We're in this War Together (AngelFire and CrimsonMaiden)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Her face suddenly felt very hot as she swallowed down the ramen. "Uh...most people hug. Why?" She put down her cup of ramen so she wouldn't eat anymore, sort of afraid of choking from what he'd say next. Isis took a deep breath. The question was obviously innocent but the way he asked it was just the way he asked it. Yeah, she had been by herself way too long.

"How do you do that?" He asked, sitting up and looking at her with a tilted head. "That word doesn't come up in my language in the translator."

Isis fell forward on her hands and was very glad she had the foresight to put her ramen down. "It's just an embrace. Here, stand up." She stood up and wiped her hands on her pants then motioned for him to come to her.

He stood up and walked over to her. Waiting for her to show him.

She stood close and put her arms around him, under his arms. "This is weird because you're so tall, but you're suppose to hug me back. Just do what I do." It was indeed strange because he was so tall but it reminded her of when she used to hug her uncle. Isis gave a small smile and closed her eyes.

Rikyo blinked and bent down,sliding his arms under hers and wrapping them around her. He stood back up and basically picked her up, holding her in his arms. "Like this?" He asked. He found this kind of weird.

Isis' eyes flew open and her legs swung under her. Her arms tightened around him instinctively. "Y-Yeah, like that. Just, uh...." She kicked her legs a bit. "Never mind." She didn't dislike tall people but it wasn't fun being picked up so easily. "Are women on your planet as tall as the men?" It was a fairly random question but she was curious now.

"Not quite as tall, but they are certainly taller than humans." He put her back down and released. "But, I haven't met too many females from my planet, so, I wouldn't know." He stared at her. After all this time, he hadn't really taken in all of her features. Her dark skin, her big eyes.

She was glad to have her feet back on the ground and quickly relinquished her hug. She took a few steps back, as she had almost fallen with the first step, then looked up at him. "You haven't really seen a female of your own kind?" Her eyes widened. "Don't tell me there are more males than males than females on your planet." That's a scary thought. I couldn't imagine earth with more men than women. Then again... What if they just look so much like the males they can't tell, like dwarves. But I've seen lady dwarf pictures and they definitely look like women. Isis tilted her her head as her inner monologue went on and on.

"No, it's fairly even, just, I have been in the Space Force since I was very young, and there are not many females in there." He continued to watch her eyes. His mother always believe that eyes showed your true thoughts and ways. Isis' eyes are thoughtful and gentle, he noticed. the way they gazed out into the distance, looking at her own little world in her head. The way they drooped slightly and seemed strained and tired. She seemed like she might cry a lot, but only to herself. Her eyes kept secrets, they stared away, not wanting you to look inside them. He got caught up in his own thinking and didn;t realize he'd stared at her for a very long time.

Isis suddenly snapped back to reality and shook her head. How long had she been staring into space? Oops, did he say something?! She looked at him now and found that he was also staring but at her. Officially embarrassed, she walked up and pushed his arm. "Hey, stop staring at me, it's creepy!" She walked around him, picked up her ramen cup and sat on the bed with her legs stretched out.

He blushed intensely. "Oh, I'm sorry!" He turned away and shook his wet hair out with his hand. It was starting to bother him.

"A-anyway! What were we talking about before?" She got up and handed him her shirt to dry his hair. "What are we going to do now? We've got shelter, food, water, and you're all healed up." She walked back to the bed and picked up the pillow. "I just like living and, you know, not dying. I'd stay here until I had to move, which doesn't look to be too soon. If you don't have any idea what to do then I guess we might as well stick around for a while." Isis put her legs back up on the bed.

"I guess so." He sat on the bed next to her. "I think in a few days I might be able to change my ears." He added, laying down as close to the edge of the bed as possible, trying to give her a lot of room.

"That's cool..." She hugged the pillow and leaned back against the head of the bed. The room was cooler now, she noticed. Besides the sort of worn look of it all, it was rather cozy. With Rikyo there it almost felt like an apartment. The whole situation was still a little weird, but it was better than what she had before. It didn't feel so lonely anymore. The scene now with both of them occupying the bed made her think of the few sleepovers she had. Friends would be piled on the bed and talking about such girlish things like boys and clothes and celebrities. It wasn't like that now, but it held the same kind of atmosphere, cold ramen and all.

"Have you ever just looked back at the past and thought 'it's amazing how much has changed...'?" He asked quietly. "Everything that's happened before, it just seems like it never happened at all. Like it was all just a dream." He felt himself choking on his cold heart in his throat.

Isis could hear the pain in his words as he spoke. "Yeah, I've done that so many times. The dream I had earlier... I almost couldn't remember it happening but it really did." She wanted to say something about his situation but didn't want to upset him anymore than he seemed to be. "Sometimes it's good to think about the progress or changes that we've made. Even if they're bad we can't go back now." She looked at him and sighed. "I know it doesn't really help, but...I'm sorry all of this happened to you." She finished her ramen and threw it away in the tiny trash bin by the door.

"It's okay." Was all he said. He was tired now and he wanted to sleep. His eyes started to close and he eventually fell asleep.

Isis didn't speak anymore but stared at her hands for a while. When Rikyo's eyes fell closed she turned out the light and got under the covers. She stayed awake for maybe an hour more, listening to his breathing with her eyes closed. Thoughts buzzed lazily around her mind in the dark. Why did we meet? Did I happen to be the only one who went to the crash? Things really have changed a lot... Two years ago I probably wouldn't have done anything like that. He would have been left there to die. She closed her eyes and stayed that way until she finally drifted off to sleep as well. This time her dreams were not so sad.

rikyo rolled over in his sleep, facing Isis. He suddenly got a chill and shivered. Dreams slipped in and out of his vision, It was more like random pictures and flashes. He was cold and his ears drew back, trying to warm his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.