What Lurks Beneath the Sky

Asura listened to all of the suggestions. "We can't fight this many at this time. there is an absolute metric shittonne of them patrolling the city now. Somebody has them busy, real busy. If we fight, they will swarm us and kill us. I don't like Grant's idea either as he will probably lead us to a messy death or worse. Our only option that will keep us ALIVE is to head out into the outskirts and then into the countryside where the Hunter's numbers are few and far between rather than this beehive... I don't want to lose anyone anymore. Not like last time..." said Asura quietly as the convoy passed. His mind raced back to a time of blood and fire. He envisioned people, mages and sub-humans he once knew falling all around him, crushed under the sheer numbers of the Hunters. He remembered taking a bullet to the abdominal region and collapsing into a haze of bloody concrete and mud. Just as a Hunter was about to clean him up, he saw Pete, outstretched hand, the Hunter crying out in pure, unabiding agony as it fell silent, it's brain having been ruptured by a mere word; Kill. He was picked up and carried off by his hero before snapping back to reality with a slight jolt.

"Not like last time..." he muttered. "I promised my self... Never again... And besides, I have something to live for now..." he said calmly, brushing Veela's face that was illuminated by the smog-choked dawn light.

Gregor slammed his shoulder into the stomach of the large hunter. The sound made from this action was as loud as thunder. He summoned his Dark Snakes, and each of them attached to the chest of the hunter, tearing through the synthetic metal and tearing out organs and wires. The hunter grabbed both snakes, and whipped them at the wall, causing the summon contract to be broken. The hunters who had been laughing, noticed exactly what Gregor had. The hunter, was weak now. As Gregor thought, the hunter whipped his hand around and caught Gregor, squeezing him with immense power. Gregor screamed, and blood emerged from his mouth as he coughed. His used dark power to from a protective cocoon around his body, and as the hunter squeezed, dark spikes flew out as a porcupines quills would, causing him to drop Gregor, and leaving the cocoon behind. Gregor knew he was outmatched, and so he teleported to Asura with the last of his power.

(By the way, Injuries Contracted Include: Broken Ribs (x 4), shattered phalanges)

"The countryside huh?" Andy repeated. "Are there any sanctuaries out there?" She looked around, making sure she was completely hidden in shadows. For now, she knew she'd be safe though, as long as they stayed hidden. Of course, getting out of the city would be slightly harder. There were alleys all over, but by now hunters may be watching them. Andy doubted that they wouldn't be watching rooves either, they had to have figured it out by now.

Andrea was about to say something when Gregor appeared beside Asura. He looked bloody and beaten, close to collapsing. "Woah! We need some medical help!" she half-shouted.

"Oh gods... What have you gotten yourself into?" said Asura calmly. He studied Gregor's battered and broken body. "Looks like a few broken ribs, possibly fingers as well..." said Asura. Gregor spluttered and coughed up a little bit of blood. "Shitshitshit... Internal bleeding. One of the ribs probably punctured a lung. He's prone to infection. We need to make it to the slums before his damage is too far gone. I can use a slight amount of illusion magic to dull the pain slightly but that's all I can do until we get to the slums..." said Asura. His face was wrought with a concerned and almost suffering look. He waved his hand over Gregor's chest, putting a dulling ward in place so that they could move him. "Come on, big fella..." said Asura hoisting him up and over his shoulder. "We need to move..." he said to the others, motioning them to follow.

Gregor sighed a sigh of relief after the dulling ward. While riding on Asura, Gregor used the bit of magic he regained to show Asura what he was up against, transmitting the thought to Asura, giving him a clear picture of what they were up against...
white-knight-chronicles-wallpaper-4.jpg

Asura kept moving with the others, the thought of the cyborg behemoth fresh in his skull. There was no way that anyone could beat something like that in single combat. He swallowed hard as sweat began to bead on his forehead. "You did well..." said Asura proudly to the limp Gregor, slung about his shoulders. He gathered up a little more magic that Pete had tought him. Words of power. Simple ones didn't take much for him, but it was the ones that harmed others that were way out of his league. "Rest." said Asura flatly as he held his hand inches over Gregor's eyes. Gregor went slightly more limp now. "That should help the pain a little more. You need to rest anyway... You deserve it, big fella..." he said as he and the group trudged on towards their destination.

Zaresh kept to the rear of the group, thinking about recent events as he walked. He wondered if he should continue following this group, or return to the city and see what he could find there. Avoiding Hunters would be a simple matter after changing into some more common clothes, and he was fairly certain there were still things he needed to do there. But he decided that, for now, he would stay with this group. "Hey, Asura? Do we have a particular destination right now, or...?"

Andrea sighed as she quietly followed them. She hadn't spoken a word since Gregor showed up, bloody and beaten. Mainly because if she spoke, her fangs would show clearly. They had gotten longer at the smell of blood, and she didn't want to seem like she was hungry. It was just a instinct; smell blood, out come fangs.

Andy looked up at the others. Limp Gregor on Asura's shoulder, silent Veela walking alongside. Zaresh, who they had just met. They were just a small band of mages, and she was a delinquent vampire. A bloodlusting delinquent. The thought made Andy smile.

Asura looked back over his shoulder to see Andy smile. Typical vampyre phisiology suggested that in times of hunger, a vampyre's fangs would extend slightly. "It's alright Andy, we will be at the slums soon. They have a good supply of blood packs, seeing as how a good portion of thier citizenship as it were are vampyres. Nosferatu, mainly, but I'm sure we'll all get along just fine." said Asura as the group continued on. They had just started to enter the grottyer part of the city and were almost at the slums where he knew a few people who could give Gregor treatment and some proper medical attention.

Raven's face was creased with a deep frown as they moved along. Her mind was focused on two things, one being the wounds obtained by the Dark Mage.*Only one thing could...They didn't... MARKIUS!* 'You bastard....'[Just who is Ravenlocke? *Devious smile*]

Andy smiled and kept walking. "Now that you mention it, I am famished," she said. "So, how much longer to this place?"

((Short reply, sorry D:))

((really sorry for the wait guys! Had no access to the Internet for quite some time but I should be posting a little more regularly now ;) ))

Asura looked over his shoulder to answer Andy's question. "We aren't far now. A few blocks, not even that. We're almost there". Said Asira confidently a the group strode onwards, racing against time now due to Gregor's injuries. After they reached the slums they should be clear of the majority of the Hunter parades. "How is everyone else doing back there?" he asked the group, making sure no-one had fallen behind.