Yu-Gi-Oh!: Return of the Shadows

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
'Nother question: Can we have more than one deck? 'Cause I have a character concept in mind, but in my head they switch out between decks. Would that be okay?

Last question: Can we use any cards or are we just using tournament legal ones? I don't mean cards that haven't been released yet, just the ban/restricted list.

Any cards can be used, but it will be left up to me whether or not I let a card remain in a deck. Cards like Raigeki or Harpie's Feather Duster? Forget it. Banned cards such as Monster Reborn or Heavy Storm? Sure, maybe.

Any cards can be used, but it will be left up to me whether or not I let a card remain in a deck. Cards like Raigeki or Harpie's Feather Duster? Forget it. Banned cards such as Monster Reborn or Heavy Storm? Sure, maybe.
I have to say Monster Reborn is one of my least favorite cards in the game. Not that it should stop other people using it in the RP, I'm just saying I'm glad it's on the ban list.

Yea facing decks that ignore the ban list get extremely aggravating sometimes. *looks at fiber jar.*

Literally no downside to that card, and let us not forget Chaos Dragon.

So the consensus is that banned/restricted cards *can* be in this but not looked kindly upon...

duely noted...

Name: Anne Cleary

Appearance:
Pharos.full.974056.jpg
Anne's appearance is a bit of an odd one. Standing only at five feet two inches tall, she's shorter than average but has a very commanding presence to her. Her skin is smooth and cream colored, her hair is black, short and messy and her eyebrows are thin. Her face is thin, almost sickly so, but round. Below her left eye is a small mole or beauty mark. Her eyes are blue in color, so vibrant are her eyes that it even makes her pupils look blue in color. Her lips are thin and barely there, but her smile is sweet and warming to behold. She has a very slight and skinny frame to her entire body with sloping shoulders and small hands. Despite her age and having long since gone through puberty, Anne's chest is flat as a board. Her usual attire is that of a yellow scarf with black borders that she wears around her shoulders rather than her neck over a baggy black and white stripped shirt that's a size or two too big. Her pants are black and form fitting and her sandals, also black in color, go up to her mid calf with straps and buckles, though these can't be seen beneath her pants.

Personality: Despite her small appearance, Anne has a huge personality. Bouncy and cheerful, Anne can easily be seen as the life of the party. She loves to laugh and she loves to make other people laugh. Although usually kind to those around her, she can get straight to the point when she feels she needs to and get there rather bluntly at anyone's expense. Anne is also very competitive when it comes to Yu-gi-oh!, which is in contrast with everything else. In anything else, standing in line, picking seats for a movie, who goes first on a swing set, she'll be the first to back down and let others go before her. When it comes to the game though, her long history and pride with it comes into play and she feels compelled to win. This isn't to say that she's a sore loser though she's been beaten, she will admit it easily enough without any real fuss. She's even been known to congratulate other duelists for having an exceptionally clever deck build, which she herself did not think of or has not seen before. Anne does not get offended or upset by much of anything at all and she never has. Her only "touchy" subject is her cup size, as she was picked on for it during her teen years, but even that would have to be pursued on purpose for her to get upset. When the time is right, Anne can be epic in her own right. She seemed to have been born with a pension for what to say and when to say it to make something especially dramatic or outstanding. That being said, she prefers to avoid drama whenever possible as she finds it tiresome and draining.

Background Info: Anne was already a young woman when the Yu-gi-oh! card game came out in her country, and instantly she was fascinated with it. Before the sensation that is the card game came around, she was a fairly ordinary girl. School life, an average home with an average income, friends, family, so on and so forth - but nothing had ever engrossed her mind as much as the cards did. She saw in them endless combinations and builds to make the game infinite - there could never be two of the exact same deck, and that idea enchanted her. Whenever she could she would buy some new cards, go through them, analyze from from their art to their effects and see how they fit in with all of her old cards. Becoming a bit of an obsession with her, though a mild one, Anne sought out to make the perfect deck, a goal she has yet to realize because of the game's ever evolving rules, card list play styles. All the same, she poured as much time and energy into it as she could, going so far as to even open up her own card shop in her late twenties which served as a financial basis for obtaining more cards and feeding her light obsession. In time, she even became wealthy from this little shop in more ways than one. Once she had obtained this wealth, she began to compete in tournaments seriously and thus began her professional deck building days. Anne has long since lost count of the number of decks she's made, scrapped and remade over the years, all for that one goal of the perfect deck. Her career and her goal have lead her to Aria city, where she hopes to find some good old fashioned competition as well as some interesting decks to analyze.

