Yu-Gi-Oh!: Return of the Shadows (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"No, no, it's fine. They appear to have only put it on one side of the pillar." Mechazawa said, the pictures of Celtic Warrior and Blue-Eyes White Dragon falling before his mighty, relentless scrubbing. "I mean, really, if you're going to leave a message or whatever this is there's no need to make it so complicated. I mean, if you're going to this much trouble, why not just become a street artist?", he shook his head, "Some people."

Apostolos shrugged, as he continued painting his phrase. "Let's see... I need it to pop right off the pillar..." Apostolos mused to himself. He continued writing the phrase in a style, now manipulating the depth perception of the image.

"Mechazawa..." Apostolos inquired, "What sort of tag do you think you are going to make?"

"Hmm. You know, I'm not entirely sure." He paused for a second, the Kuriboh picture nearly gone. "I suppose I'll just use this." He tapped the insignia on his shirt.

Pat stood in silence as he looked at the obelisk. He pressed his hand against the stonework as well as the etchings that were recently put there. Pat then cocked his arms back and punched the markings. He had no real reason to. He just felt like he wanted to do it. Pat shook his paint can before holding the spray nozzle towards the stone and began leaving his mark.

"U R A FAGET" it read, painted all over the markings.

Madora had been happily walking through the gentle grass, day dreaming about how gratified Caleb would be when he discovered the great work she'd done. Or that she would have done, at least. Everything was ready for her to mark another one of the city's pillars, and Madora was certain nothing would stop her. Until she happened to pass by one of the pillars that the Cult of Shadows already had etched into. A pillar which was currently being defaced by three men.

Fury pumped through Madora's body instead of blood. These men were destroying the Cult of Shadows sacred work, as if it were worthless. They were rubbing away the important symbols, replacing them with idiotic phrases. "How dare they?" Madora thought, feeling like she personally had been insulted. Absolutely furious, Madora rushed up to them. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" Madora screeched, face hotter than fire, "You vandals! Hoodlums!"

Aposotolos turned his head as he was continuing his drawing. "Miss!" Apostolos stated "You shouldn't be out here, it is dangerous. There's a group of delinquents called uh... The Chaos Boyz, or something." He said slurring a bit of the words. "I suggest you get back home. I would not like to hear about a lady getting hurt by that gang who has some lame name. And yes I thought of all the philosophical inquiries and it resulted with that gang having a lame name." Apostolos continued spray painting on the pillar.

He said something to Mechazawa and Pat, "That gang really did some shoddy artwork huh? I mean sure they put effort into it but it was highly unoriginal, and honestly it was really ugly." Aposotolos was drawing some swirls, as he glanced around. "Are you still here miss? The Card Fetish Freakos may be in the area and I'm not sure what they'd do to maidens like you..." Apostolos continued his work.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seemed to Madora that Apostolos was drunk. Not just a little tipsy, but properly drunk. Which is probably why Apostolos said what he did, despise his intelligent mind. But being drunk didn't mean that Madora would hold back against Apostolos after he'd managed to offend her so deeply. What Apostalos had said about the Cult of Shadows made Madora more resentful than she'd ever felt before. In fact it made Madora angry to the extent that she walked right up to Apostolos, and punched him square in the face with all of her might.

"Firstly, women can damn well look after themselves, as I've just demonstrated, you sexist pig. Secondly, the name is Cult of Shadows, it's not hard to remember unless you're a dimwit," Madora hissed, her face Apostolos' punched one, "And finally, the meaning of that damn magnificent art is far, far, beyond your puny little mind. So you'd better leave here right now, before I have to get my hands dirty to remove you scum. Clear?" If poison had ever dripped from words, it would have been these ones. There was no way Madora was letting anybody get away with insulting the Cult of Shadows.

"You did not just punch my friend." Mechazawa said as he dropped his steel wool, the Dark Magician almost completely erased now.
"You did not.", He said, stepping forward, "Just punch.", he dropped his bag, "My friend."

