Yu-Gi-Oh!: Return of the Shadows (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pat didn't flinch. He only moved as the officer tried to strangle him. "You wouldn't kill me would you?" he asked calmly "after all, I am your only source of information."

Cole just stared. Thirty seconds passed.... then a minute.... before he registered what was being said. He turned his head, then turned back at the man before him. "..." He didn't say a word for the next three minutes, shifting his head back and forth, as if trying to process something. "...That's your house....?" He shook his head, "Okay, no offense.... But that's pretty pitiful.... Ah! I know! We can be roommates! I live in an apartment not too far from here with my sister, how 'bout it?" With any other person, Cole's remark would have sounded condescending. Instead, he had a sort of dense look, as if someone could threaten to kill him and he wouldn't mind until he realized the actual intention. If his smarter sister were here, she would probably tell him off for making such bold offers, with no questions asked other than feeling sorry. "I mean.... well, the box can't be that warm, can it? My place isn't that well off either... but.... It DOES have a roof over it."

(Note: While in the profile it's his normal eye that's red, and his mechanical one that's brown, I'm switching the eyes to make him seem more natural.)
"Excuse me, but what are you doing here?"
Under the white hood, Placido opened his eye, and turned to face the figure, getting up as he did so. His mechanical eye, while not real, somehow looked even more glassy than other glass eyes, and had a way of unnerving weaker willed people. His brown eye blinked slowly, bags under it, as if he had never slept for a long time. "I could ask the same for you." Turning, he took a small pot of tea from it's place. He had placed the oddly shaped lantern on the ground, it had a flat top, and it had a candle burning inside. Oddly enough, there was no sign of wax anywhere on the lantern's glass. Anyone could put two and two together, he used the lantern to provide light, and to keep his tea warm. Pouring a cup, he took a long sip, "My apologies for being rude. I was taking a stroll and decided to rest my feet for a while, and prepare a bit of tea." The tea in question gave off a strong herbal scent, and judging by the well worn edges of the cup, Placido drank this tea often. "Would you like some....? Actually, hold off on that, it seems suspicious, no? Randomly offering a stranger tea. It could be drugged, after all." Standing up straight again, his knees gave out a creaking protest. Turning again to face the woman, he talked more directly, "Wherever your going, would you like a light source? I memorized the path here, and my.... eye is quite adapted to the night." Holding up the lantern in one hand, he made the small offer, his one human eye looking wearily past her, searching for a path, while his red, mechanical eye stared directly at her, seeming to be almost alive in it's own sense.

Madora observed Placido with curiosity, her eyes shamelessly assessing him. Placido's mechanical eye seemed kind of eerie, although it fascinated Madora more than anything. The herbal tea he had brewed tempted Madora into having a sip with it's enticingly strong scent, despite how odd it seemed to be having tea here of all places. And there was simply something distinctive about his appearance- not that Madora was one to speak about such things. "How interesting," Madora noted, "I wonder what else there is that's abnormal about him. It's a shame I can't get to know him right now- I'll have to do so another time." But as Madora knew, however much she desired to learn more about him, she was dedicated to her quest. Which meant trying to get rid of him.

Looking him right in the eye, Madora declined courteously, "I'm fine, but thank-you for the offer. I've already gotten to where I was travelling to. This pillar...it's particularly special to me, more so than the rest." At this point Madora began acting bashful, performing her well-revised role of the cute yet embarrassed girl she wasn't. Madora even forced a blush, doing so by thinking of a certain boy she was fond of. "Aha, you probably don't care about that though," Madora dismissed, making she wasn't keeping eye contact with him any more, "Like you said, you're just a stranger with some suspicious tea." Of course, she did actually want him to ask about why she was here. That way Madora could give an excuse that would hopefully make him want to leave, purely out of respect. Even if it didn't prompt him to delve deeper, it set her up well for many other tactics.

Darius gave him a good hard look before replying "Yes a house would probably be warmer. I will accept the offer, but first answer me this, do you know me?" He looked at the man with a hopeful gleam in his eye.

Cole gave a sheepish look, then scratched his head, "Know you? Sorry, but to be honest, I just... moved here, so I don't know the people that well, sorry...." Turning around he started walking, to the direction of his house, "Coming?" Cole clearly didn't understand the ramifications of Darius's question, and the thought most likely just passed through his head. Instead, he started whistling a short tune as he walked, rambling along as he did so, "If ya didn't have dinner, we're having fried rice today. Rice is cheap enough to buy en masse, though the cooking was a bit difficult, my sister Mary found out a way to do it with this old microwave this guy threw away. She's a smart girl, but sometimes I get worried she isn't getting raised right, with.... our parents being away, and all. Hope you don't mind health too much, I'm adding a whole lot of spam to add flavor to it. Also, I'm adding eggs, and...." He rambled a WHOLE lot about food, how cheap some of it was, and his sister.

"This pillar is quite special indeed, in that it hasn't been marked yet." Turning away from the seemingly bashful girl, he faced the pillar again, "Though, that's subject to change. I overheard an officer talking about the Cult of Shadows, a group that marks the pillars. Most likely for.... religious reasons? However, I can't really judge them until I know their true intentions. Also, he was talking to a man with goggles. I believe he was chastising a child with black hair, blonde highlights, and red and black clothing." Turning back to the girl, he seemed to search her face for a reaction. However, before he could even complete his turn, he involuntarily winced, and his hand made a small jerking movement to his stomach. Quickly, he turned away, and seemed to quickly adjust something over his robes. A small crimson drop of blood splashed onto the pavement. "Tch..!" Slowly, he turned again, facing her, "My apologies. A recent injury has forced me to act more cautiously. It has caused me to forget some... formalities. May I ask your name? I prefer to call myself Omen." His robe was a bit more disheveled, as if something had recently disturbed it. No further blood dropped to the ground, and "Omen's" face was as deadpan as before. He took his cup of tea, which was resting on the lantern, and took a long drink. The tea had an odd coloring to it. While in the darkness it was brown, when it was held to the lantern, it held an orange hue. Stranger still, when the drink was disturbed, the tea seemed to turn a shade of green. He rose his cup to take another sip, before realizing the cup was empty. Keeping himself busy, he lifted the pot of tea and poured another cupful into the waiting cup. Somehow, the lantern held enough heat to keep the tea steamed. He seemed to discard something into a pocket of his robe, appearing only for an instant as a cotton material, stained with red. Finding himself idle once more, he looked at the girl, expecting an answer. Perhaps she's waiting for her lover? It would explain for the...abashed look on her face. In that instance, it would be unfortunate for her if her lover were to find us chatting, some people can be quite irrational. I suppose I should be leaving soon. Taking a sidelong glance with his normal eye at the pillar, he seemed to whisper a word.

Status
Not open for further replies.