a picture.

I'm guessing it's already sunday for you? cos like 3 hours isn't particularly fair :D It took me more than that to find a picture.
It's 4:25 PM here and it's still saturday.guess I should've put timezones also. Anyways @ERode you can do it whenever it's convenient for you. The deadline doesn't apply in this case.

Typically introduction sessions of RPs last around a day even in very fast paced ones, which gives a bit of leeway for the last few people to get their apps finished. I see you're new to Iwaku. Are you also new to RPing, or just wanted a change of forum?

Quick question. I'm thinking of a character that specializes in environmental manipulation using the nine different worlds in Norse mythology. He'll be a 'normal' magician, if such things even exist. Is that alright?

Sounds fun at least. I only know of the norse realms featured in SAO so it'll be nice and educative too :D Him and my character can discuss the origin of Laevateinn (her staff) too :D

Quick question. I'm thinking of a character that specializes in environmental manipulation using the nine different worlds in Norse mythology. He'll be a 'normal' magician, if such things even exist. Is that alright?
That's fine since magicians use idols as their means of casting spells.

Has the IC started yet?

Cool. I have 7 Level 5's ready but since the spot's taken I'll settle for either a Magician or a Level 4 Esper.

Bsrd7ng.png

"Anicetus888: The unconquerable bows not to the world."
Gael Ericsson
Weight
213 pounds
Height
6'5
Personality
Gael Ericsson is a free spirit, someone whose self-confidence borderlines arrogance. He's an audacious, prideful figure, caring little for what society as a whole thinks of him. If he wants to do something, he'll do it. If he doesn't want to do something, he won't do it. While he IS smart enough to know when to back down, all the compromises that he makes are simply what he considers to be 'tactical retreats'. Someone may have beaten him in a battle, but that never means that they won the war. In a way, he could be likened to that of a superhero, the type that never gives up, regardless of the odds stacked against him. If only he was a selfless person as well, eh? He's proud of everything that makes up the person that is Gael Ericsson, a shameless person who doesn't even view his weaknesses as something that's negative. Those who are kind to him will become people that he's willing to bend over backwards to help. Those who are his enemies will be shown no mercy or honor by him. And, regardless of how impossible some things may be, Gael will never, ever back down from a challenge.
New Experiences
Friendship
Singing
Desserts
Dislikes
Rules
Zoos
Pets
Soup and Stew
Multilingual
Gael has a talent with learning languages, being able to hold conversations using foreign languages after just a couple of years. So far, he knows English, Scandinavian, German, French, Latin, Japanese, and Russian. Probably helps that he goes through a language immersion program every time he travels to a new country.

Man of Steel
Gael's body is something that he takes care of very well. Not in the sense that he pampers it with needless luxuries but in the sense that he regularly exercises, building muscle, burning fat, and generally achieving a level of physical prowess that most magicians don't bother with. Of course, he couldn't exactly armwrestle a Saint and come out on top, but against regular humans, he can come out on top. Most of his battle experience comes from dealing with thugs or in drunken bar brawls though.

Technologically Superior
Despite being a magician, Gael refuses to be tied down by petty things such as tradition and customs. Unlike his technologically inferior comrades, he is well-versed in the usage of high-end tools such as microwaves, cars, and phones. He even knows how to troubleshoot his Mac!

Gael Ericsson uses magic based off Norse mythology, and is, by his own description, a rather accomplished rune magician. Perhaps a symbol of his lack of hesitance when mixing technology with magic, the four rings that he wears on his right hand utilize nanotechnology in order to shift into different Germanic runes. Due to this, he can cast any four-rune spells very quickly, switching between them rather easily. Those rings, however, are not Gael's signature spell.

The spell that made him famous is one that allows him to become Yggdrasil, the tree that supports nine different worlds in Norse Mythology. By wearing a specially-crafted garland and inscribing specific runes in the leaves, idol theory is utilized to make him a 'replica' of the World Tree. After an incantation is made, he is able to set three points anywhere around him, creating a triangular area that changes its environment based off where on his body the magical garland is, which can be switched in an instant.

Asgard is signified when the garland is resting on the crown of his head, creating an area where shadows do not exist, and the air is pleasantly warm. Within this area, all those that serve the Gods (Gael's allies) are healed. For all enemies that Gael casts his eyes upon, their bodies will begin to heat up, bursting into flames after roughly a minute.

Vanaheim is signified when the garland is around Gael's neck. Moss creeps over buildings, and structures become aged, their durability weakening. Mana and Telesma flows much more easily in this area, making it an ideal location for spell-casting, regardless of whether or not there are naturally forming leylines or a shrine. A light mist descends upon all areas that are dangerous to Gael, acting as a pre-emptive security measure against long range attacks.

Jotunheim is signified when the garland is around Gael's right arm. The temperature and brightness falls, until it becomes a gray, monotone world. The wind blows strongly, and Gael's body changes. He becomes two feet larger, and his physical qualities increase twentyfold, while his sense of pain is numbed. All those within the area are slowed, as frost and ice begin to gather on all unmoving surfaces.

Alfheim is signified when the garland is around Gael's right wrist. While not nearly as bright as Asgard, the area becomes more colorful, every color becoming vivid and flashy. The sounds of nature, however far away, become more prominent, bird song mixing with wind chimes and the chanting of nature spirits. A much more subtle spell that the others, Alfheim makes Gael more attractive and charismatic, as well as increase his ability to perceive his surroundings. Not that he already wasn't attractive and charismatic enough.

