When Worlds Collide (IC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Oh, I was hunting. My supply was running low for winter, because I had been sick for quite some time and unable to get any hunting done." He said with a small cough. "I'm just starting to recover, actually. I thought it would be a good chance to catch up on my food supply." He stumbled as his foot caught a tree branch, but he kept his balance.

Snaps tail around in front of him to be an optional support if its needed, relieved it ends up not being necessary. "Oh, I'm sorry if I distracted you then..." remains moderately silent for the next several minutes, following him.

"Oh no, It's fine. It's more my own absent-mindedness." He said, holding onto the dragon's tail to keep his balance. "I'm not a very attentive person, to be quite honest." He said with a light-hearted chuckle.

*smiles softly and nods. "I understand. In a way so am I. how else would I get lost so deep in human territory? Im relieved you aren't one for murdering us unconditionally. Allows me to be a friend as well as stay alive. heh,..." Chuckles nervously.

"Oh yeah, I should say the same about you. It's a good thing you didn't outright attack me when you saw me, it would make for a really crappy hunting trip..." He said, adding in a nervous chuckle of his own. He noticed that the path began to look more and more familiar as they kept walking.
"We're almost there." He said, picking up speed. He was eagar to finally get out of the cold...

"Crappy hunting trip might be a bit of an understatement." Chuckles, but keeps effective pace. "Whats the cave like? anything special about it?"

"Well, I remember when I was younger I ventured pretty far back in the cave and found the ceiling and walls decorated with these beautiful crystals. I would go there and just spend hours looking at them. It really calmed my mind whenever I was having a bad day.... which was nearly every day." He said with a chuckle, kicking a rock out of his path.

Sorry to hear that, I lost my family too as a kid, from what I remember... Maybe one or Two werent lost, but I dunno. Sounds like we are more alike then we thought, huh? "

"Well... I didn't exactly lose my family..." He said with a melancholic sigh, looking away. "It... it's more like... they kinda hated me..." He said, shrugging his shoulders. "My mother never cared for me, my father left when I was young, and whatever man my mom would sleep with would beat the living hell out of me." He shook his head. "I don't think I'll ever know your pain of losing your family because... well... I never really had one..."

Fire nods sadly, before coming up with a blasphemous idea. What if... What if I was your family? We'd each have someone to trust then, and do everything that a family is supposed to do for another. "

Once again, the drake had caught Sebastian completely off guard, and it caused him to stop in his tracks. They hadn't known each other for very long, yet Seb did feel like he could trust Fire. He turned and looked up at the dragon, a surprised and hopeful look on his face.
"R... really...?"

Fire smiles and nods, Stopping behind him, still maintaining the small distance. "Of course. We both get something out of it, and, Whod really want to mess with the friend of a fire dragon?" Fire smiles, before looking around. "shall we finish the journey to the cave? We're both uncomfortable in this cold..."

Sebastian nodded, smiling widely. "Yeah..." He said.
After a few more moments of walking, they soon came upon a dark cave, the mouth looking just as menacing in the night time.
"Here we are!" He said, cautiously approaching the mouth of the cave.

Fire smiles, Taking the lead just in case something tried to move in since Seb had last been here, Creating a few fires at either side of the doorway to slowly start heating things up. "how do you feel about Barty and Vang's Positions on the other sides?"

"Well, to be brutally honest with you..." He said, walking into the cave after Fire, feeling the heat radiate from the walls. "I think they're both idiots." With a shrug, he stuffed his numb hands into his pockets in an attempt to warm them up. "Humans fear dragons, and what humans fear, they attack. 'Survival of the fittest' they say." He said with a scoff. "I think that the dragon's view on humans are spot-on. We are a bunch of uncivilized brutes."

he nods* Personally, I agree. I hate how they are seeking the destuction of the other race. Personally, I disagree that hamans are uncivillized brutes, but, as harsh as this may sound, more like Children that haven't been told No. My kind is a little cocky and Humans views of them as Monsters that need to be feared, well, Would you call me a monster?" A rhetorical question, but a question nonetheless. "perhaps we should do what the two in the story did, but be smarter about it. If there's an afterlife, those two would both be in heaven. I am glad I never really chose to be religious, it just never truely seemed all that believable to me..."

"Yeah, same here." Sebastian agreed. He never could believe anything the priests in the churches had told him. Religion was never something he could get into, no matter how many people would call him a heathen.
With a yawn, he glanced outside, observing how menacing the forest looked at night.
"We should probably get some sleep, if we're going to figure something out tomorrow." He said. A blast of cold wind blew through the cave, making him shiver.

laying down beside him, nods* You sleep, Ill watch for a while. if you want you can use my wing as a blanket. Fire dragons are usually pretty warm creatures. " he chuckles a bit, offering the wing for him, settinf up another Fire in the room, warm, yet dim*

Seb was silent for a moment, not knowing how to answer. He had never even seen a dragon before, and within almost two hours he had met one and flown on his back, and now he was offering to use one of his wings as a blanket!
"O...okay..." He said, finally able to find his voice. He cautiously approached Fire and laid down next to him underneath his wing, curling up and feeling the dragon's heat radiating from his body.
"Thank you..." He said softly, closing his eyes.

Fire smiles and nods, resting the wing over Seb gently. "Sure thing." Fire smiles, though his conscience starts to argue with him internally. 'Fire, You sure about this? 2hours ago he had a weapon drawn against you and now he is so dangerously close to your chest?' 'Relax, it may be unbelieveable, but its the first step for peace between species.' 'True, but did you ever think about At what cost it will come? the story had the Human burned alive! The dragon LOST HIS HEAD! THINK YOU NUMBSKULL!' 'I.... I.... err... I well... I err.... uh,.....' 'Fire, you have to survive first. why cant you fit in?' 'Hey, that would mean I was a murderer, and thst is NOT where I am going to go.' 'You are murdering seb from these actions.' '......... no..... I don' t see it....... I cant be...... ' throughout this whole internal interaction, His mood goes from one of happyness and contrntment with his new friend, to one of fear, almost dread, at losing someone else he cares about. ' I dont care if its been a few hours. We are friends. besides, no one said we had to be more, even as a family, thats not the same thing. I mean, the two in the story were bonded, after all, Seb just took a flight with me and spent a few hours talking and walking with me... theres nothing wrong with that. ' ' your right. ' his consiousness stops communicating with him, and he peeks under the wing to see if Seb is comfortable. aloud, but in a whisper so as to not wake Seb, he sighs. "Vang must be stopped... at any cost..." He sighs a bit, and sets his head down around his wing loosely so Seb could get out if he wanted to, dozing off not long after.

Status
Not open for further replies.