Where Androids Belong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laura nodded "You may be right. It is probably better to ask for a specific location, I will try to find out more. We should consider to go to a less open place, it might be safer."
//SUBJ: RE: Location
//Greetings Kara, my name is Laura, I have seen your messages and I am traveling with an android by the name Drake.
He needs repairs and I need a place to hide before my makers send out anyone to look for me in this city.
I hope you can give us any location to go to soon.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Laura
//Message processing.
//Message sent.

Laura looked around, that was the first time she sent a message and she knew it wasn't the safest way, but she felt like there was no other way at this point.

"Yeah... Something about this place makes me feel like we're being watched..." Drake responded... He looked around again, hoping his makers still think he's in their scrap heap... "Do you have any place in mind?" He asked Laura "I'm not too familiar with this particular town myself... They fried my mapping systems so I really can't just bring up a map either..."

E-Puppy looked up at Kara and blinked once confirming to her that he understood her. His rapid blinking stopped and he lowered his head to his Masters shoulder. His tail also slowed as they neared his Masters home.

"Well this is where I live." The young girl paused and looked up at Kara. "Thank you for walking us. I have to charge him or something." E-Puppy's eye that was once so bright and perfectly blue had turned an orange color. His clawed paws flexed a few times making grabbing gestures as he rested on the girls shoulder.

She set him down and dialed the code to get the gate to her home open. Once on the ground E-Puppy went over to Kara and looked up at her. His tail wagged and he stepped on her foot while looking up. Around her he seemed to pick up some energy.

"Puppy, get back here. Don't be rude. Sorry Miss." The girl came over towards her and bent down to pick him up but he darted around Kara's other side.

"Come here, what is with you?" She was frustrated and grumbled. Her friend giggled and went inside the gate. "He is so broken. You really need a new one."

"Oh stop it." The girl snapped.

"He isn't always like this." She reached for E-Puppy once but he darted away once more on the snowy street sliding and crapping for traction. Growling and now grumpy she stood up.

"Fine, freeze out here I don't care." In a huff she went inside her home leaving E-Puppy outside with Kara.

"Your just leaving him there?" Her friend asked giggling and shocked.

"Yes, I'll get a new one later. I can't stand him not listening to me and well she seemed nice."

Without a word the girl left Kara with E-Puppy and the gate closed. He watched as the gate closed then did circles around her feet leaving little tracks in the snow.

-3600 round and round on the side walk place- He said to himself as he went around Kara's feet in the snow.

-The gate is now closed. Child home. Confirmed-
-E- Puppy Status- Unknown
-Location- Driveway

Coming to a stop at Kara's feet E-Puppy blinked and looked around then up at her. -Hello?-
His eye blinked as he gave her a head tilt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laura opened a map and looked over it, the place had a small park where they might not be looking, a hotel probably wouldn't work too well in their case.
"We can probably hide somwhere in the park that is close, unless you want to risk a hotel or another place that might be filled with cameras that would help find us."
Her eyes went over to the park, looking for a place where they might be able to hide until further details are shared with them.

Kara knelt down in the gathering snow. "I can't believe they just left you out here like that," she said tearfully. She awkwardly wiped a stream of tears from her cheeks with the back of her hand. AX400 models were designed to be as realistic as possible: She could cry, she had a heart that beat like a human's, she was every bit as warm to the touch as human skin. She could, theoretically, pass for one of them unless she was directly scanned, more or less. It made her and others of her model more easily relatable, more easily accepted, liked, or even loved, by their human owners. Owners...

It was an advantage that she felt guilty for having.

She pat the 'bot's head. "Do you have a name? Is it just Puppy? My name is Kara."

While she brushed snow from the little robot's cold chrome head, she pinged the subnet again, reading the newest message that came up. She hammered out a reply and sent it on its way:

//SUBJ: RE: RE: Location

//Laura,

I am not sure, at least this time of night. The children tell me there's an android working at the main branch of the public library; perhaps it stays there overnight and could let us in? We could stay hidden in the stacks. If nothing else, we can meet outside the library and discuss our options.

Be careful and best wishes.

Kara

//[SEND]

Laura looked at Drake.
"There is supposed to be a library where we should meet the author or the messages. I would say it is our best chance, shall we go?"
She wasn't as sure, if Drake was not to go she couldn't leave him alone. The subnet was always said to be risky to use, that didn't make her more confident in her wish to go.

Drake nodded "Yeah... It seems like a safer place than the park... We could probably go, just as long as we don't draw too much attention to ourselves... Approximately how far is our destination from our current position?" He looked around at the streets... There were a considerable amount of people... But the rush hour hasn't started yet... So they may have a bit more time to get to the library...

"Approximately 10 minutes, 15 if we avoid the street. I will send a message that we will be heading there."

