What are you playing today?

Okami OwO and Minecraft :D

• Love
Reactions: Joan
Got Burnout Paradise for 2.50 in the steam sale. Nostalgia~~~~

I like to go vroomvroom very fast ye know?

Reactions: Lockheart
Finally got my Switch for Christmas, so playing BotW. Anyone have advice for killing the Stone Talus in the Great Plateau? Also, any advice for controlling the damn camera? Never had a game with an adjustable camera before. Still love the game, just a bit of a learning curve for me.

Been in like some strange Final Fantasy kick. Especially after this Steam Sale, I just said fuck it and bought them all on my computer so I don't have to bust out various other devices to play them.

So far I have already beaten 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, and 8. Currently playing 6 and 13 on and off, switching between the two.

Finally got my Switch for Christmas, so playing BotW. Anyone have advice for killing the Stone Talus in the Great Plateau? Also, any advice for controlling the damn camera? Never had a game with an adjustable camera before. Still love the game, just a bit of a learning curve for me.

o3o You control the camera pretty much entirely with the right analog stick. It's a little hard to get the hang of at first, but soon it'll come pretty naturally. (If you ever plan on getting Mario Odyssey, it has the exact same camera controls, so the muscle memory translates over seamlessly. Which is nice.)

As for the Stone Talus, there should be a pointy rock bit either on its back or the top of its head or somewhere like that. That's its weak spot for you to attack (as it's the only way to deal any damage). You should also be able to Z-target onto that weak spot. If you've already found the weak spot but just can't deal enough damage, then uh... you might just have to wait until you have access to stronger weapons.

There are lots of boss fights like that hidden around the map, but none of them are mandatory to progress the story forward (except for maybe a few side quests, but there are LOTS of side quests in the game, all of which are of course optional as well). And if you're still on the Great Plateau then you might not be strong enough to fight a Stone Talus yet. XD Good news is, you also don't have to fight it.

I recommend marking the location of it with a stamp on your map. o3o Not only will that prevent you from accidentally walking into it again, but it'll also let you know where it is if/when you decide to come back for it when you're stronger.

Played Terraria, Minecraft, and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes. Terraria is much more fun that I expected, MC is fun as always, and Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes can be tricky XD

• Love
Reactions: Eru
Picked Dark Souls 3 back up today. Just got into the Boreal Valley

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Eru
o3o You control the camera pretty much entirely with the right analog stick. It's a little hard to get the hang of at first, but soon it'll come pretty naturally. (If you ever plan on getting Mario Odyssey, it has the exact same camera controls, so the muscle memory translates over seamlessly. Which is nice.)

As for the Stone Talus, there should be a pointy rock bit either on its back or the top of its head or somewhere like that. That's its weak spot for you to attack (as it's the only way to deal any damage). You should also be able to Z-target onto that weak spot. If you've already found the weak spot but just can't deal enough damage, then uh... you might just have to wait until you have access to stronger weapons.

There are lots of boss fights like that hidden around the map, but none of them are mandatory to progress the story forward (except for maybe a few side quests, but there are LOTS of side quests in the game, all of which are of course optional as well). And if you're still on the Great Plateau then you might not be strong enough to fight a Stone Talus yet. XD Good news is, you also don't have to fight it.

I recommend marking the location of it with a stamp on your map. o3o Not only will that prevent you from accidentally walking into it again, but it'll also let you know where it is if/when you decide to come back for it when you're stronger.
Know the Talus' weakness, but it's almost impossible to get close enough to him to take it out. And yeah, my weapons aren't the strongest right now. Thinking I might have to come back after I get the paraglider and find an iron sledgehammer to really stand a chance against him.

I know he's optional, but I want his loot. I want to buy some gear when I finally set out for the first village.

Also, know how the camera works, but it's such an alien feeling having control of it that it hinders more than helps at times. And as for not being strong enough - I've shield-bashed two guardians without taking damage. Those are supposed to be the problem guys. You probably are right, though, and I just need to get good.

Know the Talus' weakness, but it's almost impossible to get close enough to him to take it out. And yeah, my weapons aren't the strongest right now. Thinking I might have to come back after I get the paraglider and find an iron sledgehammer to really stand a chance against him.

Mmmm, you might just need to come back when you have more hearts, then. So that he can't just one-hit you. :P

Stone Taluses also get easier once you gain a certain ability from a certain not-dungeon later in the game. (Youuuuu'll see.)

Oh, and bows/arrows. Those can be helpful, too -- so you can shoot at the weak spot from a distance.

I know he's optional, but I want his loot. I want to buy some gear when I finally set out for the first village.

XD I think you'll probably make out fine by selling whatever other loot you come across on your way to the next village. It's a bit of a long walk. :P

Also, know how the camera works, but it's such an alien feeling having control of it that it hinders more than helps at times.

Mmm. Well, like I said, I think it's just a matter of practicing and getting used to it.

Not sure how much this helps, but: a lot of the time, if you're changing directions, I find that you can keep the camera angle pretty consistent if you use the two analog sticks in-sync with each other. If Link's turning left, then you're also going to want to point the camera more to the left, so just... go left on both analog sticks.

...Unless the camera controls are reversed. In which case, ignore that comment. I honestly can't remember off the top of my head, since I've had the game (plus Odyssey) for long enough now that I've had plenty of time to get used to the camera controls, and I don't really need to think about it anymore. (Which is good, because I'm shit at spatial reasoning, so trying to think too hard about it just confuses me more. XD )

ALTHOUGH, if I recall correctly, there is an option somewhere in the game's settings that lets you reverse or un-reverse the camera controls, depending on which suits you better. (Which MIGHT actually only refer to the first-person bits with the optional gyroscope-based aiming, rather than the normal third-person camera, now that I think about it... I'd have to fire up the game again and take a closer look for myself.)

