Who Might You Be?

"Heh."
Tanner started pushing all the buttons, watching what his selected character did on the screen.
About a minute later he was beating the pulp out of Kai's with a huge smirk on his face.
"Better start playing more serious or I'm gonna murder your guy!"
This was so totally fun! No wonder kids always had their faces in these games!
"I wonder if your parents would adopt me..."
That was said more quietly and too himself but it was just a hope. Of course taking on an extra kid was expensive and time consuming.
Bleh. Well, at least he could play games for a bit and forget about his situation.

Kai looked completely shocked when Tanner displayed how good he was at this particular game. Surly it had to be beginners luck, that's all. He found himself straightening his posture quite a bit as he began to play more seriously. His attention was fully on the game, using combos to fight back and slick movements to dodge. However when he heard Tanner say something about being adopted, Kai's character was defeated. He was no longer looking at the screen, but Tanner. "well… if adoption is something you're really interested in.." he began to say. To say the least, the statement had caught him off guard. Kai had no siblings, it was just always him in the house alone or with his parents. "Why don't we spend some time with my parents then in the next couple of days. Get them used to you and maybe we can see where things go" he suggested.

Tanner blinked and turned his head abruptly, eyes wide in surprise at what Kai had said.
"............r...really?"
Kai really wanted him as a brother? Wait...him and Kai being brothers?!
Tanner had always wanted a brother!
As the screen flashed to a new round Tanner's attention quickly turned to it and his pikachu started beating up Kai's character ferociously.
"Y-yeah...I'll try to be good..." He really wanted them to like him after all, especially if it meant having a home again.

Kai's attention turned back to the game quickly, using his character to fight back at full power. He used his best combos this round to land great deals of damage, as well as to skillfully dodge the attacks being launched on him. "I think as long as you don't do anything stupid, like steal or something, they wont hate or dislike you really. My parents like honest people" he explained briefly though his eyes and attention never left the game at hand.

Tanner grinned as his character gave Kai's a run for his fake money.
"I've only stolen bread and that was after the guy tried to hit me with it. So totally fair on that."
It hadn't even been very good but food is food when you live on the streets.

Getting off a few combos of his own Tanner was pretty surprised when the their two characters collided and the letters for TIE flashed repeated over the winner announcement.
"Heh. Guess we were made to do battle."
Looking over at Kai Tanner stuck his tongue out and grinned as pikachu and his character shook hands on the screen.

Kai's expression was enough to show how shocked he was that they had tied. Kai was pretty damn good at video games so a new player being able to tie with him was a shock. "I guess so.." Kai agreed. His head turning to look at Tanner with a playful smirk. "I'll have to practice some more I looks like if I want to beat you… but then again I'm sure it is just beginners luck" he spoke with a shrug "but anyway, it's getting kind of late. We should probably get some sleep if you want a good nights rest. Nothing worse than waking up for school and being too tired to function properly." Leaning forward, Kai shut off the game system and se the controller next to it, returning it to its rightful place.

Oh! He'd totally forgotten about having to get up for school!
Tanner's face quickly lit up and he ran over to set his own controller down as the system was shut off.
"Right right. I don't wanna be tired."
He quickly got to the door but then slammed on the brakes for a moment, turning back to look at Kai.
Er...
The other kid had been right behind him, probably wanting to go to sleep as well and now their faces were mere inches apart.

Tanner caught his breath and backed up a step, looking at the ground for a moment before focusing back up.
"W-well, um. Good night...and thanks for everything..."
The boy quickly scurried away, vanishing into his room and shutting the door quietly so he could get some of his clothes off for bed.

Kai's eyes met Tanners the moment he spun around. He seemed to linger in the moment their faces were so close to one another. Kai hadn't noticed it at the time, but he held his breath. He took the few seconds that felt like minutes to take in the boys every facial feature… especially his lips. Those tempting lips. A slight blush appeared on Kai's cheeks the longer they seemed to look at one another. Kai's mind seemed to got a bit fuzzy, al thought process was out the window when he found himself beginning to close the gap between them. Suddenly, he was snapped back to reality when Tanner awkwardly spoke and scurried off to his room. He was left standing in his place, realizing what he almost did. What had gotten into him? Obviously Tanner was getting under his skin, and he was beginning to enjoy the thought of that. "goodnight.." Kai whispered knowing full well the boy wouldn't have been able to hear him. A small smirk crept on his lips as he pushed his glasses further up his nose. So this was it, Kai finally accepted he wanted to make Tanner his. All it took was that one moment, the straw that broke the camels back so to speak. With that in mind, Kai made his way to his room for the night.

