Yu-Gi-Oh!: Return of the Shadows

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
nah, he played against my Yubel and the previous Exodia deck i had up on DN. It was fun! 8D

These decks, especially the exodia one, are much better I think >:3

I'd love to play anyone asap~
Alas, Terrell's underground and Madora's busy with Placido.
And I'm too busy replying to my RPs to go on DN >.<

Evening all.

Right, in the interests of transparency and you guys getting back to enjoying yourselves, here's what happened.

Parser (friend to CageFighter), made a series of trolling assaults on another member. They can be found here and here. I don't think anyone can deny that this was pretty insulting. I don't think he had even joined one of those RPs - just jumped in to troll.

The dispute was settled by Ozzie, a staff member.

Then, as you can see from Parser's profile, he responded by posting a public status update that antagonized the mods and promised more underhanded trolling to come.

Ozzie responded by telling him to be nicer, and as you can see a series or retorts followed in which Parser insulted and antagonized Ozzie for doing his job.

That's where I jumped in. And YES, I acted like a bully and a dick. That's what I do. For me, Iwaku is a game of numbers. I retain a very large number of members on this site by giving them great roleplays (for example, the mass roleplay, Ilium, where 90+ players are collaborating), and by being genuinely friendly. And on the flipside of my good deeds, I vent my ego and my prejudice on people who I deem unworthy of remaining on this site that my friends are paying and striving for.

I could have handled it better. I chose not to. It was fun for me, and Parser deserved it. I asked him to take down his status update, and when he continued to ignore formal mod warnings, I banned him. I would gladly do it again, because he had no respect for this community and its members.

CageFighter, Dinorocket and others are understandably upset. He is their friend. CageFighter was banned from one of my roleplays for not meshing with the style. His other friend, FisterRoboto, came specifically to Iwaku to raid and did so by smiting a dozen of my posts when he joined. This group of 4chan players may be behaving now, but some of their initial motivations were to ruffle feathers.

So there is bad blood between them and the mods. This is ongoing.

However, it should NOT affect this roleplay. If any of you feel uncomfortable, you have my apology. My behaviour is not emblematic of the staff. I am the only bully among them, and I understand that I do them a disservice when I target people this way. Trust me, I only do it out of protectiveness for this site. I am very proud of this community, and hope you too will find that same pride in time.

I wish you all the best of luck. Message me if you have further questions.

The previous posts about this matter have been soft-deleted, to avoid any further instigation between the two parties.

~ Asmodeus

Last edited:
...Woah. I disappear for two days and, well...

I dunno what to say.

Reactions: 2 people
... Anyways.

Still waiting to see if I'm accepted or not. In the meantime, can I get a brief summary of the RP as it's happened thus far? Important events, progression of plot, where it's at now?

Also the system of dueling on here as far as the RP goes is only very slightly confusing to me. We've got two options, PM or that titanpad site, and then one of the participants posts up the results of the duel... that's what I've understood thus far. There's also a bit of an honor system as far as drawing cards goes, which is understandable. My confusion comes in that why couldn't both parties involved make posts in the IC thread for their duel? Maybe I just haven't looked into it enough, but it does seem that only one person will post up the duel at a time.

Now I understand that not wanting to clog the IC thread with lots and lots of messages of duels and such, which is again understandable, but couldn't each player just post their half of the duel with their own reactions so that each duel is two posts apiece? (Again, I may not have read far enough into the IC, I have admittedly skimmed most of it thus far.)

... Anyways.

Still waiting to see if I'm accepted or not. In the meantime, can I get a brief summary of the RP as it's happened thus far? Important events, progression of plot, where it's at now?

Also the system of dueling on here as far as the RP goes is only very slightly confusing to me. We've got two options, PM or that titanpad site, and then one of the participants posts up the results of the duel... that's what I've understood thus far. There's also a bit of an honor system as far as drawing cards goes, which is understandable. My confusion comes in that why couldn't both parties involved make posts in the IC thread for their duel? Maybe I just haven't looked into it enough, but it does seem that only one person will post up the duel at a time.

Now I understand that not wanting to clog the IC thread with lots and lots of messages of duels and such, which is again understandable, but couldn't each player just post their half of the duel with their own reactions so that each duel is two posts apiece? (Again, I may not have read far enough into the IC, I have admittedly skimmed most of it thus far.)
Rules, I can not help you with. I'm not the GM, so yeah. But I can give you a brief summary of interesting events!

