X-Men Institute, OOC

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Took a little longer than expected but Eva aka Wildfire is finally up and ready for judgment lol.
@CaptainObvious @Ragamoofin

Looks good to me!!!! Accepted!!! Welcome aboard!!! Well done!

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Looks good to me!!!! Accepted!!! Welcome aboard!!! Well done!
Thanks. Yeah she's one of my more favorite character I've made lol.

I'll get her intro post up tonight.

Reactions: Ragamoofin
I'd like to remind everyone that this is a pretty laid back, free form RP! Have your character explore the campus, meet new characters or just goof off! Have fun!

qbd2XHL.gif

Of course! :D

Also, @Gands , I hope I don't seem like I'm rushing you, but I think it might be your turn in the RP!
tenor.gif

Ansell is wandering about and free if anyone wants to jump right in!!

Here's hoping everyone had a good weekend!!!

Name: Marvin B(alli). Cordell.

Nicknames: Marv, Bellend, Greenhorn, Sprout, Fry.

Alias: Maelstrom.

Sex: Male

Enrolled: No, currently lives within the city.

Relationship status: Bisexual and single.

Appearance: Swimming since he could stand, Marvin's time spent at sea allowed him to develop a weathered, boxy physique. Broad in the shoulders and of tight muscle and fat, Marvin is very whale-like in his trait of producing a blubbery, insulating layer under his skin. An expert swimmer with a taste for the ocean's bounty, Marvin's diet made him gain an additional layer to his fat, thickening him and leaving him more than a little husky. Height seemingly predetermined to be far below average, Marvin stands at a modest five feet.

Speaking of feet, close inspection of Marvin shows that he has a very aquatic physiology. Though they usually appear normal, Marvin's fingers and toes have webs between them and can extend for greater power in the water. Marvin's eyes are adapted for navigating the water's depths, and so, better at seeing in the dark than in the light. Marvin's eyes are sensitive, and he typically wears protective goggles. Rarely seen, Marvin has piercing brown eyes. Hickory hair falling over his shoulders when out of the massive braids he puts it in, Marvin's hair has just begun growing out of chop he last put it through.

Even though he isn't at all bothered by the cold at sea, Marvin dresses comfortably warm at all times, wearing scarfs and sweaters unless the weather calls for something more breezy. Marvin is rarely seen without his boots, waterproof and trusty as ever.

Family Resemblance: The older brother to Ansell by a mere six and a half minutes, Marvin is the twin brother of Ansell, and despite their superficial differences, the two look exactly alike. Beyond looking alike, Marvin and Ansell sound the same, their accents the only real tell in their voice; Ansell has a subtle French one, Marvin's is somewhat heavier.

Personality: Marvin is a person of great mirth, it's hard to remember a time spent around him when he's not a beacon of cheer. Sneaky and mischievous to no end, Marvin has a habit of pulling the odd prank. At sea, he's a menace, in the city, he's an imp. Rarely serious and always light-hearted, to say Marvin has adapted a 'go with the flow' mentality would be an understatement. Marvin takes things as he reaches them, forgoing stressing over the future as he lives in the now, seeking out thrills instead of waiting for one. Marvin carves out his stories, an unstoppable force with a thirst for adrenaline, the world is Marvin's oyster.

Marvin lives for the rush of adrenaline, and has become something of a junkie on it. Fearless, determined, and impatient, Marvin tends to jump right into danger without thinking twice about it. Competitive to a fault, Marvin's greatest rival is himself, constantly pushing himself to one-up even his own feats. Satisfied with nothing for long, Marvin has the tendency to drop obligations, and even people, if he gets bored. Marvin is uncomfortably being in one spot for too long, and the best relief for that is to get out.

A passionate and easygoing soul, Marvin's presence is like a sea breeze:
cool.

Powers and Abilities: Like many mutants born in the peculiar town of Oddsend, Marvin's mutation occurred at birth, his powers manifesting in early childhood alongside a secondary mutation. A mutant born for the water, Marvin developed fitting physical changes in his youth.

Amphibious Adaption: Marvin's body has developed to life under water, and while he prefers the water, Marvin can live on land without any ill effect.

