When Worlds Collide

Human Realm: Jasper's House

qoxsOka.jpg

She was with Celeste on this. They had to take action, if not... well, there was no telling what the deadly sins would do to them. They'd barely escaped Roland's place, so taking their chances wasn't the best idea. She was about to agree with Celeste when Birthday proposed a less extreme idea. As much as Alice wanted to bash some faces in, it was the safest plan and would cause the least damage to the already sick Balance.

"I'm down for it," she said. "Last time, Jack O' Lantern brought us to a school. There were lots of books there." Alice shrugged. "Most of them were boring but the humans were always trying to learn from them. Grim keeps a heck ton of books too, so I guess they're kind of important or something."

6wQ5x2X.jpg

9WNDzzy.png

"A school?" Thanatos sneered. "Isn't that where kids go?"

"We'll have to play it cool," Tyree added. "We don't want to look suspicious."

"Actually, Ty," Alice chimed in. "What if we act suspicious instead?" Noticing the looks on Francis' and Ty's faces, Alice elaborated. "Francis. Last time we screwed up, Grim showed up to throw us in the box, right?" It wasn't the fondest memory out there and Alice winced. "What if we do something at the school? Something that'll draw Grim's attention to us."

"Honestly," Tyree interrupted. "I'd rather we stick to Birthday's plan. Balance is already sick."

"We won't do anything too drastic," Halloween insisted. "Just something to call Grim. We need to talk to him."

Thanatos looked nonplussed but was growing more invested as the seconds ticked past. Eventually the Greek God of death spoke up. "I say we take action. Doing nothing will get Balance killed anyway, so I'm with Celeste and Halloween. If we're going down, might as well say we gave the sins hell, right?"

Human Realm: Jasper's Kitchen

PdA34D0.jpg

He couldn't even lie to a little girl. He was the worst bluffer ever, even worse than Christmas and New Year! Ferris stared at the book with wide eyes. No way, she knew everything. "Ah, I guess we don't have to worry then?" His nervous gaze flitted from Nina to Kayleigh. Would this be bad for them? Or was it a good thing? He didn't know and he'd already lost his appetite just by thinking about it all, about all the probably consequences they could end up facing.

"Okay, Kayleigh." Ferris drew an x across his chest. "We won't lie anymore." How else was he supposed to react to this revelation. The book was detailed and very specific. "And we'll keep it a secret. Thank you." He tried to muster up a smile but soon enough the voices of his fellow holidays filtered through the living room and into the kitchen.

It sounded like things were getting heated, he could hear Thanatos yelling.

"What's the matter holidays? Are you a bunch of frigging pansies? We should do something like Celeste says."

"Nina," Ferris called out. "I think it's time we bring out the cake."

The Human Realm: Jasper's House

K1tTC1d.jpg

"No, absolutely not," Francis spoke up at the mere mention of attempting anything that would disrupt the World Balance. "Yes, he's dying already and will probably die even if we don't do anything, but speeding up the process will just make things worse for us and the Reaper. We don't know what happens if he ceases to be - What do you suppose we do if the holiday realm were to be gone forever or hell, if Olympus vanished into nothing. You are playing a dangerous game if you choose to go down such a path. Sure, we could potentially contact Death. But what good does it do if he doesn't have an answer for us? Layla's plan is better - It'll still put us in contact with the Underworld in the same way but also avoids us pushing Balance over the edge," The usually stoic holiday's tone had gone from it's monotone disinterest to an almost annoyed growl as he explained the consequences of such a move.

MzbTr88.jpg

"Friday said it much better than I ever could. We don't want to be responsible for pushing the old spirit even closer to his death bed and we don't know what could happen if we do. We already have been tossed out from our own worlds at this stage, and I hesitate to think what will happen if we become a catalyst for his death," Birthday chimed in, staring at her fellow spirits. "I accept it as a backup plan, should we not find the necessary information or something worst should happen by tomorrow evening, but we need to try remain as calm as possible and try to find a solution," The pink-haired girl was something of a mediator, knowing that both sides were valid - The knowledgeable approach and the reckless path. But unless they learnt something truly helpful from the Reaper, then pushing Balance closer to his grave was something that had to be avoided.

Human Realm: Jasper's Kitchen
6j2gxk5.jpg

"I-I see... We can keep a secret, yes," Were the only words Nina could manage as she shut the leather journal and handed it back to the young blonde. Jack-O-Lantern's family just had a way of getting involved, it seemed. Same with Laura, same with Kayleigh and the same for Roland himself. However, the sounds of arguing eventually caught her attention, and she nodded to Ferris, giving a quick pat on the back to Kayleigh, ushering her out the room.

"Kayleigh, sweetie, we can talk about this tomorrow, as you should be in bed... N-No, dont look at me like that," Nina whispered, as she helped the young girl leave the kitchen. "I promise, we'll discuss it more tomorrow when we're not so busy," She added before watching the green eyed child run back to her room. She turned to Ferris, for one moment opening her mouth to comment on Roland's family being a strange group, but held her tongue and walked to frost the cake. Once done, she smiled slightly, taking the plate in one hand and heading towards the door to leave. "C'mon, let's go serve this cake," She said before leaving and walking into the living room. From there, she could hear the heated debate more clearly - Alice, Celeste and Thanatos wanted to do something to catch the Reaper's attention, whilst Francis, Layla and Tyree were against pushing the limits of Balance's health. Valentine was dead silent, only watching the discussion unfold. With an awkward smile, Nina coughed and walked over, setting the cake down before them.

"Tadaa~" She sung, trying to smile even brighter for her friends, despite everything that had happen. "A special holiday cake for everyone - One slice should give you the necessary magic to be recharged once more. Go ahead and dig in - You'll need it!"

MzbTr88.jpg

"Ah, yes, we definitely should take advantage," Layla was pleased for the interruption, as she was well aware of how stubborn the Greek Gods could be, and she herself knew how Alice could be too. The pink haired girl took a slice and savoured a bite, feeling her magic return to her. "I always find it amazing how you can make revitalising baked goods, Shrove Tuesday," She added after swallowing another bite.

"The secret's in the frosting!" Nina gave a playful smirk. "But as to what that secret is, I'm afraid I'm unable to tell you!" She added, giving a quiet giggle before taking a slice for herself. She watched as everyone else did the same thing, enjoying the cake as friends rather than fighting over their next move. It was at times like this, watching people delight in her cooking that Nina felt that she was truly useful to the group, despite the fact she was no fighter.
1npVeBy.jpg

"Hey, so, me and Roland have sorted out some rooms for you to sleep in. We left the doors open for the rooms that are available so feel free to just sort out where you're sleeping amongst yourselves," Jasper walked back in, speaking clearly as he did. "Roland's already gone to sleep and uh, I have to go do the same. Got work early in the morning," As he finished his sentence, he placed a set of keys on the table for everyone to see. "Since it seems you might be staying a while, here's the spare key set. I don't care which one of you has it, just lock up after you leave the house, yeah?" He looked at the group before giving a friendly grin. "Right, don't make it too late now," The grown man gave a low chuckle before walking out the room, his footsteps fading away. As he left, Birthday picked up the set of keys and pocketed it herself.

"He's right. We should all get some sleep - It's been a long day..." She whispered, with a soft sigh.​

• Love
Reactions: Fox of Spades

6wQ5x2X.jpg

"Excuses, excuses. You Holidays are all talk - a bunch of fucking pansies and nothing more." Thanatos was no stranger to speaking his mind, so he made sure Friday the 13th knew exactly how he felt about playing it safe. Old man Balance could die at any moment, the time for "playing it safe" was long over. "You guys talk and talk and talk about doing the safe thing - the right thing, but a war's raging out there. The Deadly Sins want our heads on silver platters and you want to look for answers in a book?"

Thanatos was on his feet in a heartbeat. He glared daggers at Francis before the same murderous look flitted to Birthday.

"Be pansies all you want. I'm going to actually do something about this."

9WNDzzy.png

"Yeah?" Ty scowled. "And what, get your ass handed to you by Birthday all over again?" Thanatos liked to talk big, liked to play the rough, bad boy, but really he was childish. That was something Tyree noticed long ago.

"Fuck you. You looking for a fight, Holiday? Cause last I checked I would have pummeled you if your friend hadn't stepped in."

"Try me," Ty challenged.

Thanatos was one step away from throttling Independence Day, but he stopped himself from causing a scene. He'd slip out later, if anything, he could probably convince Halloween to help him. Out of all the pansies, she seemed the most eager to actually do something.

"You're not even worth it, Holiday."

PdA34D0.jpg

"Tada! We were guessing you guys would be hungry." Ferris ignored the obvious signs of a brewing argument and tried to focus on the positives. Leave it to Nina and her amazing cooking to stop a fight from breaking out. His girlfriend was the best, and it was the little things like this that made him reflect on how lucky he was to be with her - in the craziness of it all, he had an anchor. He hoped he could be the same thing for her.

The fight fave way to a bunch of grumpy holidays and greek spirits partaking of the cake together. Things continued in this fashion until Jasper arrived with an announcement and the keys to the house. "Thanks again, Jasper. You guys are the best." And really, they were. Roland's family was heaven-sent. Ferris grabbed the keys from the human before promptly depositing them into Francis' hands.

"I think Francis should have the keys," Ferris said. Friday the 13th could be a gloomy gus sometimes, but he'd rather Francis have the keys instead of any of the Greek Spirits. "We'll be fine, you've already done more than enough."

Once Jasper disappeared the Holidays were left to decide on their room choices.

qoxsOka.jpg

It was a quarter past one in the morning when Alice left the bedroom she shared with Layla and Tyree. The two were fast asleep, but Alice had yet to catch some proper shut eye. She felt restless and she knew exactly why. She agreed with Thanatos - as much as she hated the arrogant Greek Spirit, he was damned right. They wouldn't be able to save Balance by reading books in a library. They had to do something. That was the reason Alice had crept into the living room and to the couch where Thanatos was lying down.

The Greek Spirit was staring idly at the ceiling. He couldn't sleep either.

6wQ5x2X.jpg

"I hear you creeping, Holiday. You gonna stab me in my sleep or what?"

"That's a good idea," Alice sneered. "But no, I'm here because I'm in."

"Hm?"

Alice frowned. It pained her to admit that the wannabe "God of Death" was right. "We need to do something big and we need to do it fast."

Thanatos sat up and almost smiled. "Now you're talking my language. I guess not all Holidays are pansies. What did you have in mind?"

It wasn't much but Alice explained her plan to summon a Halloween monster, nothing dangerous, but something scary enough to cause a little bit of chaos. Something to make Grim find them and fast. They could summon the monster by the school. People would notice it for sure.

Thanatos finally smiled. "Alright. Tell you what, Holiday. I like that plan. Let's do it."

• Love
Reactions: Xyvian

K1tTC1d.jpg

The night was quiet and uneventful - True to his word, Francis had taken the role of guarding the Holiday Spirits and Greek Gods for the night. He knew sleep would not come easy to him after the events of the day. How the Deadly Sins had attacked without warning, clearly not holding anything back. And how Valentine's Day, the woman he once loved above all else had... had... strangled Nina, of all people. Nina would never hurt fly, and yet the ferocity that was in Lilith's eyes when she lunged towards Shrove Tuesday... It burned in his mind. The unlucky spirit stared at the door where his former paramour had gone to rest for the night, but not before throwing another fit of anger, causing him to be cast out of the room. Still, he had to keep an eye on her. Given her actions, she was a liability, but she would never turn that destructive anger towards him... Right?

He pushed away the awful thoughts of it coming to that. They were supposed to be allies for goodness sake, and the Sins were the enemy! No, Lilith would understand that after a good nights sleep, surely. Yes, she had to, how else could they work together--

Pitter Patter, Pitter Patter...

The sound of footsteps drew the attention of Friday the Thirteenth, who snapped out of his thoughts and peeked around the corner cautiously, and his eyes fell on Alice. Alice? What was she doing out of bed? Careful not to make a sound, Francis stood and after glancing at Lilith's door, he chose to follow after Halloween. Valentine's Day had been incredibly quiet, she had no doubt already gone to bed. For now, he had to see where one of his dearest friends was going.

And as Alice explained her plan... He couldn't help but wince. He knew that the Halloween spirit was more hands on, and so was he, normally. But this was the Reaper they were trying to contact here. Coffyn Graves. Did Alice not remember what happened last time? It would do none of them favors if they caused havoc and then ended up in The Box. There would be no winners in that situation - Alice and Thanatos would be trapped in that hellish other dimension and it could take them days to recover when Coffyn eventually showed them mercy. Balance would be worse off after humans witnessed something magical. And well... He was worried about Alice, above all else. So he swallowed his pride, coughing lightly before stepping into the living room and flicking on the nearby light.

"If you're going to do something reckless, then I'm coming with you," The white haired spirit crossed his arms and stared at the two with an unreadable expression, his eyes tinged with flecks of blue, for worry and sorrow. "I refuse to let you both go off on your own and get reprimanded by Coffyn alone. I'll come along," His gaze flickered between the spirit of Hallow's Eve and the Greek God of Death. "I won't stop your plan. But I will be there to make sure nothing goes wrong. Nothing I can say will stop you," At his saddened tone, the unlucky holiday's eyes faded into a shimmering blue hue, but he quickly turned his head, closing his eyes to hide such troubling emotions.

The silence, in the next few seconds, was deafening, as Francis sought to compose himself, only allowing himself to re-open his eyes when he was sure the feelings had been buried deep within. He shot a glance to the two troublemakers before pointing to the door. "Well then. Lead the way. You mentioned the school, correct? We should get a move on,"

The Human Realm: Guest Bedroom

h5KAPuk.jpg

"Stupid Francis. Stupid Nina... Stupid Everybody," Lilith murmured to herself quietly, locked away in a human's bedroom. From the looks of where she was, this room hadn't been used in years - The bed, the shelves, the desk, all of it covered in a thick layer of dust. It would do, she supposed, but there was something so drab about the small room. White walls, plain grey carpet, generic paintings of sub-par landscapes. It was all so boring, so impersonal. Valentine's paced lightly around the room, looking for any sign that someone might have ever called this room home, just something to keep her entertained. But if there was ever such a trace, it was long gone. It wasn't till she heard the sounds of footsteps down the hall far away, and the lingering presence of the unlucky spirit following after the noise, that St Valentine's Day finally perked up.

Now was her chance! Carefully, she sprung the lock on the window, shimmying the decaying wooden frame upwards till there was enough space for her to slip out. The red-eyed spirit of love arched her body out into the cool night's air, grasping onto the trellis nearby and closing the window shut behind her carefully. She didn't care much for the other holidays, Greek Gods or humans, but to leave the window wide open was asking for disaster. Besides, she would come back before the day would break, and no one would be the wiser. But staying cooped up in a room in fear was not like her. Lilith allowed herself to land on the ground gracefully before skipping down the road - There was only one path, and the lights of the town could be seen in the distance. She would just follow them all the way to the town's center and she was sure to come across some form of human nightclub to at least find some sort of entertainment.

6wQ5x2X.jpg

Their discussion was interrupted when Friday the 13th made his presence known. Thanatos scowled. He didn't like Francis. He didn't like any of the Holidays but there was something about the gloomy young man that made the lesser God of Death bare his teeth. Friday the 13th was a know-it-all nosypants, two things he didn't like. "Looks like gloomy gale came to join the party. Step aside, Holiday, we've already made our mind—you're coming with us... great." Not what he had been expecting, but it was much better than Francis trying to physically stop them.

qoxsOka.jpg

Francis thought he was good at hiding his emotions, but Alice could tell when he was upset. She, Ferris, Nina, they knew Friday the 13th more than any of the other Holidays did - courtesy of being stuck with one another on earth for nearly months. They were good friends, and so, when Francis turned away with his eyes shut, Alice knew how saddened and resigned he was to their plan.

It left a bad taste in her mouth, going behind her fellow Holidays' backs to execute her plan with an idiot like Thanatos, but they were here and Balance was dying quicker than they could ever imagine. Desperate times called for desperate measures.

"The plan's going to work, Francis. We're not going to do anything stupid."

Still, she was relieved when her Francis insisted on coming along. Alice was Alice though and tried not to let the relief show. She nodded in his direction, it was the closest thing to a "thank you, I appreciate it" he would get at the moment, especially with Thanatos standing a foot away.

"Alright, no time for dillydallying. Let's get on with the show."

"I was born ready, doll."

Alice rolled her eyes but began making her way for the door.