Tanner had stripped down to just his boxer shorts before crawling into bed.
His clothes lay at the foot of the bed, folded slightly out of habit.
When you didn't have much you tended to take care of things, even if they were just borrowed.
As morning came the boy was quietly snoring on his back, the blanket down around his waist and hands up near his head, one on the pillow the other hanging off the bed mostly.

He hadn't really paid much mind to what had happened last night at the door, just chalking it up to a near brush of surprise.
Hopefully Kai would wake him for school though because there was no alarm in the room that he'd seen and the kid was pretty much out cold.

Kai was always an early riser, so he expected he would wake up long before Tanner would. As he got ready for the day, thoughts of that moment last night kept entering his mind. For the life of him, he just couldn't quit thinking about it, yet at the same time he knew he didn't want to quit thinking about it. Taking a moment to look in the bathroom mirror Kai sighed to himself. "better go wake the kid up.." he muttered to himself. Pushing his glasses onto his nose and adjusting his uniform jacket to properly button it up, he turned and left the bathroom.

When he made his way to Tanner's door, he knocked only waiting a moment before pushing the door open. Peeking his head into the room his eyes shifted until they landed on Tanner. "hey, you better get up." a simple wakeup call to Tanner though he wasn't sure if that would be enough to wake the boy up. After all he didn't say it very loud.

Tanner didn't really hear anything even though the door squeaked slightly on its hinges and Kai spoke to him.
The boy just shifted slightly to get more comfortable, his head turning to the side and soft dark hair covering his left eye.
The snoring got a bit quieter but besides that there was no notice of the wake up call.

Perhaps just drag him out by his feet and laugh as his head hits the floor?
He'd probably laugh it off but if they don't hurry to school in the next half hour they're both gonna be late.
And being late at an expensive school? Not a good idea.

"Hey, Tanner!" His voice rose a bit louder that time as he made his way into the room. "You need to get up or we are going to be late!" he called. Walking over to the edge of the bed, Kai no doubt looked over Tanners body. Almost hesitantly he placed his hand on Tanner's shoulder. The feeling of Tanner's bare skin on his hand was nice, he was surprised how smooth it was. But there was no time to admire Tanner now, he had to wake him up. He shook his body gently at first, but when that didn't seem to do much he shook him more violently. Leaning in he put his lips right next to Tanner's ear. Drawing in a big breath before loudly blurting out his name "Tanner!!"

Tanner remained oblivious until he felt someone leaning over him.
The pressure on his shoulders also started to bring him around slightly but then the scream?
Yeah, totally worked.
"AHHHH!!"
He would have jumped up and out of bed but since the other was leaning over he reached up and grabbed Kai around the shoulders, his legs coming up with the blanket to wrap around his waist.
The added weight had the other falling onto the bed with him but Tanner was too surprised to release him yet.
"Wh-wh-what???"

Kai's eyes widened at Tanners sudden scream. To say the least, he made him jump. He hadn't expected to startle Tanner that much but apparently he did. When tanner latched onto him with his arms and legs Kai lost his balance, falling on top of the boy. Quiet laughs came from Kai's lips as he planted a hand on either side of tanner and pushed his torso up enough so he could look at Tanners face. "well that's one way to wake you up isn't it?" he said, beaming with a smile. But that was when he realized what kind of position the two were in. his large smile faded as he looked down at the boy beneath him. Right now, in this moment, Tanner looked so vulnerable to Kai. His expression had faded of all amusement in that instant their eyes met.