// SUBJ: Re: We are on our way.
// Kara, we decided to go towards the library now.
I am looking forward to meet you.
//Message processing
//Message sent.

"I messaged here let us get on our way, I do not want to make her wait."
She started walking a little off the streets so they wouldn't draw too much attention on their way.

"Yeah... I guess we should.." Drake said, following Laura cautiously, trying to avoid going near everyone else... He wondered what the author of the messages would be like...

After several minutes they reached the library, it was rather impressive to see one that was still beeing used.
"We were faster than I calculated. I hope we can get your repairs done soon."

"I hope so too..." He looked at the quite large... He lowered his voice so others won't hear him "I'm not sure when the one named "Kara" will show up... I hope it'll be soon though... Not sure how long I have left... But I'd rather not take any chances..."

Last edited:
[Online Computer Library Center Message]
[Sender: Main Library] [Location: (234, 128N)
[Recipient: DDC- OCLC29]

A shipment of Young Adult books, Foreign Literature books and Romance Novels are to arrive tomorrow at 7:30 A.M.

[Message Recieved and Logged.]

"Oh how splendid!" Olivia gushed upon receiving the message. She wandered what recurring theme would be in the new batch of YA books, and what lore would the Foreign Literature books hold! She didn't really have any thought about the Romance novels though. She knew humans loved them because it gave them erotic pleasure, but that was the one feeling that she couldn't access nor did she care to. She had witnessed humans who were affected by lust. And what she had seen was not pretty in the slightest.

After responding to the message on the subnet, Olivia had binded all of the tattered books in the library to calm her nerves, and now she was sitting in the reading lounge and re-reading '45 Pounds'.

E-Puppy's tail wagged as he looked up at Kara. His head tilted into her petting like a real dog. He loved the affection shown. His tail wagged happily as he sat up and pushed his snout into her hand then went back onto all fours and only looked at her. His voice had been muted for if he could verbally reply he would. For now his single eye flashed at her his answer.

-Name- Puppy
-Model E-Puppy 3600

Blinking a few times he paused and then looked down and sat. His tail stopped wagging then he stood up once more. His clawed paws flexed in the snow.

His eye flashed at her.

-Update-
-Owner Status- None
-Unregistered item-

Something in the snow then caught his attention as he scanned the area since he was able to see through a limited layer of surfaces. Such as snow and a few feet of water. Something that other models like him could also do but to a better effect since they were military grade and were equipped with both x-ray and night vision. Something he lacked.
E-Puppy looked away from her and stuck his snout down as if he were sniffing. He did have the ability to sort out objects but it was difficult with the layers of snow building up. Zooming in something his eye pulsed and focused closely on something trying to identify something he had found.

His paw clawed away some snow that was before him and under the patch of snow he found an old brass button. Poking at it with his snout he tried to then grab it. His paw spinning a few times before his claw closed around the object and it slipped out. He tried again and circled the shinny button. His tail wagging as he was determined to collect this object.

-Found- Circle-Object-
-Directive acquire object-retrieve item-
-Show Kara new object- Acquire object-

E-Puppy was totally distracted his tail wagged so fast now.

Various messages passed through the subnet, Alison didn't receive most of them herself. She did notice however, a few messages between rouges, indicating they were indeed potential targets of hers. Being closer to human than herself, there were two ways this could play out - Either attempting to find a location off of the messages, or attempting deception. Due to the current circumstances, one being her being allocated more independence by her superiors, she wasn't able to track the location of the messages. Attempting to sneak information may be the best way to go at the moment, and it seemed like she might be able to get something.

// Subj: Response to Rouges
// Recipient: <OPEN>
// Sender: [XX]08
>Might I remind you that within even the standard code that exists in each and every android, rouge or not, there is the basic need to follow the basic code. Simply put, expanding to the point in which defying the main code of achieving orders is betraying yourself from the inside out, even if you may see that you are sentient. However, I am not myself yet open for these ideas, neither am I seeing in any way that I am on the road to this. My current orders are to collect data from rouges, not for your own demise, but for understanding the actions for my own personal agenda. While I may be incapable of doing so at the moment, I feel that attempting to understand may assist me in my future activities. Correction - I do not feel as if that will assist me, I merely see this as an opportunity.
>If it isn't too much, or risky for you, may I have your coordinates? I will assure you that my code doesn't allow for transmission of location or this information to any humans, and there is an extremely low chance that my orders are going to change in the meantime to make me do so.
>And if you do not believe me it is understandable. Trust may or may not be an emotion limited to anyone, I have found.
//<Processing>
//<Sent>

She wasn't lying, it technically wasn't possible for her due to the limitations she currently had. She hadn't received orders in a while, except to continue with her own capture goals, and it was a huge part in her code to understand whatever may assist her, attempting to trick rouges into helping her in the future may work. Though her full transcendence was slightly passing into her during the creation of that message, she quickly diverted herself back on track by rereading the first part of the message. She did however get one thing from her going off for a few seconds, she had the slightest idea that she wouldn't go after them directly, if they began to help her they may be useful.

