What Lurks Beneath the Sky

(( I'm getting onto him to put up a post now. :) ))

"Glad you could join us," Andy said, grinning. She waved to Veela and Asura, turning to punch a hunter that had come at her. The force of the punch knocked him into a wall, cracking his school. Andrea dusted herself off, "A job well done if you ask me."

She smiled, "The bastards disturbed my sleep though. They obviously know you should never wake up a vampire."

((Where did everyone go? :O))

Zaresh walked down the street, mostly hidden by his high-collared longcoat and bowler hat. Even if one were to get a good look at him, his face was mostly covered in bandages. All one could tell from looking was that he had medium-length, dark brown hair and gold eyes. He had arrived just that night, and had so far been fortunate enough not to run into any Magehunters. He was confidant enough that he could convince them he wasn't a mage is he ran into any, but he preferred not be bothered with it.

(I'm not intruding am I?)

(( I'm not sure. Grant and Gregor seem to have given up, Victor is still with Maggie and Veela is with Asura. I've been doing a tiny bit of 'strategic advancement' as the GM just to get this thread moving along. It would be a giant shame if it died...))

Asura hugged Andy quickly and grasped her by the shoulders. "Are you okay?" he asked. After loosing many men during his gurellia warfare days, he had to take every precaution to make sure that he didn't lose another friend. He looked in her eyes by the light of a magically generated spark to check her for concussion. No concussion, which was good. Nothing else seemed to be wrong. He checked Veela for any injury. "Are you alright, love?" he asked her.

((I shan't allow that >:[ Anyway, I bet they're busy and can't get on. I haven't seen Vinyl for a couple of days. They'll post soon ^^;))

"Don't worry, I can handle a few hunters," Andy replied, laughing. "Anyway, I should've been more careful sneaking in here. They must've seen me." She looked around the warehouse. "Maybe they even have cameras..." she suggested quietly. "We should get out of here."

Andrea jumped to the open window, pulling herself through. She landed in a crouch on the other side. Looking around, she checked the streets for any Magehunter patrols.

"Agreed..." said Asura. He looked at Vee who seemed genuinely shocked. "Sorry... I... I got carried away. I can't say that I don't enjoy killing Hunters. I'll even go as far as to say that I revel in killing those... bastards." said Asura ashamedly. "I have wanted for so long just to make them suffer for what they do to our kind. Today, I had the opportunity to make just one suffer and I took it. Can you blame me?"

((Raven and Gregor seemed to have given up. I've just been waiting for an entrance.))
Grant Swung his sword lazily around as he wandered down to where all the action had just happened. "So I missed out hey?" He strode through the entrace to the warehouse. "You shouldn't worry about killing them." Grant knelt down and started rifling through the pockets of one of the hunters. "A lion doesn't hide from a Zebra. A lion has claws to hunt, it is meant to kill, to destroy". Grant stood up, his prize is his hands. He slid his sword slowly through the chest of the hunter, making sure he was dead. "We have this magic to kill, not to hide. Why ignore what we were born to do? Even more so for a vampire." He turned to Andy. "You are a vampire, a killing machine, born to live off the life of others, why ignore what you are?" Grant removed the sword from the hunters chest, the soft squelch of blood being drawn from the body. "That captain is going to come looking for this group. As much as i love killing i don't really want to fight an entire army so maybe we should hit the road?" Grant flicked the blood of the sword and placed it back in the sheath.

"You got here a bit late, Grant, was it? Missed all the fun. Oh, and dont worry, they're dead." said Asura cheekily. "Your opinion may be that we are born to kill is one that we do not share. No offence ment by it, but I use my powers to defend myself and others. I used to think the same as you untill everyone that I cared about died around me in a sea of death and sand and blood brought down by the Hunters. We didn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell. I just hope that It doesn't come to that for you." said Asura more seriously now. "I'll tell you something else. They use us. Yes, USE US! Those that they capture, they break thier minds and use them to seek other mages and destroy them. I just pray that they don't remember who they were. So before you go on your crusade to strike at the very hive that the hornets sleep within, I suggest you think very carefully about whether you want to come out alive or even human." said Asura sadly with a hint of frustration. He feared for Grant's temper would get him killed or worse one day. He didn't want to see another mage or sub-human die. Not now, not ever.

Andy sighed, going back in through the same entrance as Grant. "He's right you know," she said, "Asura, I had the chance to escape today, I did. I saw it, but instead I toyed with them. I broke their necks, for fun." Andrea knelt down by a body and cut open the neck, drawing blood. "Maybe it is because I'm a vampire. I like killing them and drinking their blood. Honestly though, I don't want a war. But when push comes to shove... Vampires are senseless killing machines."

