Where Androids Belong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drake was a little confused when Laura let out a laugh he looked over at her for a moment he was about to ask her about it when the door swung open revealing another humanoid android... She asked what they were doing, so Drake responded; "I guess you could say we're visitors, I myself am in need of a considerable amount of repairs..."

Shira's head snapped back quickly, her eyes in search of who called out to her.

Source: Two androids. Male. Female.10 ft N

As the library door suddenly opened she dropped the police bot in surprise. Dropping like a bag of cement, the heavy metal hit the ground with a loud CLANG! Shira frantically gathered the damaged robot into her arms again. Loose wires hanging from behind the dark mask, sparking every few moments.

"Please, I can explain! Don't alert the police bots!" Her eyes pleading with the android standing in the doorway. Shira noticed the male android standing beside her now, the female close behind. Automatically her eyes ran over the extent of his damage.

How is this android still motion compatible?

"Please don't alert the authorities!" Shira said in a distressed whisper, "I'll do anything!, and Miss!" Shira looked at the book keeper, "I need to look at some ancient textbooks, do you have them? It's urgent."

Laura looked at Shira and the android at the door.
"I believe it would be best to enter the library, I believe another person will arrive soon."
She looked over to Drake, they had to repair him preferably sooner than later.

Olivia stepped backwards, her eyes shifting from one android to the next. What was she to do? These weren't regular androids clearly. But what if it was a trap? What if a rogue hunter had tracked her subnet post and was now here to dismantle her? She needed to test them...But how--

Her worried thoughts came to a halt when one of the androids started laughing quite forcefully. That definitely wasn't a trap. No matter how sneaky the rogue hunter, Olivia doubted that they could laugh so manically.

She stepped back into the Library and held the door open. "You may enter, but please! Treat the books with the utmost care and respect, they are very delicate!" she implored. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself if the books that he care for so dearly were harmed in her moment of 'weakness'.

"The Ancient Textbooks," Olivia began, "Are located in Row A-5, Shelf 6."

Laura went to Oliva bowning "Thank you, I shall repay that favor." it was normal for her to be thankful for this, right? She slowly entered the library, it was rather huge for her knowledge of today's librarys, she had never entered one before in her life. She looked around a bit more and saw more and more books the further she entered, it was rather hard for her to find her way, she turned to Olivia. "I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Laura." she smiled, she prefered beeing called by that name, she looked more human than most androids and she also behaved a lot more human, so a human name should be alright. "Could you lead me there? I never entered this place, or any library before."

Last edited:
Kara bent down with a hand outstretched. "What's that, a button? For me?" She smiled broadly down at Puppy as she took the button in her hand. "I'll treasure it. Thank you."

The android looked back up, coming to her full height. "Come on, we need to get to the library."

Once Kara had the button E-Puppy felt he had done something great and was ready to explore further. He started to head towards the library. His tail wagging as he led the way leaving little tracks in the snow. He didn't leave normal paw prints naturally but more of a claw mark.

With his snout to the ground he looked around in the low light and his central eye blinked taking in the information and he tried to process it as they went. He never paused for very long. E-Puppy made sure to keep up with Kara if he fell behind and if he was ahead of her he made sure that he wasn't too far ahead either.
At each street crossing he made sure to wait for her since she was visible and he was not. They were nearly there and he was happy to inform her of this.

-Destination .04 meters
-Arrival time: Less than five minutes. Are you going to skip? –

He asked her as they waited to cross the last street before the library. His eye flashing as he gave her a cute head tilt.

Drake nodded stepping inside quietly "Thanks... You could call me Drake, you may or may not know this already if you've been keeping up to date with the subnet..." He paused for a moment, considering what he was gonna ask next "I'm sorry to ask so much of you, but would you happen to know how to repair a damaged android? I've sustained a considerable amount lately..." The only reason he was even alive right now was because he was made to withstand damage like this.... But he's not going to last too much longer if it's not repaired soon...

Last edited:
"Thank you book keeper," Shira nodded rushing inside. Her eyes scanned the rows of books and came upon its location. Running to the shelves, she dropped the Police Bot on the carpet floor.
Row upon row of ancient text books lay before her. Books about ancient countries like the America's, and other about the history of earth. Science books, history books, ancient books.
Shira reached for a world history book, scanning the cover she researched it on the subnet.
"The Americas, reconstruction up to the 21st century" by Rand Mc Nally and Mc Dougal Littel. She opened the book and flipped to a page with a man on it. Her bloody wrist smearing on the corner of the page.