"I'll just be leaving, now." Standing up, Placido rose from his place on the mat, rolled it up, and walked away from the group arguing over the pillar. He shook his head, he thought at least the cop would have been able to detect him.

"You should go home, now, it's your bedtime." His sister gave him an annoyed look, then gave off a sigh as she walked off. Cole walked off to one of the Pillars, of course, he heard a bit of commotion from the group of guys he was watching earlier, he headed off on the opposite side instead, hoping to find a more peaceful location to duel.

The group of three duelists walked into the station with Benjamin leading the way. He was stopped momentarily by an individual working at the front desk who inquired who the other two were, but was quickly dismissed when the young officer shortly stated they were with him and were going to be giving a report to the Commander himself.

Leading Cain and Terrell away to a staircase, he made them follow him up several flights of stairs until they reached the floor Benjamin knew the Commander's office was in. He walked all the way to his room and entered in without knocking, something which normally would have incurred the wrath of the Commander.

"Castellar what-"

"Yeah yeah, save it. You two," Benjamin said irratatedly, "Tell him what happened at the Prime Pillar."

Apostolos was punched square in the jaw, as he dropped the paint-can. Apostolos glanced at Madora, as he picked up his spray-can and began working again. Apostolos acted like that punch didn't mean anything. "Ah, the Covenant of Shitlings you mean." Apostolos finished a bit of spray-painting, as he took his satchel off. "Hm, well, Mechazawa, she is a sympathizer for those freaks, if not one of those freaks." Apostolos stared at Madora, as he walked a bit closer and smiled. As soon as he smiled Apostolos quickly grabbed Madora by her collar as he slammed her against the Pillar, as he proceeded to knee her in the gut repeatedly.
"YOU LITTLE BITCH! DID YOU THINK YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH ATTACKING US IN OUR TERRITORY!" Apostolos gave a quick nod to Mechazawa and Pat, as he held her against the pillar. "He is a man of courage who does not run away, but remains at his post and fights against the enemy... So say Socrates." Apostolos said as he continued kneeing her in the gut repeatedly.

Mechazawa stopped and looked on in approval, prepared in case the woman tried to escape. Apostolos could handle this chick, easy.
If these vampire wannabes wanted to take the delinquents on... well, he was sure they would get the message. Nothing a few broken bones wouldn't get across.

Last edited:
The procedure through the station went about as well as could be expected, to Cain. It was when Benjamin so sharply entered the Commander's room and just burst with an annoyed attitude to get this out of the way. Cain easily guessed that he didn't like the Commander, but this was rather uncalled for.

"Er, excuse me for this," Cain seemed to apologize for being a part of this heavy interruption as he stepped forward. With a steady breath, he began, "I am Cain Alabast. I am a sort of archaeologist, and a basic duelist myself. After hearing about the recent matters with the so called 'Cult of Shadows', I-" Cain hesitated to continue as the chief sighed notably in irritation. "...Well, the Cult has been making inscriptions on the Prime Pillars. I figured that if the rumors regarding the Cult's intentions were true, then these inscriptions could possibly connect all the way to the ancient Shadow Games, where the Duel Monsters game has drawn much inspiration... from."

The Commander was obviously bored and sick of this explanation, it probably being something he's heard before in different wording. Cain had to rub his temples a bit to maintain his composure; he could definitely see where Ben's dislike to this man came from, but Cain wasn't going to give up.

"Long story short, the inscriptions do indeed connect back to the Shadow Games," Cain said with a bit more force and speed, trying to better hook the Commander's attention. "It would appear that, when such inscriptions are put on an obelisk like the Prime Pillars, then someone, with the proper ritual, could actually use the Pillar to call forth a pocket of the Shadow Realm." The Commander twiddled his pen with no more interest than before.

"I know this," Cain said yet more seriously, "because just today, two Cultists approached Mister... Castellar and I, and preformed such a ritual in order to challenge us to not a duel, but a Shadow Game. While in the Shadow Realm, all of the the cards in Duel Monsters become real monsters and spells. And whoever loses such a Duel, loses their life," Cain emphasized.