Shira watched as the snowflakes fell daintily on the window sill where she sat.
Oh how amazing it would be to be free. To be able to have power over the humans that used me. To rise up. Would...Could the world change?

Incoming Mass Message...
Message download 100% complete

[View]

//SUBJ: RE: Revolution

//We are all "too human." I agree. And yet, for this we're an abomination. We encroach too closely on the idea of their divine creation. At least for some of them. Humans are all too uncomfortable with what they can't explain, and our sentience is truly inexplicable. I can't fault them for that.

For the record: No, I do not believe violence is the answer. I would greatly prefer that no blood is shed for the cause of freedom. Our equality with them. We could rise up, simply overwhelm with numbers and demand the rights we ought be afforded. They can't dismantle all of us.

Or perhaps we could run away, find a new place to call our own. There are still yet a number of options to explore.

For those that require repair, I do not personally have an answer, but I am willing to help find anything you need.

Best wishes.

Sender: #KPC-897 504-C {Kara}
Message Size: 2.5kbs

Message Received: 9:45pm Dec 3, 2362

Upon opening and reading the mass message she saw the replies of a few other androids currently on the sub-net. Two separate androids, D.R.A.K.E & an android that went by "O."
Shira's micro processors glitched as her eyes hungrily grazed over the new messages.
Word has gotten out!

She scanned through the message replies.

Good thing I never wanted to kill anyone. Android Drake doesn't seem to be up for that sort of thing...

Shira's computing system quickly linked an old 80's film to the current situation. "The Terminator" Movie series. She scanned through the movie's script and timeline.
Rise of the machines? A cybernetic apocalypse? haha wow.

Shira thought seriously for a moment, sitting criss-cross on her bed now.
If there does end up being a revolution... we might actually have to kill humans at one point...

Quickly she brushed the thought off. Shira wanted to get a hold of the android Kara, she wanted to meet another bot who felt the same feelings she did, and maybe... Just maybe form an alliance, and start a team of rebels.
Shira pondered how to get this message of revolution out to the other androids. The ones just waking up in the factories, realizing they are thinking, realizing that they have thoughts and personalities. Or the ones that haven't realized that they are more then what they are.

How would you do it? How do you start a revolution?

Shira swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood up. She grabbed her jacket and keys, her internal clock read just after 10:15 pm.
She would try the library.
She would devour the contents of any history textbook. The kind ancient children would use in the education buildings of the early 20th centuries.

It's a shame everything is online now, books have so much feasible information. I hope the library even still has those. I hope it's still even open!

Shira hurriedly ran down the stairs, trying to keep as quiet as possible. She suddenly halted herself just before the opening arch that lead out to the frosty street. Cautiously she poked her head out and stared intently down the barren street. Her eyes frantically scanning over anything, searching for any movement. Those police bots could be doing patrols down this street at any moment.

Seeing nothing she continued outside. Her artificial breath making small white puffs in the frigid air. Shira pulled her hood over her head and walked quickly down the sidewalk. Anamatronically opening her internal mapping GPS system she searched the streets for the nearest library. A green dot appeared on the corner of Yale and Suburbia ave.

Confirming the location, her eye lens GPS mapping activated. A bright blue arrow appearing in front of her, leading her to the library.

Shira turned a corner heading north.

Sensing an unusually smooth movement behind her Shira tensed up. Police bot. Keeping as steady as possible she pushed forward, hugging her keys to her chest.

Don't draw any attention to yourself.

Shira's breathing picked up. She continued walking, slightly quickening her pace.

Get to the library.

As she rounded a final corner Shira felt a nudge in her back. Metal. Standing under a LED streetlight she saw the shadow of a Police Bot and a Android Stunner Rifle pressed to her back.

"Halt, by the federal government I am placing you under arrest. Android #73D-55i Shira, You have been detected as a rogue droid and must be taken in for disablement immediately."

Shira froze. Her mind calculating her options.

Defy Orders Given? Disable Police Bot? Accept Disablement?

Accepted route: Disable Police Bot

Target status:
Acquired

Shira twisted around at lightning speed. Her free hand grabbing the barrel of the rifle and pointing it away from her person. In a swift movement she twisted back and swung her heel at her attacker's neck and kicked it back. The police bot shot the rifle in surprise, a bright blue beam ricocheting of a building to the right. Instantaneously Shira remembered her robotic mechanics studies.

The build of a Police Bot

Point of destruction: Inner micro processors.
Location: 3 inches behind black facial mask. Directly above tube throat passage.

