When Worlds Collide (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, the least we can do is get some headway and maybe figure something out while we're traveling. If anything, when we get there, I could stay a good distance away while you talk to Vang. It might be a better plan, and he shouldn't suspect anything..." Seb replied.

true, after all I an Related to him, hmm, better Idea then you sneaking in, but, there are still risks. For example because he killed my father, what if he tries to murder me as well? After all he knows Im the rightful heir as well as anyone, though he should also Know I never wanted the power...He may say he did it for me, to make it possi b le for me not to be king, but I dunno, if he does say that it may cause a fight between us, because that will piss me off...what do you think?"

"If he says anything like that..." Sebastian said, patting Fire on the shoulder. "Then you'll have to do everything in your power to control your anger. If he tries to get under your skin... er... scales, just try to remember what's at sake. I know what it's like to have someone say things that will only provoke, but I've been able to control my anger.... sometimes..."

Nods* I can try. After all, Its important we get this information... " Looks a little worried, and the flames around seem to mimic the emotion as if feeding off of it. Where will you hide?"

"I should say a few miles away from wherever we're going." Sebastian replied, thinking for a moment. "Although, it'll still be freezing cold, so we might have to find some other means of shelter. I would suggest we spend today hunting, and leave tomorrow, since neither one of us got any sleep." He said, curiously watching the flames.

nods* Agreed. but still, maybe I can make you a coat from loose scales? something to keep you warm? you could always say you killed a dragon and turned its hide into a jacket." looking around, trying to think if theres anything he forgot. "And what do you intend to do now?after all no one said we had to stay together after all."

Seb thought for a moment. "Well, I guess we can both go off and look for something to hunt. I'm sure there's something out there. After all, I don't think either one of us has had anything to eat for quite some time." He said, looking at his sword. It may be a lot easier if he had brought his crossbow.

*nods and smiles* good idea. Its been a while for me as well, yeah. where shall you go look, So I don`t search the same area?"

"Hmm... I think I'm going to go north, out by the river. I know this area pretty well, so I won't have to worry about getting lost." Sebastian replied, rolling his shoulders. "You can probably go out west. If you go far enough, there'll be a small field where you might find some dear. I would have gone down there earlier while I was hunting, but I thought that I would have better luck on the mountains... guess I was wrong." He said with a nervous chuckle.

"That may in fact be true, but I'm glad you did. after all, you did find me, did you not?"* Chuckles a little* well, Shall we get started? we've got a lot of work to do if were to head back home tomorrow"

"Right." Seb stated, unsheathing his sword to check it for any sort of damage or wear. Putting it away, he stepped out of the cave, pulling his thin coat tighter around him. "We'll meet back here when we're done, and hopefully we'll have enough."

Fire steps back a little as the weapon is drawn, but relaxes when he elects not to use it on him. "one think before you do." reaching his paw into the flames by the opening, and pulling out a few cloves and a jacket seemingly made out of his scales. he gently hands the gloves to Seb and puts the jacket around his shoulders. they seem to be just the right form of heat to keep Seb a little warmer then hed otherwise be. "they don't add much armor, my biggest weakness is weak scales, but they work as excellent heat conductors. Stay warm." upon seccond glance, Fire would indeed seem to be missing scales, but not enough to be really too noticable unless you really looked for it*

Sebastian sighed a bit when he put the makeshift gloves and jacket on, feeling them eradicate the chill in his body. He wondered how Fire had been able to make them.
"Wow, these are warm." He said, settling into the new clothing. "Thanks for that."
He stepped out of the cave and began the path to the lake. "Okay, we'll meet back here in an hour." He said, looking back. "If I don't come back by then, check up on me. Be careful."

Fire nods a bit and agrees. "alright, but, if anyone asks about the garb you killed a blue dragon. its the most believable thing until were ready for the world to know our blasphemy." he chuckles and spreads his wings, taking for his locale carefully, flying high enough to only look like a bird from below to those that would see him. "I must still be a lunitic. Im a prince, Vang wouldn't kill me, right? he practically consoders me his son. ehh, im too naïve. he would kill me in a heartbeat. I should focus on the task at hand and stop talking to myself..."