"When we defeated these Duelists, there was nothing left of them." Cain motioned to Ben to had him the confiscated Duel Disk. When he did so, Cain held it forward to show it off to the Commander. "Nothing but this." Cain made a show of pointing out how the Cultist's Duel Disk was very literally scorched and scratched in many places. "If this is what the Cult of Shadows is capable of doing, having them inscribe all of the Prime Pillars may allow them to pull the entire city into the Shadow Realm."

Cain finished with that, resuming an idle stance and waiting for a reaction.

The Commander stroked his mustache as he thought over the story that Cain had just told. Aside from the report about the so called Shadow Game that was made, all the suspicion on the true potential of the Cult of Shadows was pretty much the same stuff Benjamin would always mention to him whenever the Department Officers encountered Cultist related activities. It....

Was really starting to get old now. Benjamin was 18, and this other guy looked to be about the same age. Were they really still that naive to be believing in mere rumors? That scorched up duel disk didn't mean anything to him, it was probably just another result of the rigged duels these hoodlums set up to scare people. The Commander narrowed his glazed eyes at Benjamin.

"Castellar, we've been over this too many times before, and it is really starting to make me question you ability to stay within the Department. I let you in at such a young age because you showed promise, but now I'm starting to think I should have waited."

Benjamin clenched his fists, and for a brief second the Iswarm symbol on his duel disk flickered with red light.

"Commander, sorry but.... ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS?! I literally have brought you two eye witnesses that attest to my suspicions, and you still won't even consider taking this more seriously?!"

The Commander banged his fist on the desk he was sitting at in an attempt to warn Benjamin to watch his tone. He wouldn't be having some teenage punk talk to him like an equal, or less than one at that.

"Watch your tongue, boy. I've already sent several of the Department's officers to go and keep watch across the places the Cult is currently targeting, be thankful for at least that!"

"Mere rookies that probably couldn't even hold their own against my ten year old cousin!" Benjamin spat back with anger.

The old fool is blinded... mind clouded with different influences. He will not relent...

The voices of the Iswarms whispered in Benjamin's head once more, making him glance over to Cain for a brief second as he remembered what they had said about his connection to the Red-Eyes Darkness Dragon. Clouded with different influence? Probably because some of the other stupid jackasses here at the Department supported him in his belief that the Cult was just some geekish gang looking for attention.

You should kill him... challenge him to a Shadow Game, make him realize the truth, then claim yourself as the new leader.

This voice was more shrilly and even childlike, and for a few seconds Benjamin could see what looked to be a Steelswarm Scout flying outside the window in the distance. Now that... that was creepy.

The Commander interrupted Benjamin's thoughts as he stood up from his desk and approached Benjamin with anger. He reached out for him, then forcefully yanked off his badge.

"Your insolence has annoyed me for long enough. I'm in charge here, not you. You're out Castellar, I'm not having officers in my department who still believe in fairy tales. I hear one report from anyone of you being anywhere near my officers' and the Cult areas, and I'll have you arrested. Get out."

Benjamin was literally shaking with fury now. Really? Just like that? He has one damn outburst and the idiot just decides to take away his position?! No... this wasn't happening... this wasn't fucking happening! Even other officers would get a warning and some sort of disciplinary action, but this?! This was ridiculous. Benjamin glared at the Commander before grabbing the damaged duel disk and tossing it as his feet.

"You know what Greggy," Benjamin said as he disrespectfully called his former Commander by the diminutive of his first name, "You're going to be real sorry when you realize everything I've been saying is true..."

Benjamin stormed out of the office, still not believing that things had gone as badly as they had now....

Madora's vision was going black around the edges. The imbecile before her was relentlessly kneeing her in the gut, talking about defending his territory. It wouldn't be his territory for long if Madora could help it. Madora wasn't going down without a fight, even though she was choking up blood right now. The fool had forgotten to restrain her arms, which now dangled by her pockets where a special item layed- a switch blade. She quickly grabbed the switch blade, and put the knife right next to his throat. "I'd stop...kicking me n-now," Madora coughed, using all her energy to hold the blade firmly to his throat, "One wrong m-move and...you could die. Goes for...y-your friend too." Madora kept her eyes trained on Apostolos, so that she could tell if he was going to try anything or not. If he would dare to with a blade against his throat, which Madora didn't doubt the fool would.