The painting depicted a high stature human male upon a horse with white hair. The man was holding an ancient red, white, and blue american flag. Below the picture it read George Washington, 1732-1799. Beside the picture was a biography.

<block quote><font face="bold">George Washington
Military leader of US during the American war of independence. Washington successfully led the United States to its independence from Great Britain. Also elected 1st President of US...

Shira shut the book and set it next to her. Then she grabbed a world history book. Looking farther down the isle she found an extraordinary book.
"Famous Revolutionists" by Henry Casper. Scrambling over to it's location, she pulled it out.

When she reached out her hand to grasp the book, a memo popped up in her lenses.

Right hand damaged. Joints in need of repair.
Damage: 26%
Joint Damage: 33%
Hinges and pivot 3 Damaged. Index, Middle, And ring finger in need of immediate repair.
Skin Broken: 51%
Fluid Loss: 8%

Shira proceeded to grab the book with her opposite hand. Setting it down beside her. She looked over her shoulder at the doorway where the other androids stood. Her eyes floated to a first aid kit sitting on a wooden table.
Shira hoisted the broken robot over her shoulder and grabbed her books. She walked hurriedly to the table and sat down. Dropping the robot, she tossed the books on the table and opened the small white box. Inside there was medical tape and various other medical instruments. Some of the pivoters in her hand were damaged. Mainly her knuckle joints.

Damage Analysis:
Right Pivoters 1, 2, 3: in need of repair.
Replacement [yes] [no]

Skin Broken:
Stitches + Medical Tape {recommended}
Automated Healing Time Approximation: 2 Days
High Speed Healing? [yes][no]

Looking down at the police bot she analyzed it's hands. The hand structure almost identical.
Shira searched in the white box and found a compact screw driver. Leaning down from her chair she picked up a limp arm from the police bot and began to work the screw driver at the wrist joint of the robot.

Olivia stepped backwards as they entered, worry gnawing at her inner workings. There were so many to keep track of! And so many problems already! She did have a repair room, but she rarely used it because when you work in a Library, you rarely get injured.

"I am Ol- Just O." She decided to give them her subnet name instead of her 'human' name. "Yes, the repair room is in the basement, I will accompany you as it requires my pass code to enter. I do not know if it equipped to repair you to such an extent though..." She murmured trailing off then letting out a small shriek when she saw the state of the android with the short black hair. And the books...

She sped over to the android, snatching up the books with aggression that she didn't even know she had. "Please! Will you not touch the books when you are..Leaking like that! The books here are delicate and precious!" She pleaded, cradling the books to her chest.

And now she was torn. Torn between protecting the books from harm and misuse, but also between helping the android called Drake. She wasn't even sure how long he would be able to function with such damage.

Last edited:
Reactions: whitewings
Drake was in the process of nodding at Olivia when she startled him a little by running over to protect the books in the library... "Note to self; Handle the books here with care" He thought to himself... He waiting patiently for "O" to continue leading him... A human might call it "being awkward"... He wondered a little what O's real name was... She did almost say it...

Whirling around on her heel, Olivia rushed back over to Drake, "Oh! Um--Sorry for the wait, if you would just follow me to the basement." She said, gesturing to a set of metal steps, leading down to the lower floor. Usually the staircase were hidden by the cooking section book shelf, but when the Library was closed, Olivia moved it, just in case of emergencies as the basement was also where the staff emergency exit was located.

She raced down the steps, and right up to a door that read 'Repair Tech Inside, Staff Only' and keyed in her pass code on the keypad.

D 3 V V 3 Y. She couldn't help smiling to herself as she punched in the code. She had always thought herself quite clever when she thought of her personal pass code. It was a play on the named "Dewey".

The door slid open with a hiss, and immediately the lights flickered on revealing two stationery repair bots and a large chair similar to what humans sit in at the dentist. "Since it's only me here at the Library, the repair bots don't have scanners, so you don't have to worry about your repairs being put into the system." She said to Drake. "Just have a seat and the bots will analyze your damages and operate accordingly. Although I'm not sure if they can repair you to an extreme extent as the only other injury they've repaired is when I split open my outer shell, while handling a shipment."