Thanatos, instead of following immediately, paused to consider if he should wake Celeste up for the plan. On the one hand, if anything were to go wrong, he trusted her the most to have his back. On the other hand, a group of three was already a pretty BIG group, especially for what was supposed to be an incognito mission in the dead of night. At the end, he decided it'd be best if he let his friend catch some sleep.

"Oi, Thanatos. You chickening out or what?"

"Gimme a sec, Holiday."

The God of Death looked almost comical as he reached for one of Kayleigh's sketch books. He tore out a page and with a pencil, scribbled down a quick note: 'taking care of something with two of the holidays, don't worry. I'll be back before you know it.' Once the note was written, Thanatos made his way to where Celeste had fallen asleep and taped it to the nearest piece of furniture. After that, he followed the Holidays out the door.

The Human Realm: University of Essex

6wQ5x2X.jpg

He missed having the power to create portals, but Balance was sick so they walked as if they were a bunch of lowly humans. It took much longer than he thought to get to the university, and by the time they'd managed to make their way to the rooftop, they only had a few hours left before the sun would inevitably rise. They needed to execute their plan now while the darkness could still hide them.

"Ready? We wasted a helluva lot of time walking."

qoxsOka.jpg

"Shut up and let me concentrate. Do that and I'll be ready."

"The kitten has claws," Thanatos grumbled beneath his breath. So far though, Alice seemed to be the holiday he tolerated most easily.

"If you don't shut up, you'll get scratched."

A moment of silence before the lesser God of Death actually broke into a chuckle. "Witty. You're not so bad, Holiday."

Alice didn't respond. Casting spells on earth on days other than Halloween required a bit more concentration than usual. Still easy, but now that Balance was dying, it was getting just a teensy bit harder. Alice made her way to the edge of the rooftop and closed her eyes. Nothing happened for a moment before a giant, monstrous spider appeared in one of the alleyways below. It was as big as a motorbike and had five rows of crimson eyes. It was as harmless as a fly, but definitely not normal.

The screams were immediate.

Thanatos laughed. "Look at the humans run."

The Human Realm: University of Essex

4SBRqdx.jpg

Francis kept silent as he followed his fellow holiday and the God of Death to the university and up to the rooftop - They were lucky there was teachers already here, preparing for their day, and even some more diligent students who were no doubt here to do part time jobs around the school. The location was familiar, having not changed much from two years ago, when Roland was a student here. Those were simpler times - He almost longed for that time again, but quickly pushed such feelings aside. Back then, he was alone, pushing away the majority of the other spirits, but his time on Earth had made him to grow and understand that friendships were not all so bad. And ever since, he'd opened up more with the other holidays, and more so with Halloween, Shrove Tuesday and April Fools. He stared off into the distance, ignoring the wannabe Reaper and gazed at the sunrise, the pale blue sky lightening with misty hues of amber from the flames. It was beautiful. But the moment was fleeting.

His eyes flitted down at the sound of the horrendous spider that Alice had summoned - He couldn't help but inwardly be impressed at her skill to create something so terrifying - But that didn't change how much he disagreed with this plan. The spider was, in a word, monstrous, as let out a low hiss and scuttled out of the alley, in plain sight of the humans. You'd have to be blind to miss it, and the noises as it crept around were enough to garner attention. And the screams as those that did notice it soon followed. As well as Thanatos's laughter. The unlucky spirit's eyes flickered red for a brief second before he smacked the back of the God of Death's head lightly.

"This is not a laughing matter," He hissed, shooting a glare at the male. He could take stupid nicknames like 'Gloomy Gale', years of friendship with Ferris had already given him the patience to deal with childish antics, whether they were playful or just plain spiteful. But mockery of others, especially humans... It did not sit well with him. "Grim will be far more harsh if you're seen chortling like an idiot. Take it from someone with experience..." He glanced to Alice, as he recalled a shared memory of laughing at their own reckless antics, even when face to face with Coffyn. Oh how it had cost them at the time...

"...Either way, some of them appear to be using their phones to call people about it... Word should spread, and no doubt it'll set alarm bells off for the Reaper. Even if I'm against this plan, I believe it's succeeded. Now we merely have to wait for Coffyn to show," The silver-haired male took a seat on the roof. "Might as well sit down and stay low - We don't want to be seen up here when more people arrive to see the spider,"

The Human Realm: The Streets of Essex

YdzH1vL.jpg

Valentine's Day wandered from street to street, a glare in her red eyes as she scanned the buildings surrounding her. Was this town so devoid of nightlife? If so she could see why the humans were so eager to entertain otherworldly guests. The roads were eerily quiet, and the street lamps had long since switched off, leaving her standing in the sidewalk, aimlessly wandering with no sense of how to return back to the others. Lilith gave a soft sigh as she sat on the curb, staring up into the clouds with an almost wistful, pained expression. No matter how much of a front she put up, like the other holidays, she missed home, the status quo, the routine. Her job as the spirit of love was something she enjoyed immensely, her power over humans and the rush of dopamine they felt for each other... It was all her. And the nature of how far some people were willing to go just to fall in love? It was precious to witness. Maybe she was just a hopeless romantic. Or maybe she was just as chaotic as the sins - The words of her fellow holidays did sting a little, as she considered them in her own head, the night sky fading into daylight, until, suddenly--

THWACK

Z1jaF7f.jpg

"My my... Such a surprise to see Valentine's Day all alone in the early hours of the morning... And completely off guard," Pride chuckled to himself as he knelt by the unconscious holiday, sliding his arms underneath her legs and back to lift her up. "Looks like we hit the jackpot, right, Deceit, Greed?" He turned to his fellow sins, the smile on his lips vanishing and his glowering pink eyes narrowing towards them. "Why, I think Mistress Aria and Master Chaos are going to be quite pleased that our ruckus earlier didn't turn out to be a complete failure. Maybe they'll even forgive you for being so reckless, Deceit..." He smirked at the female sin before throwing the spirit of love into Greed's arms and opening a portal - After all, what did they care about Balance's health? He'd never cared for either of them after all.

"Let's be heading back home, shall we? We wouldn't want to get caught if there's any other holidays lurking about," With that, the sin disappeared into the portal - Sure, their home was on Earth now, but to walk could lead to being followed. And to be followed, everything Chaos and Aria were planning could be undermined...

The Human Realm: Essex Bus Stop

0ViNkUB.jpg

As the first few rays of daylight shone through the glass panes of the bus stop, Laura groaned, rubbing her eyes sleepily and wincing at the sunlight. She'd never been a morning person, and thus was thankful for the lack of sunshine in the Underworld and Tartarus, but now was not the time to get complacent. She shook the shoulders of both Ash and Ember, both still fast asleep and huddled close for warmth.

"Ash. Ember. Time to get up," The Reaper's assistant didn't mince words, but she still spoke gently enough to not spook the two. And after giving the two another shake, she stood. "C'mon, the light is shining so we can finally start looking for the holidays,"

Ko1Hio5.jpg

As the blonde mentioned their objective, Ash quickly sat up - Perhaps a little too quickly, as he felt a slight pang of dizziness, but he pushed through it. "Mm-- Morning Laura... Morning Ember..." The servant of Hades got to his feet, and once he helped Ember up, he shrugged on his jacket and gave a tired smile. "Well... It's certainly not the best rest I've had... But it was good enough," He nodded towards the Reaper's assistant, who smiled in response.

"Exactly. We're not here to vacation after all... We've got to find them. Now..." Laura stepped out from the bus stop, examining where they were. Ah, so... If they went right here, they would be well on their way. "This way," The girl pointed down the road and began to walk. Ash blinked, surprised at her pace - For someone who was once human and sick... She sure was fast! Grabbing Ember's hand, he jogged to catch up to her before matching Laura's pace. In the silence, Ash took the chance to look at the buildings around them - A lot of them had huge glass windows with items in plain sight. Were these human shops? Ash wasn't unfamiliar with the concept. However, his red eyes filled with the curiosity of a child as he let go of Ember's hand and pointed towards one of the few displays, filled with flashing boxes with moving pictures.

"W-What is that?!" He exclaimed before rushing over and pressing his face to the glass. "It...It moves?! What sorcery is this?! Laura, I thought humans didn't have magic!" His voice was loud, and the blonde couldn't help but look around worriedly - They were fortunate this street was empty due to the early hours.

"Ash, please, would you control what you're saying?!" Laura hissed, her voice low as she approached the shop. "It's not magic - It's a video playing on a television. See how realistic it is? We have devices called cameras that can take pictures of people and record them moving and talking..." The blonde glanced to the screens. "This shop sells them so people can watch videos at home... This is just a display previewing how it looks," She explained, doing her best to not be too impatient with Ash - Both he and Ember were unfamiliar with modern human technology after all. Just like how she had been unfamiliar with magic and swordsmanship up until a year ago.

"Ohhh... I see! That's amazing..." The raven-haired male seemed in awe as he peeled himself away from the glass and stared at the TV. "So... What is it playing?"

"It... seems like a news show. Though this one seems like it's only a local news show. It's how humans get information about what's going on in the world--" The blonde had barely begun to explain, before the TVs in the display window made a low noise and text flashed on the screen.

Breaking News

"We interrupt this news story for a breaking news report. This just in - Several Students and Staff Members of our beloved local University of Essex have reported sightings of an abnormally large arachnid on campus. Whilst this seems like the ravings of someone with too much imagination, many students who have arrived at the university early have noted that all the doors into the educational institution to be locked heavily, as if blocked by something, corroborating the story from the reports about the large arachnid. May we get that quote, Jeff?"

"Certainly. One student who called in said 'Me and my buddies were just arriving to check on our science project, and when we went to the front door, it wouldn't budge. We thought it wasn't a big deal, as we had a key to the Science Block and could get in that way, but when we cut down the alley, we saw it! It hissed and tried to get at us, but we made a break for it! We bolted to the Science Block and quickly blocked up the doors once locked and decided to search the school - We found others who also had seen it, and they'd blocked the front entrance just in case it wanted in!'"

"The University of Essex's School Board has yet to comment on the matter, and whilst no solid footage of the large arachnid has been found, students with classes scheduled for today should perhaps consider skipping, or at the very least, calling in to discern the situation,"

"...That sounds like the sins..." Ash whispered, the smile from his lips completely gone as he frowned and hugged himself. "...A-A Giant... Spider... It's gotta be a monster that Aria summoned? O-Or maybe it's Deceit... She shapeshifts, right?"

"Whatever, it is, we're changing plans and going there - We can't let that spider roam around like that--" Laura had started to take off, running to the corner and making a sharp turn. She barely noticed the person in front of her, walking with their bike at their side, and with no time to stop, she cried out.

"WATCH OUT--" But it was too late. There was a clang of metal as both her, the bike and the owner fell to the ground, mere inches away from each other. And as the blonde shook off the daze from the bump, her red eyes focused on the person in front of her. He seemed familiar, and her mind went back to the events of last night as she spoke his name.

"Russel?" She asked, confused and alarmed. This wasn't good - She couldn't explain why she was in such a rush. Sure, she could say she had to get to university, but... Maybe he wouldn't believe that.

Last edited:
  • Love
The Human Realm: Essex University Rooftop Limbo

6wQ5x2X.jpg

qoxsOka.jpg

To no one's surprise, the Gloomy Gale was it at again. Thanatos sneered, a part of him wanted to lift Francis up by the collar of his shirt and dangle him over the edge of the rooftop, but the reasonable part of him, told him to let it go and just enjoy the show below.

"Whatever, let the reaper find us. If anything he should be thanking us for having the initiative to call."

Alice rolled her eyes. Thanatos was a pain in the butt on most days, but now - especially considering how mad he was at them - he was frigging unbearable. Thankfully, Francis took the high road and moved away to sit on the building's edge. Also, she would really rather not be alone with the asshat that was Thanatos supposed 'God of Death.' He was pain. Probably harmless (he lost to Birthday) but still the embodiment of a walking migraine. Ignoring the lesser God of Death, Alice made her way to the ledge and sat beside Francis.

"Thanks for coming along," Alice said. "An entire morning alone with this asshat would have been hell."

"Kitten, I can hear you loud and clear." Thanatos gave Alice a wry smile. "It's almost cute when you bare your claws."

"Yep, the point is for you to hear the insults."

"You're hurting my heart," Thanatos mocked. Messing with them was at least entertaining. He considered saying more, but the something in the air seemed to shift. The temperature dropped and goosebumps ran up and down his arms. Ah... big brother death was coming. Just one cue, a dark vortex opened up on the rooftop of Essex University.

2wdgoOt.jpg

The reaper took one look at the trio and sighed. Despite being Death himself, it was clear that the man was overworked and pretty much exhausted to the bone. The pager he kept attached to his waist continued beeping incessantly, and the more he looked at the Holidays and Thanatos, the more he felt the beginnings of a migraine about to flare up.

"Why am I not surprised? When something goes horribly wrong, you lot are right around the corner."

Red eyes bore into Alice and Francis especially.

Halloween, despite all her bravado seemed to shrink into the background. Their plan had worked but the reaper was also enraged.

"You two, what on earth are you thinking? Summoning a giant spider? Balance is dying and you're... pulling pranks?" Grim was doing all he could to keep from screaming at the three imbeciles before him. "And you, Thanatos, don't even get me started. I should put all of you in the box!" He waved his scythe into the air and a large black box appeared before the Holidays. Grim was clearly not willing to put up with any stupidity today.

6wQ5x2X.jpg

"Hells no. Just listen for a second." Thanatos interrupted. "We're not idiots. We called you here on purpose."

"And?" Coffyn arched an eyebrow. "What could be so important that you decided to risk Balance's life for it?"

"The sins are after us," Alice said. She'd finally gathered up the nerve to speak. "Things are really bad, Coffyn."

The box disappeared, and the look of anger on the reaper's face seemed to turn into one of resignation. "The sins are here?"

"Yeah. They tried to kill us." Thanatos spoke again. "We wouldn't summon you if it wasn't important."

The reaper pinched the bridge of his nose between his bony fingers. "It's not safe to talk about Balance here." He waved his scythe and opened up another portal to a rather barren dimension - limbo. "We'll speak there. Follow me. For now, talk. I'm listening."

k0o40xT.jpg

VvmD6Sd.jpg

"Oh puh-lease, if it wasn't for me, you boys would still be on your knees by the bushes." Deceit pouted childishly. "I had them right where I wanted them Pride, but you had to let them go. We could have had them all, now all we have is Valentines Day."

"Really, Doll? Last I checked, you were about to kill two of them. Boss kind of needs them alive."

"You can't have everything you want in life, Greedykins."

Greed scoffed, and then fumbled around as Pride frigging tossed the lady at him. Yeah, leave the grunt work to good ol' Greed. "A heads up next time would be nice, yeah?" Oh well, Valentines was a dynamite gal. He didn't mind having such a lady in his arms... too bad she was a good for nothing Holiday.

"Stop ogling the girl, Greed." Deceit chimed in as Pride made preparations to leave.

"Can't help it." Greed put on a charming smile to hide his annoyance. "When I'm stuck with the likes of you all day, I gotta take what I can get." He laughed when Deceit seemed to turn red at the insult. Such was the nature of their relationship.

"Pride is right, we should leave now."

Greed nodded. "Whatever you say, doll face."

IhAlZc8.png

Ember allowed Ash to lead her by the hand, earth was a little intimidating - what with all the new sights and sounds - so she was thankful he was there to tug her along when she needed it. Ash was familiar, he was a friend from Tartarus and they would all find the Holidays and then go home. She stopped when he stopped, transfixed by the magic box that seemed to show them pictures.

Laura's explanation didn't make much sense, but when the news began to play, things started to fall into place.

"It has to be the sins. I was reading about earth," she kept her voice low to avoid suspicious. "And the books never said anything about giant spiders. They're always small on earth." Not exactly the least suspicious thing to say, but she and Ash were getting better and learning as they went along. Ember nodded when Laura suggest they find said spider only for another accident to play out before them.

FzN4wXC.png

Watch out!

Before Russel could do anything, he was lying flat on his stomach on the pavement. His bike had flipped sideways and the wheels continued to turn despite its fallen state. His second bike crash in less than 24 hours. Damn. Had a black cat crossed his path or something? He was amused at first before the familiar pang of panic began to rise in his chest. He'd bumped into someone again.

"Sorry, sorry!" He apologized as he scrambled to his feet. Russel was even more frightened when he realized he'd hit a girl. He offered her his arm but paused when she said his name. "Laura? We really need to stop bumping into each other like this, I mean, are you okay?" He helped her to her feet and eyed her from toe to head - no gaping wounds, good, good. "Oh, you and your friends are still here?" He grew even more puzzled when he saw Ash and Ember peering at him. "You guys weren't able to catch your bus?"

