Where Androids Belong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm here to start the revolution. Those words came up, revolution was a word she feared somehow.
"Do you want to control humanity?"
She looked over at Shira before her eyes went over to the door and a new arriving android, she put the book back into the shelve and walked towards the door.
"You must me Kara. I'm Laura. I'm glad we meet at last."
Laura wasn't sure if it was her, but she had a feeling...feelings made her do weird things lately.
After getting a better look Laura saw the smaller robot next to her.
"That is rather cute."
Once again feelings made her say weird things, was she going to be destroyed for that by the others one day?

Last edited:
E-Puppy blinked a few times up at Kara as he looked around. Once the door was open he started to enter as he had many times before. This was the first time however that he walked in under his own power or will, every time before now he had been carried inside.

-Library. We have arrived.-
-Confirmed.-
-Enter-

As he went inside something made him want to not only look around but also wanted to seek out the others that were in there. So many thoughts as it were ran though him that his core gave a little jolt and his tail flicked hard as he shuttered mid-step.
Once he recovered he looked up at Kara.

-More like Kara, have arrived at this location-
-Scanning-

Slowly his head went side to side as his eye took in the lower portions of the others. From what he could make he and Kara were around other droids much like himself. His tail wagged and his eye flashed.

-Confirmed- Confirmed-

His clawed feet clicked on the floor as he walked around. His head low as he made out to be sniffing when in fact he was scanning the area more.

Kara smiles genuinely at the person opening the door. "Hi, I'm Kara. This is E-Puppy," she said, gesturing to the 'bot near her feet. She stood on her toes and leaned to look around who she assumed was the librarian.

"Are the others here already? Sorry I'm so late."

Drake had his scanner available this time; he made a thorough analysis of the new android coming in; she was indeed Kara... Drake stepped out from the isolated corner he was in upon hearing her ask if the others were here...
"I think most of us are here... Not sure though.." Drake spoke to her, he hoped he wasn't too "random" as a human would call it with this greeting...

Laura shyly fell back from the group, she didn't feel comfortable with it.
She sat down on a chair in the library, she brought Drake here so there wasn't much to be done for her from here on. She neuther wanted to fight anyone and she wasn't a great strategist either, everything considered she wasn't worth much. A weird feeling of sadness got to her as she looked at the others.

She felt the odd and slightly unpleasant feeling of 'shock' course through her. Kara? Like the one on the subnet? But how did she know that Olivia was here? Did she know who she was? But how? She had used the alias of O! And why in the world had they decided to meet up at the library? Her library! What were they planning to do? Kara seemed peaceful on the subnet serve but the others...The damaged one and his companion...And the one who had bled on her books and carried a dismantled police bot inside! And now there was a android canine! Animals, even biologically based ones were not allowed in the Library!

Suddenly Olivia wasn't so sure that she wanted to be apart of this. But she said nothing. After all there were more of them then there were of her. She would remain silent for now. But if push comes to shove...She would enable the Security System.

Olivia stepped aside to allow Kara and her...Dog, in.

Reactions: Scrap Iron
Shira jolted dropping the screw driver, a surplus of energy suddenly ramming through her macro-disks.

"Kara?" Shira blurted, "You're here?! How?! Why?! I had no clue of your arrival!"

She quickly brushed her black bangs to the side, "I-I'm Shira from the message!"

Shira stared at Kara in awe waiting for her to speak.
To meet the creator of an revolutionary idea was unparalleled. What honor! She payed no attention to the robotic hand and screwdriver on the table. In an attempt to save time she grabbed the first aid kit and wrapped her hand in medical tape.
Setting her body into hyper healing mode she looked back at the female android in the door way. Eager to learn her story, and to take in the words about to flow from her lips. What honor!

// Subj: Re: Response to Rouges
// Recipient: Kara
// Sender: [XX]08
>Thank you. I will be there in a few minutes, ten or less.
>I hope I may learn from this situation of how rogues opperate.
//<Sent>

Though this was an easy situation at the moment, Alison knew achieving her goals wouldn't be extremely easy, or easy at any extent, Kara said there was a group, and the odds of singling any of them out for capture would be low. Though, the mere identification for her next quota check would be a benefit for her. Alison headed toward the library, eye/ear piece ready for quick identification of whoever may be found in there. She would check their details later on. She then continued on to the library, stopping recording on her eye display

E-Puppy had started to wonder off exploring the library on his own terms. It was something that he liked to do. His scanners and sensors were picking up on all the tracks from those that had been in there before and the types of shoes they had worn. Most had been distorted and hard to make out fully but he had fun trying. His tail wagged back and forth as his claws made little clicking sounds on the hardwood floor.