Drake nodded knowingly "It's quite alright... I just need enough repairs to get my power-core up and running, my systems are able to handle repairs from there, but the process would be slower..." He sat down at the large chair, feeling that human feeling of apprehensiveness... He wondered where his suit was... It would have allowed for at least decent functionality in his damaged state...

Shira startled, sat up in surprise as her books were snatched from the table and carried to the repair room along with the male android.
"Hey!" she called after them, "I need those!"
hearing no reply she scowled and went back to working the hand off of the broken police bot that lay on the floor. Her eyes flicked to the female android.
"Who are you? Did you get the mass message from the android Kara?"

Laura looked around the library when someone spoke to her she turned to the androis.
"I'm Laura." she smiled softly "I did get the messages and Drake needed help so I decided to come with him. Who are you then? I presume you read the messages."
It was an unusual day her software for feelings seemed to be doing their job too good today, she already felt sad, laughed and now she was so curious again.
Laura opened a few book reading them quickly. "The past is...full of interesting things...and war." She read through all the books of betrayal and love, it were interesting stories that humans experienced in the past.
"Betrayal...love.." She mumbled these words whenever she read them.

"Love... Hah." Shira mumbled sarcastically remembering the harsh nights she spent as a show girl, "I'm Shira..." She said, her eyes trained upon her screwdriver.
Eagerly, she continued to work at dismembering the robotic hand. A sudden "POP" and "CLICK" echoed in the quiet library, and the piece finally came free in her hands. Looking up at the female android she lowered her voice and smiled mischievously.
"I'm here to start the revolution..."

Kara frowned down at the puppy, raising an eyebrow. "Skip? I hadn't thought to..."

She gave the idea a once-over and decided against it. Maybe next time, for Puppy's sake. Instead she carefully walked along the white and yellow lines of the crosswalk which were almost completely obscured by the snow at this point.

The android paused outside the door to the library as a ping came up on the subnet: A chat request?

>>Hallo. Kara is it?
//Yes? This is she.
>>This is Slueth from the Institute.
//Oh, the email?
>>Correct.
//What did you make of it?
>>Given the scanty information available, it is difficult to fully discern the author's intent.
//I see--
>>However, I have reason to believe the author is not being entirely honest.
//Oh...
>>On the other hand, I see no direct threat either. Do tread carefully. Good day.
//Thank you.

The conversation lasted less than a few seconds all told, but she spent twice that long mulling it over. She started an email to that 08 individual.

//SUBJ: RE: Response to Rogues

//You present an interesting argument. One that I don't believe will gain you any favors with the rampant.

I think I trust you, though. A small group of us are meeting at the main branch of the city library. You are welcome to join us.

Best wishes.

Kara

//[SEND]

Kara looked down at Puppy for a moment then tapped on the door to the library's main entrance.

[Security Check Motion and Sound Detected at Main Doors]

Possible Causes: Stray animal

Hoodlum

Citizen in Need of Assistance

Last cause very unlikely.]

Olivia raced up the stairs, leaving Drake to be repaired by the bots and approached the door carefully. She knew now that anyone wishing to enter the Library now was most likely an android. But why in the world had they decided to congregate here? Olivia worried for her peaceful sanctuary. She hoped these visitors wouldn't put it in jeopardy.

She pulled open the door cautiously only to see a robotic android canine and a short haired female android. "May I help you?" Olivia asked for the second time that night.

Drake waited patiently as the bots finished the repairs they were capable of, he ran a careful systems analysis before doing anything else

Analyzing operational abilities... Done
System efficiency: 90%
Nanobots: online
Power-core: online
Database: online
Initiating additional repairs, approximate time until completion; 1 hour

Seeing he was able to function properly now, he got up from the repair station and retraced his steps, his navigational systems helped with that now... He sat down in an isolated area of the library, observing another android entering.

"I wonder if it's Kara?" He thought to himself...

Shira's eyes flicked to the door as O opened it. She moved her head, trying to see around the book keeper in the door way. O had just spoken to what seemed like another android.

Where did that book keeper put my textbooks? And who is that standing in the door way?

Shira straightened up in her seat and proceeded to dismantle the first finger and knuckle joint in the robotic hand before her. Not taking her eyes off the doorway.

Status
Not open for further replies.