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
The Human Realm: Essex University Rooftop Limbo

4SBRqdx.jpg

Francis couldn't help but smile lightly, his eyes flickering an almost warm yellow hue for a mere moment as Alice sat by his side and thanked him for coming along, admitting it would be a pain to be stuck with Thanatos alone. He gave a slight nod. "Agreed, he just doesn't shut up, does he?" He added with a wry chuckle. And as the God of Death noted he could hear them, Francis simply shrugged towards him.

"Sure, keep telling yourself that. But if you could keep it down... That'd be great..." The silver haired spirit couldn't help but smirk slightly as he looked to Halloween - Thanatos' annoying insults were far less grating when there were two of them and only one of him. However, before any more words could be said, the chill in the morning air became more icy, and the wet metal railing on the rooftop soon hardened with a thin layer of frost. Francis stood, helping Alice up too as Death arrived, and he could see Hallow's Eve shrink at the Reaper's Arrival. Even Thanatos, for all his sass, had goosebumps pricking forth on his skin. But there was something clearly different about Coffyn. Francis's grey eyes narrowed at the sight of him - He expected to see the Reaper in good health, as he was two years ago. But no, the Reaper was tired and thinner, his cloak was wearing him and not the other way around. The pager beeped incessantly from his side, and of course they all knew that sound too well. Only Francis had never known it to go off so...frequently, and he put two and two together - Coffyn was being worked to the death, as it were. However, before he could ask about his current state, the Reaper waved his scythe and conjured forth a familiar object in the air before him.

A large black box, that was enough to bring panic to Francis, though he swallowed his fear and almost instinctively put himself between Alice and the Reaper - This is why he had come along, after all. The Unlucky Holiday wasn't going to let Grim toss either himself, Alice or heck, even Thanatos into the box. No one should go through what they had before. The eternity they had spent in that hellish other dimension, it was enough for a lifetime. He wasn't going to let it happen again.

Thanatos, surprisingly spoke up for them, and explained that they needed to talk with the Reaper. The sins were mentioned by Alice who had also plucked the courage to speak up, and the Reaper's attitude quickly shifted from anger, burying it within himself as he opened a portal to Limbo and bade the holidays and Thanatos to follow after him - And to talk. Nodding, Francis obeyed, following after Death. It was only once they had entered the barren realm and the portal closed behind him, Francis spoke.

"We all got cast here when Chaos started his antics. I can't speak for Olympus, but the Holiday Realm got pretty beat up... The Holidays that are here got cast down here when the balance of our dimension got thrown out of wack - I assume Balance was too sick to keep it all under control. There's me, April Fool's Day, Halloween, Shrove Tuesday, Independence Day, Birthday and Valentine's Day on the holiday end of things. Thanatos and Celeste are the only Greek Gods we've seen here. We went to Roland for help, and he split us up, thinking we'd be safer if some stayed with the rest of his family, whilst we stayed with Roland. We wanted to keep things low key, but..." Francis's voice drifted as he looked towards Alice.

"...Like Alice said, we were attacked. I overheard their names - Deceit. Pride. Greed. The one called Deceit started the attack, and it seemed like it wasn't planned. We're lucky they were reckless enough to try something like this. Pride stopped Deceit from killing us outright. It speaks to motive to want us around, but they aren't above doing chaotic actions like attacking us and driving us from safety. It could happen again," The spirit of unluckiness met the Reaper's gaze, his eyes full of worry. "What should we do? Home isn't home anymore. The Sins are tracking us and could be attacking at this moment. I fear laying low might not be an option but who knows how many more spirits, sins or demons Chaos might have under his wing?"

The Human Realm: The Streets of Essex Chaos's Hideout

Z1jaF7f.jpg

"Greed, please - You know you can do better than a saccharine holiday. Besides, that lovely lady there did almost claw out your throat. Unless you're into that. Don't tell me. I don't want to know," His gaze then turned to Deceit. "And Deceit, you know you can do far better than Greed so pay his taunts no mind," The spirit of Pride smirked once more and shrugged as he wandered further into what was their new home. It was far from the level of luxury he would expect for someone of his heritage, but he had to make do. Master Chaos had chosen this hollowed out cave due to the spacious caverns that humans had yet to discover, lit with strange luminescent crystals that glowed in the eerie dark. The sounds of the ocean waves persisted outside and faintly, there was the sound of gulls squawking. It was hardly a good fit for someone like him. But it was an unknown place, perfect to hideaway a troubling holiday. Pride approached the cavern where he knew his Master and Mistress would be, knocking lightly on the rocks outside before stepping in and bowing.

"Master Chaos. Mistress Aria. We come bringing good news - We've caught one of the meddlesome holidays," He gestured towards Valentine's Day, still out cold in Greed's arms and urged him to bring her forward for the two to get a good look at. "So you see, our plan was not a complete disaster--"

RYgTYHR.jpg

"Only one? Hm..." The cold voice of one of the two masterminds behind the chaos in the human world cut the sin off, as she lounged back in her chair and sighed. "If this were a human school, you would only have one correct answer out of all the many questions, and it would be considered a failure. A complete failure..." The pink-haired demon sighed as she stood, several fox tails curling behind her as she approached Greed and the Holiday. For a moment, she stroked the pale face of Valentine's Day. "The spirit of love. Well, you caught the feisty one so I suppose we can grant you, some leeway..." She glanced towards the chair where she knew Chaos was before her gaze flitted back to the sin before her, stroking the male's cheek before she grasped it, pinching it hard with her clawed nails.

"And what do you think, Needy-Greedy? Do you think the plan wasn't a complete disaster? Do you think one out of nine magical beings in this world is a passing grade? Oh wait, three more magical beings have entered this world without your notice, so make that twelve. Is one out of twelve satisfactory?" Her tone never wavered, and her pink eyes remained locked with Greed's, demonic slits for pupils, and her claws drew blood as she waited for an answer.

0ViNkUB.jpg

As the familiar stranger helped her to her feet, Laura offered a polite smile and bowed her head. "Yes, we really do need to stop crashing into each other this way..." There was something akin to a small grin at the fact that the roles had been reversed - Instead of him running them over, she'd ran straight into him. The blonde however coughed lightly and dusted herself off as she heard his question. "I'll be fine. I blame it on being in a rush..." She knelt and helped lift the bike upright, staring at it for a moment, though her thoughts were interrupted as she heard Ash's voice.

Ko1Hio5.jpg

"Laura!" He called, rounding the corner with Ember before he jumped back in alarm. "The two-wheeled monster! It's back again! Are you hurt?!" He shouted, being far too loud for the early hours of the morning.

"Ash... Use your indoor voice..." Laura couldn't help but grimace at his words. She hoped that Russel would pay no attention to her companion's strange choice of words.

"R-Right... Sorry..." The raven-haired male shifted awkwardly, lowering his voice subsequently. He tended to get loud when he panicked, but now wasn't the time. "But... We're in a rush right? We can't stick around, the University--"

"Ash!" Laura shook her head and waved her hand, hoping the naive hell servant would understand to zip it. "I'm sorry... We missed our bus yesterday. Now.... Now I'm going to be late for my appointment at the University... I was going to apply to get in next Semester and if I miss it... Well you can understand..." The lies came out so easily, and she gave the other two a knowing look. Ash stared blankly back however, not understanding what she was saying. Semester? Appointment? All he could do was nod in agreement to her lie.

"R-Right... We've got to get Laura there on time. We're in a big rush!" He exclaimed, nodding even more. His enthusiasm was almost too much and Laura wanted to let the Earth swallow her whole. How were they going to get away with this? She gave an almost apologetic look towards Russel before stepping between her companions and the human, an idea forming in her mind as she spoke.

"How about... you give me a ride to the university on your bike, Russel? Then we'll call yesterday's little mishap even," The blonde scratched the back of her head. "I need to get there fast but I doubt I can make it in time on foot... And meanwhile, Ash, Ember, you can wait for me at my Brother's old address..."

"But I thought Roland still lived here--"

"But Ash, my brother's old home is closer - You only need to take a right, go all the way to the end of the street, then left, left, right. Roland's new home is on the other side of town," Laura couldn't believe how much she had to carry the lies, and she couldn't help but grit her teeth and hope ash would understand. "Maybe you could greet Miss Alice and Nina for me... And oh, I wonder if Celeste still lives there..." She subtly dropped the names of the holidays and a Greek God, hoping they'd get the message. It took minutes of silence before Ash nodded.

"Oh! Yes! Right! You told me about them! S-Silly me... Well Ember, we'll do that whilst Laura goes to her meeting...!" Taking Ember by the hand, Ash quickly began to walk down the street, taking a right as Laura instructed. He didn't like being split up, but he'd gotten the message, and once sure they were out of hearing range, Ash sighed in relief and looked to Ember.

"We've gotta go to Roland's house... In all this chaos, it's possible the holidays are in danger too. I hadn't thought of that till Laura dropped their names like that..." The servant of Hades looked nervous. "Things just keep getting worse but we've got to be brave... N-Now... W-Which way did Laura tell us to go?"

The Human Realm: Streets of Essex

0ViNkUB.jpg

"I'm... Sorry about those two. They don't know their way around too well. They've lived a sheltered life," Laura admitted, looking away nervously. "I don't like to leave them on their own but... I need to get to the university quickly. A-And... Well, you seem nice and you must be a university student as well..." The blonde tilted her head somewhat curiously, a slight smile playing on her lips. "We're around the same age after all, and you seem like the bookworm type. I don't mean that as an insult - It takes one to know one," The strange girl let out a soft nervous giggle at her words. "I'll make it up to you if you get me to the university... I have a lot of old first edition books that I can part with," It wasn't exactly a lie - The Collective library of the Underworld and Tartarus would be enough to make any literature fan gawk at.

Last edited:
  • Love
Limbo The Streets of Essex

2wdgoOt.jpg

"They tried to kill you?" The Reaper was baffled by the Sins' outright audacity. Capturing a holiday was one thing, killing one was another thing entirely. "I expected Chaos to do something reckless, but nothing this drastic." Coffyn seemed to deflate underneath his dark cloak. His shoulders sagged and the corners of his lips pulled down into his signature scowl. The Reaper wasn't happy, but unlike before, he couldn't fix things with a wave of his scythe. On the contrary, there was nothing he could do about the Sins or Balance.

"You'll have to lay low for now, stay with the mortals and keep yourselves out of trouble."

6wQ5x2X.jpg

"The hell? That's all you're gonna tell us to do?" Thanatos snapped.

"What did you expect. My hands are tied." The Reaper wished he could do more, but they were all spread thin, especially now that Balance was dying. "This was a horrendously stupid thing to do. You should be smart enough to know, I can't do anything about this."

Thanatos started cursing in Greek.

"What? You want me to run after the Sins? Is that it? That will get Balance killed faster than anything else." Coffyn was done. Francis' story had painted a picture, but it was something that was totally out of his hands. "You three are lucky I'm not tossing you into the box for your stupidity." The reaper's eyes burned crimson as he locked his gaze with Francis' own. "Holiday, you're the least idiotic of the three. I expected you to know better. Now leave before I change my mind." He waived his scythe and opened another portal back to earth. "Go back to earth, I'll tell Hades and the rest of the Underworld about this, but you'll have to be patient."

"You know what? You're just a coward." Thanatos spat. "You've obviously got the means to do something."

"Call me whatever you like Thanatos, I don't have time to listen to fools." He eyed Francis again, making it clear that the three of them were testing his patience. He was already showing them mercy by letting them off the hook. "Go, before I change my mind."

qoxsOka.jpg

Alice didn't have to be told twice. She and Francis knew what the box was like, what it could do. "Thanatos, shut up. We're leaving." Halloween was the epitome of reckless spitfire, but after their first encounter with Grim, it was clear being in his presence made her more subdued. She wouldn't admit it outright of course, but the Reaper and the prospect of being thrown back into the hellish landscape of the void scared her. "Shut your mouth, and start walking."

"Holiday, this was your Goddamn plan."

"And it didn't work," she snapped. "Which is why we're leaving."

Without saying another word, Alice tugged Francis by the hand and left through the portal. If Thanatos wanted to stay and get tormented for days, that was on him. Of course, the lesser God of Death ended up following them back to the streets of Essex.

Chaos' Hideout

VvmD6Sd.jpg

k0o40xT.jpg

Greed waggled his eyebrows suggestively. "Hey, I think I'd be down for that. Imagine the excitement, the chase."

"You're disgusting, Greed." Deceit's voice was shrill as she scolded him. "Besides, neither Pride nor I want to hear about your weird preferences." She turned up her nose and smiled when Pride commented she could do far better than Greed. Of course. In fact, suggesting that she'd even considered their companion in that way was practically an insult. "Of course, of course, we should be on our way."

They entered the cave and the familiar glow of the crystals lit their way.

A few moments later, they were standing before Choas and Aria as Pride broke the news. Greed had been expecting disappointment, but he shivered when Aria pinched his cheek and suggested that their entire operation had been a failure. Even the cheeky deceit had grown quiet.

"We could have done better," Greed admitted. "We're terrible sorry."

"Very, very sorry!" Deceit chirped in.

Greed resisted the urge to strangle the girl and continued on. "The Holidays were stronger than we imagined. The human was there too..." A terrible excuse, but Greed was nervous and the words spilled from his mouth just as quickly as his thoughts raced. They were almost incoherent. "We... we can use this Holiday as bait. For sure, the others will try to save her. We'll have all the holidays captured in no time." Aria drew blood from his cheek then, and he locked eyes with Pride as if begging the other Sin to come to his aid. "I swear, we'll have them soon."

"Yes," Deceit tried to reason. "Think of the first meeting as an... assessment, my lady. Now we know what we're up against."

"Yes!" Greed said as he squirmed in Aria's hold.

T8TMCZn.jpg

Throughout the whole ordeal, Chaos was almost serene. He looked to Aria and nodded his head as if to tell her to ease off the sins a little. "You have to do better. This will do for now. If you can use Valentine's capture to your advantage then enough has been done for today." He was always the softer 'parent' and it showed in how treated the sins. "Thank you for the report."

FzN4wXC.png

Russel was, to put it bluntly, very confused. Everyone was talking over everyone and Laura was steering the conversation away from something. What that something was, well he didn't know. But there was something about the exchange that felt almost forced, as if it had been prepared before hand. He arched his eyebrows at the rather confused duo, as Laura tried to get them to leave.

"Um, you sure they'll be okay? They seem kind of confused?"

More talking and name dropping.

"I'd be more than happy to give you a ride. I was heading to uni anyway, but... um, are they going to be okay - annnd they're gone." Confused, he waved Ash and Ember goodbye. "Before you go, at least let me give you my phone number! You can call if you get lost or need help or anything."

IhAlZc8.png

"It's alright." Ember said as Ash tugged her along. "We don't have phones."

"Okay... take care."

Once the duo had vanished, Laura went on to explain they were sheltered. Then she plied him with books and he couldn't stop the spark of excitement from consuming him. There was a glint of obvious excitement in his eyes. "Hah, you don't have to. I would appreciate seeing them though." The smile faltered a little. "Are you sure you wanna head over to school? I just got a text from Steve, something about a giant spider in the area. Some classes have already been cancelled. They might have cancelled your appointment too."

• Love
Limbo The Streets of Essex

4SBRqdx.jpg

As expected, the Grim Reaper could do naught for them. Of course, Thanatos began cursing in Greek whilst Halloween was quick to usher them out as the Reaper opened a portal. The spirit of unluckiness felt Alice grasp his hand and begin to pull him into the portal, and he glanced back at Coffyn for a moment, as if he wanted to say something to protest what was happening, that surely there was more he could do, that they could do. But he held his tongue and simply murmured one thing.

"...Sorry for wasting your time, Coffyn. Don't over do it," With that, Friday the Thirteenth got dragged through with Alice, and the party of three were left in the streets of Essex. Brushing himself off and untangling his fingers from Alice's, Francis looked around, taking in where they were before speaking. "He dropped us off on the streets - We walked down this street last night, it's not too far from Jasper's house. He saved us a trip back at least. And also questions from the humans at the university, most likely. It's like we weren't there," The silver haired spirit sighed somewhat in relief - He'd been questioning how they were going to get away from the campus without being asked about the spider but Grim had saved them the trouble. However, he looked towards Alice and Thanatos, crossing his arms and looking slightly disappointed.

