When Worlds Collide (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebastion's sleep was quite disturbed. Likewise, his consiousness argued with him, thoughts buzzing around his head like an infinite beehive. He tossed and turned underneath the dragon's wing, unable to slip into a proper rest. The very next morning, he lay awake, his eyes shot with red. He hoped it wouldn't be very noticeable, for fear of worrying Fire.
He sighed and quietly waited for Fire to wake up...

Having a difficult time sleeping as well, tail twitching a bit and a few silent whines and a restless few hours later, he wakes up noting Sebs been up for a bit already. Hey, you sleep okay?"

Seb let out a melancholic sigh, but not moving. "No..." He said, rubbing his eyes and temples.
With a few coughs, he turned over and faced Fire. "I'm actually very sleep-deprived. Every time I close my eyes, something always starts racing through my mind... Even when nothing has happened..."

we need to stop being the same person of different races, as its the same for me. from watching those I care for get harmed to my consience argueing with me over what I feel is insignificant crap to worry about." he chuckles* "but anyway, What did you wanna do? we can't rightly take me to a human city and not you rightly to a Dragon one...."

Seb thought for a moment, unsure of what to do. He had not exactly thought this far ahead, once again a trait of his absent-mindedness. Fire was right, with the war still going on, neither one of them could go to either race.
"Well... I guess I won't have a use for my home now that I'm around you." He thought for a moment, unable to come up with any ideas. "We might have to stay here until we figure something out. I would suggest going to the other dragons, since dragons aren't as quick to kill humans, but I don't think it would be safe with Veng still in power. That is... unless it could be kept a secret from him..."

I doubt It could br for long, Given who I am, err, the grandiose scale of what wed represent... " half expecting a lecture if he truely found out.

Seb thought for a moment on this, but he didn't fully understand. Was Fire some sort of... royal? He thought for a moment before asking, not exactly knowing what to hope for.
"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"i-its nothing... Don't worry, Its not like I am Vang's Hatchling..." Chuckles uneasily. "But if you have to know, as Many humans like to, The Previous king of the dragons, Well,...... That was my father.... or Uncle, Or, I dunno, its been a long time since I looked into it.... but you can relax, That wont get in the way."

Sebastian was shocked by this. All this time, he had been friends with a dragon prince! He found it extremely hard to believe, not because he didn't think it was possible, but because of the odds.... what was the chance of him running into a dragon prince?
"Wait... so you're telling me that... you're the rightful king? Not Vang?" He asked.

*nods sadly* "yes, actually. I never wanted the power or the responsibility, but Vang saw that weakness and killed my father. I was still legally too young to come into power, and No one was willing to fight Vang for power...Had I not been so weak, maybe this whole war couls have been avoided, So, In a way I am also to blame for the entire thing... " Looking at the ground between my paws, expecting to get lectured by the human he has befriended. While true the chances of a dragon prince and a human with no real family becoming friends are slim nowadays, it seems to have happened, and quite quickly. "if you intend to try and put me in power though, be careful. the mere mention that I am the rightful king will act as if I directly challenged Vang, anf that would not be ideal, as it would be a fight to the death. I am not very skilled in combat... so Id be the one doing all the dying... "

(ripped some of this from Tales of Graces f. the murderous uncle to gain power, the outcast prince, those things. god I love jRPGs. xD)

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex the Angel
Sebastian nodded, stuffing his cold hands into his pockets. Fire was right, if anyone had ever made it known that he was the rightful heir to the throne, then Vang would take it as a direct challenge. Vang may be a complete fool, but he was very skilled and quite intelligent when it came to combat. He didn't believe what Fire said about him not being very skilled in combat, but if he ever ended up challenging Vang while they were so ill-prepared, it could mean the end of them both.
"Yeah, you're right..." He said quietly. "But... what else are we going to do? I can't teach you anything about combat, since I haven't done it in years..." He thought for a moment. "Do you...." He hesitated. "Know anyone who would be willing to teach you, and keep me a secret?"

I don't Know, honestly. Everyone I know could train me, but I fon't know who to trust and who not to under these rulers. after all vangs last direct challenge was barty, and look how thats going... " still seeming to refuse to call him by his real name. " what about you? "

Sebastian sighed. "Barty has the entire country on his side, and using fear to rule with an iron fist. Ever since the first dragon and human pair, everyone has been on edge. If a single word was even whispered about a human working with a dragon, then everyone would be thrown into a frenzy, while Bartholomew would sit on his throne ordering guards to murder the culprit, along with any ties he may have." He said, rubbing his eyes. "So mentioning you to anyone would be suicide."

Fire sighs. "Then yes, its wiser to risk it on my end if we elect to at all. If Vang is good for anything its listening to his victims and criminals before execution, But since this has never been done since the first time, I fear hed try to eat you and crush me if he found out...unless........How well can you keep a Secret?"

Seb nodded as he spoke.
"To be quite honest with you, bud, I have secretes that I have been hiding since I was five years old. I think it's safe for me to say that I cherish secrets... so I'll take them to the grave."

"Well, Why don't we both go talk to our respective leaders then? See what they can tell us, troop placements, Enemy placements, the whole nine yards? if we can learn what both knows about the other, as well as get some training individually while we are away, then meet back up, we can tell each other and come up with the best passageways around scouts and the like, make it easier to not get caught? it would of course rely on both of us keeping the other a secret."

"Wait, you mean talk to Barty and Vang directly?!" Sebastion said nervously. "Um... where I'm at, I'll be lucky if I can get within ten yards within the palace. The only ones allowed in are guards, nobles, messengers, or anyone of royal blood. Unless...." He thought for a moment. "Back when I was younger, before they cracked down on Barty's protection, I used to sneak into the palace just out of boyish curiosity. Maybe if I can sneak in at night, I can take a look at all of his plans! He's bound to have them written down somewhere." He said, lost in thought. "But with all the guards creeping about now, someone's bound to find out.... Do you think you can stick around and wait, just in case I need to escape?" He asked.

If youre sure about that one...I can stick around but you know how theyd react if they saw me, especially if they knew who I am. Maybe we shouldn`t go directly to them but to others we trust..." Fire recreates the small heating flames from before, intending to keep everyone warm and comfortable. Imight be able to talk directly to Vang due to being his nephew, but I am not 100% sure of that one...so, maybe we should do something else... what do you think?

"I think... maybe Vang is our best option, though I'm not sure." He said, glancing outside of the cave. "If anything, we need to form some kind of plan to figure this out." He said, sighing in frustration.

yes we do. and sooner is better than later for both our races sakes" he sighs and looks around. " no matter how careful we are we will be discovered eventually..."

Status
Not open for further replies.