A pillar got marked (arguably, pre-RP, but it's important!)
People walked around town, brought cards, etc. A few of people got into duels with NPCs, all of which I believe were won by the RPer.
Cole and Placido do various things by themselves.
Benjamin and Apostolos got into a duel. Benjamin won. Several other players were spectating.
Benjamin and Cain went to investigate the marked pillar. Terrell stalked them.
Benjamin and Cain got into shadow duels with NPC cultists. Benjamin and Cain won. Terrell watched.
Benjamin and Cain are suspicious of Terrell, since he managed to get into the shadow realm by himself.
Meanwhile, Aposotolos, Mechasawa, and Pat were getting drunk.
Apostolos, Mechasawa, and Pat decide to reclaim their territory by destroying the Cult of Shadows markings on another pillar.
AMP get to work erasing the Cult of Shadows markings and replacing them with their own tags.
Benjamin takes Cain and Terrell to the station.
Madora, who wants to mark another pillar, comes across AMP. Madora has a go at them, and ends up punching Apostolos.
BCT arrive at the station.
Apostolos starts kneeing Madora, and pinning her against the pillar. Apostolos and Mechasawa continually exchange insults with Madora.
Madora pulls out a switchblade, and puts it against Apostolos' throat.
Pat diffuses the situation by dragging Aposotolos off Madora and challenging Madora to a duel.
At the station, Benjamin reports to the head of department, showing the Cult of Shadows to be a proper threat.
At the pillar, Madora and Pat begin dueling. Darius arrives and sides with Madora.
Lancelot arrives at the pillar, and starts chasing Apostolos and Mechasawa, aided by Darius. Madora and Pat continue dueling.
Apostolos and Mechasawa get away. Darius ends up going home. Lancelot tazes Pat, so Madora (sort of) wins the duel.
Back at the station, the head of department has a go at Benjamin. Benjamin leaves, feeling annoyed.
Terrell sneaks away while Benjamin and Cain team up to investigate the Cult of Shadows.
Apostolos and Mechasawa hide out for a while, plotting to take down the Cult of Shadows.
Lancelot interrogates Pat about what was happening at the pillar. Pat doesn't speak, Lancelot gets mad.
Apostolos and Mechasawa also plan to free Pat.
Darius arrives home (a cardboard box), to find Cole in the way. Cole invites Darius to live with him and his sister.
Placido is having tea by an unmarked pillar. Madora meets him there. Madora intends to get rid of Placido so she can mark the pillar.

Aaaand that's about it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Woah woah woah woah

A switchblade? I thought we were following the anime's logic here! Why was there no duel to settle the dispute between the original participants where the stakes were if they lost they had to give them their deck/leave town or something like that!? And why is the Shadow Realm not a big looming threat in all of this!? Seriously, I was expecting people cultist or no to be like... "Duel for your lives!" and shit.

Very disappointed in this plot summary >:C

(Thanks for the plot summary though, should be able to jump right in now exactly how I was going to do with no problems~)

Woah woah woah woah

A switchblade? I thought we were following the anime's logic here! Why was there no duel to settle the dispute between the original participants where the stakes were if they lost they had to give them their deck/leave town or something like that!? And why is the Shadow Realm not a big looming threat in all of this!? Seriously, I was expecting people cultist or no to be like... "Duel for your lives!" and shit.

Very disappointed in this plot summary >:C

(Thanks for the plot summary though, should be able to jump right in now exactly how I was going to do with no problems~)
Because I felt like using the manga logic. >:) (well, sort of XD)
And I didn't want to start a shadow duel, as then one of our characters would HAVE to die. And it feels a bit early to be killing off people's characters.
Also, the reason people don't see it as a looming threat? Our ninja skills! (And because of Caleb's influence...and general stupidity XD jks)
You're very welcome!

Welp. I've got nothing to do for a good while...

Anyone free to duel on DN? :D

Yeah, PMs didn't work. Cassette and I figured that out pretty soon. Dino and Krein used Titanpad and it appeared to run fairly smoothly (I think it's the first player on player duel). Dino and I personally used Dueling Network, then recorded all the moves, which while was a bit of an equalizer, was slightly tedious to do having ot transfer from one format to the other. Also, DN won't allow custom cards; though we can just proxy what we want.

Reactions: 2 people
Yeah that would get tedious... I suppose I'll leave it up to personal preference depending on who I'm dueling... or if it's just an NPC, duke it out myself in a single post.