"I did say this plan wasn't going to work. At least not in the way you were hoping for. I don't think the others are going to be too pleased about this but we're going to have to explain what happened. And then we have to just... Act human, I guess, till things are fixed," He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "...But I won't cover for you like I did with Coffyn. If I had said that you were going to sneak out and do this behind everyone's backs, you know where we'd be right now," He then drew a box shape in the air with his fingers before shuddering. "I'll pass on that experience again, thank you," He then turned and began to lead the way back towards Jasper's house. He didn't care for whatever protests Thanatos had about acting human. They just had to go back and tell everyone what they learned. But why did he feel a sinking pit in his stomach at the thought of returning back to everyone?

Chaos' Hideout

RYgTYHR.jpg

From a single glance and a nod, Aria understood full well what her partner in crime meant. She loosened her grip from the pinch to simply stroking the cheek of Greed, brushing away the small flecks of blood from his open wound. "Bait you say..." Aria mulled the word over. "Yes, I believe that is the best answer we have. Very well, we'll let you use Valentine's Day as bait. The other holidays can't abandon their own kind after all," She gave a smile before lightly patting Greed and stepping back. "Whilst you three deal with the holidays, we'll send someone else to deal with the three from the Underworld - Someone less reckless," Aria gave a knowing look towards Deceit, baring her fangs as she locked her gaze with her for a moment.

Z1jaF7f.jpg

"We understand, Mistress Aria... Master Chaos... We can do better... We won't disappoint you both again," Pride quickly came to Deceit's defense at the knowing gaze, shaking somewhat as he turned to his companions. He placed a firm hand on both their shoulders and began to pull them away with him. "We should get to work - No time like the present they say, hah..." And once they rounded the corner and down several corridors of the maze like cavern, it was only after they were out of earshot that Pride breathed in relief.

"She knew. She knew we did something reckless... Ugh, Deceit, I told you, I warned you..." He grumbled, but his attention was brought to Valentine's Day as she stirred somewhat in Greed's arms. "...Never mind that, for now, we have to get her tied up before she wakes up. I don't care what kind of disturbing bedroom antics you are into, Greed, but we need to be serious from here on out,"

At the sound of their footsteps leaving the room, Aria let out a sigh, her gaze softening as she watched the three depart. She was only as harsh as she was because she wanted them to succeed, to do better than the naysayers like Balance or Harmony. The people who treated her, a demon, like she were a menace. The fox spirit sat by Chaos, a pitiful expression present on her face.

"...I'm only so stern with them because they could do better if they stopped their bickering, you know..." She murmured, before glancing at the silver-haired Chaos. "...But I sense they are more determined to get it right now, for their own sake... Sins are selfish after all," Aria let out a low chuckle before any soft expression from her eyes faded out, as she went back to business.

"Now... What should we do about the three from the Underworld? They aren't holidays or even important spirits like Hades or The Reaper... But they are entrusted with knowledge about our plans. We could remove them without issue, and their deaths would be inconsequential to our plans. In fact, it may force the Underworld and Tartarus to step it up," Aria mused over their plan as she locked eyes with Chaos. "What do you think?"

0ViNkUB.jpg

As Russel's eyes seemed to light up at the mention of old books, Laura couldn't help but fondly smile at his excitement. He reminded her of a certain reaper who also held his personal collection of books near and dear to his heart. Not that he had any time for reading these days. Her smile saddened somewhat as she was reminded of how life in the underworld was these days. With the increase in work load as Balance refused to let Thanatos undertake any duties and the fact that the old man was sick to boot, Coffyn had seen better days. Disruption and Joker were also punished with more work since the Reaper was also overworked, which meant that the Reaper's assistant had little to do - She was meant to learn from Coffyn, Disruption and Joker, but they were far too busy to teach her.

She soon snapped out of her thoughts as the human male in front of her asked her if she was sure she wanted to go to the university, and mentioned how his roommate had warned him of the giant spider. News travels fast... She thought to herself, though she shouldn't be so surprised. Laura gave a slight shrug and smiled lightly.

"A giant spider? That doesn't sound real," She had to get to the university, so she had to deny the possibility of the spider. It would at least help keep Balance healthy if she didn't reveal that the spider was roaming around was potentially real. "If it is, then well, at least I can't be late for my appointment because it would be cancelled, but if it's not and I don't show up, then I have a problem, you know? Besides... I've heard the Campus has a great library and I wanted to sneak a peek at that anyway," Laura grinned at the prospect of books - She had always been fond of reading from a young age, given her hobby options were limited, back then. She'd only visited the library once with Roland when he was enrolling in the university. She did wish to see it again, so it wasn't exactly a lie.

She waited for Russel to sit on his bike before hopping on herself. She'd never ridden a bike herself, but she'd seen Jasper and Roland do it. She hitched her skirt away from the back wheel and kept her legs up and away from the pedals so that she would be less in the way. Now she was no stranger to heights but something about sitting on a two wheeled bike that was really only built for one person was unsettling. She wrapped her arms around Russel for fear of falling, but realised how forward it was do so, and quickly explained her reasoning.

"I...I-Is now a good time to say I've never ridden on a bike before?" The girl's voice was quiet, and strangely enough, frightened. She inwardly couldn't help but be embarrassed - She was courageous enough to fight Deadly Sins, Demons and even stood up to Old Man Balance once, but here she was, clinging to a stranger for fear of losing her balance on a bike. Two Wheeled Monster is right, Ash...

• Love
Human Realm: Streets of Essex

qoxsOka.jpg

6wQ5x2X.jpg

The plan was a massive failure, but they had to do something.

"We had to at least try, Francis." Alice explained. "I couldn't just do nothing." She waived her hands in the air for emphasis, but stopped once the words had been thrown out into the open. Francis was right, but she was stubborn and didn't quite want to admit it. Still, her friend had saved them from the box so she swallowed her pride. "Yeah, yeah, okay. Act human, I get it. We've done this before."

Thanatos merely rolled his eyes at the suggestion, but at this point, followed the Holidays with slouched shoulders and a broken ego.

They walked in silence for awhile before Alice finally broke it. "Thanks for talking to Grim, Francis."

Chaos' Hideout

VvmD6Sd.jpg

k0o40xT.jpg

Greed allowed himself to finally breathe when Aria loosened her grip on him. They weren't out of the flames yet, but Pride's quick apology coupled with his suggestion to use Valentines as bait seemed to do the trick. They were sent packing, and once they were out of sight and earshot, Pride began chastising them like the nagging mother he secretly was.

"Yeah, we'll do better. We'll make those holidays pay." Greed wasn't in the mood to be scolded.

"Hey! We got out of there alive." Deceit was smiling again. "We'll be fine, Pride. I promise not to attack them again, scout's honor."

"You? Honor?" Greed snickered. "Well, I guess we gotta get back to work."

***​

T8TMCZn.jpg

"Of course, I understand." He offered her a weary smile. They'd been beyond busy as of late, but it had been very rewarding. "Those three bicker like children sometimes. Amusing on most days," he admitted. "But unfortunately, with Balance deteriorating at this speed, there's no room for error. We'll make it up to them later." He placed his hand on Aria's shoulder, a rare act of gentleness from the personification of Chaos itself. "As for those three. I quite like the sound of your plan. The sooner we get rid of them, the better. How about we contact Wrath?"

FzN4wXC.png

Of course, giant spiders... he must have sounded like an idiot.

Before Russel knew it, the blood was rising to his face and turning his ears a bright red. He looked ridiculous and tried to feign a laugh to ward off the residual awkwardness. "Of course, Steve's probably pulling my leg. Pshh, giant spiders." He hopped on his bike and waited for Laura to follow. "Don't worry then, I'll make sure to get you to your appointment in time. I'm a good bicycle rider, I only crashed twice in the past 24 hours." A lame joke, but hopefully he'd get her to smile.

"I...I-Is now a good time to say I've never ridden on a bike before?"

Russel chuckled as he felt her arms wrap around him. "You'll be fine, Laura. Just hold on tight and trust me." He gave her a moment to steady herself, and once she was ready began to pedal. "Okay! Let's get you to your appointment."

The entire ride to the university took roughly 15 minutes. They arrived - thankfully - in one piece. Russel pulled on the breaks and when the bike came to a stop turned to smile at his passenger. "That wasn't so bad, right? If you need any help, I can walk you to your appointment."

• Love

4SBRqdx.jpg

Francis knew deep down what Alice meant. Inside it tore him apart to just sit back and do nothing, and he supposed that's why a part of him went along with their plan. So he gave a nod of understanding to her words before leading the way. The unlucky spirit caught a glimpse of the Lesser God of Death's eye roll at the sheer suggestion they had to act like humans. Well, he wasn't surprised in the slightest that Thanatos was almost willfully disagreeing with Coffyn, given their history. He only hoped that he could at least see how severe the situation was and behave, for once. Though it was unlikely to be smooth sailing from here. Francis stayed stuck in his thoughts for the longest time, trying to think of something they'd be able to help with whilst staying under the radar from the sins. But nothing sprung to mind, and for the first time in forever, Francis felt at a loss. It was only when he heard Halloween's voice that he snapped out of it, and glanced to his side, his misty grey eyes obscuring what ever emotion he felt.

"...You don't have to thank me," He smiled faintly, colour returning to his eyes in a faded sunshine yellow to mark the slight joy he felt at her words. "You're my friend and well, friends have to stick together," He let the words linger for a moment - They felt weird coming from his mouth, it was too saccharine for his liking and he coughed, his cheeks warming up ever so slightly. "...A-After all, if you two ended up being trapped in The Box, well, we'd all be worried and we would be down two allies..." Even now, Francis really wasn't comfortable showing heartfelt emotion for someone - He'd gotten better over time, but two years couldn't undo the hundreds of years he'd spent being reserved. "...You're welcome, though..." Francis looked away, letting his fluffy white hair cover his eyes so he wouldn't be teased mercilessly.

n0BIBFb.jpg

Roland had been the first to wake out of everyone currently living under his family's roof, and groggily he pulled himself out of bed to get ready for a new day. He adjusted his jacket once he was dressed and spiked his hair up the way he liked it before strolling out of his room and downstairs. This wasn't home, and it certainly felt that way - The long empty echoing halls, the rooms devoid of life and the rural countryside cutting them off from the city was enough to make Roland feel almost... homesick. He missed his cosy cottage, which whilst it would be a crowd with seven holidays under his roof, he'd much rather make do and be there than in the Teresi mansion of all places. But, he couldn't deny that this place was certainly safer. Aside from the Deadly Sins not knowing where they were, his father had the bright idea to live out in the middle of nowhere. The nearest bus stop was quite a bit down the road and it was a long walk into the city. The isolation did mean that using magic to defend themselves was far less riskier.

The sooner this is over, the better... Roland couldn't help but think - He loved the holidays dearly, especially Alice, Ferris, Francis and Nina. They had truly helped him be far less uptight than he was, though he still wasn't particularly fond of being called a Jack-o-Lantern. He smiled somewhat at the memories as he made his way into the living room, but the smile quickly vanished - Celeste was still here, but where was Thanatos? His eyes fell onto a note pinned to the sofa next to where the Greek God was laying, still fast asleep, and he quickly skimmed over it.

'Taking care of something with two of the holidays, don't worry. I'll be back before you know it.' Roland frowned reading this. So Thanatos had run off somewhere with two of the other holidays. No doubt to do something reckless of their own accord, and the human sighed. It was just like old times, only the stakes were far higher and it wasn't the time for this. He tiptoed away from Celeste, leaving her to sleep - He'd wake her later when he brought everyone down - And approached the door that he knew Nina and Ferris were behind. If it was one thing he could count on, it was that those two would be too scared to go out and do anything stupid, especially considering what happened yesterday.

"Nina? Ferris? You in there?" He called, not wanting to barge on in.

Rj19790.jpg

"Mhhh..." Nina groaned, still half asleep as she heard the sounds of a familiar Jack-o-Lantern voice with a sharp knock to wake them up. It was so early... Definitely a Roland thing to do, waking them up at an early human hour. Nina yawned and leaned over to Ferris, who she had barely left the side of since arriving here - After all, Valentine's Day had attacked her, and there was no one she trusted more than the Spirit of Fools Day. "Ferris... Ferris..." She mumbled, shaking him lightly. "... Jack-o-Lantern's at the door... We need to get up..." Her voice was full of sleep and she'd love nothing more than to lie in a little before getting up, but another knock sounded.

"Nina? Ferris? Guys, if you're in there, it's urgent. Thanatos ran off," Roland delivered the news about the Greek God's disappearance, and suddenly, Nina was wide awake, as she bolted up out of bed and stood up. She brushed herself off, smoothing out her clothes and hair before approaching the door, opening it to see Jack-o-Lantern, who immediately breathed a sigh of relief. "Good, you're both here..."

"What do you mean 'here', Jack-o-Lantern? Of course we're here, it's too early to go anywhere..." Nina tilted her head slightly out of curiosity, though Roland shook his head.

"I'll explain in a moment - For now, you should just go to the living room and wake Celeste. I'm going to go wake up Layla, Alice and Tyree," With that, the human was gone, taking quick paces away as he began to search for the other holidays. Nina shivered - She had a bad feeling about all of this.

ZzwByg6.jpg

Layla was out for the count as soon as she had finally found it in her to sleep - The overworked spirit had gotten used to not getting as much rest as she would have liked, but spreading birthday cheer, her job, was of the utmost importance. So when she heard a sharp loud knock at the door, and a familiar voice snapping at them to wake up, she did it on queue, bolting up from the bed she was rested on. To her right, Tyree was still asleep, but Alice... Alice had gone. Birthday quickly began to panic - Had the sins attacked? Or had she run off somewhere? No, no... She had to think rationally... She probably just woke up early and went to get breakfast... But then again, Alice had a track record of recklessness. The pink-haired spirit had to force herself to calm down, as the anxiety began to hit. She pushed through it and leaned over to Tyree, shaking him till he woke.

"Tyree. Tyree. Tyree." She repeated his name in a panicked tone till he woke. "...Alice is gone. Did you see her leave?"
Chaos' Hideout

RYgTYHR.jpg

Aria allowed herself to smile slightly as Chaos placed his hand upon her shoulder gently. It was a simple act, but it meant a lot coming and she lightly placed her hand over his to acknowledge his gesture with one of her own. It was in rare moments like these that they could afford each other some kindness, when no one was looking in to see them so soft. But it couldn't last. Chaos suggested they call upon Wrath to take care of the three unknown spirits from the underworld. "That sounds like the best plan we could put him to use for - He's only good for killing, after all," She gave Chaos' hand a light squeeze before walking over to the nearby hole in the wall, reaching up to it and calling through it.

"Wrath, we're in need of your services finally - Please make your way over here," Aria's voice carried through the echoing empty cavern, sounding further away than it really was. It was a talent of hers, to make her melodic voice carry far away from where her physical form really was, and the tunnels of the caverns really helped with allowing her to utilise such methods to call people to them. The fox demon took her seat again by Chaos, waiting in silence before the footsteps were soon heard - Low and shuffling, like they were barely dragging themselves forward.

ddPum2A.jpg

"..." The Deadly Sin said nothing as he walked in, slow and lumbering as he felt his way along the cavern walls. His eyes, covered by tightly woven bandages to prevent sight, eventually stopped in front of where he sensed his Master and Lady, kneeling down and bowing his head. "...You wished to see me?" He asked, almost quietly so.

"That is correct. We have need of you to take off your blindfold finally," Aria commanded, folding her arms across her chest as she leaned back into her chair.

"...You know what happens if I do that, right? You know I can't be stopped then?" Wrath seemed almost hesitant, though his fingers played over the bandages, scratching at them as if he wanted to claw them off. But he knew better than that. He would have them confirm their orders first. "...You wish someone dead?"

The Human Realm: Streets of Essex University of Essex

0ViNkUB.jpg

Laura did her best to not laugh at Russel's attempt to be cool about a giant spider, though a low snrk could be heard as she bit her lip and held back a snorting giggle. Why, it was almost endearing how the blood rushed to his ears rather than his cheeks and how he looked so embarrassed. "Only twice in twenty four hours? Why, that's a new record for you," She let out a slight chuckle at his terrible joke over the amount of bicycle crashes, though it did nothing to ease her apprehension over actually being on the bicycle. Perhaps it was a bad idea to get on a roving vehicle with a driver who had a terrible track record. But as he reassured her, telling her to simply hold onto him tightly and to trust him, she felt... Strangely put at ease. She didn't know if it was his tone, his words or even just the intensity of the situation but there was something about Russel that caused her to calm down.

Of course that all went out the window as soon as he began to pedal. Laura couldn't help but let herself whimper somewhat and cling to the human tighter and bury her face in his back. Nope. Nope. Nooope... The Reaper's assistant did not enjoy this one bit, as they sped round a corner and down the street. This was worse than a boat ride across Tartarus. But she could handle that, she could handle this... Laura dared to raise her head instead of burying her face further away from the wind and blinked. It... wasn't so bad when you got used to it. The wind in her hair, the feeling of Adrenaline from moving so fast... She couldn't help but let out a small laugh. She hadn't felt so free, so alive in the longest time.