Hydrokinesis: A mutant capable of manipulating water, Marvin's life at sea has trained his power to great heights, large bodies of water comfortably within his range. Marvin is capable of generating his own water, a technique he performs by drawing moisture from the environment around him.

Cyrokinesis: Branching off from his main power, Marvin is more than capable of manipulating, and even creating, ice. As a result of his mutation, Marvin is unaffected by the cold.

Strengths: Simply put, Marvin is a disaster for his opponents. His tactic for using his power tends to be in the same fashion of the ocean itself: relentless. Marvin dominates with his element, using brute force to decimate in lieu of finesse. Making up for a lack of true discipline in his water manipulation in his personal feats, Marvin is a skilled rescuer and medic. Although he has not been to actual school for delivering first aid, Marvin has a natural sense of a person's body and, through extending his hydrokinesis, can even control blood to a certain degree.

Being raised at sea, Marvin is an excellent guide and captain in the water, his power allowing him to all but command the ocean.

Weaknesses: Elementally, fire and heat opposes Marvin. If the environment he's in is too dry, Marvin cannot use his ability. The same can be said for environments simply too hot to maintain liquid states, Marvin will be similarly impaired.

Marvin's range with his ability is great, but his hydrokinesis is a work of will and energy, and it does tax him. Marvin's time spent using his ability while at sea has trained his limits, but they still exist. Marvin can comfortably manipulate a lake's worth of water, and at his current max, exert his control roughly over a mile. Due to the mental strain of overexerting himself, Marvin cannot manipulate this much water for long.

Bio: With his parents' as two local heroes, and powerful mutants at that, Marvin and his elder siblings fell in the public eye of the township. The third of the siblings to begin to hone their powers, Marvin's gift called to the sea, and for years he sailed in his father's vessel upon their town's sea. In all his father's years, never had the waters been so calm. Marvin's powers had lead him to the water, and it was on the water that he truly began to explore his powers. The seas answered his call, the waves bent at his hand, and the bounties he pulled in for his town was perhaps his greatest gift.

Marvin was called a hero long before he'd even hit his teens, did his parents proud, and made a name for himself on the waters before he was ready to be called an adult.

People, from some school up in Paris, had came. Asking him to join, to leave to study his mutation there. At the time, he declined, finding his duty in his hometown to be more important than having some doctors prod around with him. Maybe it was by a small grace that he stayed when they'd moved, when he'd taken the ship as far as he could, and when his brother had -

Ansell left. By the end of the spring, Marvin had expected him to come back. By the sum
mer, he had hope. When winter came, and the waters turned icy, Marvin knew Ansell wasn't coming back.

All the better for him. Marvin didn't hold it against his brother to stay in the states, under the care of the school there. He'd only wished he'd gone with him.

"Guess wishes do come true, huh?"

Anything else: Marvin has a huge jewelry collection, and depending on his willingness to dig it out, might be seen wearing some very pricey jewelry. Don't ask him the price, the ships went down ages ago.

Marvin is a pescatarian, his favorite fish being Alaskan salmon.

Marvin has assumed an alter ego as Maelstrom, but has not created a costume.

• Love
Looks good to me. Accepted.

• Love
Reactions: Ragamoofin
Marvin showing up to the institute like:
tumblr_nquqt4ooNn1se4o5fo1_500.gif

Reactions: CaptainObvious
I can't wait for twin antics with Marvin and Ansell.

giphy.gif

Nice to hear!! Good luck!!!

• Love
Guess who came up with a bunch of fused powers!!!

15551158.jpg

Eva/Octavia

Pyresong

Triggers combustion of matter by sonic acceleration., can be activated by screaming.

Con: Must be able to speak, dense objects are harder to explode properly.

Tiffany/Octavia

Roc
keteer

Makes use of sonic propulsion to dash at unbelievable speeds.

Con: Due to the speed of propulsion, maneuverability is drastically weakened.

Jaime/Jack

Trojan

Strength² and a dermal armor that is bullish in appearance.

Con: Rage seems to be a factor in strength, but a striking loss of control can occur if left unchecked.

omg I have work in the morning why did I stay up this long
Bones+Thought+44.jpg