Yu-Gi-Oh!: Return of the Shadows (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apostolos shuts his text-book as he returns it to his satchel, as he pulls out his own can of spray-paint. Apostolos begins to vigorously shake it, "So does everyone have a can of spray paint? This tool is most..." Apostolos coughs for a bit, before wiping his mouth with his free hand. "Ah, excuse me, the tool is most important in marking our territories."

Apostolos finishes shaking up the spray paint can, as he places his satchel back onto his person. "Well, I've got my can ready." Apostolos glanced around, "So if everyone has a spray paint can, and is ready... Let's go mark our territory."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nastna finished his ice cream cone and looked around a little bit, he felt like something important was going on right now, but he didn't what. It was probably nothing anyways. He also kind of wanted another ice cream cone, but he deiced against it. It was almost dinner; he didn't want to ruin his appetite. Speaking of dinner, where was he going to eat? He really had no idea where anything was in this town. He pulled open his travel book. Flipping through the pages, he settled on Slamming Sam's Dueling Diner; a restaurant/card shop. He left the Ice cream shop and started walking.

"Hm?" Mechazawa looked upwards at his two companions, "Oh, so sorry, where are my manners? I lost focus there for a moment. What are we doing, marking territory?" he asked as he looked at the cans of spraypaint, "Ah, yes. I'm afraid that I haven't brought any spraypaint, but I'm certain I had something that- ah!" he pulled a small hammer-and-chisel set out from his messenger bag, stowing his deck as he did so.
"This should do nicely. Now then, shall we walk, or should I get my bike?"

Apostolos glanced at Mechawa as he pulled out a small hammer and chisel, and he beamed a smile at Mechazawa. "That should be perfect! As for the matter of walking or riding the bike... I say get the bike, we don't know how fast that other rival gang will be. Plus.." Apostolos clumsily gestured his hand toward Pat, "We may be a tad clumsier in getting to our destination, which would slow us down, and allow the rival gang to get their first. And that..." Apostolos slammed his fist on the table, "Will not be accept- *HIC*" Apostolos rubbed his nose, "'Scuse me."

"Alright then, I'll meet you two there. West and main, next to the lawnmower repair-card shop, right?", Mechazawa grabbed his bag and strolled towards the door, "See you two in a bit."

Apostolos gave a friendly wave to Mechazawa, and shook up his spray paint can a bit more. "Indeed, West and Main near the lawnmower repair-card shop." Apostolos nodded at Mechazawa, as he was strolling towards the door. Apostolos glanced at Pat, and offered a smile. "This will be fun, and keep that other gang out of our territory."

Pat crossed his arms and rolled his eyes at the two, then turned around and nodded. He tried suggesting that he understood the plan and smiled having come up with something to do. "Whatever" he mumbled before stepping away, pushing apart the door. Outside of the building was his motorcycle, which he had newly bought.

"Hey Chris, I'm gonna borrow this" Pat said, getting onto the bike. "You guys need a ride?" Pay asked. Then, he started it up then rode away into the night.

Apostolos held his can of spray paint ready to use to mark territory. He followed Pat out of the building, and peered at him when he got onto the motor-cycle and quickly rode off. Apostolos slightly shrugged, "Well, it is a good thing he is eager to mark our territory, and to scout out for the area." Apostolos mused to himself, as he stared upwards at the sky for a bit.

Apostolos shook his head, as he headed down to West and Main, to get to the Lawnmower Repair and Card shop, to meet up with Mechazawa. "Well, it will be a most excellent venture." Apostolos chuckled as he shook up his can of spray paint again for good measure, as he continued heading down to the Lawnmower Repair-Card Shop.

Benjamin glanced at both Terrell and Cain before he ushered them to follow him, telling them that they'd be tagging along with him to the station in order to give an eyewitness report of what had gone on during both of the duels. As he walked, Benjamin explained how the Commander didn't exactly take the Cult of Shadows with seriousness. The guy took all the reports of freakish things going one during duels with them as serious as he took reports about aliens crawling out of sewers, although with the influence the Cult had, the "Alien" archetype monsters might actually start popping up in real life during duels. Wonderful...

"Your reports should knock some sense into him. If they don't... well, guess I'll have to make some petitions to get the guy removed from his position."

After several minutes, the outline of the Department finally came into view. A few officers were going in and out of the station, so it was apparently still business as usual.

"Here we are..."

Apostolos finally made it to West and Main, he glanced at the lawn-mower and card shop. He looked around for Mechazawa, checking the alleyway, then checking behind the store. He then stood against the wall near the front and the alley.

Mechazawa was sitting on a bench in front of Card Sharp, the city's premier lawnmower repair/chainsaw repair/card shop. "Afternoon.", he called as he waved to Apostolos.
"So I suppose we'll be waiting on Pat, then. Hope he hasn't gotten lost."

Apostolos offered a friendly wave to Mechazawa, as he sat down on the bench. "I suppose, I bet he'll be here soon enough, after all we have territory to mark."

Ben started to issue commands; both Terrell and Cain were going to come with him to make a full report to the defense station. And by the sound of it, it was whether the two of them liked it or not. Not wanting to become an enemy of the law as well, Cain complied and neutrally trudged behind the enforcer.

Though Cain was very hesitant to go into full detail of what he himself had ended up doing, he realized that he didn't have much of an edge otherwise. Ben's explanation chalked up the Defense Commander to regard the Cult of Shadows as nondescript rabble-rousers, something they now very clearly were not. And with that same cult out for Cain's blood, there was eventually going to be a point where his luck would run dry on his own.