Tanner's face was flush as he panted, trying to calm himself down.
God! That was not the smartest thing to do to a kid who's lived on the streets!
At least he didn't punch Kai in the face and instead latched out.
Er...wait. Was he laughing?!
Tanner rolled his eyes and then leered, pursing his lips in slight annoyance as he looked up at the other.
His hair was a complete mess splayed over the pillow bringing true meaning to the word 'bed head'.
But, when Kai's expression changed he rose a brow slightly and tilted his head.
"Wh-what's wrong...?"

It came back to him now that they needed to go to school but something else seemed to be bothering Kai besides that.
"Kai?"
His arms carefully slid free from around the other, his legs following suit until Kai was free.

Kai seemed to move right along with Tanners arms and legs though. Just as they lowered, so did Kai's face until their foreheads were touching. He knew full well what he was doing, as well as possible ways Tanner would react. This could very well scare him away yet he was still taking the risk. Maybe it was a bit selfish, but Kai would never know how Tanner would react until he tried this silent way of telling Tanner how he felt about him. Without any further hesitation, Kai's eyes fell shut as his lips met Tanners. The kiss was almost feather light, leaving plenty of opportunity for Tanner to turn his head away if he wanted. Truth was, Kai was nervous as hell. This was his first time kissing another boy and his heart was racing. He felt like a ball of nerves but that didn't stop him from enjoying the moment, however long it would last.

Tanner's eyes blinked in confusion as Kai slowly lowered himself, pinning his body partially beneath his own.
What...the heck was Kai do---
The boy's breath caught as the other leaned his forehead against his own.
It felt a bit cooler, probably because he'd been awake for a bit instead of just starting to come too.
Heck, judging by the way Kai was acting right now Tanner was starting to think that he was still dreaming.

When Kai started to lean down Tanner instinctively tried to press into his pillow but honestly there was no where to go.
The kiss startled him right into alertness, the sleep leaving his system abruptly and being replaced with anger.

So this was why Kai wanted him to stay? He wanted a boyfriend he could easily have do what he wanted and what?! For food and a place to sleep?!
With a growl Tanner shoved the other boy off, ignoring that he fell right onto the floor.

Quickly going to the foot of the bed he snatched up the pants, putting them on in a rush before grabbing the shirt and stalking out, straight for the front door.
This was bull shit! To think he'd actually trusted a guy to be nice and not think of his junk getting part of the deal!

Eyes shut tight for the instant he winced on impact with the floor. Damn, now he had done it. Great way to mess things up. Kai thought things such as tat to himself as he looked up at tanner. "h-hey wait. Tanner let me expla-" he started to say but it was clear Tanner wasn't having any of it. A frown came over Kai's lips when tanner stormed out on him. "Dammit!" Kai muttered under his breath before scrambling to his feet. He couldn't leave things the way they were. He had to apologize at least. Whatever idea Tanner had in his head about ai must have been the wrong one.

Running down the stairs Kai leaped down, skipping steps as he went. Tanner had left in a hurry so he had to do his best to catch up to him. His hand locked tightly onto the front door knob before yanking it open. "Tanner wait!" he called out to the boy, no doubt stumbling as he rushed down the front steps to his house.

Tanner ignored what he heard until footsteps sounded behind him.
Kai was running to try and stop him from leaving?
Well...good luck with that!

Tensing up the boy considered dodging into an alley and over the chainlink fence he'd used to escape dangerous situations several times but this...this was nothing dangerous. He had all he needed to deal with it with him.
So, squaring his shoulders and taking in a hissed breath he turned abruptly and aimed a punch right at the oncoming kid's face.
Damned brat was gonna learn he wasn't someone you could mess with so easily!

Kai collided right into Tanners fist. His head snapping to the side as well as the rest of his body. His glasses managed to fly off at the sudden motion and landed on the ground next to him. Taking a step back, Kais hand moved up to cover his now bleeding nose. Damn he hit him hard, but maybe he had deserved it? His jaw clenched tightly to keep himself from voicing any pain. His eyes peered at Tanner, fingers lightly pinching at his nose in attempt to slow the bleeding. "Ta-nner.." he said, wincing so his name came out slightly stuttered. "I didn't mean to upset you… I'm sorry I don't…. I don't now what the hell I was thinking… hell I wasn't thinking" he spoke slowly, trying his best to stay calm. The last thing he wanted to do was get in a fist fight.