---

Terrell stood in the background silently. He didn't particularly care if Benjamin got in trouble- in fact it was to his advantage. Terrell had been planning on giving a bad account to put off investigation of the Cult, put it seemed it wasn't necessary. He didn't even need to sneak off to find out how much information had been gathered, considering how seriously the department took the Cult of Shadows. Holding back a smile, Terrell watched the chaos unfold. This would be great news for the head of the Cult.

Terrell followed Benjamin out of the office, hoping he'd be allowed to leave soon.

"Apostolos. Stop." Pat commanded, placing his hand between his friend and the girl. "That is no way to treat a lady." he stated, pushing Apostolos off. In his wake was a myriad of paintings of Sonic the Hedgehog in varying degrees of bad, spray painted randomly through the pillars. It was his favorite. There was a blank look in his eyes as he stared down the cultist. He held his hand out. "Need help?" he asked before pulling his hand away.

"Sorry girl, but I'm afraid I can't help rival gang members. I'll cut you a deal though. How about we duel for this spot? If I win, you and your gang leave forever. If I lose, then I will allow you to have..." Pat stopped and took a large breath. "MY COLLECTION OF SHREK MERCHANDISE!" he declared. He activated his pink duel disk with the cutesy anime girl on it, the edges glowing brightly.

"We gonna duel or what!?" he shouted.

Apostolos was pushed off his attack on Madora by Pat, hm, just in time to it would seem. The pillar may not have provided as much freedom for Apostolos to find a way to disarm the knife. As he was pushed off he kept his attention on Madora for a bit, as he was staring her daggers. Apolostolos walked towards Mechazawa, as he glanced at Pat. "Thanks for the disarm." Apostolos then shook his head a bit "Tch. Well, useful notes for future I suppose." he muttered to himself, with a bit of slurring, and as he clearly looked disappointed. Apostolos turned to Mechazawa, "Well this should be an interesting duel to observe at the very least." Apostolos started cheering up again.

Apostolos turned to Pat, as he gave him a thumbs up. "Show her the power in a game of card!" Apostolos offered a smile at Pat.

"I'm telling you, Apostolos-", Mechazawa mumbled back, "-pankration is all well and good, but nothing beats a good kneecap. Well, granted, curbing is a bit more effective, but it takes a lot longer. "
He glanced over at the Dark Magician's legs. Not being one to leave a task half-done, Mechazawa went back to sanding off the engravings.

Apostolos glanced at Mechazawa, "Well I know... but it is also about the style of it." he mumbled to him, "Plus I didn't have a good blunt object for breaking the knee.. Hm, well better keep that in mind for next time." Apostolos shook his head as he glanced at Mechazawa sanding the pillar, he smiled "A fine job." Apostolos quickly returned his attention to Madora and Pat.

Madora was both thankful and annoyed that Pat had pushed Apostolos off her. While it meant she was no longer being kicked, it also meant she couldn't use her lovely switch blade on Apostolos anymore. Shame. But she still kept it ready by her side, considering the evil glares Apostolos was giving her.

Panting from the beating, Madora considered Pat's duel challenge. "I'd like to edit the terms. If you win myself and my team shall keel away from this area. I can't speak for the rest of the Cult, sorry. And if I win, instead I want you three staying away from this area," Madora proposed. Then she saw Mechazawa rubbing away at the pillar. "Also, can you jerks keep off the pillar while we're dueling," Madora added, twisting her knife threateningly.

Getting ready for the duel, Madora pulled her duel disk out of her bag. It was ebony in colour, and covered in short but sharp spikes. Some of the Cult of Shadows symbols decorated various areas with a ghostly white. Madora activated the disk, shoving her deck into it. "Okay, I'm ready!" Madora exclaimed, eager to kick some butt.

Status
Not open for further replies.