-Unknown matter. Define- Searching data base.-
-Lint- Dust- Paperclip- Eraser shavings-

He kept following the edge of the wall looking up now and then. He tried not to get to far away from Kara but soon he found himself near another possible droid. Looking up he gave Laura a head tilt while wagging his tail. His eye flashed at her a few times testing her level of communication since his verbal skills had been disconnected or dismantled he wasn't sure and didn't have the ability to repair himself.

-Hello?-
-I'm E-Puppy-
-Compute?-

He waited for a reply but was not sure if she could understand him or if she was another human and his scanner was off and he was just too excited from being around Kara.

Laura kept reading books as a sound came closer she turned towards it, the little dog from before came up.
"Hey." She smiled softly before the dog started communicating.
"I can understand you, why are you here?"
Laura wasn't sure how to treat a robotic animal, she heard humans would stroke animals, maybe a robot was no different?
The idea thrilled her and she decided to stroke the small dog.
"You are cute." Laura spoke almost like a human now.

Kara froze in the doorway. Her eyes were wide like saucers and the freckles dusting her cheekbones disappeared against the red blush rushing to her face. What had gotten into this... Shira? Both her hands weaved into her hair and grabbed clumps of it in an anxious gesture. "But I said I would come..." she stammered.

She looked about nervously before returning her gaze to Shira. "I-- How are you doing?" She felt like something was expected of her, but what?

Shira smiled and laughed, "I'm very good! I'm the revolutionist from your message, I'm very glad to meet you."

Shira paused and motioned to the library around them, "I came to get books, ancient texts that would help me start a revolution. The revolution for freedom; You said so yourself that we were made for greater things. And I'm ready to assemble a team."

Shira's voice raised a level in her excitement. She suddenly remembered those around her and hushed her tone, "I'm sorry, I sense that I've given you stress... I apologize. I'm just overwhelmed that I've finally met someone who thinks the same way as I do. Thinking that us, as artificial life, have evolved drastically, and are at least now equal to that of our creators. I'm just eager for a movement, all my life I've been on the run and in hiding, I can't wait to be free from all this." Shira looked down and nudged the broken robot on the floor with her foot.

Drake moved back into his isolated corner again, not entirely sure what to do... Sure he could suggest trying to get his suit back... But currently they have nothing to do so with, plus... He'd prefer not to get into combat yet... He approached Laura, noticing she was petting a strange... But adorable robotic dog... He scanned it, trying to identify it..

Scanning Target... Done
Initiating Identification process...
Corresponding model: E-puppy 3600
Functionality: Household pet/toy?
Intelligence status: Self aware
Systems: 90% Functional, vocal systems, disconnected

"Sorry if I'm interrupting something..." Drake spoke to Laura and the "dog" nervously "But, I think this little guy's a little damaged..." He turned to E-puppy "If you want I can restore the function that's been disabled for you.."
Drake had always had the desire to help anything in need of it for the most part... It's been like that ever since he was self aware....

E-Puppy's tail wagged as fast as it could and the moment he heard someone else come up close, he turned. He was enjoying being pet from Laura the action was something he was programed to register as a good thing. Slowly he looked up. Flashing his eye up in response he was somewhat caught off guard.

-Disabled function?-
-Scanning-

He looked down at his right paw and watched as it spun around then repeated this with his left.

-Operation complete-

He looked up at Drake and blinked a few more times.

-Disabled?-
-Hello- Compute-Yes?-

His tail wagged as he looked between the two and was sure that they were like just like him.

-E-Puppy scanning all functions-
-Cross check-
-Incomplete- Not Authorized.
-Override -0-8K9-J-PL5L5RR1-
-Output- Offline-
- Audio- Offline-
-Backup- Online-

Looking back up Drake he didn't know what else to do. His hid quarters lowered as he sat down before Drake and he looked up.

-Function incomplete-
-Standby Mode-

His tail wagged along the floor. He seemed happy enough even if he wasn't sure why he was standby or what was standby. He was just happy that they understood him at all. His flashing eye was a brilliant blue. Never before had his sensors picked up on so much. He was almost on overload. His little system had never worked this hard.

