Who Might You Be?

The fact that his fit hit home and most likely broken if not seriously injured Kai's nose had Tanner relaxing just a little bit.
However, he still wasn't anyone near wanting to listen to some dumbass excuse!
Squeezing the shirt in his left hand the boy stepped forward, eyes glaring daggers into the other.
"Oh yeah? I'm sure you weren't. You probably had it all thought out to begin with!"
Of course Tanner had come across situations like this, where someone wants to take him in just to use him.
Though he wasn't expecting it from a damned kid!

"I don't care what the hell you were thinking but you're not getting anything from me!
I might live on the streets but it's a hell of a lot better than being someone's bitch!"

Damnit all he wanted to punch him again but his knuckles were already starting to bruise from the first hit.
"Tch. Leave me the hell alone!"
Turning Tanner headed back towards his normal hang out, further away from the school by two and a half streets.
Hopefully some other homeless idiot hadn't taken his blanket and stashed box of crackers.

"Dammit I never expected anything from you! I'm not making you do anything you don't want to do nor am I trying!" Kai seemed to snap at Tanners accusations. Even though his nose hurt like hell he began to follow after him, knowing he had a high chance of getting hit again. "I'm sorry ok? I didn't plan this shit to happen- you think I'm that much of a creep to invite someone like you into my home just so I can pull something like that?! I've never thought that way about another guy like that in my life. I cant choose who I'm attracted ….to…" Kais voice had lowered from yelling to a soft tone. He had just admitted he liked tanner. It was one thing to think it but it was another to actually say it out loud. He glanced around slightly to notice that nobody else was really around to hear what he had just admitted. But then again that didn't matter. Turning his eyes back to tanner he sighed "I fucked up ok… I'm sorry I made you think this way of me"

Tanner paused about ten yards in front of Kai, listening but not really wanting to hear.
Even if the kid had a crush on him he couldn't help but think of all those times those guys didn't have a crush on him, just wanted to crush him.
Turning halfway towards the other he stared for several long moments.
If he went back right now he'd be on edge and really apprehensive, let alone school starting?
If that was even part of the plan at all.

With a loud sigh that lifted and fell his shoulders Tanner turned to face away again.
"I can't be here right now..."
His voice was quiet, the anger gone but replaced with confusion.
He needed to think this one through because what Kai said did make partial sense and he had his parents there as well.
They seemed to care a lot about their son...and he'd just gone and near broke his nose.
Perfect.

Tanner's feet started walking slowly towards his usually spot.
Perhaps he'd come back later but right now he needed space.

Kai stopped following him when he said that last. Tanners tone of voice had changed completely. Kai said his piece and what more could he do. With a slight frown, Kai rubbed at the blood that now coated his lips and chin. It was best to leave him be for now. He was old enough to make his own choices right? With that in mind, Kai turned to cross the street. He had no time to stop back at home to clean up or grab his bag. He would have to clean up the blood at school. He gave Tanner one last glance before crossing the street. Long strides carried him quickly even though he was already late for school.

Tanner didn't look back until Kai was hurrying away.
He was thankful the other didn't try to follow him and while watching the kid leave he felt a slight twinge of guilt.
It wasn't his fault that his idea of physical attraction had been warped by perverted older men.
Of course none of them actually got him anywhere near where Kai had been this morning but they'd definitely tried.
The boy spent most of his morning and afternoon in his spot in the back alley behind the bakery.
It probably wasn't the smartest place to be if you hadn't eaten in awhile cause the person who owns the store is amazing at cooking and the smells are to die for.
Heck, he even fed Tanner the leftover loaves a few times since he'd seen the kid while taking out the trash.

BY the time school let out he was sitting up on the high brick wall in front of the school, watching as a few after school teachers started coming towards him.
They could never get him down but they sure as hell tried.
His eyes were more concerned (for god knows why) in finding the boy from this morning.
He didn't really know what he was gonna say, if anything, but for some reason he really wanted to see him.