The fifteen minutes by bike were over so fast as Laura spotted the university in the distance, and there was a pang of sadness - She probably wouldn't have this much fun again for the longest time, since she would be going after a giant spider, and bringing Russel along would be a foolish idea. She clutched to the blonde male as they braked to a standstill, fearing falling off or crashing but thankfully, no such thing happened. "I... It wasn't as bad as I was expecting... You might even say I enjoyed it," Laura met Russel's gaze as she still clung to him, and for a moment, she simply smiled and locked eyes with him. But then she felt foolish, her cheeks tinging pink as she scrambled to let go, untangling herself and hopping off the bike. What she hadn't expected that the bike ride had taken all the feeling out of her legs and they quickly turned to jelly, causing her to stumble slightly.

"I-I... Walking... What is walking?" She let out an embarrassed laugh at her state before straightening out and standing upright. "I should be fine, though I could walk with you whilst you lock your bike up - After all, you have a class to get to, and I have an appointment to go to, but... We can still walk part of the way together," The suggestion to walk part of the way together was out before Laura could go back on her words, and she couldn't help but be slightly annoyed at herself for forgetting her mission here was to deal with a Deadly Sin and/or giant spider, not to make friends.

• Love

qoxsOka.jpg

Yeah, maybe getting stuck on earth two years ago wasn't so bad. Alice broke into a grin when Francis' blush betrayed his calm approach. Two years ago, Francis would have never gotten caught saying something as heartfelt as that - especially not to his fellow Holidays. They'd come a long way, Francis, Ferris, Nina, even her. Alice's toothy smile was indicator enough that she'd seen the emotions he was trying to hide. On any other day, she would have teased him mercilessly for it. Today, though, she just grinned and let it slide.

"Well," she changed the topic. "We should go home and act human then."

6wQ5x2X.jpg

Thanatos arched his eyebrows at both holidays. Something weird was happening. He couldn't tell what, but yeah... whatever. "Stop flirting." He snapped. "If we're going to have to pretend we're humans, we might as well get home as fast as we can. Watching this is making me sick."

"Shut up, Thanatos." It was Alice's turn to blush. She didn't think of Francis like that. He was a good guy and they'd been friends for awhile... she was comfortable with him and they had each other's backs and... had Thanatos just noticed something she had been missing for years? No, she denied the thought from going any further. "Stop dillydallying. Time to go home."

The Human Realm: Roland's House

PdA34D0.jpg

We need to get up.

What? What time was it. Ferris was still cocooned in one of the fluffy blankets when Roland began saying all sorts of things. Something about going down to the living room, but whatever he was saying sounded way too urgent to be a call to breakfast. "Nina?" He stifled a yawn and failed at trying to escape the tangle of sheets. "What does Roland want? He said to go downstairs?"

Ferris rolled a little too much to the left and ended up sprawled out on the bedroom floor. He'd yelped when hit the hardwood surface, but it did the trick and knocked the sleep right out of his system. Something bad was happening and it sounded like Thanatos and a few Holidays had disappeared last night. Ferris wasn't sure about anything yet, but he had a strong gut feeling that Alice had disappeared too.

He barely had time to gather his thoughts when Roland entered the room and told them to go ahead.

"O-Okay," Ferris answered as he held out his hand for Nina to hold. Things had been crazy lately, and Nina was the calm amid the storm. "We'll see you downstairs, Roland." Ferris waited for Nina to take his hand before they left the room hand-in-hand. "I have a bad feeling Alice left with him," Ferris admitted as they made their way downstairs.

In the living room, Celeste was still sleeping soundly. The note Thanatos had left was there for all to see too. The younger God of Death wasn't very subtle. "Celeste," he called out quietly. "Celeste, wake up." He left Nina's side for a moment to give the Greek Spirit a soft shake.

9WNDzzy.png

Tyree was snoring slightly when Layla woke him up. He was confused at first regarding just what was going on, but the disoriented feeling vanished when he remembered they had camped at Jasper's house to try and evade the sins. He bolted upright, expecting the worst. "Hey, hey, calm down for a sec, Layla." True to his friend's words, Halloween was gone. While alarming, it didn't really mean she'd ran off. "She could be with Ferris and Nina..."

Roland's voice on the other side of the door told him his idealistic version wasn't true.

"Aw, crap. We're coming, Roland!" Ty gave Birthday a serious nod. "Let's go. Sounds like things got busy while we were fast asleep."

Chaos' Hideout

T8TMCZn.jpg

The tender moment between them was fleeting, but Chaos held her hand firmly when she offered it. They were each other's beams of support, whether or not they chose to say it out load. Chaos could only hope that Aria knew how much little moments like this meant. He'd been awfully busy lately, what with the whole scheme to topple Balance's regime, but he meant it when he said he wanted to make a better world for her and the sins. The world Balance had made shunned the likes of them, and now, they finally had a chance to rectify all the wrong that had been done.

Wrath was called into the room and Chaos' demeanor went from soft to decisive. Once more, he was not just Chaos, he was the head of their movement to change the world - the general of his army of sins.

"Yes, Wrath. We've called you here for a very important mission. A few of Grim's lackeys have been getting in the way of our plans. We want them dealt with. You know them, right? Disruption, Joker, and the girl." Chaos' features were stoic. "The sooner they're out of the picture, the better. Pride, Greed, and Deceit are also on earth. If you see them milling around, be sure to scare them back into work, yes?"

The Human Realm: Essex University

FzN4wXC.png

"Whoa, nice and steady!" Russel nearly fell again when Laura stumbled. He managed to keep it together though, and after swinging his leg off of his bike, held onto the girl's shoulder to steady her. "I'm glad you enjoyed it then, and hey, we didn't crash this time."

The banter between them was easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Stop being such a dork, Russel - he chided himself internally when he realized her was starting to ramble in his head. He couldn't help it, the way Laura made such a fuss over a bike ride was cute. "Sure, sure, I'll walk you to the university then." He smiled. "You're funny, Laura." And then he caught himself moments after he said the words. Darn, there was a chance that might had come off as flirting. He wasn't though, just an honest observation from their strange run-ins with one another.

"Okay, this way." Russel nodded at her to follow him, but before they could even make it inside campus, they were stopped by a security guard. Russel paled when the man informed them that the giant spider was far from a hoax. If anything, it had even been on the local news. Essex University would be closing for a few days so the authorities could investigate properly. It was for their safety too the guard said.

"Well, Steve was telling the truth." Russel was obviously still somewhat shaken, but he held it in. "My class is cancelled and so is your appointments. Sucks that we came all the way here for nothing. Would you maybe want to grab something to eat before you go?" He cracked the smallest of smiles. "If you're willing to ride with me again, I can drop you off at your brother's place."

• Love

4SBRqdx.jpg

The way Alice grinned as she realised just how heartfelt and genuine he was being, it made the spirit of unluckiness feel a strange nervousness throughout his body. Like butterflies fluttering in his stomach, lightly sending goosebumps across his skin. The feeling was abnormal, but not unwelcome, though he bottled it all the same. Now wasn't the time to concern himself with wondering what that was about. They had to go back to the others and re-iterate what the Reaper had told them, and he had to plan how best to calm them down. Ferris would panic about being trapped here, Nina would be scared and--

"Stop flirting. If we're going to have to pretend we're humans, we might as well get home as fast as we can. Watching this is making me sick."

Thanatos' words rang in the air, and Francis glanced at the Lesser God of Death out of sheer surprise than anything. The butterfly fluttering got even stronger, and redness hit the usually pale-faced spirit's cheeks as he looked away in a hurry.

"F-Flirting?" He asked, almost choking out the word - His throat had gotten almost unusually dry and he coughed to clear it. "I have no idea what you mean, I..." The usually stoic spirit had gone from slightly reserved shyness to fully shaken and embarrassed. Had he been flirting? That wasn't possible. Alice was a friend. A good friend. A close friend. Nothing more, why would there be more to it? He'd never loved anyone except for Valentine's Day, and look how that turned out - With a curse that made hiding his emotions more difficult than ever, that's what. As if on cue, his irises faded into a light pink, and he quickly turned away and walked ahead of the two, hoping and praying that Thanatos wasn't smart enough to catch on.

QnFng3x.jpg

"...Huh...?" Celeste had been fast asleep, sat on the floor with her back propped up against the sofa and her head slightly leaning on a cushion. A voice she wasn't familiar with spoke her name and asked her to wake. Olive green eyes flickered open, and a sleepy yawn escaped the demigod's lips. She blinked once, then twice so the world would come into focus and she saw... Ferris? Not who she was expecting, certainly. "Uhh... April Fools, right?" She hadn't been around as long as someone like Thanatos so she wasn't quite as knowledgeable as everyone else. Well if this was April Fools, then surely the brunette behind him was Shrove Tuesday - Wherever he went, she did too, and vice versa. She couldn't help but be a little envious of what they had, but right now, this wasn't the time. Her gaze went to where Thanatos was. Or rather, where he should be. All that was there was an empty couch.

"...Oh that fucker ran off..." The demigod's statement was followed by an assortment of colourful Greek profanities hissed under her breath. She ripped the note off the furniture in front of her. Pink crayon. How very fetching, Thanatos... She made a mental note to ask him if it was his favourite colour. "Bastard... Runs off and doesn't even offer me the couch..." She grumbled before standing upright, stretching and glancing at the two holidays. Oh. Right. She wasn't alone. The brunette Greek demigod coughed lightly. "Sorry. Not exactly high on the priority list. So he ran off. Big surprise, right? You all should of seen it coming," Celeste shrugged as she sat on the couch, making herself comfortable.

Rj19790.jpg

"S-So... He didn't wake you at all before leaving...?" Nina tilted her head somewhat in confusion as she stared at the note in Celeste's hands. If it was anything to go by, Thanatos had run off with two of the other holidays. It surprised her more than he didn't think to tell the other Greek God - Weren't they close friends? "But... He went off with two holidays... I really doubt Birthday went, and Tyree... Well he... Um..." Nina never expected everyone to get along, but ever since arriving here, there had been friction between Thanatos and Tyree. They were lucky to be separated for a while, but with the sins out to get them, they couldn't avoid it anymore. Those two were certain to clash at some point.

"Tyree? ...Oh right. Independence Day. Yeah, can't see Thanatos being that desperate that he'd work with him. And vice versa," Despite her friend's rough attitude towards the Holidays, Celeste held no ill-will towards them. On the contrary, they spread holiday cheer to the humans of the world and it was the little things that helped keep things moving as they should. This didn't stop Nina from being somewhat wary of asking the demigod's opinion on the situation.

"...That leaves Francis, Alice and Valentine's Day... I can see Alice running off, but Francis said he'd watch Valentine's Day...Right?" A feeling of dread hit the kind spirit as she sat down. "...And I can't see Alice helping Valentine's leave, so F-Francis.... Did Francis leave too?" She asked, really hoping she was wrong.

ZzwByg6.jpg

Even as Tyree tried to reassure her, Layla knew that she couldn't have just left to go get breakfast. Alice was reckless and prone to doing, not thinking, and Birthday couldn't help but be anxious. Nothing good would come of this, given the situation they were in, it couldn't be so simple. It never was. Of course, Roland's voice through the door more or less confirmed her suspicions, as she feared.

n0BIBFb.jpg

"Alice? Layla? Tyree? You in there? If you are, you have to get up and come to the living room now - Thanatos ran off," The blonde's words sent a shiver down Birthday's spine. She quickly jumped off the bed and smoothed down her dress. Tyree called out to Roland to announce they were on their way, and gave a decisive nod in her direction. Layla gave one in return before going to the door and opening it to meet the gaze of the human who was so generously letting them stay with him and his family till they were safe.

"Alice isn't here. She must have gone with him,"

"Oh what a surprise," Grumbled Roland. He really wasn't the sarcastic type, but of course Alice was one of the two holidays that ran off. But that meant that the other holiday who ran off was-- "...Oh shit."

"Roland. We know the situation is bad, but we're not mind-readers - What have you realised?" Birthday's eyes narrowed as she crossed her arms and waited to hear yet more bad news.

"...If Alice left, then there's not a doubt in my mind. Francis is with her,"

"But Francis promised to watch Valentine's Day and he was very against doing anything reckless!"

"Yeah but the note Thanatos left for Celeste to read said two holidays were with him and if you guys are here and Nina and Ferris are downstairs, then--" Birthday put the pieces together quicker than he could say them and sprinted off down the hall to Valentine's Room. She tried to force the door open, the lock remaining firmly in place.

"Valentine's Day! Valentine! Lilith!" Birthday called, hoping she was wrong. God how she hoped she was wrong. She tried to push open the door again, but it just wouldn't budge. "Tyree, help me get this door open. She locked it from the inside,"

Chaos' Hideout

RYgTYHR.jpg

As quickly as the kind supportive Chaos had arrived, he vanished as Wrath entered the cavern. Aria's smile vanished too, as she leaned back in her chair and watched the sin carefully and listening to Chaos give the order. She simply remained silent, and the only sounds around them was the slight echo of water dripping somewhere in the cavern. It seemed as though Wrath was taking time to even consider Chaos' request. A stupid thing to do - There was only one answer, after all.

ddPum2A.jpg

"...I'll do it. On one condition. You're making me kill a human. A human girl," Wrath's voice had an edge to it that almost sounded soft. Far different from the raging killer that was beneath the blindfold. Only now, with his senses muted could he be calm and rational.

"She's not that human anymore. She's dead. She's been training under Hades ever since the Reaper started working overtime. She's practiced in magic and swordplay. She's a problem," Aria's voice was icy and filled with warning as she stared at the sin before her and Chaos.

"...Nevertheless, she was human, and I don't ordinarily kill humans. Torment and torture them, sure, but kill..."

"What would you ask of us then? Leave her to run around and mess up our plans?" Aria's patience was wearing thin.

"...You free Envy from wherever Balance locked him away," Wrath's voice was calm as he looked up - Sure, he couldn't see, but he could sense the great power coming from Chaos and Aria and where they were in the room. "You do that, and I'll kill any human you want. I'll even fight the Reaper if he's drawn out from me killing his new assistant. But until you free Envy, I don't want to," Wrath let out a sigh as he stood up and felt for the wall.
"...Besides, Envy would be very grateful if you got him out of that prison. He'd be very loyal. I'll let you think about it," And the sin left, taking slow lumbering steps as he felt his way out of the cavern, leaving Aria and Chaos alone.

"...He's not wrong. We do need to free Envy..." The fox demon glanced at her friend, her confidant with a soft, saddened gaze. "He never made it out when we had to flee Harmony. We do have him to thank for poisoning Balance in the first place. It made him susceptible to falling so weak, so ill..." Aria was doing her best to not be biased. She knew that the sin's life was not their priority, but... If they could free Envy, it would make their plans so much easier... "The decision is up to you, my friend. Know that I'll follow you, whatever you choose,"

The Human Realm: Essex University

0ViNkUB.jpg

"Oh, I'm the funny one?" Laura couldn't help but laugh at him blurting out his own personal thoughts by mistake. "Strange, those were my thoughts about you," Sensing how embarrassed he was, she chose to be open as well. If it could put him at ease and get him to believe she was an open book, he'd be less likely to think she was a liar. And as he nodded at her to follow, she did, staying by his side, right up until the campus security guard stopped them. Russel asked questions and the guard answered that the spider wasn't a hoax and the university would be shut for a few days whilst the authorities checked things out. A cold chill ran down Laura's spine and the smile on her lips faded - She should have known that the spider being on the news would lead to officials checking the place out just in case. There was no way it would be written off as a stupid prank. And if she were to fight past this guard, she'd be drawing too much attention to herself.

"Would you maybe want to grab something to eat before you go?" Russel's voice snapped her out of her thoughts of how to get past the guard, and she realised she'd been lead back over by Russel, walking on auto-pilot as she became distant. However, as much as she wanted to insist she should go see if her appointment had really been cancelled, to try get into the campus one way or another, the unexpected happened. A low growl from her stomach at the prospect of food.