But Cain wasn't the only one. Benjamin, too, was hunted by the cult for similar reasons. And furthermore, Ben had that same dual-minded tenacity that displayed itself in the Shadow Games. Though Cain in body could be guilty for murder of a cultist, Ben could very well end up being just as guilty. If Cain played his (metaphorical) cards right, he might rather soon have a so-called 'partnership in crime' against the cult.

How long could it last, though? Though Cain himself seemed to be spared from a directly corrupting influence, in lieu of the Darkness Dragon's way of handling matters, Ben may be far more susceptible with his parasitic Iswarm deck. What if he were to go mad? Would Cain have to fight him? Would he even stand a chance?

Cain glanced around to free his mind. The sun was setting, and there was a distinct absence of people as they were all settling down inside their homes and shops. The trio of duelists remained relatively undisturbed as they walked down the road.

Ah, right. There was also Terrell. Who was to say that, indeed, he was not a member of the Cult of Shadows? The role of a bumbling brat might very well be a good, if maybe flawed, disguise. The way Cain thought this kid was, Terrell might just have the mind to rat out Ben and Cain's actions in exploded proportions, and it could almost work.

So much to consider... Why does everything have to change so fast? How is it that in less than a day, my entire life can be flipped upside down? It was a lament with no real answer that Cain found himself pondering as the station came into full vision.

Terrell had no choice but to walk to the station with Benjamin and Cain. Refusing to do so would pretty much confirm their suspicions that Terrell was in the Cult of Shadows, which would put Terrell in a very risky position. So to keep the lie going, Terrell acted as if he had no problems with going to the station, almost as if he was happy too. Almost because Terrell didn't seem to be happy most of the time, even if he was.

As the trio walked to the station, Terrell had to wonder why Benjamin wanted Terrell to give an account of what had happened. It was rare for somebody to ask Terrell to explain something, for obvious reasons. If Benjamin was so keen to prove that the Cult of Shadows was a real threat, then Terrell was the last person to chose to help. Not that Benjamin had a choice, Terrell realized. Cain, Terrell and himself were Benjamin's only witnesses- a fact which Terrell could use to his advantage later on.

When the station came into sight Terrell was filled with dread. This was the place were his allegiance could be uncovered, and where he could be sent to prison. But it was also the place where he could gather masses of information for the Cult of Shadows. Terrell gritted his teeth, determined to overcome this obstacle. "Well, then I suppose we're here and made it," Benjamin remarked quietly, not sure whether he was was talking to the other two or himself.

Only a few minutes after Terrell, Cain, and Benjamin had left the pillar, Madora had arrived. The sun was setting in the sky, creating a beautiful sunset full of vibrant oranges and pale purples. It also meant that there was nobody else hanging around the pillar, especially due to the nippy weather, to Madora's advantage. She approached the grand stone pillar, easily identifying the symbols she had helped to carve earlier. Absent-mindedly Madora started stroking the symbols. They were so elegant, and they represented the work of the Cult which meant so much to her.

Madora shook her head, snapping back to reality. She had come here for a reason, not just to admire the beauty of the scene. Hurriedly she whipped her smart phone from her handbag- the latest model of course- and starting taking photos of all the etchings. Madora took several photos each symbol, so that she wouldn't make mistakes with the pictures later on.

After checking her gallery had everything she needed, Madora settled her phone back into her bag. She took a few moments deciding which unmarked pillar was closest, then she set off again. The sun glowed on her back as she walked, almost like a hand showing her the way.

Bill's Restaurant and card shop. Auto-repair and card shop. Card shop and card shop. "Damn... where is it?" Pat thought aloud as he scanned through the buildings. His trenchcoat blew in the breeze as he rode through town looking for the lawnmower repair and cardshop. Then finally stopped, drifting semi-perfectly into the parking space.

On the side walk, he pushed to women over to get to Mechazawa and Apostolos.

"Sup"

Apostolos offered a friendly wave, "Ah Pat you are here! Most excellent, now that we have all gathered, it is time to go out and mark our territory." Apostolos smiled ear from ear.

"Alright then. Let's see this new gang sign is, shall we?" Mechazawa asked as he strolled towards the pillar, searching for the symbol.

Apostolos held out his spray-pay can, ready for action as he followed Mechazawa to the pillar. "Yes it will be quite interesting to see what symbol they use. It will give us an insight to the ga-" Apostolos stumbles for a bit, before he recovers his balance. "The gang and how they view themselves. *HIC*"

"Ah, found it." Mechazawa said as he circled the pillar.
"Uh, it looks like a man in a dress. Wearing a dunce cap? Then there's a ball of fur with eyes, an elf or something, and some kind of goofy looking dragon", he knelt down to get a closer look, "Let's see- goodness, they've put a lot of effort into this, haven't they? Look, they got a bunch of gibberish writing and everything. Oh well, nothing to do but take it off. Luckily, this is very soft stone, so we can sand and file this down easily."
With that, Mechazawa pulled a piece of steel wool from his bag and started to sand the obelisk smooth.

Apostolos followed Mechazawa to the pillar, as he peered at the strange carvings. "*HIC* T-those are strange signs from the gang. Well then..." Apostolos shooks his paintcan as he moved to another side of the pillar.

Apostolos began spray-painting with his dark purple can of paint. "Yes..." Apostolos said. He began painting the phrase "HE WAS A WISE MAN WHO INVENTED BEER." Apostolos chuckled. "Ah yes, this will be good. OH, wait, if you need to sand over the side I am working on..." Apostolos stumbled on his feet for a bit, as he placed his hand on the pillar to stabilize himself. "Tell me." Apostolos said as he nodded, and continued spray-painting the pillar.

Status
Not open for further replies.