When Worlds Collide (Blooming Bismuth x potassiumboron)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Look, I'm... Not the midst confident person, but I extend kindness. If you asked, I'd... Let you have it," he said swiftly, immediately feeling like HE was in the wrong and so hurried to fetch both a life and spoon for the other oo, offering them with a kindly smile. He still felt like his conversation was fumbled and stammered, but it was obvious he was trying harder than ever. This was his only real chance to make a friend, in his eyes, and he didn't want to ruin the chance presenting itself... however weird the boy was.

"You, uh... You like collecting things?" He asked softly if only to create a conversation, setting himself down with the now warmed up leftover food for Arossa. "I collect stuff... Fox figurines, really..."​

"What are those?" He whispered, head tilting in confusion as he peered down at the leftovers. Forcing back the instinct to simply eat with his hands, he fiddled with the silverware nervously. "I like... I like shiny things, aha... nothing in particular, though. I had a larger collection before my home was destroyed, but that's all gone..."

"That's awful, of course it is... Well I... I'm happy to be friends with you? You can come over all you'd like..." He offered softly, wringing his hands at the bravery it took (for him anyway) to offer friendship. He hadn't entirely had a friend since his former one, and that had ended terribly with him basically disowning him. "I'm not best with friends, but... But I think you're sweet, and...a little odd, but I'm not exactly normal, hm? A 22 year old with no friends or any action experience of sociability...."​

"... You... Want to be friends with me?" He blinked, while tilting his mask to immediately shoveling the food into his mouth. Stopping only enough to speak, he murmured. "Hm.... Well, I guess I have to do something big for you then? When... When my friends were still around we had a way to make sure each of us never betrayed one another. We each admitted a secret, and if anyone became a backstabber and told the secret, we'd all tell THEIRS. Is the fox figurine thing your deepest secret?"

Without waiting for a response, he rather reluctantly shimmied off his handmade, pride possession and looked away. "You can't tell ANYONE about me, understood? No one is allowed to know who I am, and what I look like without the mask. If you tell anyone, I'll have to kill them... And I might hate you humans, but I sure as hell don't want to have to kill you all."

Okay. So maybe the offer was out of politeness, because he really didn't assume for one moment he would say yes. He knew he of all people oughtn't be fussy when offered the chance to have friendship, but the words this boy used, how he went about himself and appeared... It caused the already jittery man to just become even more weary. He didn't want to have to constantly feel anxious - that wasn't the right emotion to feel in a friendship, even HE knew that.

Yet he couldn't be fussy. And he definitely could refute the pixie's notion of driving his mas, even if that, combined with his threat did have Alessandro's determine him a criminal what other reason was there for him to have to hide himself? Fearing him irrationally to be some crazed murderer or whatnot, he awkwardly smiled and let his hazel eyes wander. The fox thing WASN'T his major secret -probably his self harm was- but like hell was he admitting that to someone he thought was MAD. "Sure, my secret.. Ah... Humans? Why do you speak like that? I-I mean,,, it's odd...."​

"Tell me your secret first and I'll tell you mine!" He insisted, his owm aura changing to anxiety aswell as he fiddled with the silverware. "I can't tell you until you tell me, o-okay? So... answer the question and promise you'll keep it a secret and I'll explain why I am how I am."

"... I think it's best you go, I... Have to go to work," he grimaced, obviously a lie but he felt he had no other choice. He liked the other somewhat, but to feel like he was being dictated to in his own place, and feeling like he had in school with boys teasing him and asking him question upon question with little care? He didn't want to be made to feel belittled or small or anxious - this was his fresh start, not a time for receiving constant ghosts of the past.

"Keep the cutlery," he offered, starting to feel guilt. That was another problem of his: constantly giving in and being too kind for his own good. "I... I don't mind giving you food, just... You're making me anxious and I really don't....like feeling like that, especially in my home... Aha..."​

"... Fine, nevevermind then. I'll get food some other way." He replied, a quiver in his voice as he tugged the mask down and pushed the food away. "I can't be friends with you kf ylu can't trust me... So, ah... Sorry."

He hsd to admit, he was actually sort of looking forward to being friends with the boy for multiple reasons- one being he'd have a human to observe up close. Secondly, he'd have someone to talk to fully for the first time in decades. No, this only proved his hatred towards humans was justified.

And there it was. Overwhelming guilt.

Silent!y reaching to take his hand in automatic reaction to stop him leaving, he awkwardly dropped it only split seconds later in embarrassment, and moved to rub the back of his head instead. "Look, don't... Don't do that. God knows I need friends... I was just... Being an asshole, a dumb idiot because... Sociability isn't my thing-- like that ISN'T obvious, psh... My secret, right? I... Make myself sick sometimes, and hurt myself. That's a major secret s-so... You don't have to tell me yours, I don't need to know. Not afterbeing a horrible person to you."

Quietly offering a smile as he took a seat and gently pushed the plate back to him in hopefulness that he could accept the typically stammered comments. "You're just very forthright-- it's not a problem! It's just not what I'm used to, aha..."

Taking it all it, he took a slow seat where he was and took in the blue haired boy fully
He cleared his throat before shyly tugging the mask off and setting it besides his food, taking the liberty to start eating again while avoiding his eyes.

"You won't believe me when I say it, none of you humans even acknowledge our existence, but... I'm a pixie. A very old pixie."