But yeah, I remember being really confused by the camera controls at first, as well. Really the best advice I can probably give is to just practice until you get used to it.

Hopefully you'll grow to like the camera controls as much as I do now. XD I got Pokemon Ultra Sun for Christmas and my right thumb keeps instinctively reaching for an analog stick that doesn't exist. XD I feel so blind not being able to make constant micro-adjustments to the camera angle anymore!

And as for not being strong enough - I've shield-bashed two guardians without taking damage. Those are supposed to be the problem guys.

Holy shit! I'm honestly really impressed. o.o Do you mean you just snuck up on the stationary ones and hit them repeatedly without them being able to fight back? (Because I know I've found one guardian that I can easily sneak up on in such a way to farm for ancient parts... so it wouldn't be surprising to know that there are probably others.) Or do you mean one of the walking ones? O.o

Last edited:
Holy shit! I'm honestly really impressed. o.o Do you mean you just snuck up on the stationary ones and hit them repeatedly without them being able to fight back? (Because I know I've found one guardian that I can easily sneak up on in such a way to farm for ancient parts... so it wouldn't be surprising to know that there are probably others.) Or do you mean one of the walking ones? O.o

No, the stationary ones by the bomb trial. Still on the Plateau (kinda milking it). I deflected their eye blasts with my Boko-shield.

No, the stationary ones by the bomb trial. Still on the Plateau (kinda milking it). I deflected their eye blasts with my Boko-shield.

WAHT. I can barely deflect their blasts with the super-fancy shields from late in the game. O_o

Apparently shield strength doesn't matter. Just timing. Screwed up and broke shield first time, but thankfully had an extra. I honestly thought you needed a metal one to make it work, but figured I'd try it.

Have two sledgehammers now, one more heart, and minutes from getting paraglider. Might be able to kill that darn Stone Talus. If I can get the drop on him...

I picked up Dragon Age Inquisition again, it's been a while so that's fun. After that I want to do another run of Mass Effect Andromeda (I did enjoy the game a lot the first time and Jaal is my bby).

I recently bought Okami HD, I never finished that when I had it on the PS2, and I'm waiting to grab Assassin's Creed Origins on a good sale. Dragon Ball FighterZ comes out in January, so I'm looking forward to that as well, and I sometimes play Minecraft on my brother's server.

I also bought Little Nightmares on sale a while ago, which I still haven't started yet, and I'm halfway through INSIDE. And once my friend in Puerto Rico has power again (eventually >>; ) we plan on playing Left 4 Dead 2 together. It's been years since I've last played that, same for her, so we're probably gonna absolutely SUCK at it. It's gonna be hilarious, definitely gonna record everything because I'm expecting a lot of bloopers and epic fails.

Reactions: Lockheart
I got a lot of games for Christmas, and I'm going to be trying to play all of those sometime in the following days o.o They are:
-Terraria (Played some already, going to be playing more because I quite enjoy it~)
-Tabletop Simulator (Haven't done much more than the tutorial, but I'm hoping to try it out soon)
-Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes (hooboy this is fun and intense)
-Half-Life 1 and 2 (need to start on these)
-Stardew Valley (was already playing with family sharing, heheh)
-Undertale
-7 Days to Die
-The Long Dark (booted this up last night and it was FUN)
-The Escapists 2

I was also recently gifted Stellaris and Don't Starve Together, and while they aren't technically Christmas things, I still plan to play them along with the other games. I did start up Stellaris, but was too mentally exhausted already to get very far XD

I will also be playing Minecraft, because Minecraft is always fun ^.^

• Love
Reactions: Lockheart and Eru
Alien: Isolation.

To help with my sleep, of course

Reactions: Legens Legentis
Alien: Isolation.

To help with my sleep, of course
I wish I could simultaneously rate this "Love" and "You Need a Hug" because a facehugger is too darn appropriate here

• Love
Reactions: Kuno
Finally got around to playing Hollow Knight and man is it fun

I got back into Space Engineers over the Christmas week I had off. Spent like an hour just gathering the materials I would need for the construction of all the components. It involved propelling myself forward toward an asteroid and cutting off propulsion to allow me to coast at high speed. I may or may not have underestimated how quickly I could slow down. Possibly found myself going splat against one of those asteroids.

Eventually I gathered every material type. Then I constructed a mining ship to make material gathering easier. Four drills mounted around the cockpit frame provided a simple design. But then I decided to get cheeky and use the extendable pistons. Well the pistons evidently create some kind of janky movement issues because the ship would completely lose it's ability to compensate. I tried creating a counterweight on one end and loaded up with thrusters for better control. But it made only a moderate improvement and ultimately I removed the pistons.

I fitted the drills with the conveyor tubes and hooked two ejectors. When activated the ejectors will spit everything out of the drills. A collector conversely acts like a vacuum and catches anything within a radius around it's entrance. So I finally had an efficient means of supplying large quantities of materials.

It's very tedious. But it gave me something do for a good while.

I jumped around between that and Total War Fall of the Samurai, the best of the Total War series. Which in turn made me reinstall Total War Warhammer. I also briefly got to play Human Fall Flat with friends. Until the internet of the person hosting effectively died. We still haven't been able to play because of it.

Last edited: