What really grinds your gears?

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
E671B4BF-6AC5-4928-9FA3-F00C9DA4CA41_zpsjlorg1r9.jpg

This. This bloody thing. This was my grandmother's chair. My family inherited it after she passed away nearly 4 years ago; and ever since then the bloody cat's been tearing away at it and it really, really just gets on my nerves, for what I hope are obvious reasons. He has a scratching post, but that was abandoned as soon as he saw this. I'm the only one that seems to care for some reason, even though I know for a fact that the rest of family is aware of what he's doing. Have they forgotten about the sentimental value behind this chair? They must have.

Saying hello to someone who looks you directly in the eyes only for them to say nothing.

People that kick the back of your chair at a movie or in school.

People who pretend to like you. Then you show weakness and they feast upon you like locusts.

Fuck em'.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
Saying hello to someone who looks you directly in the eyes only for them to say nothing.
I've recently developed an annoyance for this myself. For the past few weeks I've been working weekday graveyard shift security at an office building, so I'm there at a desk in the lobby until 7:30 AM, which means I see a lot of people come in every morning. Part of my job is greeting people who come in, and the ones who make eye contact then say nothing and make no other acknowledgement of it are irritating.

Reactions: Ragnar Lothbrok
Music blasting outside the car, especially if it's some shitty rap music. Another thing is when people have their headphones on so fucking loud I can hear them from a mile away. Turn it down, would you? I don't need to hear about a girl riding you and making you feel out of this world or how your anaconda doesn't. I can't stand that. People are sleeping- I hear fucking music at six o'clock in the morning! Have some damn courtesy moron!

I also can't stand people who can't drive. I'm talking about people who don't turn their headlights on early in the morning, on at night, don't use turn signals when it's pretty fucking obvious you need to use a turn signal, driving the wrong way, and, just today, an idiotic driver drove straight across the road- their wheels weren't even turned. I mean, they literally drove straight across without bothering to turn their wheels to the left. They were right in front of another person, blocking the damn roadway. What the fuck? You call that shit driving? Why don't you get your learner's permit again and actually learn what it means to turn the fricking wheels?

A grinder.

*SNYeURK*

Honest answer though? Immaturity. And I don't mean immaturity in the sense most people think, like acting like a kid or making silly puns or having fun. I actually mean a "lacking in character". Someone who prouds themselves or belittles others because they don't feel their behaviour is appropriate of someone worthwhile, and holds this ego that they're "into the finer things" or have a sense of "I'm smarter".

It's because it's hypocritical to me. Character, or maturity, is having a great sense of grounding and understanding of who you are, both downfalls and strengths, accepting them, and being willing to take liability of them even if it sets him apart from the group. He's not looking for others validation, he's not looking for "the amount of debates" he's won, and when he's wrong or proven wrong, he'll often accept it. He'll not play to trying to besmirch others in order to maintain face, and he's willing to both accept the childish and immature actions he does for what they are, as well as recognize his own means to actualizing greater things within his life or the communities.

When I meet people who are trying to stand on the heads of others to get to the top of a ladder, or even do the whole "ugh I hate i'm popular" spiel as a means of "kinda bragging but not really" instead of fully accepting that he does care and at least openly brag about it. It shows a weakness in character, it's ugly, it shows someone who hasn't learned how to react to the dynamics of social situations and recognize that in the end it's about learning acceptance and formalities to accommodate and lift others in need, and instead has became this cancer, forever trying to re-enforce how "proper" or "high brow" or "smart" they are at the expense of others. And when people praise them, the action will not matter, but rather the person who praised them instead - if the other person is worthwhile, they'll return it in a "humble brag" fashion, and if it's done by a lowly person, it will be met with curt acknowledgement at best. And it's painful, because the "lowly fan", is often more honest, and more open, and with more character to put themselves in that situation to be "measured through response" than the person they praise, and neither will recognize that.

Because they may be intelligence, and they may legitimately prefer the decorum and content within high society, but it will never be to the extent they're trying to re-enforce their own self identity on. They, instead of simply appreciating it and using it to find similarities between them and others of all walks of life, will use it to cover their own pathetic problems and unresolved childhood issues, they'll never claim to try something they might fail at, and they'll always be looking to group-think to try and push red-herring scape goats on others.

They're cowards, and they're petty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest answer though? Immaturity. And I don't mean immaturity in the sense most people think, like acting like a kid or making silly puns or having fun. I actually mean a "lacking in character". Someone who prouds themselves or belittles others because they don't feel their behaviour is appropriate of someone worthwhile, and holds this ego that they're "into the finer things" or have a sense of "I'm smarter".
Yep. I couldn't put it better myself if I tried.

People who believe that becoming loud, confrontational will get them whatever they want. Err....nope, try again.

When you put shit in the washer, come back when its done, and realize you forgot to put detergent in with the load.

Son.
Of.
A.
Bitch!

• Love
When people mutter behind you in an elevator after you accidentally press the wrong button, and when it opens to let someone off say in a not so quiet voice, "How did that happen?" and hate it when you answer them with logic "Someone hit the button to get off. And people surprisingly make mistakes, if this is the worst of your day you are lucky."

And then proceed to berate you for you finally having enough, being stuck in a elevator and being claustrophobic, and calling others names when they lose a side of an argument.

That grinds my gears. People, just people. And elevators. Oh and you, person in the corner, I know that was you that made that. In that small crowded elevator.

The fact that it's illegal to buy a nuke and peacefully detonate it in a unoccupied desert environment simply for the sake of watching raw power unfold before you.

That really grinds my gears.

• Love