Svartalfheim is signified when the garland is around Gael's left wrist. Shadows become longer and darker, and hoarse whispers in a foreign tongue invade the ears of all those who venture into the area. Unlike Jotunheim, which creates a 'harsh' land, Svartalfheim creates a frightening one, creating a fearful atmosphere similar to that of a student walking through a dark alley in midnight. Everyone's presence is harder to detect within the area, and every sound, outside of those mysterious whispers, is muted. In this area, there is no physical object that can deter Gael, who is able to temporarily become intangible.

Nidavellir is signified when the garland is intertwined between the fingers on Gael's right hand. Unlike the other worlds, Nidavellir has no dramatic changes in temperature, lighting, or atmosphere. Instead, every non-organic object becomes incredibly difficult to move and to destroy, from doors to cars to soccer balls. It could be considered something that specializes in fortifying areas, but that is not what Gael uses Nidavellir for. Within Nidavellir, he temporarily gains the same capabilities of a Dvergr, capable of crafting magical artifacts that will remain even after he changes the world or even cancels the spell. While inferior to a natural Dvergr, he's generally better than most ordinary magicians at this craft.

Niflheim is signified when the garland wraps itself around Gael's eyes, blinding him. When activated, the entire area becomes pitch black, as a fierce blizzard ravages the set area, flash freezing everything nearby. Hiding in homes will do nothing, as tendrils of ice crawl their way into whatever gaps are present. Electronic devices are knocked out, any sort of heat is suck away by the winds, and it becomes a hellish nightmare of sensory deprivation that only ends if Gael either cancels it, or if he dies. Gael is not immune to the effects of this spell himself, and generally can only last a minute before being forced to stop.

Muspelheim is signified when the garland breaks, becoming a string of leaves that is set ablaze, turning into a whip of flames. The temperature becomes almost unbearably hot, as magma seeps from cracks in the ground, and embers fall from the sky. Hazy smoke fills the area, blotting out the sun as the world is charred and roasted. This could be considered the final 'battlefield' that eats away at Yddgrasil, symbolizing the part of reincarnation that features 'death'. Gael is capable of freely manipulating the lava that breaks out onto the surface, controlling them with the broken, burning garland. When the garland becomes ash, all of Muspelheim's effects are reversed for all non-organic objects, leaving living beings as the only things harmed by it.

Midgard is signified when the garland is destroyed, and must be remade. It does not change anything at all about the world, but signifies the 'birth' in the cycle of reincarnation. In order to fully reconstruct a new garland within Midgard, Gael must stay inside the area for a total of twenty-four hours. Only one garland may exist at any time, as there is only one World Tree at any one time.

Biography
Gael Ericsson is a first generation magician, originally part of a magic cabal that took the magic part of it in a manner that wasn't exactly dedicated. They liked to not give a shit about what was taboo or not, and that eventually got them into trouble. So they said their farewells, disbanded, and spread out into the world. Gael was one of the more adventurous of that disbanded cabal, and had travelled a variety of places since then. As luck would have it, he somehow managed to get a job at Academy City being a food truck operator, and that's where he stays for the time being, driving around the city and selling crepes to middle school girls.

Writing Sample
Gael Ericsson really wasn't the heroic type. He was proud to admit that if a crime was taking place in the neighborhood, he wasn't going to slam his foot onto the pedal of his food truck and race to that location, in order to help Anti-Skill take down the criminal. After all, it wasn't any of his business, and he wasn't interested in inconveniencing himself just to get a pat on the head. Unless the crime was really interesting, such as Level Four elementary schoolers raiding a candy shop, or anything else that was out of the ordinary, he'd rarely do anything about it. Perhaps he had become desensitized to everyday misfortunes after all those years of travelling? Or maybe he just didn't give a shit anymore, and the idealistic, brave Gael was no longer there, replaced by a selfish, audacious one? Regardless of the reason, these days, he had no interest in playing the role of a hero.

But then, again, there WERE cute high school girls involved in this particular incident. It looked like a bunch of delinquents were, as expected, harassing a selection of meek, teenager girls right in front of Gael's crepe truck. Their awkward attempts at pick-up lines really did a number on the large youth's head, and, after deliberating on how exactly he should approach the situation, Gael decided that he didn't need to bother with thinking at all. Instead, he parked nearby, shut off the engine, walked out of the truck, and approached the delinquents.

It was funny, how short these Japanese people were. Really, he stood a good head and a half taller than the tallest of these wanna-be yakuza, and the crepe-truck-man couldn't help but grin.

"Well, you worms," he began, looking down at these scraps of meat, "These girls are with me, so please, go on and apologize for being born into my world."

They made themselves scarce, and after making a few girly crepes, Gael earned himself another couple of customers. What a nice life.​

Reactions: Ruko and Kes
Sorta rushed this, so expect some scrubbiness. Also, Niflheim and Muspelheim are meant to be his finisher skills. Do you think it's too weak for that though? Relatively, ofc.

Sorta rushed this, so expect some scrubbiness. Also, Niflheim and Muspelheim are meant to be his finisher skills. Do you think it's too weak for that though? Relatively, ofc.
You didn't have to rush. But it's great overall, the writing sample and the biography is short. ( I didn't even write mine yet :P ) But it's passable. Most of the effort went into the magic ability which is the important part anyways.

You can extend Niflheim to two minutes if you want to. Since your character is a regular magician I'd say it's balanced after going through.

Approved!

Ohhh I can see Laevateinn being incredibly problematic for Gael, since Yggdrasil projects the spell over a large area, all Haruka has to do is touch her staff to the floor to inflict massive damage on him :D

Right that reminds me...I don't see any mention of a staff in your CS. Are you sure you aren't confusing this with another CS?

And please, your character's a Saint. XD she's going to cause problems regardless.

See first IC post of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.