"Uhhh... I'd answer, but my stomach answered for me," The blonde let out a soft laugh and smiled, though there was still a slight part of her wanting to linger. "Is there anywhere close by? Excuse me for being cynical but I really have to doubt the existence of a giant spider, especially in Essex of all places. And then we can swing by to my brother's place, providing we're not pushing your luck with the bike..." Laura couldn't help but tease Russel - In the time she'd known him, he'd crashed twice and nearly fallen off just moments ago when she had stumbled. "I mean, are you sure it's safe? I have a feeling if we crash into Ash, he'll never trust bikes again,"

Last edited:
  • Love
Human Realm: The Streets of Essex

6wQ5x2X.jpg

qoxsOka.jpg

Thanatos broke into his signature shit-eating grin. One thing the lesser God of Death was good at was pissing people off, and judging by the way both Holidays seemed to bristle at the comment, he was apparently doing a great job. His laugh as low and mocking. He'd only been messing, but the two were merely giving him more material to work with. "Ah, so that's how it is huh? I knew something was up - ow!"

Alice, who'd been trying to ignore Thanatos since the beginning, finally smacked the back of his head with her open palm.

Thanatos merely grinned wider.

"He's just messing around, Francis. Let's go home."

"Of course I am." Another smile, this time directed at the gloomy gale. "Just keep telling yourselves that."

PdA34D0.jpg

Nina and Celeste began exchanging opinions on who'd left and who'd chosen to stay. There wasn't an official answer yet - at least not until Roland went to call the others and they all reconvened in the living room - but Ferris knew it deep in his bones. Alice had left them. If she hadn't, she would have been yelling loudly about the Holiday who left and failed to "invite" her to the excitement. They'd been friends long enough for him to know what made Halloween tick. Francis was more sensible than Alice, but he had a feeling Friday the 13th had gone with her. Francis was Francis like that, he had to be a big brother and follow them whenever he thought there was danger.

"Alice left," Ferris added to their discussion. "Francis went with her, I'm sure of it."

But then, did Valentines just suddenly decide to tag along. April Fool's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "I guess Valentines wanted to join them?" It was the easiest answer, but also very unlikely considering her history with Francis. "I'm not sure—"

Ferris was cut off by the loud voices coming from upstairs.

"Oh..." His expression darkened. If anything his expression was that of a child's who'd realized Santa Clause didn't exist. "I guess she escaped."

9WNDzzy.png

The puzzle pieces were starting to fall into place. Alice had ran off with Thanatos, Francis had probably left to try and stop them? And Valentines day - crazy as always - decided to just run away on her own? The first part made sense, the second part of their theory... not so much. Valentines acting out wasn't that surprising, but with the deadly sins hanging around, he didn't understand why she'd even want to run off alone.

"Some people really need to work on their communication and teamwork skills," Tyree complained through gritted teeth.

He acted swiftly and decisively, and when Birthday ran to Valentine's door and asked him to open it. He ran after her and motioned for her and Roland to move aside. "I've got it." He pulled down the goggles that rested on his head and raised his leg so the sole of his foot would be resting slightly below the doorknob. Tyree pulled leg back and kicked as hard as he could.

The door swung open. The force was strong enough that the back of the doorknob smacked into the wall.

Tyree grimaced. "Sorry 'bout the damage Roland."

What awaited them wasn't anything surprising. The room was empty and Valentines day was gone.

"Crap," Tyree's shoulders sagged. "What are we gonna do, Roland? We can't just leave them out there. Balance is sick enough already."

From downstairs, Ferris' worried voice called out.

"Guys? We heard a slam? What's happening up there?"

Chaos' Hideout

T8TMCZn.jpg

Leave it to Wrath to try and set his own terms. Annoying at times, but Chaos respected his loyalty and work ethic. He listened to the Sin speak, smiling slightly when the terms were finally put out in the open. Free Envy. Of course he was planning to free Envy. They needed all the Sins present and accounted for. Heck, he was planning to free all the sins when the time was finally right.

Aria looked to him and waited for a response. Chaos nodded calmly before his gaze flitted to Wrath once more.

"Actually, we're not planning to stop there. We need more than just Envy after all, when the time is right, we'll be freeing Gluttony, Pride, Lust, Sloth - it'll be a family reunion." Chaos wanted to bide his time just a bit more, but with The Reaper's assistants and the Holidays running amok, sooner would probably be better. "Aria and I will pick him up later. Harmony should be too busy to notice. Some commotion happened in the human world too - probably the holidays. It should keep Grim preoccupied."

Another pause. He didn't want Wrath wasting time while Envy was in prison.

"We've given you our word, Wrath. We'll free Envy. I need you to do your part as soon as you can though. If Laura or some assistant gets in our way, we might not be able to free Envy, yes? Also I've never lied to you, why would I start now. So yes, I believe we have a deal?"

Human Realm: The Streets of Essex

FzN4wXC.png

"Hah," Russel laughed when Laura's stomach let out a low rumble. "I know just the place. There's a cafe nearby called the Espresso Express. Good coffee, great pasta. Best lava cake in town." He was talking excitedly, almost like a tourist guide who was about to show a group around town. "You and me both, I thought Steve was joking at first, but I guess it must be true."

Pushing his bike down the sidewalk he turned to Laura and frowned. "Must be a weird new species or something. I don't know, global warming?" Yeah, no. That sounded stupid. Dropping all talk of giant arachnids, he gave her a genuine smile at the bike comment. "I got you here in one piece, didn't I? I've already used up my crash quota for the month, it should be smooth sailing for now." Banter was easy with Laura, and Russel found himself genuinely curious about why she was in Essex. "Soooo, what's your story Laura?"

• Love
The Human Realm: Streets of Essex Jasper's House

4SBRqdx.jpg

"A-Actually, yes, we will..." Francis was aware of how his words were coming across, as he stuttered and blushed even more furiously. It was clear the Lesser God of Death was clearly pushing their buttons, now that he had found something that was getting under their skin. But why was it? The butterflies fluttering within his stomach hadn't ceased, and the fact that Thanatos, of all people, was making fun of him... It made him feel worse. He coughed lightly, trying to compose himself. "After all, what would you know about flirting and relationships? You don't strike me as an expert," Whilst his words were shaky and maybe a little bit more biting than usual, Francis knew it wouldn't be enough to ever live down this. So he proceeded to move on, taking out the spare keys to the Teresi mansion and opening the door. He hoped everyone else was still fast asleep... Or at least tired enough that they could slip in, undetected.

ZzwByg6.jpg

Once Tyree busted down the door, Layla took a step closer to peek in. Unsurprisingly, the Spirit of Love had long since gone, leaving no trace she'd even slept in the guest room. Birthday cursed lowly under her breath, before realising she was still around Tyree and Roland, at which point she quickly coughed to clear her throat before speaking.

"...You're right, Tyree. If she went out, she could have quite easily gotten out numbered by the Deadly Sins..." The pinkette murmured, staring at the empty room for a moment before she heard the voice of April Fools, clearly concerned at the sound of the door being broken open. "We should go downstairs and let them know," She nodded at Independence Day and the Human before taking the lead back to the living room, where the other three were waiting. Ferris looked nervous, Nina was clutching to him and Celeste was sat on the couch looking slightly curiously at everyone for answers.

"...As you can probably guess, we've got bad news. Valentine's Day has run off on her own," Birthday explained, folding her arms and sighing. It would certainly make their lives easier if everyone chose to stick to one plan. "Not only that, but it looks like Thanatos and two holidays ran off... I needn't say who... Given that they aren't here. Do we have any idea where those three might have gotten to--" Her question was cut off, at the sound of the front door rattling open, and the female spirit was on guard.

4SBRqdx.jpg

Friday walked in, quietly shutting the door after Alice and Thanatos, though as they went to turn into the living room, all eyes were on them. Whatever embarrassment Francis had from the Greek God's teasing quickly vanished as his eyes faded into a deep blue hue and he stood on guard. It wasn't a good sign that everyone was awake so early. He gulped a little and looked away to the ground. He knew he'd definitely betrayed the other's trust in him.

"... So, where were you three, hmm?" Birthday's voice cut through the silence as she crossed her arms and looked at the two holidays and the Greek God. "I take it you went off to try your plan of doing something reckless to get the Reaper's attention?"

"...Yes. I overheard Alice and Thanatos discussing that plan and decided it better to go along to keep them safe. You know how Coffyn is..." Francis explained the situation truthfully to his fellow companions, instead of covering like he did in front of Death. As Birthday let out a sigh, Friday quickly continued. "Layla, listen, it didn't go badly... Coffyn showed up almost immediately and heard us out, and nothing bad happened... It's all okay... Balance isn't worse for wear and the Reaper knows of our situation..."

n0BIBFb.jpg

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think you're underestimating that whole 'all being okay' thing," Roland muttered. He'd been flipping through his phone to check for any signs of catastrophe from overnight, and he had already found several local news stories. "For one thing, a giant spider? Whilst it's certainly not super magical so kudos, Alice, for actually picking something relatively normal, spiders aren't the size of a motorcycle. And it's being reported on news sites. Hell, there's even some pictures..."

"Pictures? Uh oh..." Celeste couldn't help but chuckle slightly. "Man, you're lucky the Reaper doesn't know there's pictures of it out there yet. If he knew... Wham, Bam, Straight to the Box!" The brunette covered mouth to stifle her giggles. "Sorry. Inappropriate, I know. Carry on," The Demigod looked slightly embarrassed as she tucked a wavy lock of her hair behind her ear and listened.

"Well not only did your little prank make the news sites, we've got a bigger issue. Valentine's Day is gone," Layla looked towards Francis, no outward emotion in her eyes, only a tired gaze. "... If she didn't go with you, she's gone off by herself. And if she's not back by now, she's either lost or the sins got to her,"

"..." Francis looked positively worse for wear, paling at the fact that Lilith ran off when he was supposed to be watching her. "I... I'm sorry. I should have just stayed put. I should have just stayed..." He looked distraught, and even Birthday couldn't help but ease up a little as she sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"...Naturally, we can't just leave her alone. We're going to have to split up and find her,"

QnFng3x.jpg

"Oh can we finally go outside?" Celeste asked, practically lighting up. It had been a long time since she'd visited the human world and a chance to roam around without the scrutiny of other Greek Gods would be a blessing.

"Yes, but I'm changing up the pairs. I'm sorry, but you guys broke the trust we were supposed to have. I even compromised and said we'd do your plan if books wouldn't help, but if you won't meet me half way, I won't do the same for you," Layla knew there would be protests, at the very least from Thanatos.

"...I'll stay here. If Valentine's does some how make her way back here, someone needs to be around to be here, and... I understand you can't trust me to go out searching for her..." Francis, surprisingly made the suggestion to stay at the mansion, and he took a seat on the couch, falling silent.

"...Then - Ferris and Nina will stick together, as previously suggested. Francis will stay here. Tyree, instead of working with me, you'll team up with Celeste. You've had the least experience in the human world and she's a Demigod so she's had experience visiting the human world," Birthday pointed towards the blonde holiday in question, and then the Greek Demigod.

"Sweet, go team!" Celeste grinned and patted Independence day on the shoulder. Clearly, the female Greek God held less issue with being around holidays than her friend.

"That leaves me with you, Thanatos," Layla was less than pleased with this outcome - She knew the Lesser God of Death and herself were complete opposites, and ever since she had to pry him off Tyree when the latter started a fight, the others had used her besting Thanatos as a way of mockery towards the Greek God, something which he no doubt held against her. "Alice, you created the Giant Spider, correct? It's probably best for you to lay low. You used magic during this time of crisis and it's like painting a target on your back. If Coffyn does see that the Giant Spider was photographed, I really doubt he'd let it go. So I'd suggest staying here. If that's all fine, then we should probably head out," The pinkette turned to Roland. "Will you drive us into the main part of town? We can get dropped off at different ends of town and start our searches,"

"Sure, I can do that. But I won't be able to pick you all up right away. I've got work at the University to do. I may have been called in about someone's giant spider." Roland went to the front door, opening it and gesturing for the holidays and Thanatos to walk out towards his van. "So I'll give you all a bit of money so you can get the bus back to the University. If you aren't allowed on Campus, then just wait by the entrance,"

Chaos' Hideout

ddPum2A.jpg

Wrath stopped in his tracks, just by the entrance. He turned his head and looked in the general direction of Chaos as he agreed to free Envy, giving the sin his word. The blindfolded man seemed to consider it, scratching at the bandages as he mulled it over, weighing his options. It was true, Chaos was a man of his word, especially where Demons and Deadly Sins were concerned. He considered the low percent chance though that the Master would go back on his word. Then Envy would be trapped and Wrath would have killed a soul. He would be condemned forever - Harmony, Hades, The Reaper, Balance... They'd make sure that he too, would never see the light of day again and no one would be around to help Envy then.

"..." The sin approached and knelt before Chaos, bowing his head politely. "We have a deal. I'll take those three out. And any who get in my way..." A wide and unsettling grin found it's place on Wrath's face as he began to remove the blindfold. And once the ragged piece of cloth fell, murky yellow eyes fixated on his Master and Mistress. "There'll be nothing left of them when I'm done! I'll cut them to pieces! I'll make them realise they were fools to even oppose us, and they'll beg for mercy before they die. Tartarus and The Underworld will regret they sent those weaklings to their deaths and will lose all hope!" The green-haired sin felt the rage and blood lust take over, now that he had dropped his mask. He chuckled and weaved his own portal, letting himself loose to go find those three meddlesome servants. And when he found them... He wasn't going to let them go so easily.

RYgTYHR.jpg

"Well, he was quite easy to convince... Then again, you're far more trustworthy than lying snakes like Balance and Harmony," Aria couldn't help but chuckle and give a bittersweet smile - After all, it was true that Chaos had always upheld his side of the bargain, at least where she and the Sins were concerned. And now that they were alone, she could breathe a little easier, relax a little more as she leaned her head against the shoulder of Chaos and sighed in relief. The Sins were gone, off to do the work they needed to do, so she could afford to finally let the cold facade finally drop. She draped her nine-tails into her laps, smoothing the black and white fur down and just simply enjoying the peaceful moment for it was, as short as it would be.

"...We should go free Envy then, whilst the Sins all have things to do. After all, we want to be back here before they get back - They'd be helpless if we weren't there for them," Reluctantly, Aria pulled away from Chaos, and began to make the preparations for heading deep into the center of the world - No doubt that's where Harmony had locked up Envy and the other precious Sins. In a dark labyrinth where the worlds were linked, albeit in confusing and contradicting ways. And even if she would rather cherish the little alone time she had to spend with her closest friend, the lives of the Sins were more important to her - They were like the children she never had, and she cared for each of them, flaws and all.

0ViNkUB.jpg

Glad that the blonde had dropped the subject of the spider entirely, Laura gave him a smile. "It's a little early for Pasta and Lava Cake though, but I will take your word for it. It's been a long time since I went out to eat..." She then couldn't help but grin at the bike comment. "I don't think you should even have a crash quota to begin with. That sounds like a health and safety violation to me. But I'll trust you when you say it will be smooth sailing. On your bike. Not a boat," The Reaper's assistant couldn't help but feel a sense of ease talking with Russel. The gentle teasing, the back and forth, it was almost... natural, how she could just be herself. It'd been a long time she'd been able to be that way. And then he asked her what her story was. If she had a heartbeat, it would have skipped out of sheer panic. But... She felt a little bit awful lying to Russel so much. Perhaps she could tell him the truth?

"...Well... It's not a really interesting story. This is my hometown. My family has lived her for a long while, for a few generations now. I was quite sickly so I was sheltered, but I chose to leave home and grow up a little. It's not been easy. I met Ash and Ember along the way, and they were like me, sheltered too only they've yet to learn a lot about the world. I wanted to come back here, get into the university here, study literature and maybe reunite with my family, if I ever have the courage to. But well... A supposed giant spider is in the campus, I haven't a home to go back to and I don't really feel like begging for my father to take me back in. It's not exactly going according to plan," It wasn't exactly a lie - This was her hometown. She had been sickly. It was all true, just minus the more spiritual side of the story. The blonde girl gave a shrug as she walked beside Russel, following him to where-ever this delicious cafe was.

"It's a bit of a downer, but... I don't know, I guess I just felt like telling you. You've been nice to me so far so I figured you deserved to know," Laura gave a smile. "And don't think I've forgotten that'd let you look at some of my old books. I've got them right here," Laura patted the messenger bag at her side. "I'll show you whilst we're in the cafe. Kind of hard to walk, read, show and talk at the same time, you know?" The reaper's assistant gave a playful giggle before meeting Russel's gaze. "You heard my story, what's yours?"

The Human Realm: Jasper's House Roland's Van

Yikes, everyone was awake - and to make matters worse - they all looked pissed.

Thanatos, bombastic idiot that we was, gave the angry holidays a nonchalant wave. "Oh, come on. Don't look at us like that. No one died or anything, and we're back in one piece. Honestly, you all look like you've seen a ghost or something." The lesser God of Death was completely oblivious to the tension in the air, and if anything, wore his ignorance out for everyone to see. "What? Why are you all staring like that?"

Alice, while reckless in her own right, knew that something wasn't right. She didn't understand right away, but there was tension in the air. "We had to do something Birthday," Alice insisted. "We couldn't just sit around doing nothing. I'm sure you understand that, and anyway, Francis is right." They'd failed, but Alice was still determined to defend their decision. "Nothing bad happened to us. We told Grim about the sins. If anything, we're in a better position now than before because we took action."

She truly believed that, she really did. At least, until Roland told them Valentines had vanished into thin air.

"What?" Alice was dumbfounded, and all the bravado and courage she carried herself with seemed to melt away at the snap of a finger. She didn't particularly like Valentines, but she didn't want the Holiday to be carted off and murdered by one of the sins either. "She's... she's probably just wandering off somewhere like us. Lilith's... she's not stupid."

Roland's scolding went in one ear and out the other, the only thing that really stuck was that Valentines had disappeared - that the fact that she hadn't returned probably meant the sins had already found her and dragged her away.

A certain somber air fell over the living room, until Birthday finally took the reigns and tried to salvage what was left of their positivity and team spirit. She commanded the room with her words, quickly breaking up their ragtag group into smaller pairs of two.

Everything went without a hitch, until Thanatos finally heard his named.

He arched an eyebrow up at Birthday before his signature sneer adorned his face. "Can't say I'm too happy 'bout this." He was clear to flaunt his disdain, but after what had happened, didn't put up a fight. "I guess I'll catch you later, Celeste."

Tyree cave Thanatos the evil eye, as if to say: 'don't you dare mess with birthday' before finally turning to look at his own partner. Celeste seemed okay. She was friends with Thanatos, but so far, wasn't exhibiting the same obnoxious personality. He gave her a friendly though reserved nod.

Ferris let out a sigh of relief and held Nina's hand tighter. "That sounds like a great plan, Birthday. I'm sure we'll find her. Francis, Alice," he gave his friends a reassuring smile. He was just happy they were back safe and sound. "Just sit tight, kay? We won't be out long." And with that he and everyone else followed Roland out the door. The living room was suddenly empty again.

They'd messed up. Or at the very least, she and Thanatos had messed up and had gotten Francis dragged into the chaos of it all. Alice stood still as a statue in the living room as the Holidays and Greek Gods left the house and walked to Roland's van. In a way, Valentines was gone because of their decision and now Francis was hurting.

Slowly, she made her way to the Holiday slumped in his chair. Alice brought a tentative, almost hesitant hand to his shoulder and gave it a soft squeeze. Francis wasn't exactly affectionate - and neither was she - but she wanted to comfort him a little.

"Hey, she'll be find." What did one say in situations like this? "Valentines is tough as hell, Francis. She messed up Greed real good, remember? Any Sin that finds her will be lucky to run away in one piece." Alice didn't 100% believe her words, but she hoped it would help. "The others will find her, she'll be back here cussing us out in no time."

Chaos' Realm

Of course he kept his promises, Aria and the Sins were all he had. They were... family. Chaos frowned at how sappy the sentiment sounded but it was true. He wrapped an arm around Aria's shoulders, his fingers brushing against her tenderly. It was a rare display of affection, but Chaos allowed himself to enjoy the momentary display of warmth between them. They had plenty of work to do and moments like these would be even rarer to come by in the future before them.

"Aria," his voice was gravelly and heavy with emotions he didn't want to show. "Thank you, for everything. Once Balance is gone, everything we've sacrificed for will be worth it." He allowed the words to sink in then nodded when she suggested they go free Envy.

"Wise as always." He stood up after she pulled away. "Let's go and give Balance a run for his money."

A purple vortex swirled to life in front of them and Chaos smiled gleefully. Balance and Harmony were in for a big surprise.

The Human Realm: The Streets of Essex → Espresso Express

Russel was an attentive listener, and he nodded along as Laura shared her story with him. "Hmm, sounds like you've been through a lot these past years." He smiled, bright and sunny like the rest of his demeanor. "Must have taken a lot of courage to move out and y'know, carve a path for yourself and whatnot. Sounds like it did you a lot of good though, you even made two friends along the way." He didn't pry, merely responded to whatever information she'd given him - it did wonders to shed off the mysterious coat she'd donned when he first crashed (literally) into her and her friends. "I'm sure Ash and Ember - with your help - will pick up the basics in no time. They'll be fine, we all find our way eventually."

He lit up a little when she mentioned becoming a literature student at the university, and the excitement he tried to keep under wraps, shone clearly in his eyes when she added in mention of the books she'd promised to show him.

"Hah, I'm excited." He really was. "Also, lit student, huh? Guess it's my lucky day today, we'll be seeing each other around quite a bit." Russel took a turn down a small alley and nodded to the sign that read 'Espresso Express.' It was a small hole-in-the-wall of a cafe, it had a cozy feel to it, one that screamed freshly brewed coffee and spaghetti like mom used to make.

"I'm a pretty normal guy." He answered. "2nd year lit student at Essex Uni, minoring in some history. All very boring." A joke of course, he loved what he did, but it didn't exactly make him popular with the rest of the college crowd. "I lived at Kingston most of my life, moved here a year and a half ago for uni. Now I'm living with my grump of a friend Steve. All very exciting stuff as you can see, andddd we're here." He parked his bike outside the door before cutting in front of Laura - in a clumsy rush - to open the door for her.

Inside was nice, there was the smell of coffee and the sleek tables. The place was mostly empty, aside from the one guy who was ignoring his sandwich and fiddling with his laptop in a corner.

"Lucky us," Russel said. "We won't have to wait too long for our order, after you."

• Love
The Human Realm: Roland's Van

MzbTr88.jpg

"Sure, because I'm thrilled to be hanging out with someone as morose and difficult like you," Layla muttered, as she gently nudged the male towards the van before climbing in herself. "But if I pair you off with Celeste, you'll goof off. If I put you with Nina or Ferris, you'll scare them too much," As if proving her point, the brunette in question hid behind Ferris. "You see?" Layla gestured in the general direction of the two colourful holidays before crossing her arms. "And well, we all know how well you and Tyree get along. The two of you are more liable to start a fight and attract attention than actually help in finding Valentine's Day," The pink haired spirit made it a point to not mention their previous fight. Better to not stir the pot, as it were.

eqBc7Ob.jpg

Meanwhile, as the holidays got into the back of his van, Roland slipped into the driver's seat, taking a moment to just process everything that had happened. Valentines was missing. Thanatos and Alice had run off. And Francis had gone to try stop them from being so reckless. It was almost expected, at this point, that whenever the holidays showed up, trouble followed. And whilst they were his friends, friends he cared for dearly, they were almost exhausting with their antics. Flour everywhere, paint everywhere, running off to cause reckless pranks, pissing off the Grim Reaper... There were too many instances to count but those were just some of moments that came back to him. However, he snapped out of it, hearing the backdoor of the van slam shut by presumably the last holiday or god to get in. He turned the key, booting up the engine before pulling out of the driveway and onto the lone stretch of road into the main town.

"Roland. Where would you recommend we look?" Layla asked, turning her head towards the blonde.

"Uh well... You're splitting up into three teams, so I can drop you all off in different parts of town. I'll do a drive around the campus area, see if I spot anything out of the ordinary... Alice's little prank has made going to work impossible," A part of him couldn't help but chuckle dryly - Alice's actions had been reckless and caused a lot of trouble, but he was given a much needed few days off from work because of the so called 'Giant Spider'. In a way, he was grateful. "Best spot to look around near here is the library - The University Campus has it's own of course but there's a library on this side too, as well as a farmer's market today. It's quite popular so there's a likely chance the Deadly Sins might be doing something disruptive around there. Or Valentine's is looking around at stuff being set up,"

EKleKhc.jpg

"Close you say? I call dibs," Celeste grinned at Roland's words. The sooner she and her teammate were out this stuffy old van, the better. It was nearer after all. Layla thought about it for a moment for a while before nodding in agreement.

"Yes, that sounds like a good plan. If it's close to here, then if something were to go wrong back at Jasper's house, you two would be able to make it back to keep things under control," Layla nodded as Roland pulled over, and the green-eyed demigod stood.

"You got it! Me and Tyree will scout the area! I got my mobile!" Celeste gave a cheeky grin and a wink as she pulled out a emerald-green smartphone from her pocket. "My papa was against it at first but I convinced him and he conceded, on the condition I had everyone spirit's number in case of emergencies. I should have yours on here too," The Demigod's sharp grin grew wider before she flipped the phone back into her pocket and jumped out the back, shutting the door behind Tyree once he was out. And as the group drove away, Celeste glanced to Independence Day, giving him a smile.

"So? Shall we start looking for Lady Love?" She asked, clearly ready to start on their mission.

MzbTr88.jpg

"Where else do you suggest we look, Roland? This is your home after all, so you must know where we should look," Birthday asked, glancing at the remaining holidays and Thanatos. She knew that it was a risk to let Nina and Ferris wander around alone but she was sure she could trust those two more than she trusted Thanatos or Alice right now. And she knew that if Celeste was even a fraction like her reckless companion, Tyree would keep her in line - He was good enough to do that.

eqBc7Ob.jpg

"Uh let's see... So there's a large living area over this side of town..." Roland turned down a bumpy street, looking out the window. "There's a lot of gardens, community centres and alleys and housing complexes, it's like a maze. You'd get lost pretty easily here if you don't have a good head on you," Roland took a glance in the mirror at the four in the back of his van, his green eyes narrowing. He really hoped that Nina and Ferris wouldn't volunteer themselves.

"...Very well, we'll be getting out here then," Layla stood as they reached the end of the road, nudging Thanatos with her arm gently to do the same. She dropped out the back van, though she approached the driver's window, tapping till the blonde rolled down his window, at which point he gave Birthday a confused look as she held out a silvery smartphone. "...Give me your number so we can contact you if there's an issue," She gave her explanation, and the young man nodded, putting in his number for her and handing it back over.

"Gotcha. Stay safe, Layla, " Roland nodded before driving off down the road once he heard the van doors shut behind Thanatos. Layla watched him in silence before pocketing her phone and looking to Thanatos.

"We best get started. Lilith could be in this area but lost. Or worse, the Deadly Sins are lurking around here," The pink haired girl gave Thanatos a nod before she headed off down one of the nearby streets, matching her pace to the Lesser God of Death's walking speed. Time was of the essence, but to split up would be writing a death sentence for either of them, should they be ambushed.

eqBc7Ob.jpg

As Roland drove in silence, keeping an eye for the white haired holiday as they moved from street to street. He barely glanced at Ferris and Nina, considering their best options. It wasn't that he didn't trust them, far from it. Ferris was a prankster but he was kind-hearted and willing to protect his friends even if he was no fighter. And Nina was a precious cinnamon roll who would never betray anyone. But they were naive and didn't have as much of an understanding of the human world unlike holidays like Layla. He snapped out of it when Nina's meek voice however, spoke up.

6j2gxk5.jpg

"Where are we going to be dropped off, Roland?" Nina asked, curiously gazing at the human. "We... We'll go wherever is left! We need to find Valentine's Day. S-She... Lili may have lashed out at me, but... but...!" Shrove Tuesday's voice shook as she mentioned the holiday before clutching Ferris' hand tightly and continuing. "I don't want to see her hurt. So we'll search wherever. She's still our friend," The brunette nodded, her eyes filled with determination. She would not abandon Valentine's Day, no matter what the crazy lady had done. Roland gave a smile as he finally pulled up the Van on the sidewalk.

"I understand - But you two should be careful. No pranks. No magical sweets. There's not many places here that I can think Valentine's Day or the Sins would be here but you can check around - That might just be why they would be hiding here,"

"Ah like how no one expected my apricot and dark chocolate swirl cheesecake!" Nina gave a nod of understanding, smiling eagerly. Roland couldn't help but chuckle.

"Yes. Like that. No one expects bitter to go so well with the sweetness but it works. I'm sure you'll do well, and if not, the University Campus isn't too far. There's directions everywhere so just go there and I'll pick you guys up from there in a few hours," The blonde gave some clear instructions for the two, and Shrove Tuesday nodded again.

"Understood, Jack-o-Lantern. We'll do our best!" With a smile, Nina hopped out the van with Ferris, giving a wave as Roland drove away, but once his van turned the corner, she looked a little nervously towards April Fool's as she grasped his hand. "...We... We can do this, right, Ferris?"

K1tTC1d.jpg

"...It's... Not about that, Alice..." Francis shifted uncomfortably as Alice tried to comfort him. He knew that Lilith was strong enough to hurt anybody who crossed her. But there was three sins. And one holiday. And as certifiably crazy as she was, he knew deep down that she wouldn't be stupid enough to use magic and risk hurting Balance. She would be fine, no matter what happened, regardless if she was caught or attacked or worse, though he dreaded to think of that last one.

But none of that is what mattered. The gloomy spirit hesitated, fidgeting as his untamed fluffy mess of a hair shifted and revealed the hue of his eyes - Blue, for worry, but... Strange. Almost... Dark somehow. Instead of the vibrant shades of colour that usually gave away his mood, Francis' irises reflected a deep dark inky blue, barely letting in any light, almost black in colour. He barely glanced towards Alice, though he noted the abnormality in her own slight affectionate attempt to comfort him. He tried to muster the energy to smile, but it wasn't there. The corner of his lips twitched, but nothing else happened. All he could do was... speak. Give her some sign of what he was going through.

"... I feel so... Guilty. If something happens to her or anyone else looking for her... I can only blame myself. I agreed to watch her. I nominated myself. And I let everyone else down," His voice was quiet, but with Jasper at work and Kayleigh at school, the empty house was incredibly quiet. The holidays could have heard a pin drop.

The Human Realm: Espresso Express

Up6wwR4.jpg

Whilst Laura could see that Russel was trying, and failing, to hide his excitement, she couldn't help but smile and be equally excited at the prospect of sharing her love of books with someone else. Disruption and Joker were not readers. Ash and Ember were the same, though Ember had read a few books for the purposes of their mission here. Hades and Persephone had their own library, but they were far too busy to read these days. And Coffyn... Well, she hadn't spoken to Coffyn for at least a year. Ever since the numbers piled up, the amount of souls lining up in Limbo increasing, he'd been struggling to find a moment for himself. Disruption and Joker were run ragged after him, picking up the slack. Suffice it to say, as much as she hated to admit it, her new life was... lonely.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the blonde human rushed to quickly, and rather clumsily, push open the door. The little cafe was practically empty, but she couldn't help but smile - The quiet was soothing. The lack of people in the cafe also was a relief. The red-eyed assistant smiled as she stepped in, waiting for Russel before looking to him.

"Well, I don't want to be too hasty, but... I believe this is the perfect cafe right now. Crowds aren't my thing..." She let herself smile brightly at the male before pointing at one of the booths tucked away in the corner. It was private, secluded away from the one other person in the cafe and looked almost cosy. "We should sit over here," She decided, before taking a seat on the cushioned seat at the table.Laura waited patiently for Russel to sit across from her.

"So. I promised you old books, and now, it's time to provide..." The blonde grinned, before reaching into her messenger bag and placing five books on the table. The leather covers on the hardback books was almost ancient though covered in a protective resin coat, and the pages were made from thick parchment. Laura reached to the one on top, opening up to reveal a more modern looking bookmark that was certainly far more timely than the book it was in. She let her fingers brush over the handwritten book before gently sliding it in front of Russel.

"It's The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas. I've been reading a lot of books in my spare time... And I figure that a fellow literature nerd, like yourself, knows of Dumas. You know... 'The Three Musketeers', 'The Wolf Leader' ..." Laura trailed off somewhat before grinning. "Well, there's too many to list, I wouldn't want to bore you... But it's something I've been reading for leisure and not just researching... It's nice to re-read it,"

• Love
Human Realm: Roland's Van → Streets of Essex

1557903599683-png.176599

Something about the pink-haired holiday irked him beyond belief. She was less of a pain in the neck than her goggle-wearing dork of a friend, but the way she brought up his flaws felt patronizing. He didn't like it. He was the God of Death, and it would be a mockery to allow some holiday to sit back and talk shit about him. He sneered, and his eyes flashed an fiery red. "Shut your mouth if you know what's good for you, Holiday. They don't call me the God of Death for no reason." He left out the fact that almost everyone refereed to him as the 'lesser' God of Death. He stopped there though, Thanatos was brash and explosive, but even he understood the importance of their mission.

Roland waited until they were all seated then drove off, Thanatos sulked in his seat.