Sebastion continued down the path, the deep snow crunching loudly beneath his feet. If he wasn't careful, then surely he wouldn't be able to catch anything with all the noise he was making. After quite a few moments of walking, he finally made it to the lake, the surface completely frozen over and covored with a thin layer of snow.
He ceased his movement for a moment and listened for what seemed like twenty minutes. Sure enough, his gut instinct was correct, and he began to hear soft footsteps. Ducking low and searching, he spotted a female deer a little ways down the bank. Gently reaching underneath the scaled jacket and into his pocket, he pulled out a single knife that was half the size of his forearm. From where he was, he saw one of the deer's ear twitch, and it looked up, obviously sensing danger.
Seb froze, not even risking a blink.
Suddenly, the creature turned and ran into the bushes. Seb cursed, completely frustrated that he had scared it off. He could have sworn that he was silent, and it made him question if it had been him who spooked it.
The peircing bellow of a cave bear answered his suspicions.
He slowly turned around, finding the ten-foot-tall bear slowly approaching him, snarling and bellowing. It seemed that Seb hadn't been the only one hunting the deer, and since it was scared off, then he would settle as a replacement.
"Shouldn't you be hibernating?" Sebastian remarked, and was only met with more growls.
"All right then..." He said, taking off running. Of course, the bear gave chase, and gradually began closing in...
But, a plan had already formed in his mind. Skidding to a stop, he switched the direction he was running in, and sprinted onto the frozen surface of the lake. He began slipping, waving his arms frantically to keep his balance. Holding a solid stance, he clutched the hilt of his sword and waited.
Just as he had hoped, the bear followed him, also slipping a bit on the ice, bit it gradually gained control of itself. Undeterred, it continued to charge at him. He stared and waited intently, the beast now twenty feet away...
Fifteen feet...
Ten feet...
Seb closed his eyes and held his breath...
Five feet...
Without so much as a small warning, the ice beneath the cave bear suddenly collapsed underneath its weight, and the beast disappeared as the freezing water beneath engulfed it, leaving nothing but a fairly large hole in the thin ice.
Seb opened his eyes and stared at the hole in the ice, letting out his breath in a large sigh of relief.
"That... was cl-." His words were stopped when the ice underneath him as well collapsed, the chilling water washing over his entire body, nearly sending him into shock. He immediately began struggling, but to no avail, and the strong current pulled him underneath the frozen surface...

Heading to the forrest, he looks around, keeping as quiet as possible with his wing blasts, searching for anyrhing sufficiwnt to feed a young dragon and human. momentarily taking his mind off of the hunt, he thinks about Vang and how the two will overthrow him, hoping violence won't be neccessary. having gotten careless in these thoughts, He ends up getting netted and tied up by a group of Human hunters. the humans smirk and start conversing in a language foreign to Fire and his dual language mind. after what seems like eternity, they drag him off to a nearby city, where he is promptly tied up with chains and restrained. Offering them no resistance, something they are puzzled about, he gets locked in an empty barn, where he curls up and sighs, muttering to himself in Japanese. "Guess I won't be catching anything anytime soon. Hopefully Sebastian is having better luck....." just at that point he lifts his head and turns it a bit, holding still. there seems to be an enraged bear someahere in the distance. "SEB!!!" Fire tries to stretch his wings and fly off but the chains yank him down. the hunters rush in, and shoot tranquilizers at him. using the heat from his body, he both starts to heat the chains up to the point they are a glowing red, and redirects the tranqs to the humans. once the chains are sufficiently heated, he rips himself free and crashes through the roof, chains still attached, despite being broken. quickly heading to where Seb ishe finds a hole in the ice. "oh no... Tell me im in time..." dives in after him, his heated scales affording him a little more time in the water then Seb would have, and he searches. upon finding the two, he grabs seb and holds him tight, using his tail to grab the sinking bear and bring it with. once surfacing with both, he pants, rolling to his back* "Seb..... tell me youre okay...."

Sebastian coughed a few times, the icy winds chilling his wet body to the bone. Still being in shock and barely able to move, it took him a moment to realize that he had been rescued. It took him a few more seconds to realize that it had been Fire that had saved him. When his mind had finally processed the drake's words, he coughed and sputtered a few more times.
"Ok-k-kay... Now that w-was the c-crappiest hunting t-t-trip I've ever b-b-been on..." He stuttered.

Fire smiles, gently picking both of them up, flying to the cave and seting up some fires, surrounding the bear in a ring of fires in case it tried to get away, doing what he can to warm the two, the chains still jangling around his wrists. "crappy hunting trip? I agree in full. but at least you're alright..." panting from the rushing he had to do both to get to Seb and to get Seb to the cave, not to mention the swimming or the breaking out*

Sebastian chuckled a bit light-heartedly. "Yeah..." Sitting balled up against the cave wall, he noticed the chains hanging from Fire's limbs and neck, and decided it was time to inquire.
"Enough about me. What happened to you?" He asked.

makes sure Seb is comfortable first. Well, on my way I lost track of my height due to worrysome thoughts about whether or not Vang would harm me. while this self-debate was going on, I didn't notice a net until it was too late. I was netted to the ground, and before I could react, I was chained up by a group of hunters. speaking a language I wasn't familiar with they chained me down inside a shed and left. I couldn't believe it, I had been captured. by humans. They seemed surprised I wasn't fighting back and that may be why I am still alive. From there I waited, contemplating what to do, intendin to talk to the leader of that nearby city, but I faintly heard a growlin bear. fearing the worst for you, I started resisting. Since all of your human metals are brittl and useless under the right heating ad cooling, I started heatingthem up asbest I could, and they tried to tranquilize me. using the heatI manipulated th darts so they missed me and hit the hunters before breaking free. I kinda left a hole in that shed things roof as I headed to you, but I didnt set a blaze to anythin like so many of my kind would have. from there I headed in the direction I heard thr bear earlier and noticed the broken ice. without thinking I dived in. turns out I was perfect in my timing.
but I fear what those Humans are going to do now, after all my kind isnt exactly the most welcome these days. " heating his wrists, he tries to smash the chains off several times, having a difficult time finding the right temperature.

Status
Not open for further replies.