Tanner actually had his shirt on this time though, unlike all those other times he'd hung out in front of the school.
Guess the show would be a bit less for the girls to scream about now.

Kai had cleaned himself up the moment he got to school. Of course his classmates asked him a million questions but he refused to answer. By the time the last bell rang Kai headed outside to go home, though the moment he saw that all too familiar boy perched up on the wall he stopped in his tracks. He had not expected Tanner to show up at all so this was a surprise to him. Looking up at the boy, it was only a matter of time before their eyes met. Kai wasn't quite sure what to do yet, so their connection didn't last very long. Looking away slightly, he turned his attention to a bunch of girls who ran over to the wall to giggle and flirt with Tanner.

Tanner had his eyes on Kai the second he saw the boy walk out the front doors.
Their eyes didn't meet until several seconds later, then the kid actually looked away?
Hmmm.
He actually looked upset but about what? What he did or that Tanner had punched him in the face?
Eh, anyone's guess right now.

Either way, the kid shifted his attention to the girls below him that were practically begging for him to take his shirt off, wondering why he even had it on at all.
After a few moments of thought he shrugged and grabbed the bottom hem.
Lifting the fabric above his head Tanner sighed contentedly before setting it on the wall besides him.

The girls were squealing happily but the first person he saw when he opened his eyes was Kai.

Kai stole a few glances at Tanner while he removed his shirt. Eyes shifted from him to the girls once more, before rolling in a fit of jealousy. He wouldn't dare say it right then but he didn't like the way the girls were flirting with him. A sigh escaped his lips before he slowly walked over to the wall, making is way through the crowd of girls. It was then that he rested his hand on the wall and looked directly up at tanner. "for not wanting a girlfriend, you sure do like to please the women don't you?" he spoke in a mixture of a teasing and taunting tone, no doubt trying to hide his small flicker of jealousy. "come on.. Why don't you get down from there. You never now when it will rain" that final statement had a much softer tone to it. He was more so asking him to come down so they could talk things over if Tanner wanted to, away from everyone else that is.

Tanner watched as Kai walked over towards him.
He was pretty surprised the kid risked the wrath of the girls just to get right below him.
Looking down he listened to the kid's words, a smirk pulling at his lips when the other taunted him.
However, the last part had him feeling apprehensive.
He didn't want to talk...well. He didn't know 'how' to talk.

With a slight grimace at the question the girls surrounding Kai started grumbling at him to leave Tanner alone.
However, the homeless kid dropped down into the middle of the semi-circle as the girls started closing in on the other boy.
They were shocked into stepping back because the look on Tanner's face was no longer flirtation.
With a grumble under his breath he grabbed Kai's wrist and yanked him out the open gates, stalking off towards the kid's house area.

Once they got a decent few blocks from the school Tanner turned on him, crossing arms over his bare chest since he'd forgotten his shirt on the wall.

Kai looked a bit surprised when Tanner yanked him away. Though he was a bit grateful for that since the girls were starting to get a little crazy. When they came to a stop, close to his home Kai looked at the boy once again. "look.." Kai began quietly "I don't know what else I can say on the matter other than I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you like that or anything. I acted on the moment and I shouldn't have. But.. Have you decided what it is you want to do? The ball is in your court now.. You now I'm perfectly fine with having you stay with me but I'm not going to force you."

As Tanner listened he ran his fingers through his hair.
Was he going to stay?
Well...that really was the golden question. He thought he'd been played but when he rewound everything and replayed it in his head he sighed.
If Kai was serious about getting in his pants then he would have tried to fight or hold him down but he just let him walk away this morning.

A loud boom of thunder roared off in the distance, announcing a storm on the way shortly.

Meh.
This wasn't getting them anywhere.
With a shrug of his shoulders Tanner's dark blue eyes met Kai's.
"Alright...I'll come back. But...please don't do that when I'm half asleep..."
He meant 'do do that' at all, but guess it slipped his mind to clarify.