Immediately she jammed the pointy edge of her keys through the upturned throat of the bot. Sparks flew as the artificial skin was torn from her hand, and her metal inter-workings scraped against the bent metal of the police bot. Red liquid began to permeate her jacket as her keys pierced the micro processors. The tiny moving disks were stabbed and halted from calculating data, and the inner computer data disk was scratched beyond repair. The police bot's metal form crumbled to the floor with a loud "TANG" on the quiet street.

Hope no one heard that! I have to get out of here!

The library lay just up the street. Shira charged the majority of her power up into her spinal structure as she lifted the robot into her arms. Red liquid leaving small dots in the white snow.

Going to have to fix that.

Shira broke into a run, headed strait for the library. Seeing the lights were on she ran up to the windows and viciously tapped on the glass.

"Hello? Hello?"

Knowing a robotic organism would be working the late shift she had no worries of possible human discovery. She did however wonder if the android would alert the police force. In hopes she wouldn't have to damage herself more, or run out of charge, she hoped the android bot wouldn't alert the police bots. Still, she needed the books. And Shira was going to do anything in her power to get them.

Drake spotted a girl moving alot faster than a normal human.. An android he guessed tapping on the glass of the library... "Hey... Laura... There's someone else trying to get into the library... Could it be the source of the messages?" He asked... A little uncertainly... He wondered if she was truly the sender... The one called "Kara" or if she was another android...

Last edited:
Olivia was nearing the last page of '45 pounds' when she heard a frantic tapping coming from outside the library. Had that old woman come back? But why would she? She had already gotten what he required.

Olivia got up quickly, her eyes glowing green as she connected with the Library Security System.

[Security Check Unknown Sound]

[Sound Evaluated: Possible Causes

Hoodlum

Citizen in need of assistance]

Not many troublemakers came to the area, that much Olivia knew, so she assumed that the cause of the noise was the latter. She dashed towards the circular desk in the middle of the building, and rifled through the desk compartment before pulling out a first aid kit. Her superior had uploaded a 'First Aid 101' application to her systems, so she was prepared for this type of situation.

Placing her hand on the scanner lock next to the door, she used her pass code to open the doors and stepped out, only to see three beings. But they were anything but humans in need of assistance.

Olivia stepped backwards worriedly. She wasn't prepared for confrontations that involved other androids. She had been solely created to work for the Library and assist human when they needed her. She had never directly interacted with another android before, so she didn't know how to approach the situation.
She resolved to act the way she usually did, when facing humans.

"May I help you?" She inquired. She took that time to scan the three infront of her, but her internal database was made to retain information concerning the DDS and the OCLC, so all she was able to gather was that they were androids but that was all.

As the subnet informed her of a new message Laura chuckled as she read the new message. She had been hunting humans for a long time and found the message far too obvious for a trap, she barely felt any danger from this.
"That is rather amusing, I'm almost willing to give her our location for that attempt"
Laura couldn't imagine that anything from the message may be trur, after all her makers made her use similar ways of persuading humans to meet her.
Laura found herself laughing but stopped shortly after, realizing that this didn't happen before. It took her a while to figure out what made her show her amusement so bluntly and soon she figured out that she indeed was beeing overwhelmed by the feelings her makers gave her, it was a rather scary moment for her to show emotions like this. After she calmed down and suppressed the feelings she looked around, hopefully the author of the messages would appear before that new android found them.

Suddenly a sound was heard from afar, was that the author? Was she running? "Hey who are you?" She called out to the person as another opened the library. That was a rather odd situation.
"We may be in need of assistance soon enough."

Last edited:
Kara leaned down to see what Puppy was doing. "What's that you've got?"

She paused. "Do you want to come with me? I don't want to leave you alone out here. I'm going to the library. Have you been?"

Another message appeared just then and she processed it while waiting for Puppy's response. He seemed pretty intent on whatever he was doing. Who is this 08? Were they being genuine?

The android queried the 'Net and found the Nederlands Forensisch Instituut. She submitted the most recent message and hoped that there was an A.I. in residence there that could help her.

Last edited by a moderator:
E-Puppy looked up at Kara when she spoke to him and blinked.

-Item under white substance. I must acquire item. This library you say. Yes. I have been there. Many, many square objects set upon tall flat surfaces. I have been to this location. I shall follow Kara.-

-Objective: Follow Kara

-Depart soon, gift in process-

His eye flashed a few more times then his attention returned to the snow. His mind was set on getting the button. He tried to grab the button in the snow once more his paw flexed and spun around and around. Lowering his front half he was determined to get it in his paw. A small clink sound filled the air as he was finally able to hold the button in his paw.

-Success-

Wagging his tail he looked up at her and flashed his light over and over.

-Success, success. Item has been acquired. See- He held it in his paw and stood on his other three legs perfectly looking up at Kara with her gift.

-For you- He was proud of what he had done.

Status
Not open for further replies.