What's next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Karena was startled by the sudden hug from behind, but calmed down a bit once she recognized the familiar voice. "O-oh, hey Artemis! I-I'm doing pretty well. Aside from being startled that is." She said, leaving out the mild social anxiety part. Fake it til you make it and all that. She awkwardly got out of the tight grip he has on her and turns to face him. "So, uh...how has the night been so far for you and.....," She look behind him and saw a cute red-dressed girl. "Sienna? I'm sure you both had a more interesting experience than I. Especially since I just got here."She asked, waving to Sienna with her free hand. She always felt more conformable talking to long-time friends than her or her parents peers. A sense of familiarity is calming to her.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Er... I got offered ecstasy a minute ago. I guess that's pretty interesting... Sienna and I finished doing a few shots, pretty sure she's buzzed." He laughs and turns to Sienna, getting caught staring at her eyes. Did Karena and Sienna know each other? Probably... "So..." He nudges Karena. "Where's your date..?" He grins childishly. He was excited, who could it be? A nice girl like her HAD to have a date.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Oh, uh....I-I-I totally have a date! He's just not here right now." Well that was a bold faced lie. She went ahead and drank another shot. "What about you? Do you have a d-date? A pretty cool guy like you must have one." She asked. 'I can't believe he asked that, I mean yeah a girl like myself had to had one but....' Karena wanted it to be someone special to her but she never found that someone. 'Well at least I turned that subject away from me and over to him, at least, for the moment. Ah, I hope I don't look too embarrassed.' I thought.

He stops dead. "Er... No. Just a few friends. I have Sienna I guess. But we're not official like that..." He puts his arm around her in good manner. "I could never net this babe." he laughs. "So what's his name!" He acts overly excited, something he always does.

Sienna turned a bright red, but She knew how Karena felt. It was pretty obvious she didn't have someone. She probably came to practice not being socially awkward, another reason Sienna had come. She put her hand up to cover her wide smile. By now, she was at the Point that most things were amusing and funny.

"Look at you, already surrounded by girls" Leo smiled, as he nudged Artemis. He looked at the two girls standing with him. "How do you do it man" the boy sighed standing next to the other boy. Leo had just finished eating as much food as possible, and was now rather bored. So he had come to find someone interesting to talk to.

Karena looked like a deer in the headlights when she heard his question. "Uh, w-well, his n-name is......" she looked around, hoping she could find anything that can save her from embarrassment. Then she mentally jumped for joy when she saw another boy coming to the three. "Oh, hi there! Your name is Leo right? How has the night been going for you this far? Is it going swell? I'm sure it is!" She asked the new one. 'Please let this change the subject. Please please please!'

"Hey, yeah I'm Leo" he smiled, his blue eyes shining as he did. "Well, nothing much has happened so far, just talking to people" the boy answered her question. She looked cute, but then again so did most of the girls that went after Artemis. "What about you guys?" Leo asked. "What have you been doing?"

"Hm... How do I do it?" Artemis really had to think on this one. He was just his overly outgoing self, that's all. "Well I guess the key is to get them slightly drunk first." He laughs slightly, looking over at Sienna. He started to actually like her, maybe it was the booze, but he generally liked her. "Well my friend, I ran into Sienna here, did five shots, got offered ecstasy, and made this poor girl flustered by hugging her. Overall pretty good night!" He grins at Leo.

"Not sure getting girls drunk is the nest way to do it" Leo smiled back. He had known Artemis for some time now. But he still didn't understand the boy very well. "Sounds like a good night so far" he said, laughing as he looked at Sienna then Karena. " So whats the plan now?" Leo asked, looking around. It seemed everyone was having a good time talking, and even some people were dancing.

xxxxHolly and Clay stood on the fringes of the party. Neither of them were dressed very formally-- Holly wasn't even wearing a dress. They were sitting on the floor against one wall, scrolling through their phones and oblivious to the noise around them. Strangest of all, both of them were stone-cold sober. Clay flicked Holly's forehead without looking up. "This sucks."
xxxxHolly groaned. "I knooow. I didn't realize this would just be a whole bunch of our horny classmates abusing drugs and alcohol." She punched Clay's shoulder when he gave her an 'I told you so' look. Technically he was her date, but they were in no way romantically involved. They were just best friends who happened to be bored that night and had remembered that their school was conveniently holding a prom.

xxxxThe girl stood up and slipped her phone into her pocket, ignoring her friend's protests when she pulled him up as well. "C'mon, let's get trashed and regret it in the morning!" she exclaimed excitedly, her black eyes flashing. Clay knew he was too apathetic to do anything to stop her, so he just shoved his hands into his pockets and followed her with a sulky sigh and a short "I'll drive you home."
xxxxHolly was unassuming at school. She didn't draw much attention form outside her small group of friends, so she only knew a few people here. However, she was feeling bold tonight; it was the end of the year and she'd never been that drunk before, so why not have the experience before she graduated Foreweather? She stumbled into a group of people (Leo, Artemis, Sienna, and Karena), shouting to be heard over the music, "Where can I abuse some alcohol?" like the dork she was. Clay trailed a few steps behind, facepalming quietly.​