Kai turned his attention to the sky when he heard the thunder, though it quickly returned to Tanner when he spoke. "I won't" he assured while he began walking to his house. "and again.. I'm sorry" Kai seemed to repeat, glancing over his shoulder at Tanner. Kai couldn't really promise that he wouldn't try to kiss Tanner again in the future, but if it upset him this bad he was going to try his best. Tanner knew whereKai stood now, so if thigs were going to go any farther than they had that was entirely up to Tanner.

Tanner waited until Kai was a few steps ahead of him before starting back towards the house.
He was still on end but had calmed down quite a bit.

Once inside the storm started, nearly before they could duck through the door.
The boy walked into his room and looked around, a slight smile on his face.
Well, he had a place again but was it safe?

With a deep sigh he shook his head and looked down the hallway towards the game room.
Maybe he could learn how to turn one of those on...it should be pretty easy.

Walking into the dark room he flipped on a small light and headed over to a council.
Sitting down right there he stared at a playstation three in confusion.

Kai watched Tanner enter the game room. He waited a few moments before he followed and peeked his head into the room. When he saw Tanner simply sitting there he smiled a little "want me to show you how to get it set up?" he asked, his head resting lightly against the doorframe while he looked at Tanner. "It's easy once you know how to, and then you can just play whenever you want to" he explained in a soft voice.

Tanner flinched when he heard Kai's voice at the doorway.
Turning quickly his short hair whipped his face for a second, his expression of surprise slowly shifting to uncertainty.
"Oh...okay..."
The boy replied in a similarly quiet tone.
He was still a bit weary of being near the other guy but if he was just helping him set up the game it shouldn't matter much.

Kai stood in his place for a moment after Tanner finished speaking. He hated how he had made tanner obviously nervous around him. But now it couldn't be helped could it? He explained himself as best as he could for the time being and so now all he could do was keep his distance. He missed that shortly lived playful relationship they were growing together but as of right now that seemed like it wouldn't be returning anytime soon. Making his way into the room he knelt down in front of the system. Grabbing the cords to explain to him where hey went he began hooking up the system. When it was plugged in and ready to go he turned on the TV, which was already on the correct channel. "and then you just push this to turn it on" he finished as he pushed the power button on the system its self. "to play a game you just put it in here after opening it" he added and opened up the disk tray for him.

It took everything Tanner had no to shy away from the other kid as he knelt down besides him.
If he did that it would be much harder to see what was being shown, so, he squared his shoulders and toughed it out.
Kai didn't make any type of moves on him and actually just explained the system and how to get it on the TV working.
Once he finished Tanner had relaxed a tiny bit, letting out a breath he hadn't noticed he'd held.
"Okay...th-thanks..."

Getting up slowly Tanner went over to a shelf and looked at the games.
A moment later he came back with a shooter type, Halo 3.
Taking out the disc carefully he set it in the tray, then pushed it in.
Little did he know it was an Xbox 360 game and he just put it in a playstation.

Kai cracked a smile when he saw the wrong type of game dick being put into the system "if you want to play that game, you need this system" he said pointing to the X box. "I know its confusing if youre not used to it" he said reaching over to grab the game case and pointed "here it says the system it runs on. So you now what one the disk will go into" he explained, glancing at Tanner. He was sure to keep a bit of distance while he spoke.

(hehehehe, nice typo)

Tanner stared at the box for a moment, then noticed what Kai pointed out.
"Oh..." So that's why there were more then one system thing in the room.
They only played games specifically designed for them.
With a shrug he took the disk and put it back, snapping the case and putting it away.
"What about that one we played the other day?"
That machine seemed pretty easy to mess with.
If he remembered correctly Kai just pushed a button and then turned on the TV.

He grabbed smash bro's and opened its box.

(pfft it happens to us all dont it DX lol )

Nodding, Kai set up the correct system for the game. Carefully taking the disk from Tanner he put it into the system and handed him a controller "there" he said, a slight smile on his face. "um.. Well you have fun. I have some homework I need to work on" he said, eyes shifting away as he stood up. "if you need anything you know where to find me" he said before slowly heading for the door.