Esper, Magician or Neither?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's set in Academy City. It's generally easier for espers to roam around than magicians. XD

But yeah, I assume that he can only debuff at a set rate? Meaning that there's a threshold in which he's dead regardless of his nullification? e.g a bullet, a Saint's punch, an Innocentius bitch slap?

Also I noticed way more espers than magicians. I'd have expected more magicians really given it's the main focus of the canon, and given it's way more versatile and you don't have to be batshit crazy to be powerful. I mean with the exception of Mikoto, every level 5 has serious mental issues. And that's something that's accounted for by the canon, not just an observation.
Idk, I can make some neutral characters as magicians to balance things out.

I might make a weaker magician at some point as the Saint's apprentice if I feel we need some more magicians.

Also are saints really that physically strong? I know they're stronger than most but if they were that strong they wouldn't need offensive magic. They could just set up a heavy duty shield and walk around punching people.

Saint's a completely different beings than normal humans though. Pretty sure the apprentice will just be sad that s/he'll never live up to Haruka's expectations. XD

And yeah, Saints are really that strong. Kanzaki's Nanasen, which demolished AC's landscape, was literally just due to her rattling her wires about. Acqua of the Back was strong enough that he casually deformed the landscape using his Saint strength (once, he smacked Touma so hard that the kid flew and skipped a few times on a lake). Then we have Brunhild, who pretty much ignored Mikasa's electromagnetism gimmicks and smacked her around.

Essentially, Saints are the counter to Imagine Breaker, I think.

Oh ok. That's awesome. Saints are way OP compared to level 5s then and they're supposed to be about even matched aren't they? Considering level 6 is the equivelant of an Angel.

Here's my two concerns: First, can he use his ability on himself? Like, can he turn himself into 4 people, buff each of the clones and himself and then smash them up with 4 hulk strength punchies?
How does it function like Imagine Breaker? Can he weaken the product of abilities, like Biribiri's Lightning, just by touch? And same with the time. If it takes him any more than the speed of an electric charge passing through a human, a lightning bolt is gonna fry him before it's been weakened.
1. Theoretically that is possible but it is difficult to do that in the middle of combat.

2. Lol He isn't dumb enough to take on a Biribiri lightning attack even with his division. The stronger the attack, the harder it is to negate. Unlike IB who can pretty much negate any supernatural occurrence with a single touch. He can, however, stop a bullet if he performs multiplication upon himself, greatly increasing his body's physical composition to the point that a nine millimeter would just bounce off, a shotgun shell would result to a bruise, etc. But there is certainly no way he could block a 50 cal. , Mugino's Lasers, Biribiri's Railgun, etc.

That'd take a lot of time to multiply I imagine? I've also decided on haruka's nickname for him and his ability: Asexual Reproduction.

I imagine a minute for a 9mm and three for shotgun for his whole body to be immune but it would be quick if it's just select parts like the arms, the torso, the head, the legs, etc.. It isn't the most practical of abilities but he isn't reliant on his powers, as compared to other espers.

Also I noticed way more espers than magicians. I'd have expected more magicians really given it's the main focus of the canon, and given it's way more versatile and you don't have to be batshit crazy to be powerful. I mean with the exception of Mikoto, every level 5 has serious mental issues. And that's something that's accounted for by the canon, not just an observation.
Mikoto has a mental issue

It's being a tsundere

Tsundere isn't an issue. Tsundere is (usually) cute. The only dere that's an issue is Yandere.

Also are saints really that physically strong? I know they're stronger than most but if they were that strong they wouldn't need offensive magic. They could just set up a heavy duty shield and walk around punching people.
Saints are physically strong and fast.

Out of curiousity, can Kageru infinitely increase his strength via buffing? What's the upper limit of his power anyways?

I imagine the upper limit is however long it takes him to become dehydrated and die.

I might make a weaker magician at some point as the Saint's apprentice if I feel we need some more magicians.
Don't worry, I plan on making a magician who would at least be a challenge for your Saint character :P

Reactions: Accelerator
He can't infinitely increase his strength but he can unlock the full capacity of the human body, enabling him to have superhuman abilities like increased strength, speed, reaction time, endurance, etc. Think Captain America. Going beyond that takes a huge toll on his body since there is only so much the human body could handle.

He can't infinitely increase his strength but he can unlock the full capacity of the human body, enabling him to have superhuman abilities like increased strength, speed, reaction time, endurance, etc. Think Captain America. Going beyond that takes a huge toll on his body since there is only so much the human body could handle.
Isn't that OP since his speed allows him to touch anyone quickly?

Isn't that OP since his speed allows him to touch anyone quickly?
It's not about how quick he touches his opponents, it's how long he touches them. A quick touch will only result to minor debuffs as opposed to a prolonged touch.

It's not about how quick he touches his opponents, it's how long he touches them. A quick touch will only result to minor debuffs as opposed to a prolonged touch.
It's still overpowered since he's also physically strong and fast. He can easily grab someone for some time so his ability activates with his strength. The only way to counter that is if the other person is skilled at combat meaning you get an advantage against long-range users when that's suppose to check him lol.

Thats the only way to counter it? I don't think so. In a few seconds I came up with solutions for a selection of characters to break the hold. Any saint is stronger anyway so can just smack him in the face or something. Biribiri can just use a closer range electric attack which will weaken his grip once it ends, any teleporter can just teleport away, most magicians would be able to put a fireball in his face, Accelerator would be able to throw him into a wall or something... I think it's fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.