Deck Theme + List: Anne plays with six separate decks that she alternates between depending on her mood, opponent, or other factors. These are the six decks that she believes to be her best and that she can't choose which ones are better than the others. Thus, she uses them all. Among them is her original deck, which she has altered with time to what it is now.

Deck Total: 45
Monster: 23
Spells: 12
Traps: 10
Extra: 15

Monsters:
Ghostrick Doll x1
Ghostrick Ghoul x2
Ghostrick Jackfrost x2
Ghostrick Jiangshi x3
Ghostrick Lantern x3
Ghostrick Mary x3
Ghostrick Skeleton x2
Ghostrick Specter x2
Ghostrick Stein x1
Ghostrick Warwolf x2
Ghostrick Yuki-Onna x1

Spells:
Book of Life x3
Book of Moon x1
Ghostrick Mansion x3
Pot of Duality x2
Swords of Concealing Light x3

Traps:
Fiendish Chain x2
Ghostrick Night x1
Ghostrick Scare x3
Ghostrick Vanish x2
Mirror Force x2

Extra Deck:
Downerd Magician x1
Ghostrick Alucard x3
Ghostrick Dullahan x3
Ghostrick Socuteboss x1
Number 13: Embodiment of Crime x1
Number 17: Leviathan Dragon x1
Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction x1
Number 31: Embodiment of Punishment x1
Number 48: Shadow Lich x1
Slacker Magician x1
Wind-Up Zenmaines x1

Deck Total: 40
Monsters: 19
Spells: 11
Traps: 10
Extra: 11

Monsters:
Worm Caratos x2
Worm Flaco x2
Worm King x1
Worm Milidith x2
Worm Prince x1
Worm Queen x3
Worm Victory x1
Worm Xex x3
Worm Yagan x3

Spells:
Book of Moon x1
Dark Hole x1
Fusion Gate x3
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Pot of Duality x3
Worm Call x1

Traps:
Dimensional Prison x2
Fiendish Chain x3
Mirror Force x2
W Nebula Meteorite x3

Extra Deck:
Worm Zero x3
King of the Feral Imps x2
Number 39: Utopia x2
Gagagigo the Risen x1
Gagaga Cowboy x1
Heritic Sun Dragon Overlord of Helioplus x2

Monsters: 19
Spells: 14
Traps: 12
Extra: 13

Monsters:
Dark Horus x1
Gravekeeper's Commandment x2
Gravekeeper's Descendant x2
Gravekeeper's Oracle x1
Gravekeeper's Priestess x1
Gravekeeper's Recruiter x2
Gravekeeper's Spy x3
Gravekeeper's Visionary x2
Horus the Black Flame Dragon LVL 4 x1
Horus the Black Flame Dragon LVL 6 x1
Horus the Black Flame Dragon LVL 8 x1
Mystical Knight of Jackal x1
The End of Anubis x1

Spells:
Dark Hole x1
Field Barrier x2
Gravekeeper's Stele x3
Lighten the Load x1
Necrovalley x3
Royal Tribute x1
Terraforming x1

Traps:
Curse of Royal x2
Dimensional Prison x2
Imperial Tombs of Necrovalley x2
Judgement of Anubis x1
Mirror Force x2
Rite of Spirit x1
Starlight Road x2

Extra Deck:
Stardust Dragon x2
Constellar Ptolemy M7
Gagaga Cowboy x3
Gagagigo the Risen x1
Kachi Kochi Dragon x1
Number 22: Zombiestein x1
Number 39: Utopia x3
Number 40: Gimmick Puppet of Strings x1
Number 88: Gimmick Puppet of Leo

Deck Total: 50
Monsters: 22
Spells: 13
Traps: 15
Extra: 15

Monsters:
Dverg of the Nordic Alfar x2
Guldfax of the Nordic Beasts x2
Ljosalf of the Nordic Alfar x2
Mara of the Nordic Alfar x2
Summoner Monk x2
Tanngnjostr of the Nordic Beasts x2
Tanngrisnir of the Nordic Beasts x2
Tyr of the Noridc Champions x2
Valkyrie of the Nordic Ascendant x3
Vanadis of the Nordic Ascendant x3