"Pixie?" He watched a brow, swallowing based. If it was a joke, then why was he so sorry serious? He hadn't really known anyone to tell a joke and express themselves in such a deadpan manner. But if he wasn't joking, if this was somehow and unbelievably the TRUT?H? Then what could he possibly respond like? It was a revelation...

So, probably not surprisingly, he opted to believe the former and chuckled nervously in accordance. "Right, pixie... I... Good one.. Aha..."​

"This isn't a joke." He replied, his brows knitting as well as he awkwardly fiddled with his hands. "I'm... I'm completely serious. I live in the woods, with my wolves, and... and I've been doing such for 200 years. Well, technically I lived by the docks for awhile."

He knew the boy was weird the moment he saw him. He spoke weirdly, dressed oddly, behaved in a strange manner. Hearing he may well not be human did, surprisingly, make sense. Even if it only prove Alessandro dumbstruck and silent for s long, LONG few minutes, eyes fading off and focusing on nothing in particular.

Finally, however, they returned to focus on the apparent pixie with sternness, and obvious misunderstanding of the other's nature. "Do... You guys kill humans? Because... I've been nothing b-but nice! I've tried to be, aha... You... Can leave me unharmed, yeah?"​

"By nature, no. Pixies don't kill things unless absolutely necessary. I... I taught myself how to survive when my home amd friends were taken from me. I... I had to learn how to defend myself even if I wasn't made tl, aha... "

"I've also learned to fight for revenge. You... you humans took EVERYTHING away from me, killing my friends and making them leave for the mountain because of your cars, a-and factories..."

"And that's not my fault! You and collectively blame all humans, I,... This is insane..." He groaned, beginning to rub his temples just to try and remain as calm as he could in the face of news like THIS. How was he supposed to take in the fact that he had a PIXIE sitting in front of him like this? It was far from anything he could have imagined beforehand.

"...You... What are you doing here if you dislike humans? I'M human..." He suddenly inquired, a curious look embracing his face before he could help it. "I don't understand, it's... Hypocritical, isn't it?"​

"I don't intend to hurt you... You're nice to me." He replied, his roughened face turning away from him in embarrassment. "So far, you're the first human to actually speak to me with enough respect to put me on the same level. Throughout the five centuries that I've been alive, not a single one of your kind has regarded my friends and me with respect."

Now, what he was saying was true, in a sense. He was beyond grateful to have someone actually see him as a living being. He also saw some similarities between the two... But the main reason he didn't intend to hurt Alessandro was because he had food and shelter. Who wouldn't want that? A nice little home with warmth and a meal? "I think you might want to lay down for awhile, humans don't take this information well."

"Don't, ah... Don't tell me to lay down, I'm honestly okay, it's just a lot to take in," he chuckled as he hunched over slightly, only sitting back up to pet Jynx's head the moment she hurried up at the scent of food. "...But if I'm honestly on of the nicer ones, that honestly makes me... Far more happier than you realise, so..." He smiled, blissfully oblivious to the ulterior motives behind his words - as true as some were, he was unaware of the other's desire for food and warmth.

"A pixie, though... That old? I... I honestly think I'll wake up in a moment and just got realise this was all a crazy dream," he laughed, holding his head for a further few moments before FINALLY getting his wits back. "I won't tell anyone-- I have nobody TO tell, aha..."

"If you do, I'll tell everyone that you hurt yourself. I think that's fair, hm? And friends do things that are fair." He declared softly, finishing off the food quickly. Peering down at Jynx, he offered a wide grin and pet her head carefully. "Do you know I have three hounds myself? They're beautiful wolves, but I don't force them around with rope. No, they're their own person... Too bad they don't have much room to roam anymore. This place, Tacoma... It used to be filled with beautiful trees and ponds... But not anymore, aha..."

Any warmness he had developed for the strange pixie, any endearment he earned from being classed as a friend did disappear instantaneously. And why? Because he really didn't appreciate either the blackmail, or his comments about Jynx and the leash, so immediately moved to nudge her away from the pixie's fond touches and pets.

Friendships didn't involve blackmail, and friends didn't upset each other - he knew that, despite his limited experience.

"Can you stop it?" He asked, albeit pleadingly and avoiding all eye contact. "It's not my fault industrialisation became a fact. If you didn't like it, you could move, I mean... Stop whining aha... Plus, you cant blame all humans, not me either. I don't think you're v-very mature, and honestly? I doubt you want to be friends. Friends don't treat each other like you're treating me, s-so... So either be nicer or go, I... Don't care either way, I suppose..."​

"... His is how my friends and I treated one another... And... A-And yes, I could move, but that's not the point. The point is, this home means a lot to me and I'm willing to. I didn't have a god damn choice when you humans destroyed my friends and family, so you humans don't have a choice but d-deal with me, understood? You can't even imagine how many of my friends and people died from your trash and smog... And those who didn't die from that, died from the limited food that you took when you made your homes and roads! S-So don't you dare just say 'you can move' because that would mean giving up on everything that mattered to me!"

Initially, he was more shocked... But by the end of his little rant, he was in full tears and his face's blush matched his crimson eyes. "You... You've never had to deal with everyone leaving you, Alessando, I-I don't even have my home anymore... Look, I'm sorry...."

Status
Not open for further replies.