When a Woman Falls in Love with a Man...Who is really a Vampire

Jonah growled and suddenly threw a punch, hitting the elder that had spoken in the face.

He hissed and grabbed Jonah's arm. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Protecting my family." He retorted, yanking his arm back as they all watched him with catious gazes.

"The child will be safe, it's just too dangerous to have it around humans." He retorted.

Jonah glared at him. "It's still my child and Kieara's. We can keep it here." He said, angrilly folding his arms over his chest.

"This baby will be a mutt! A hybrid! It shouldn't see the light of day be glad we're letting you have it!"

He bared his fangs at the elder. "This is my child you're talking about. Watch your mouth or I'll bust it. Got it?" He growled. He knew it wasn't a good idea to mouth off to an elder, and normally he wouldn't, but this was his family they were talking about. "Do with me what you will, but you will not touch my family."

"WE're not interested in you Jonah, but we will be back for the child.'' They spoke and left.

He glared at their backs as they left and went back into the bedroom to check on Kieara.

She was afraid and the stress was effecting the baby.

Jonah didn't know what to say as he sat down next to her and started messaging her shoulders deeply.

Kieara smiled a little as he rubbed her shoulder. "What did they say?"

His expression sadden and he sighed, lowering his hands from her shoulders. He wrapped his arms around her and leaned back, making her lean with him so that she was lying on top of his chest. He stroked her hair, debating whether or not to tell her, but then decided she had every right to know. "They said they are coming to take the child when our baby is born." He said, holding onto her.

She looked at him afraid, not only for the child, but for him since he'd be the one in the line of fire. "W-what?"

"They don't want us to have a child. They say the baby will be to dangerous, especially around humans. They will come for the child once it is born." He said the last sentance with anger in his voice. "I tried to stop them but they are intent on our baby." He sighed.

He lightly kissed the top of her head. "I won't let them take the baby." He whispered to her, feeling a tear drip onto his skin.

She looked up. "I don't want you hurt either though."

He sighed and held her closer against him, breathing in her scent, not sure of what to say. He wanted to promise her that he wouldn't get hurt, but he wasn't going to lie to her.

The baby kicked for the first time and she gasped. It scared her.