1557903728117-png.176601

They were going to divide up the city. A good, tactical plan that Tyree agreed a hundred percent with. Celeste was quick to pick their search area and Tyree was thankful for her initiative. As much of a jerk as Thanatos was, his friend seemed okay. "Roger that. We've got this handled, Roland. We'll see you guys later, hopefully with Lilith in tow." He gave everyone a quick salute then followed after Celeste. Independence Day wasn't too well-versed with the human realm, but he had a good head on his shoulders and Celeste to help lead the way.

The farmers market was bustling with life. There were rows of stalls on both ends of the streets, each selling an array of vegetables, fruits, and other delicacies. There were even stores spread out here and there, many with lines and lines of clothing and accessories up for display.

"Damn," Tyree sighed. "This place is huge. If Lilith is here, it'll take awhile for us to find her."

He peered left and right. Nothing, just a sea of humans walking around as they eyed the wares up for sale. Tyree looked to Celeste. "Sooo, I take it you've been in the cities a lot?" He stopped himself from saying 'from earth' right in time, realizing how that might sound to everyone else. "What's it like? We Holidays only get to come here on our designated days, mostly once a year, though Birthday comes here practically everyday." He was trying to make small talk as they disappeared into the crowd to look for Lilith.

1557903599683-png.176599

"We won't get lost," Thanatos snapped. He knew the human was looking out for them, but his initial exchange with Birthday had left him miffed even after Celeste and Tyree had already left. He waited for Layla to give Roland her number then stroke out without so much as looking back. The city was bustling with life, but he was no stranger to cities. He liked earth, like meeting interesting women, and lounging around at bars. Olympus was a lot more open to human customs than the Holiday Realm, and many of the Gods enjoyed wandering among the mortals and masquerading as humans themselves. Hell, Zeus - ruler of Olympus - was notorious for disappearing for months on end so he could gallivant around with his mortal lovers. Coffyn didn't approve, but Olympus was out of his grasp.

He nodded at Layla when he noticed she was keeping up. So she wasn't a bumbling idiot like the other Holidays. Good.

"Mhm. Valentines seemed pretty unstable. If she's anywhere in the area, we should be able to notice quickly. Same goes for a deadly sin. Good thing about crowds, they warn you about stuff far in advance. And if you're good at disappearing into them, they'll protect you too."

So far though, things were pretty peaceful. There were people working on their gardens, people walking up and down the street, everyday normal stuff. The human was right at the very least, this place was a maze. It was good he sent the two of them here instead of those other Holidays. Walking around would be useless unless they were really lucky. Hmm, how the hell were they supposed to find Valentines here?

"Oh, idea!" Without asking for permission, Thanatos grabbed Birthday's phone out of her hands. Being taller, he merely held it above her head so she couldn't swipe it back. Lucky him, she hadn't locked it yet. Smirking, opened her gallery and began scrolling. "Wonder if I'll find any naughty pictures, eh?" Now he could turn the tables on her and push her buttons. "Ah there we go! Picture of Valentines. We should ask around, see if anyone's seen her. She's a pretty girl. If she's been here, I'm sure someone will remember. C'mon."

Nonchalantly, he tossed the phone back to birthday. "Let's ask some people. Humans are actually quite helpful if they think you're one of them."

The Human Realm: Streets of Essex Hall of Justice

1557903735242-png.176602

April Fools and Shrove Tuesday were the last to get dropped off, and Ferris nodded vigorously as Roland explained the do's and don'ts of their mission. There were directions scattered around and they were near the university - all a big relief to the already nervous Holiday of Trickery. "Yeah, we've got this, Roland. You don't have to worry about us one bit." Similar to Nina, he'd been a lot more shaken than his fellow Holidays, so he was beyond thankful that Jack O'Lantern - after all these years - was still looking out for them.

Ferris stepped out of the van, and after Roland drove away, offered his equally nervous girlfriend a smile.

Honestly, the whole situation was overwhelming. Two years ago they were trapped down on earth, but not because of something as serious as this. Still, he was innately cheerful and knew he had to keep it that way for his and Nina's sake. "Of course!" He puffed up his chest. "With all of us working together, the sins don't stand a chance! We'll find Lilith for sure."

The stretch of city before them was filled with towering buildings, but they seemed to be in the heart of it all - and surrounded by billboards with maps and friendly looking people - so they should be good to go. There were a few cars on the street, but Roland had taught them how to read traffic lights the last time they were stranded on earth.

Ferris reached for Nina's hand and linked his fingers with hers. "How about we check that building first?" He pointed, with his free hand, to the pristine looking building that read "Hall of Justice." Men and women in suits were walking up the stairs with their briefcases, and if anything, it looked as if an important gathering was taking place. "Maybe Lilith went to look at things too. It definitely stands out, right?"

Human Realm: Jasper's House

1557903804370-png.176603

Seeing Francis as sad as he was sent a pang of guilt running through her. None of this would have happened if she and Thanatos had stayed put, and yet, she wouldn't have been able to forgive herself if she'd done nothing to try and better their Godawful situation. Still, they shouldn't have brought Francis along. She and Thanatos were at fault too.

"It's not your fault," she whispered. "I shouldn't planned to run off with Thanatos." Alice was often quick to shift the blame away from herself, so the act of taking the blame off Francis' shoulders and shifting it onto her own was foreign. Meeting Francis, Ferris, and Nina had in a way helped her become less selfish, more empathetic, and more... sappy. Alice wanted to just give Francis his space and let him be, but she trudged on like a trooper because somewhere in the pit of her stomach she felt as if Francis needed this. She wanted him to feel better. "You were just being a good friend, Francis. So if anyone's to blame for Valentines going missing, it's... it's us." The words left a bad taste in Alice's mouth, and she wondered if Francis would blame them for it. If he did, he wasn't going to be in the wrong for doing so.

Quietly, she lifted her hand from his shoulder and sat down on the chair beside him. If Francis wanted space, she'd share the silence with him. And if he wanted to talk, she could fill the void with words. "You didn't let anyone down. Besides, nothing's going to happen to anyone, kay? Ferris and Nina are tougher than they look. Heck, they survived with us two years ago. Tyree, hah, he's got a good head on his shoulders. And hey, if Lilith comes back, we'll be right here." Everything will be just fine. She kept that last bit to herself, because deep down, she honestly didn't know.

1557904535393-png.176605

As cool as he tried to be, there was no hiding his enthusiasm once the books were placed on the table. Russel excitedly made his way to the seat across from Laura. "Ah Dumas," he said wistfully. "Love is the most selfish of all passions," he quoted before slowly realizing he was regressing into a grade A dork. Oh well, Laura seemed to love books just as much as he did. "Trust me. I'll be far from bored. Love Dumas, man's a literary genius." He looked over the books and ran a hand over their covers. "These look like they've stood the test of time, collector's editions? And I've never read The Wolf Leader, but I'm familiar with his other works. Recently, I've been poring over The Picture of Dorian Gray and Dr. Faustus, not very happy I know, but there's something enthralling about their sorrow. The writers make it seem so... beautiful. Kind of like Millais' Ophelia, you know?"

His ears went red when he realized he'd been rambling for far too long. "Sorry! We should order something first. Anything you want me to get you?" He asked as he passed her the menu that had been on their table. "They've got great coffee here. Everything else is pretty stellar too."

Last edited by a moderator:
The Human Realm: Farmer's Market Streets of Essex

EKleKhc.jpg

"Hmm?" Celeste was busying herself with making herself at least look a little bit less out of place by examining one of the nearby wears as if she was interested in buying. "Oh. Now I get you. Well, truth be told, I haven't been to uh... cities like this, for a good while. But I grew up in a city till I was sixteen. That's when my father decided to adopt me and whisk me away to Greece... You get me?" Celeste gave a knowing smile in Tyree's direction before plucking out a scarf from the selection of wears and wrapping it around her neck. "It's... nice here. I've missed it. Father doesn't let me go into cities as much as my friend does. I don't get that freedom anymore," There was a tinge of sadness to her voice as she spoke, though she didn't lose her smile as she examined herself in the nearby mirror, searching for any signs of Lilith around them. "So, in a way, I'm about as free as you or any of the others, excluding Layla," She shrugged, leaving the conversation at that and approached the shopkeeper, putting on a bright smile.

"Good morning, sir," The demigod's voice was oddly chipper as she sauntered over to the vendor. "I'd like to purchase this scarf please," She unwrapped the green coloured silk and placed it on the counter, allowing the man to ring up her goods as she pulled out her purse. "Hey so, you wouldn't happen to have seen a girl around here with white hair, red eyes, dressed in more um... exotic clothing? See, she said she'd meet me and my friend here but this place is so crowded, and we don't want to get lost,"

"Uh, well, can't say I saw her round here, but I did see a silver-haired beauty early this morn when I was setting up my stock. She wandered on down past the street next to this one at around four or five AM, looking a little lost and out there. I considered calling the cops but she didn't seem like the helpless type, so I just let her be on her way," The shopkeeper gave a shrug as he took Celeste's payment before handing over the item. "I saw her heading east, so maybe she's still around there,"

"It's possible - She's directionally challenged," Celeste let out a small laugh as she put the scarf back on. "We'll have a look for her - Thank you and have a good day!" Beckoning for Tyree to follow after her, the Demigod cut down one of the alleys and onto the next street over, where it was almost a ghost town in comparison to the market itself. "We have a lead - It makes sense she wouldn't have gotten far or at least been lost... So I guess we're better checking east of here," The brunette started heading in the direction that the shopkeeper suggested, before glancing towards Tyree.

"Hey so... What's it like, being a holiday? I'm not exactly allowed to go visit you guys, and I've only heard stories of Layla throwing big parties for some of the well-known God's birthdays, but Zeus ain't exactly a trustworthy source when he's drunk," The demigod gave a smirk at the memory of a drunken night of partying - It seemed so far away now. "So, tell me about it,"

MzbTr88.jpg

Layla simply nodded as Thanatos talked about the advantage of crowds. He wasn't as much of an airhead as she had thought he was, and actually had a brain in that little reckless head of his. As they walked the streets, searching for Lilith, Birthday held her phone in her hands, staring at a map of the area - It was important to not get lost, after all and mark off where they had been. She'd been planning out the best route in her head to cover most of the area. Until she heard Thanatos speak. And before she could ask him what idea, her phone was swiped out of her hands and held way out of her reach. Well, if she used her party favours, she no doubt could retrieve it, but the amount of humans who would see her using magic was too risky. And then Thanatos started clicking through her phone.

"Hey!" She jumped up, trying to reach her phone but the Lesser God of Death was clearly taking advantage of their major height difference. And then he smirked almost devilishly so, insinuating that she... she... "W-What?! I would never!" Her cheeks went a vibrant shade of rose pink as she went to try grab the phone again, this time clumsily only able to swat at his forearm. "J-Just give it back!" She glared up at him, unable to do much else than grit her teeth and let the Greek God flip through her pictures. All she had was some pictures of her fellow holidays, so it's not like it was embarrassing but still, it... messed with her, having someone go through her privacy like that.

Thankfully, Thanatos found what he was looking for, tossing the phone back at her. She quickly caught it and turned away from him, taking a moment to calm herself. She'd let herself get so flustered over this, and she knew that he'd never stop reminding her. No doubt to inflate his ego some more. She took a few deep breaths to cool down, barely glancing at Thanatos as she listened to his plan.

"...That's... not a bad plan, actually..." She murmured, before shooting him a glare. "But you could have asked if I had a picture instead of stealing my phone and invading my privacy, you neanderthal," Layla added, crossing her arms and trying to remain calm. She already knew her attempts at grabbing her phone back and her embarrassment was more than enough ammunition for Thanatos, so giving him more to work with wasn't an option.

The Human Realm: Hall of Justice

6j2gxk5.jpg

Nina couldn't help but smile and let out a sigh of relief as Ferris puffed out his chest and told them they'd be alright. She knew that he was just as intimidated as she was, but the fact he was so willing to comfort her by being his usual cheery self, it touched her. Shrove Tuesday nodded in agreement eagerly. He was right, they would find Lilith, they just had to work together. She laced her fingers between his as he grasped her hand, and a blush was immediately apparent on her cheeks. Even after two years together, she was still hopelessly in love with the prankster holiday, and it showed - being reduced to an embarrassed young girl who couldn't help but smile, blush and be happy when they were together like this. But she had to stay focused! Snapping out of it, Nina looked to the building Ferris was pointing out, nodding in agreement.

"Ah... Yeah, it must be important. They are all wearing suits. D-Do you remember when Jack-O-Lantern had to go to Laura's funeral? He wore a suit then - It must be something serious. Lilith must have gone there!" Grasping his hand lightly, she made her way towards the Hall of Justice, pushing open the heavy wooden door and stepping inside. Inside, it was rather noisy, with several different people, all in suits, all in small groups, having different conversation. The words 'alibi' 'crime' and 'law' were some of the few standouts, but Nina couldn't understand what they were talking about. It was then that a guard of some sort strode over, gazing at the pair.

"You kids here as witnesses or on jury duty or something?" He asked, crossing his arms. There was no way this sunny pair could be lawyers after all.

"Um...The last one," Nina wasn't quite sure what jury duty was, but she knew that she hadn't witnessed anything. She only just got here after all!

"You're just in time then. The case starts in ten minutes so you want to go join the rest of the jury in Court Room A," The Security Guard pointed to one of the nearby doors, where a few people were sat outside, reading over case files and having hushed discussions. "Go on now. Before the Judge arrives and then you just look late," The Guard ushered them in the right direction before walking off, and Nina hesitated, staring at the door, then at Ferris. She kept her voice low, not wanting to be heard.

"Um... Ferris, what is Jury Duty?" She asked, confused.

K1tTC1d.jpg

"I..." What was he supposed to say? Francis watched Alice sit down next to him, blaming herself now. Whilst it was true, it was partly her fault, why did he feel worse at seeing her take all this blame? His eyes lightened from inky blackness into a deep blue, though he hesitated. H-How was he supposed to comfort someone? He wasn't used to comforting people physically. Should he take her hand? N-No... Probably not, that would be far too intimate. He pushed back the flustered emotions he felt earlier, and simply placed his hand on her shoulder, returning the same gesture, as he gazed at her with a worried expression.

"...You're not to blame. You... You had to do something, right? It's admirable," What was he even saying? It was reckless and they learnt nothing new. But they had shared their knowledge with Coffyn and Balance wasn't worse for wear. That... was something. Things overall were less gloomy than before. Yes, Valentine's was missing but... She was strong. Alice was right. And everyone else... They were also strong enough.

"... It may not have gone the way you wanted but... You went for it. And well... It was my choice to go with you guys. I could have stayed. I should have known that Valentine's Day would run off. That's my mistake. Not yours," Francis gave Alice's shoulder a light squeeze as he managed a small smile. "...So don't blame yourself for my mistake. I... I don't want you to do that,"

Up6wwR4.jpg

"I agree, we should order something first - So we can continue to talk about books without being interrupted," Laura gave a bright smile as she spoke those words before checking out the menu. It'd been a long time since she'd felt this happy, this sensation of warmth... Just to have someone to talk to, it made her feel less... Lonesome. Twirling a lock of her blonde hair around her finger, she continued to scan the menu before figuring out exactly what she wanted. "I'll take a Latte Macchiatto, and the Very-Berry Pancakes," She grinned somewhat as she placed the menu down flatly and leaned back in her chair. "I have a bit of a sweet tooth and it's been long time since I had pancakes," She admitted before looking at Russel.

"So... Dorian Gray... 'The only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it' Beautiful choice. I've been nagging a friend of mine to read it but he's been so busy," The blonde shook her head in disbelief. "That and he's adamant that there's better authors than Dumas or Wilde. A shame really," The blonde leaned in and smiled, clearly interested in talking about books. "Even if the story is sad, it can still be hauntingly beautiful. Just like Ophelia," Laura couldn't help but smile somewhat. "I've not seen much artwork lately. Where I was living didn't really have much in the way of galleries... But the library there was something to behold. Still is," She brushed her hand over the other books she had placed upon the table. "I brought a few with me - Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Wuthering Heights and oh-- Looks like I brought The Wolf Leader with me - You're welcome to borrow it," Laura carefully removed it from the stack, though as she did, the last book was revealed to be one of the more ancient looking covers, with a faint scribble on the front. Tartarus - Legends and Mythology.

"I am however, gonna need your contact number... So I can come get it back if I need to leave town... Which is looking pretty likely given the fact the University's closed down because of a giant spider. It could be weeks before I could get a new interview..." Laura sighed as she glanced to the side. She was reminded of her mission - Just how was she going to track down the Deadly Sins now?

Last edited:
  • Love