Thanks for the answer on that DaCage~ (Not to be confused with NICHOLAS Cage, the dirty tramp.)

Welp. I've got nothing to do for a good while...

Anyone free to duel on DN? :D

If you still want to, I could do a quick duel with you (unrelated to the RP, of course).

Yeah sure, I've got a few minutes to kill while I stew on a post. You hosting?

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out. As a friend of Cage, Nier, Dino, and Parser (Not from 4chan, I know them from an older RP site that was taken offline), it seems that the majority of my friends have been driven off without intentions of coming back. I myself am now in the unfortunate position of "keep playing and upset my friends" or "stop playing and keep those friendships intact." I have to choose the latter, but it was a difficult decision. I'm saddened to see it end so harshly, but I guess that's how it will be.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to drop out. As a friend of Cage, Nier, Dino, and Parser (Not from 4chan, I know them from an older RP site that was taken offline), it seems that the majority of my friends have been driven off without intentions of coming back. I myself am now in the unfortunate position of "keep playing and upset my friends" or "stop playing and keep those friendships intact." I have to choose the latter, but it was a difficult decision. I'm saddened to see it end so harshly, but I guess that's how it will be.
They're all leaving? That'd saddening to know. Though I can understand why you're leaving Xenonia, friendships are more important than this one roleplay. It's shame to see you go, but I can I understand why you are. I'll politely wave you off. *waves*

I wish you, and you're friends, the best for the future.

On a related note...@Krein, who is still involved in the RP? I'm working on a reply for the IC, so I need to know with all these people (unfortunately but understandably) leaving. I'll postpone my post until you reply.

Also, what's going to happen to the people's leaving characters? Are they going to get killed off? If so, I'd like to (politely) request using it for drama/action in the plot.

Rules, I can not help you with. I'm not the GM, so yeah. But I can give you a brief summary of interesting events!

A pillar got marked (arguably, pre-RP, but it's important!)
People walked around town, brought cards, etc. A few of people got into duels with NPCs, all of which I believe were won by the RPer.
Benjamin and Placido got into a duel. Benjamin won. Several other players were spectating.
Benjamin and Cain went to investigate the marked pillar. Terrell stalked them.
Benjamin and Cain got into shadow duels with NPC cultists. Benjamin and Cain won. Terrell watched.
Benjamin and Cain are suspicious of Terrell, since he managed to get into the shadow realm by himself.
Meanwhile, Aposotolos, Mechasawa, and Pat were getting drunk.
Apostolos, Mechasawa, and Pat decide to reclaim their territory by destroying the Cult of Shadows markings on another pillar.
AMP get to work erasing the Cult of Shadows markings and replacing them with their own tags.
Benjamin takes Cain and Terrell to the station.
Madora, who wants to mark another pillar, comes across AMP. Madora has a go at them, and ends up punching Apostolos.
BCT arrive at the station.
Apostolos starts kneeing Madora, and pinning her against the pillar. Apostolos and Mechasawa continually exchange insults with Madora.
Madora pulls out a switchblade, and puts it against Apostolos' throat.
Pat diffuses the situation by dragging Aposotolos off Madora and challenging Madora to a duel.
At the station, Benjamin reports to the head of department, showing the Cult of Shadows to be a proper threat.
At the pillar, Madora and Pat begin dueling. Darius arrives and sides with Madora.
Lancelot arrives at the pillar, and starts chasing Apostolos and Mechasawa, aided by Darius. Madora and Pat continue dueling.
Apostolos and Mechasawa get away. Darius ends up going home. Lancelot tazes Pat, so Madora (sort of) wins the duel.
Back at the station, the head of department has a go at Benjamin. Benjamin leaves, feeling annoyed.
Terrell sneaks away while Benjamin and Cain team up to investigate the Cult of Shadows.
Apostolos and Mechasawa hide out for a while, plotting to take down the Cult of Shadows.
Lancelot interrogates Pat about what was happening at the pillar. Pat doesn't speak, Lancelot gets mad.
Apostolos and Mechasawa also plan to free Pat.
Darius arrives home (a cardboard box), to find Cole in the way. Cole invites Darius to live with him and his sister (Cole has been doing stuff by himself mostly up until now).
Placido is having tea by an unmarked pillar. Madora meets him there. Madora intends to get rid of Placido so she can mark the pillar.

Aaaand that's about it!
...I apologize, but I don't believe Placido ever dueled Benjamin, he was dueling an NPC, mostly as a deck intro