Spells:
Field Barrier x1
Gold Sarcophagus x1
Pot of Duality x2
Swords of Revealing Light x2
Terraforming x2
The Nordic Lights x3

Traps:
Gleipnir, the Fetters of Fenrir x2
Magic Cylinder x2
Mirror Force x2
Nordic Relic Gungnir x2
Nordic Relic Laevateinn x2
Nordic Relic Megingjord x1
Starlight Road x2
The Golden Apples x2

Extra Deck:
Ally of Justice Catastor x2
Black Rose Dragon x1
Loki, Lord of the Aesir x2
Mist Wurm x1
Odin, Father of the Aesir x3
Red Archfiend Dragon x1
Stardust Dragon x3
Thor, Lord of the Aesir x2

Deck Total: 50
Monsters: 20
Spells: 14
Traps: 16
Extra: 9

Monsters:
Armageddon Knight x2
Chaos-End Master x3
Dark Grepher x2
Darkness Neosphere x1
Debris Dragon x1
Doom Shaman x2
Double Coston x2
Malefic Stardust Dragon x1
Mystic Tomato x2
Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys x1
Yubel x1
Yubel: Terror Incarnate x1
Yubel: The Ultimate Nightmare x1

Spells:
Fires of Doomsday x2
Gold Sarcophagus x1
Savage Colosseum x3
Stray Lambs x3
Terraforming x3
The Shallow Grave x2

Traps:
Call of the Haunted x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device x1
Damage Gate x2
Dark Illusion x2
Final Attack Orders x1
Light of Intervention x1
Mirror Force x2
Nightmare Archfiends x2
Starlight Road x2
Torrential Tribute x1

Extra Deck:
Ancient Pixie Dragon x2
Infernity Doom Dragon x2
Stardust Dragon x3
Stardust Spark Dragon x2
Superdreadnaught Gustav Max x1
Number 39: Utopia x2
Photon Papilloperative x1

Monsters: 20
Spells: 16
Traps: 9
Extra: 11

Monsters:
Left Arm of the Forbidden One x1
Left Leg of the Forbidden One x1
Right Arm of the Forbidden One x1
Right Leg of the Forbidden One x1
Exodia the Forbidden One x1
Exodia Necross x3
Exodius: The ultimate forbidden Lord x1
Armageddon Knight x3
Cardcar D x3
Cyber Valley x3
Summoner Monk x2

Spells:
Contract with Exodia x3
Dark Hole x1
Foolish Burial x1
Forbidden Lance x2
Hand Destruction x3
One Day of Peace x1
Pot of Duality x3
Shard of Greed x2

Traps:
Dark Bribe x2
Dimensional Prison x2
Mirror Force x2
Safety Zone x2
Torrential Tribute x1

Extra Deck:
Number 13: Embodiment of Crime x1
Number 31: Embodiment of Punishment x1
Number 39: Utopia x3
number 39: Utopia Roots x2
Number 54: Lion Heart x1
Number 63: Shamonji Soldier x1
Number 83: Galaxy Queen x1
Slacker Magician x1

Theme: Anne's Theme

Dueling Theme (optional): The Genesis

Other: Anne will always ask permission to use her personal deck against opponents before hand as opposed to the others which she will use either when it is best suited to be used or when she feels like it. This is because a of professional and personal pride. She understands that it is not the fastest deck and perhaps not even the most powerful, but all the same it is her deck that she has nurtured since her first days of dueling and thus it holds a sentimental value to her. When she uses this deck, she wants to win with it.
[/spoiler]

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what I want to see? Nastna's Exodia deck against Anne's Exodia deck.

Would be interesting to say the least, but there's no telling what will happen until it either gets accepted or denied.

The others I'm pretty confident will be fine, but Anne's deck...

We could play test it on DN right now if you have an account. Or otherwise YGO pro if you have that installed.

I've got an account on DN, yeah. We can do a test there if you like.

Aight, I made the room in the Advanced section

I can't Duel in there though because there are banned cards in the deck :\ It'll have to be in unlimited.

Plus I don't know your username there.

Alright, I hosted in unlimited. Password is: GODS.