She licked her blood stained hand. "I'm rather... Torn." Andy knew that what she had done, she did for the joy of it.

"I see..." said Asura. "So just because you are a Vamp you take to killing for fun, not to feed. Victor didn't get to his age by being reckless. That Hunter was about to put a round through your neck and you were none the wiser, were you? That is what you get for being careless." Asura then turned to Grant. "Were you followed? Not that you care, because you could probably handle them by yourself, but what about putting the rest of us in danger? I can understand that there was probably not a single person in your life that has layed a friendly hand nor kind eye upon you and that is why you hate so much. Let me be the first to do so." said Asura, shaking Grant's hand warmly. "You... Weren't followed, were you?" he asked nervously.

((We really need Vynil to post soon. Don't wanna leave them behind too much))

Zaresh tried to keep his face in his coat as he passed by a group of Magehunters, all of whom seemed on alert at the moment. He guessed they were searching for a mage in the area, and silently cursed. Panicked hunters were often less reasonable, and unreasonable hunters were less likely to leave him alo-

"You there! Sir?"

"Sure enough..." Zaresh sighed. He tried to turn in a way that kept his bandages hidden, but the hunter shined a flashlight right in his face as he approached. Another bad sign. Zaresh had one hand up trying to block the light. "What is it officer?"

The hunter was leering at him already. The bandages never helped these situations. "Now's not the time for your everyday civilian to be out and about you know. More a time for mages to be running around." The hunter was starting to move around Zaresh now. This was going downhill fast.

"Well, I just got he-"

"Where from? Or better yet, where are you going?" the hunter interrupted. "And what's with your face, huh? Got something to hide under there?" More of the hunters nearby had approached, and were surrounding him now. Zaresh was not going to leave peacefully.

He sighed. "I just had to run into the most unreasonable squad in the city, didn't I?" With that he made a wide gesture and ran as the hunters were blown away by a giant blast of wind. He could hear them getting back up after he had gotten a short distance away, and ducked into an alley as they opened fire. By the time they reached the alley, Zaresh had already flown up onto a building and was leaping from rooftop to rooftop eventually stopping on top of a warehouse some distance from them. He was pretty sure they wouldn't find him here.

Surprised by a loud bang on the tin roof of the warehouse, Asura charged twin bolts in his fists and readied himself for more bloodshed. "Enough, already..." sighed Asura. He waited for another noise to singnify the precense of more than one assailant before he started throwing bolts. He launchede himself up onto a couple of crates and leant out the window stealthily to see who or what was on the roof. He saw a man in a flowing cloak with a high collar and a bowler hat, not your typical Hunter getup. Asura trusted his instincts. "Hey! You! Get in here! Now!" said Asura in a shouted whisper.

(No hood. High collar and bowler hat.)

Zaresh had been surprised to find the warehouse occupied, and jumped down from the roof, a cushion of air softening his landing. He entered the warehouse and tipped his hat to the group. "Sorry if I worried you, I didn't think anyone would be in here."

"Ladies now would be a good time to draw our weapons." The sound of hunters boots on concrete rang through the streets. Grant turned to Asura, "So pup, fight or flight? I may be able to kill them all but i don't really want to mess up this shirt." Grant spoke new comer "Whats your name, clearly an air mage by your landing, you good in a fight?"

"I vow to never kill for fun again," Andy said, putting a hand on her chest. "I respect that old vampire, and therefore shall strive to be like him." Despite maybe sounding like sarcasm, Andrea was completely serious.

She stood silently until she heard the loud bang on the roof. "I think... It's a mage," she said, even before he came in through the window. Once he was inside, Andy greeted him. "Ahoy! Have you brought more hunters?" she asked. She turned to Asura, nodding. "Shall we fight? We still have time to escape."

"Oh dear, persistent ones aren't they?" It was then he noticed the dead hunters in the warehouse. "I suggest flight. I can fight if I must, but I prefer to avoid it when possible." He shrugged. "Though I suppose I'll go with what you lot decide."

What th-?S-STO-GGGGAAAHHH!!

For a moment, rain pounded against the roof of the warehouse, all but drowning out the cries of pain and death. After a few more minutes, a door creaked open.

"So, you guys just going to stay in there?"

(( I'm still waiting for vinyl to post before I continue the story too far. Sorry guys. ))