When Worlds Collide (Blooming Bismuth x potassiumboron)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"For when you desire a home, yes," he chuckled, opening the door to the guest bedroom after some reservation. He had decorated it out in neutral tones, only for the fact he couldn't personalise it too much in case he ever did befriend someone - it had to be fairly plain just to be able to suit all tastes for whatever visitor. Granted, he hadn't ever anticipated a visitor occurring for years, but here was one.

Nonetheless, despite the plainness, it was decorated beautifully, even more impressive when it had all been done on a strict, strict budget. The walls were painted white, bordered with oak painted a light blue, and the latter complimented the light blue tones of the curtains and oak-framed bed too. Silently arranging the teddy bears on the bed -his from his childhood he couldn't bear to part with, but had no room for in his own room-, he silently offered the other a bashful smile. "There's a few books to read," he started, motioning to the bookcase he had left in the spare room to save space in his own bedroom. "Mostly old classics. Frankenstein, uh... a few poetry books..."​

"Frankenstein! Ah, yes, I've read that book..." Insisted the small creature as he managed to hop onto the bed and fall back onto the mound of stuffed animals with a happy coo. "And a female wrote it! Which is odd, for the overly sexist society based on a patriarchy. I never understood humans, and why their sense of masculinity was so fragile..."

As he spoke, his eyes took in the large room- well, it was large to HIM at least. Nestling into the comfiest spot, he didn't need much else to slip into a light slumber

"I...wouldn't say we're a patriarchal society right now, I... think there are tendencies for men to rule, granted, which is utterly wrong but--" He began, only to immediately sigh once recognising that the reason behind the silence wasn't ignorance as he assumed, but simply because the pixie had drifted off. And admittedly, he did stare at him for a moment or two, still contemplating whether all of this, all of the invitations and kindness, was worth it.

Though eventually reaching the conclusion that kindness was something he should definitely offer, especially when he knew the results of being treated unkindly, he did move to benevolently place a blanket around him and ensure he was at least warm in the somewhat cold room.​

... And, in the last two hundred orao years, tgevsmall man had gotten the best sleep he ever had... well, exceot the one time he fell asleep on the beach besudes his sort-of boyfriend at the rime. When he woke up, he had to take in just where he was fully to cease the urge to panic.

"Good morning..." He murmured to no one in particular, hoping to get some form of results

"Morning, ah... You hungry? I didn't think you would actually sleep through 'til morning, to be honest..." The human stated, having fortunately and luckily wandered in to check on the boy in slight worry over just how long he was sleeping until hearing him stir and wake fully. "I'm making crumpets, and I have home-made jams here-- I got bored two days ago, so I made strawberry jam, and... uh... are you not a morning person?"​

"Ugh... just... I haven't had a full night's slee in over four decades..." He admitted, while reluctantly forcing himself from the bed. "... "a morning person?" What the hell is a morning person? Honestly, you don't make sense sometimes... I have to collect my things, if I'm going to stay here, and I need to wash in the stream as much as possiblr before it freezes..."

"You could always have a shower instead of going out to the stream, uh..." He began softly, only to break that with a small chuckle - what chance did the pixie have of knowing what a shower even was? "I'll show you the bathroom, if you'd like. You can have a wash whenever then, even if the hot water is sometimes dodgy. I can't pay for it a lot of the time, so... don't go mad with it."​

Staring at the man in utter confusion, he scratched the fleas that inhabited his hair. "Um... Hot water? You don't wash with warm water, Alessandro. You use cold, like the stream. Gosh, you're honestly Xeon strange!"

"You're so oblivious. It's rather endearing," he smiled, deciding the childlike notion of his obliviousness wasn't annoying, nor time-consuming. It was understandable, and cute all the same. "Humans have things called baths, and showers, and you can get hot and cold water from them. If you have a bath, you can put all sorta of relaxing stuff in it. Bubbles, and oils... clearly, you know what I prefer-- let's make you a bath, okay? Trust me, you'll like it. We can wash your hair, and clean you up...?"​

Nervously looking away from the human, Arrosa gave a curt nod as his response. The while idea of someone of a species he absolutely hated getting so close to him as to wash him? That was something he often exclusively did with his other kind... but Alessandro could be the exception, it wasn't like there was anyone to yell at him

"You really hate me, don't you?" He sighed, though it wasn't entirely... exasperated. He had no real opinion of Arrosa just yet, and likewise, the other shouldn't have an opinion of Alessandro until given a chance to really get to know him properly. "Just... look. You go have breakfast first, you need filling up..."​

"I don't hate you, I just find your kind so... strange." He blurted, while offering an attempt at an apologetic smile. "I-I mean, a 'shower'? And bathing with unnaturally warm water? It's all just so weird, and abnormal."

"To you. It's subjective, we're from different -completely different- backgrounds. You're a pixie, Arrosa." He sighed tiredly, the "abnormal" comment causing some hurt, though rather than blame the other, he did blame himself and his own raging sensitivity. It did come as a curse, most the time. "Just have breakfast, I... worked hard on it for you, and god knows I can't do this every day, so don't waste it...?"​

"I could never waste food." He reassured, before knowingly wandering to the space where he was given food the night before. "A saying our Elders often used was, "eat everything but the teeth" because thats what pigs do. A tad bit rude, to be compared to pigs, but..."

"Pigs are pretty intelligent, mind you..." He grinned, even if he was slightly perplexed and even more intrigued by the mention of Elders, but bombarding him with questions of his former life before industrialisation hardly seemed sensitive. "My old boyfriend had a few piglets on his uncle's farm, actually. They were pretty cute."​

"Oh, pigs are absolutely adorable, no doubt. I... I tried farming, at one point, so I had a few creatures to take care of. I had a beautiful cow that gave me the most delicious milk, when she wasn't being a drama queen... and even rabbits, aha..." He whispered, a nostalgiac smile peeling onto his face, despite the tears brimming his eyes. "It's different now, though, obviously
"

"Of course, uh... a-anyway! Have a croissant. It's a sort of pastry thing, you can have it with jam, which is basically fruit and sugar heated and whatnot and... tuck in. I don't want you reminiscing when... when it makes you upset. I don't want to be the cause of your tears," he chuckled sorrowfully, stirring the teaspoon around his mug religiously - he had to do it ten times just for his peace of mind. He was particular over some things. "And I can cook you up some bacon-- if that's not insensitive! You said you had pigs, s-so perhaps... I didn't mean to be rude, I..."​

"No, it's not. You eat what you eat, you know? If I ever needed to eat my pigs, I would have- luckily, I never had that little of food to have to resort to that. So... Yes, some pork would be nice right now." He murmured, nibbling on the croissant with a pleasant smile at the mere smell. Taking a bite, he took in the flavor before letting out a smile gasp. "Oh... O-Oh my, Alessandro? This is amazing..."

"Amazing, huh? They're shop-bought, don't go thinking I'm some whiz of a baker or something... I can do Italian food easy, with my eyes closed. Pizza? No problem. Ravioli? Easy peasy. Anything else becomes a challenge," he laughed, trudging to his feet to set sausages and bacon in the pan, deciding he wouldn't mind a bit of it either. He was more of a meat person than a pastry one, truth be told. "...I'll make pasta tonight, how about that? That'd be nice..."​

"Yeah!" He smiled, before awkwardly squirming. "Aha... Yeah, sorry. I just, it's been a really long time since I've had food more than once a day. It's sort of, uh... Odd, I suppose? Especially strange things like this pastry. Well, unless I've eaten it out of the large containers by this building."

Status
Not open for further replies.