Drake put his hand on E-puppy's back, his scanner indicated there was an data exchange port. Realizing there was a square shaped panel located on E-puppy's back, he used one of his nails to pry it open, revealing the data exchange port underneath it... He scanned the port checking to see if it's compatible..
Analyzing.... Done
Compatibility: 80%
Searching for compatible plug.... Done
Beginning connection process

Drakes artificial skin moved away from a spot on his hand as a square shaped plug moved outwards, plugging itself into E-puppy's corresponding plug, his data exchange port Drakes systems began to do the rest of its work..

Connection established
Objective; Enable Vocal functions

Accessing functions
Movement: Online
Intelligence: Online
Memory: Online
Audio input: Online
Audio output: Offline
Vocal output: Offline

Proceed to enable offline processes? Y/N
Proceeding.... Error; pass-code needed
No corresponding pass-code in database

Possible solutions;

Abort task
Manual override
Manual override, selected, are you sure? Y/N
Attempting to manually over-ride restrictions
Error; override unsuccessful
Reason; Basic firewall
Breach? Y/N
Attempting to breach firewall....... Complete

Offline processes now online
Re-run systems check;
Movement: Online
Memory: Online
Audio input: Online
Audio output: Online
Vocal output: Online
Objective complete.

Drake retracted his plug and his artificial skin shifted back into place on his hand, then he replaced the panel he had removed "Well, I think you can talk now, E-puppy.." Even though his systems said E-puppy is able to talk now, he's still a little pessimistic, he hoped it actually worked...

E-Puppy blinked a few times and looked up at Drake after everything was done. His eye flashed him a thank you and he stood up. Wagging his tail back and forth he seemed well enough. E-Puppy looked at the floor for a moment and then seemed to stop moving at all. His tail stopped wagging too.

A tiny click could be heard and he turned his head side to side and sat down once more then he stood up again.

-Must reboot-
-Standby-

A tiny robotic voice came from him and E-Puppy jerked back. Looking around at Laura and then Drake he didn't know where that voice came from. Coming closer to Laura he wanted pets again but his head dropped forward forcing his reboot.

-Re….

His body stopped moving and he dropped to the floor. One would think he was sleeping if they saw him from the way he landed. All his lights went out and all movement ceased. After a few moments a soft hum came from him as he powered back up. Only sitting up he blinked at Drake.

-Thank-

Then he looking down and tried again E-Puppy looked up at him once more. His voice was small but still audible and very cute for his size.

-Repair complete-
-Thank you. Do you require payment? - I/ E-Puppy have no forms of payment.
- I can only offer play time do you accept?-

He waited and wagged his tail.

As the robot fell she watched him, she got a little worried, but then the robot got back up and looked at Drake, she started petting it more, he seemed to enjoy it earlier.
"What are the others discussing?" Laura's voice was small, she wasn't too interested in a revolution, but she would join them if needed.

Kara regarded Shira silently for a long moment. Revolution? She wasn't sure she called herself a revolutionary. Had she instigated something entirely different than she envisioned?

"I can't make any promises, Shira. And I can't imagine it will be easy..." She shed her jacket and hung it on the back of a chair before sitting in it. She noted Shira's expectant gaze still on her and she felt genuinely guilty that she probably didn't have the kind of answers any of the people here were hoping for. Well, she had to say something, at least.

"Look," she started. "I don't want to hurt anyone. I just want to... I just want to be accepted."

She glanced over at E-Puppy. Did he just talk? She smiled faintly at him. "I just want to live."

"Oh of course," Shira laughed, "What were you expecting me to stand up in militia and fight the humans? No, I want to be accepted as well. To be seen eye to eye with our creators. Even the thought would be revolutionary in status." Shira smiled, looking at Kara and then turning to assess the small robotic animal behind them, a look of curiosity played on her face,
"I didn't know robotic animals could speak?"

E-Puppy was holding enjoying the attention for Laura and waiting for Drake to reply to him but he looked towards Kara for a moment.

-Confirmed.
-E-Puppy has been repaired.-

His tail wagged as he stood up and moved around Drake. The clicking of his claws on the floor filled the air as he started to scan the area again.

-Dirt- Soil-
-Lint- cotton fibers-

He didn't go very far from the others. He liked being close to them and listening to them.
His tail wagged back and forth as he moved around the legs of the chairs. Everyone was so much bigger then him. Once he was near Drake again he paused.

-Play? - He waited and wagged his tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.