Leo was waiting for a response until suddenly someone was shouting into his ear. He turned around to see a girl, she looked kind of strange not wearing formal cloths. But he wasn't really looking at her clothing, he was dazed by her face. Leo had never really noticed this girl before, but he wished he had. A soft blush came over his cheeks as he looked at the girl, but it was hardly noticeable in the dark. "Yeah i'm pretty sure some is over there" he said, pointing over to one of the tables.

xxxxHolly smiled at the boy who answered her, tucking lock of black hair behind her ear to see him better. He looked a little stunned, but she had just barged in shouting at him and his friends. "Oh really? Thanks," she replied, heading over to the table he had pointed out. She didn't bother with the shot glasses, just picked up a can of beer and tossed another one to Clay, who tutted and put it back down. Holly opened the can and downed a few gulps too fast. She coughed and spluttered for a bit while Clay patted her back-- he was such an unwilling mom friend. Alcohol tasted like what she imagined motor oil tasted like and always would to her, but it wasn't like they were offering apple juice. She knew simply drinking would get old fast, so she turned back to the boy who had answered her, putting a hand on his arm. "My name's Holly! What's yours?" she asked.

xxxxDamn, Clay hoped Holly knew how much she owed him. If she ended up getting wasted and being a hassle to bring back home, then she owed him at least two big favors. He hoped he wouldn't have to nurse her through her hangover. Clay wasn't interested in fucking with his head at all-- there were ways to have fun without killing brain cells. Holly went to go flirt with some guy, and he was left to his own devices by the beer table. What else was there to do here other than get wasted? Lurk with the dealers in the dark corners? Join the kids outside graffiti-ing the walls?

When Holly approached and did what she did, Sienna couldn't contain herself anymore. She walked away for five seconds, took a folding chair from the side of the room, and brought it back. She unfolded it and sat down in it. She had a major giggling fit, in which she covered her mouth and kicked her feet slightly. She was tearing up and was seriously pink.
"Okay, so I can't control my alcohol as well as I thought." She said in her mind.
She calmed down into smaller groups of laughs. She put her head in her hand, still smiling.

Leo blushed as he felt her hand on his arm. He looked away slightly as he answered her question "My names Leo" he said. He was never great around girls he liked, he would always get way to nervous around them. It was weird since he had such a bold personality most of the time.

Upon having this girl charge in a nd start yelling, Artemis looked a bit shocked. Then Sienna sat on a chair and laughed maniacally for a bit. Maybe it was too much alcohol... He noticed that Leo was a little hesitant with this girl, meaning that he liked her. Artemis walks over to Leo, just beside him. "Hi there! I'm Leo's right hand man." He nods to Holly. "Anyway, I need to talk to him for... A second or two. Sorry." He smiles and punches Leo's shoulder in a friendly manner. He whispers "Come on..." to him and walk out of earshot of Sienna and Holly.

Karena was startled when Holly did that, but then again she was startled by a lot of things. She drank another shot and noticed the boy that came with Holly. 'Oh wow he's cute.' she thought. 'I guess I could go talk to him since everyone else seems busy. Yeah, I-I'll go do that!' Karena walked up to Clay. "Hello! How are you?" she asked him.

"Excuse me" Leo said to the small group as he was almost dragged off by Artemis. Once they were out of ear shot, Leo's small blush faded almost instantly. "What do you want to talk about?" he asked, his shinning eyes seemed to fade slightly. This signaled his slight annoyance with the situation. But Leo knew Artemis well, and he knew that he would have a reason for this. Probably advise.

xxxx"Nice to meet you, Leo!" Holly said! She was in the sort of mood where everything had to end with an exclamation mark (!), and she took a few more swigs of the beer in her hand. Ugh. She repressed a shudder at the taste, hoping she could get used to it as the night wore on. She turned to Leo and opened her mouth to speak, when someone approached them. "Hello, right hand man," she sing-songed. "It's okay. Have fun!" She waved goodbye to the two of them, wondering if she would talk to either of them again. Did they think she was weird? Had that been a rescue in disguise? Speaking of which, where was her right hand man?

xxxxClay had pulled out his phone again and was thinking about calling someone to complain. "Hello! How are you?" an effeminate voice asked, and he looked up to see a girl with pale hair that seemed to glow under the flashing lights of the party. He decided to be straight-up. "I'm regretting coming here," he answered. "But, uh, you seem cool. Are you here with your friends?" Clay wasn't dying to know, but making conversation with a nice girl was better than playing Candy Crush by himself.

Artemis watches Leo's eyes dim. "Oh calm down. I'm just giving you some advice." Artemis brushes his hair out of his face. "Look, I know how flustered you get around girls you like. So here's something for you..." He waves over at Holly and Sienna making sure they know he still knows they exist. "...For the love of god, make her try to chase you a bit. Don't act like you need her in your life or else you'll die... Girls hate over attached people." He puts one finger up signalling a small halt in speaking. " Be a gentleman though." He nudges his shoulder. "Let's see you get some results champ." He smiles and walks back over to Sienna and Holly. "Sorry about that! I just had to tell Leo that he owes me five bucks still." He smiles awkwardly and looks to Leo hoping he won't be too annoyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.